Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever paid for any anime merchandise?

New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2017 10:26 AM

Feb 2015
Jan 25, 2017 10:26 AM
Aug 2016
nry said:
Mom and dad spent millions on me buying me Saint Seiya, Pokemon and Digimon stuff. Toys, cards, clothing, and other junk.

When I turned 18, I used some money my parents had been saving for me til I got that age to buy the gorgeous and majestic Leo and Sagitarious Myth Cloth armours. MY PRECIOUSSS. Yeah, I used my parents' savings for me to buy that stuff.

I've bought some Ghibli movies too but I don't know if that counts.
Wow! XD That's quite a funny story. I'm probably going to buy something this year, too.
Jan 25, 2017 10:27 AM
Aug 2016
Darek said:
Mokir said:
other than a few manga, I bought this lovely Shinobu figure. I wanted on of Holo too, but they didn't have any withing reasonable price :(

Damn that's cute, I really want a ononoki figurine, I think I want to have figurines of all the monogatari characters aside from Hitagi.
Dunno why, but I loooove Shinobu from monogatari series.
Jan 25, 2017 10:29 AM
Aug 2016
Mokir said:
other than a few manga, I bought this lovely Shinobu figure. I wanted on of Holo too, but they didn't have any withing reasonable price :(

Aww! That's cute! :3 Where'd ya buy it?
Jan 25, 2017 10:29 AM
Aug 2016
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
Just manga and some DVDs that's about it ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ character limit
Ah. DVDs? Such as? :3 Ehh? Tell me plz
Jan 25, 2017 10:30 AM
Aug 2016
Lovaloo said:
I own almost every studio Ghibli movie, I have a small collection of anime DVDs, and I used my christmas cash to buy a few anime T-shirts that should be coming in the mail within the next week or so (outrageously slow shipping). Aside from that, I don't have much else. I'm not a very wealthy human being.
What's your favorite movie from Studio Ghibli? I have high expectations for your reply. :3
Jan 25, 2017 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, you can check my profile description (or check my profile on myfigurecollection http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/rsc-pl ). I need to update those photos (especially with figurines), but I have a lot of manga volumes.
Yes, collecting things is very addictive.
rsc-plJan 25, 2017 10:36 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 25, 2017 10:31 AM

Oct 2014
Pyravia said:
Should I start collecting too...? Or will it get addicting somehow? :3

It IS addictive. My figure display is too full and I make it a point to punch myself in the face the next time I think of buying another DVD. Seems to be working, I haven't bought a show in months and I watch streams instead.
Jan 25, 2017 10:37 AM
Aug 2016
H
rsc-pl said:
Yeah, you can check my profile description. I need to update those photos (especially with figurines), but I have a lot of manga volumes.
Yes, collecting things is very addictive.
Wow! That's impressive. Also, very cool profile!

That's a pretty impressive collection. I could show a picture of my Naruto volumes :3 I mean, I have up to 50 or something idk. I forgot.
Jan 25, 2017 10:38 AM
Aug 2016
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Pyravia said:
Should I start collecting too...? Or will it get addicting somehow? :3

It IS addictive. My figure display is too full and I make it a point to punch myself in the face the next time I think of buying another DVD. Seems to be working, I haven't bought a show in months and I watch streams instead.
Ah, streams are okay. If they aren't illegal, that is :3
Jan 25, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2016
Pyravia said:
Swagernator said:
No, i never ever paid for any anime merchandise.
Have you ever paid for anime in general? Like on Crunchyroll?
No there is no point in it, why paid for something you can have free.
Jan 25, 2017 10:40 AM
Aug 2016
Lovaloo said:
Pyravia said:
What's your favorite movie from Studio Ghibli? I have high expectations for your reply. :3

I'll do you one better. My top three:

1. Castle in the Sky (appeals to me on every level, an all-time favorite)
2. Princess Mononoke (one of the most beautiful, biblical epics I've ever seen)
3. Spirited Away (a fascinating, surreal spin on the classic coming of age tale)

They're all 10s in my book.
I just checked your profile, and I want to ask you something: Do you know how long it takes to get into Gintama? I saw it was in your favorite, so I wanted to know how quickly you got "into" it.

I need to start watching more anime movies.
Jan 25, 2017 10:41 AM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Pyravia said:
Have you ever paid for anime in general? Like on Crunchyroll?
Because it supports the creatores. :/ That way, you are helping keeping the anime living. Anime normally doesn't even recoup their budget. You should support 'em!
Jan 25, 2017 10:45 AM

Apr 2016
Pyravia said:
Swagernator said:
Because it supports the creatores. :/ That way, you are helping keeping the anime living. Anime normally doesn't even recoup their budget. You should support 'em!
Why should i ? anime was, is and always will be made by Japanese for the Japanese, they don't give a shit about west. When some TV show has problems with sales it is always theirs home market which is to blame.
Jan 25, 2017 10:49 AM
Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Pyravia said:
Why should i ? anime was, is and always will be made by Japanese for the Japanese, they don't give a shit about west. When some TV show has problems with sales it is always theirs home market which is to blame.
But you know, the streaming sites you are (probably) using are illegal. :/
Jan 25, 2017 10:52 AM
Dec 2014
I recently pre order Kitakore and THRIVE's 3rd single

