Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Tsuki ga Kirei' Announced for Spring 2017

New
Jan 27, 2017 7:50 AM
Jul 2018

An original romance TV anime titled Tsuki ga Kirei (The Moon is Beautiful) has been announced. Seiji Kishi (Angel Beats!) will direct the series while Yuuko Kakihara (Orange) will be in charge of the series composition and screenplay under studio feel.. The characters will be designed by loundraw. The anime is scheduled to premiere in April 2017.

Synopsis
Kotarou Azumi and Akane Mizuno became third year students at junior high school and are classmates for the first time. These two, along with fellow classmates, Chinatsu Nishio and Takumi Hira, relate to their peers through mutual understandings and feelings. As their final year at junior high school progresses, the group overcome their challenges to mature and become aware of changes in themselves.

Source: Nijipoi

Tsuki ga Kirei on MAL
tsubasaloverFeb 9, 2017 2:07 AM
Jan 27, 2017 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
Lol this looks cool
+100 points if the anime is also in black n white hahah
Jan 27, 2017 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
Is the mc looking at the other guy?

well looks great
Jan 27, 2017 8:05 AM

Mar 2014
I knew I recognized that artstyle, loundraw is drawing the Azure and Claude manga based on a story by Miaki Sugaru, really liking that.
Surprising to see him get an anime job, really like his stuff.

As for the actual anime, it could be anything really. Wouldn't expect much from Yuuko Kakihara though.
Jan 27, 2017 8:08 AM
May 2015
I hope the anime keeps the retro b/w style in that image.
Jan 27, 2017 8:08 AM

Nov 2007
I hope it's gonna be good. I can only think of ReLIFE, Nijiiro Days, Norn9, Shirayuki-hime S2, Watashi ga Motete Dousunda and Konobi from last year. I really need at least 10 romance anime a year in my lyf.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 27, 2017 8:17 AM

Apr 2009
He is a hit and miss director, I hope he actually hits this time.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 27, 2017 8:20 AM
Feb 2012
^welcome back. Been a while.

As much as I'd like for myself to like this kind of show, it's become impossible. Kuzu no Honkai being the latest evidence of me not caring anymore about shoujo-esque anime despite *wanting* to. :/
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 27, 2017 8:21 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus christ, im starting to have too much anime that i want to try this spring.
I might give it a shot tho, doesnt seem to have a lot of promising romance so far this spring outside of Fukumenkei Noise.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Could be good or bad. I'm hoping good but original TV anime hasn't impressed me too much recently.

Hoping to see a PV soon.
Jan 27, 2017 8:28 AM
Mar 2010
I like the character designs. I hope it's sweet and not annoying.

Rachmaninow said:

As much as I'd like for myself to like this kind of show, it's become impossible. Kuzu no Honkai being the latest evidence of me not caring anymore about shoujo-esque anime despite *wanting* to. :/

Kuzu no Honkai is...shounen I think? Or seinen? o.o I haven't watched it, but it feels shoujo? Really?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 27, 2017 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Looks good, there aren't many romance anime lately so I am going to follow this probably.
Jan 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
This looks like it's going to be cute :D I'll definitly watch it.
Jan 27, 2017 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
Reasonable sized eyes? Yes please.

Also.

LemonJan 27, 2017 6:36 PM
Jan 27, 2017 10:55 AM

Feb 2016
Let's hope it will hit. I really wanna watch a good original anime - it's been too long.
Jan 27, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2014
Oh, this looks coo... *sees Angel Beats director*

bye
Jan 27, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
surprise, I did not expect.
Jan 27, 2017 11:59 AM
Dec 2015
I'm curious about this one. The director has a great track record. Even series which messed up in the writing department like Angel Beats had very strong direction. I'm a little nervous about the writer, as the biggest problem with Orange was that the writing couldn't keep up with the great direction. I hope that they learned from that and will make this one good.

The premise is right up my alley, and Studio feel. has many popular works that appear similar to this one (though I've seen nothing from feel. yet). I'm excited to see where this may go, and cautiously optimistic that the writer will be able to keep up with the good director.
Jan 27, 2017 12:01 PM
Dec 2015
Red_Tuesday said:

bye
Angel Beats was quite well directed though. Jun Maeda did a poor job as writer in the second half, but the direction remained consistently good, and this persons other works are well received, like Ass Class.
Jan 27, 2017 1:44 PM

May 2011
This could turn out decent. Waiting to see a PV.
Jan 27, 2017 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
That has to be the most vague synopsis I've ever read.
Jan 27, 2017 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
GamerUnglued said:
Red_Tuesday said:

bye
Angel Beats was quite well directed though.

Sure, Angel Beats was a perfectly polished assembly-line, focus-tested, populist product.

I need more soul than that.
Jan 27, 2017 2:45 PM
Dec 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
GamerUnglued said:
Angel Beats was quite well directed though.

Sure, Angel Beats was a perfectly polished assembly-line, focus-tested, populist product.

That all comes from the writing though. Shot composition, tone and lighting, camera focus, etc were excellent. Jun Maeda's dramatic writing was manipulative and his story was rushed, which is why it felt stale, though the comedy writing was great. Direction and writing are separate but equally important. Angel Beats was mediocre because only one of those things was good.
Jan 27, 2017 6:13 PM
May 2010
The characters will be designed by loundraw.

Enough reason for me to see this anime.
This is a signature.
Jan 27, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2014
GamerUnglued said:
Red_Tuesday said:

That all comes from the writing though. Shot composition, tone and lighting, camera focus

Camera focus?

Are you... high?

Think ---> Talk

And while I agree Maeda has been declining since the early Key days, the overpolished production is a big part of why it felt so stale. That, and the shoehorning of the "music" to get the tweens on board. (Though it had nothing to do with music, just idol hype-bait)
Jan 27, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2017
Hope it would be good
Jan 27, 2017 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm well Seiji Kishi directed very well on some stuff that I like (which I don't hate him anymore, I used to hate him a lot tho not gonna lie) so well I'll try to give this a shot (btw what I mean is: Yuuki Yuuna, Assassination Classroom, and Danganronpa 3)
Jan 27, 2017 6:39 PM
Dec 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
GamerUnglued said:
That all comes from the writing though. Shot composition, tone and lighting, camera focus

Camera focus?

Are you... high?

Think ---> Talk

And while I agree Maeda has been declining since the early Key days, the overpolished production is a big part of why it felt so stale. That, and the shoehorning of the "music" to get the tweens on board. (Though it had nothing to do with music, just idol hype-bait)
I'm not high. Angel Beats did a great job focusing the camera on important things to create the necessary mood, and the great lighting helped further. I don't know what you mean by overpolished, but both the staleness and the addition of GDM as a band are a result of Maeda, not the director.
Jan 27, 2017 11:10 PM

Oct 2012
Please gimme suffering and angst
Jan 27, 2017 11:48 PM

Jun 2013
Rachmaninow said:

Kuzu no Honkai is seinen though.
Jan 28, 2017 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
GamerUnglued said:
Red_Tuesday said:

Camera focus?

Are you... high?

Think ---> Talk

I'm not high. Angel Beats did a great job focusing the camera on important things to create the necessary mood, and the great lighting helped further. I don't know what you mean by overpolished, but both the staleness and the addition of GDM as a band are a result of Maeda, not the director.

I think what he meant is that you confused the term Camera focus to another aspect of animating or directing... maybe you mean Choreography? Cinematography? Those type of stuff.

Personally I thought the usage of the Angel Beats OST was pretty good in my eyes, and it gave the message enough but the problem was the amount of episodes given were crammed (tho this was understandable and justified in a way) tho I do see what you mean when his writing has gotten stale, or something if that can be said.
Jan 28, 2017 5:19 AM

Nov 2013
''Seiji Kishi (Angel Beats!) will direct the series while Yuuko Kakihara (Orange) will be in charge of the series composition and screenplay''
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D
Jan 28, 2017 11:27 AM
Dec 2015
Symphyon said:
GamerUnglued said:

I think what he meant is that you confused the term Camera focus to another aspect of animating or directing... maybe you mean Choreography? Cinematography? Those type of stuff.

Personally I thought the usage of the Angel Beats OST was pretty good in my eyes, and it gave the message enough but the problem was the amount of episodes given were crammed (tho this was understandable and justified in a way) tho I do see what you mean when his writing has gotten stale, or something if that can be said.
Yea. Cinematography. I was writing this whole thing while with friends yesterday, so I guess I was a bit distracted and couldn't think of the word. The director was great on that show, but the writing was mostly poor, especially as Maeda had to cram the whole thing into 13 episodes. I did love the OST, but I think he was referring to the addition of Girls Dead Monster that supposedly was only meant to appeal to "tweens".
Jan 28, 2017 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
GamerUnglued said:
Symphyon said:

Yea. Cinematography. I was writing this whole thing while with friends yesterday, so I guess I was a bit distracted and couldn't think of the word. The director was great on that show, but the writing was mostly poor, especially as Maeda had to cram the whole thing into 13 episodes. I did love the OST, but I think he was referring to the addition of Girls Dead Monster that supposedly was only meant to appeal to "tweens".

Understandable in that case then, although again... I don't think him cramming down stuff in 13 episodes was his fault, since it was initially 24 episodes but they cut it in half (mostly production committee), but again, I do agree his writing went a bit watered down honestly.

I did like Girls Dead Monster from what I remember, it was nice.
Jan 28, 2017 11:36 AM
Dec 2015
Symphyon said:
GamerUnglued said:

Understandable in that case then, although again... I don't think him cramming down stuff in 13 episodes was his fault, since it was initially 24 episodes but they cut it in half (mostly production committee), but again, I do agree his writing went a bit watered down honestly.

I did like Girls Dead Monster from what I remember, it was nice.
It wasn't Maeda's fault really, but he could have focused it better. Even so, none of the drama in Angel Beats was well executed, mostly because all of the characters were so bland. I never felt much emotion at all when I was clearly supposed to, and that has nothing to do with the plot being cut, but rather that the characters were poor from the start. I'll give it points for being absolutely hilarious though.
Jan 28, 2017 4:26 PM

Mar 2008
Kishi Seiji directed some good animes, although i always remember him by Ranpo Kitan.
The artstyle looks great.
Jan 29, 2017 12:21 AM

Mar 2009
I hate you so much Seiji Kishi.

I was interested for a second, but then I saw him. I'm upset.
Jan 29, 2017 3:54 AM

Sep 2014
KnightA said:
Is the mc looking at the other guy?

well looks great

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I need more Bromance but not really BL animes!
Jan 30, 2017 1:25 AM

Mar 2009
I hope it's gay, but it won't be.
Feb 1, 2017 3:56 AM

Oct 2012
Seems interesting enough. I'll look forward to it.
"Who knows."

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by Avery20 »»
7 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by Miragee »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.