Besides that I have few figures, 2 CDs (aoharu x kikanjuu and Musaigen no Phantom world's OP), posters/keychains, dvds, and manga.
Jan 25, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
Nope, I torrent all my games (VN's and hyperdimension series), in addition to completed anime itself and maybe some OST collections. Call me a scumbag but "arrgh!"
Jan 25, 2017 11:03 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I need more merch tbh. Can never have enough of those.
Jan 25, 2017 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
Swagernator said:
Pyravia said:

Whether or not the Japanese gives a shit about you will never matter in this argument so long as you are still a consumer of their product that cost money, time and labor to create. Don't know how the west not being the prime source of profit for this industry entitles people to steal it and indulge in it for free.
Jan 25, 2017 11:25 AM
Aug 2016
Lovaloo said:
Pyravia said:
I just checked your profile, and I want to ask you something: Do you know how long it takes to get into Gintama? I saw it was in your favorite, so I wanted to know how quickly you got "into" it.

Pyravia said:

The first few episodes of Gintama drag a little bit because a lot of time is spent introducing the important characters, establishing their relationships, and setting up their backstories. So I'd say if you aren't "into" Gintama by around episode 20, you won't like it. It can be monumentally stupid, ridiculous, and occasionally racy, those qualities don't appeal to everyone. It's sense of humor can get repetitive, too. It's definitely not for everyone.
I watched episode 20 3 days ago or something. I've laughed a bit, but it's not as funny as everyone says so far. .-.
Jan 25, 2017 11:26 AM
Aug 2016
AntwanMantilla said:
How much merchhhhhhhhhhh do you have? :3
Jan 25, 2017 11:27 AM
Aug 2016
OppaiSugoi said:
Nope, I torrent all my games (VN's and hyperdimension series), in addition to completed anime itself and maybe some OST collections. Call me a scumbag but "arrgh!"
R.I.P. I did that with the Grisaia VN I don't regret it. I'm going to buy something from the publisher soon, anyway.
Jan 25, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2016
I have all the Noragami mangas, One ''My little monster'' and ''Assassination Classroom'' manga. A Hatsune Miku, Sailor Mars and Tomoko Kuroki figure. I plan to buy some anime DVD's too.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jan 25, 2017 11:32 AM
Aug 2016
Noragamigami said:
I have all the Noragami mangas, One ''My little monster'' and ''Assassination Classroom'' manga. A Hatsune Miku, Sailor Mars and Tomoko Kuroki figure. I plan to buy some anime DVD's too.
Yus! What kinda expression does Tomoko have on the figure? :3
Jan 25, 2017 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
Pyravia said:
Like, I have manga and such, but I'm not sure if it counts.

If you have, what did you buy? :3
Hell to the fucking NO!!!! I will never and I repeat NEVER pay for anything anime or manga related in my whole life. Be it merchandise, manga volumes, anime streaming websites or whatever else you can add into the mix. NEVER!!!!!!
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Jan 25, 2017 11:36 AM
Aug 2016
Raging_Berserker said:
Pyravia said:
Like, I have manga and such, but I'm not sure if it counts.

If you have, what did you buy? :3
Hell to the fucking NO!!!! I will never and I repeat NEVER pay for anything anime or manga related in my whole life. Be it merchandise, manga volumes, anime streaming websites or whatever else you can add into the mix. NEVER!!!!!!
Why not? Stop raging! Berserk 3: Bloke
Jan 25, 2017 11:41 AM
Aug 2016
Lovaloo said:
Pyravia said:
I watched episode 20 3 days ago or something. I've laughed a bit, but it's not as funny as everyone says so far. .-.

Well, I think a lot of people love Gintama because it's more than just a comedy anime. Though It's a shonen parody through and through, Gintama is not a bad shonen anime when played straight. It's got some awesome fighting scenes, several great antagonists who provide tension, surprisingly deep characters with interesting backstories, power struggles, all the good stuff you see in regular shonen anime. Gintama doesn't normally take itself seriously, but when it does get serious, it gets seriously epic. It's not a shonen on the same level of depth of FMA:B or Hunter x Hunter, but it's not trying to be. It's just trying to be intriguing and cool. In that regard, it succeeds.
I'm also having trouble getting into FMA:B - HXH 2011 Was amazing (excluding the annoying narrator explaining obvious stuff)
Jan 25, 2017 11:41 AM

Jan 2016
Pullman said:
You mean aside from my Collection?

I have a few posters (GITS; Akira, Kino's Journey, Gintama, Berserk, JoJo: DiU) and T-Shirts (Space Brothers, One Piece, Attack on Titan). That's pretty much it.

Quite impressive collection. I dont have much myself since its not easy to get anime here in Sweden without importing but i have Madoka Magica Blu ray and Kara no kyoukai collection. I will try to get Fate/Zero but its not easy.
Jan 25, 2017 11:42 AM

Jun 2016
Pyravia said:
Noragamigami said:

The one from the Watamote poster. This one
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jan 25, 2017 11:45 AM
Aug 2016
Noragamigami said:
Pyravia said:

The one from the Watamote poster. This one
Oh god, now I'm thinking of Tomoko making that expression
Jan 25, 2017 11:46 AM
Aug 2016
moondragon84 said:
Pullman said:
You mean aside from my Collection?

I have a few posters (GITS; Akira, Kino's Journey, Gintama, Berserk, JoJo: DiU) and T-Shirts (Space Brothers, One Piece, Attack on Titan). That's pretty much it.

Quite impressive collection. I dont have much myself since its not easy to get anime here in Sweden without importing but i have Madoka Magica Blu ray and Kara no kyoukai collection. I will try to get Fate/Zero but its not easy.
Lots of money can be spent on anime. Spend it wisely. :3
Jan 25, 2017 11:47 AM

Jun 2015
Pyravia said:
Raging_Berserker said:
Why not? Stop raging! Berserk 3: Bloke
Paying for anything anime or manga related is stupidity to me. I read and watch all my stuff for free. If I can't get it for free, fuck it. There are other free to watch stuff out there. Don't care for the people involved in making anime and mangas, I'll applaud their efforts in creating it and that's all. I'm too nonchalant to care whether makers and providers should be paid for the blood, sweat, tears, efforts used to make the final product a blessing for we to consume whichever way. The world is already an unfair place as it is, I'm just gonna get mine and that's all. Ya dig?
'Life is full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations, successes and disappointments. Think positive always and never allow disappointments drag you down. Hell! Disappoint anyone and everyone, but never and I repeat, NEVER disappoint yourself'.
Jan 25, 2017 11:49 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pyravia said:
AntwanMantilla said:
How much merchhhhhhhhhhh do you have? :3

I bought figs, books and BD's for some shows. It's not a huge collection though.
Jan 25, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
Pyravia said:
H
Takamura-sama said:
Volume 4 & 5 of NGNL(LN)
Kizumonogatari and Bakemonogatari (par 1)(LN)
SAO volume 1 and 9 (LN)
AOT Volume 9 & 10 (MANGA)
Orange Manga Complete
Kirito figure
Kotori Figure (I have 2)
high school dxd vol 5 manga
and Uhm lots of small things like bags, keychain, t-shirts, Wallet etc
HS DxD - Watching it for the plot :3 Hehe

I would watch it even without the ecchi.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 25, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2015
I only brought the entire manga collection of Lucky Star in Japanese, plan to read them when I someday learn reading that is (University doesn't me enough time to be happy -w-) :3

Still have my old Manga from I was a child english translated though :3

Complete manga collection of Dragon Ball, Yugioh, volume 1-40 of One Piece, some volumes of Naruto and Detective conan and Astro Boy and some short manga stories from Akira Toriyama :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jan 25, 2017 11:57 AM
Aug 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Pyravia said:
H
HS DxD - Watching it for the plot :3 Hehe

I would watch it even without the ecchi.
Is that true? :3 Or are you lying! >:3
Jan 25, 2017 11:57 AM
Aug 2016
He
Ultimatedeath said:
I only brought the entire manga collection of Lucky Star in Japanese, plan to read them when I someday learn reading that is (University doesn't me enough time to be happy -w-) :3

Complete manga collection of Dragon Ball, Yugioh, volume 1-40 of One Piece, some volumes of Naruto and Detective conan and Astro Boy and some short manga stories from Akira Toriyama :3
Hehehehehe :3 I love Lucky Star - Still PTW April 8th event watching
Jan 25, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Pyravia said:
He
Ultimatedeath said:

I see, what's gonna happen on April 8th? :3

btw. I checked out your profile, I like how you designed your profile ;3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jan 25, 2017 12:09 PM
Aug 2016
Ultimatedeath said:
Pyravia said:
He

A LOT OF THINGS. 10th year aniversary for Lucky Star. And another personal event. I'll be watching it then.

Thanks a lot! Your profile is pretty cool, too. :3
Jan 25, 2017 12:12 PM

Aug 2015
A box full of KamiKoto doujinshis.

Also some random stuff like a shirt, a mug, posters and some manga. Would love to buy more manga but shipping from japan is expensive.
Jan 25, 2017 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
Pyravia said:
Ultimatedeath said:

A LOT OF THINGS. 10th year aniversary for Lucky Star. And another personal event. I'll be watching it then.

I see, think maybe a special or some sort would air in regarding the the celebration :3
Thanks ^w^

Jan 25, 2017 12:17 PM
Aug 2016
Ultimatedeath said:
Pyravia said:

I see, think maybe a special or some sort would air in regarding the the celebration :3
Thanks ^w^
It feels like I'm about to die. It's hard to wait.
Jan 25, 2017 12:18 PM

Nov 2010
Every year when I go to anime convention. I have some mugs, small figures, pins, stickers, mostly small things that aren't too expensive ^^

Of course manga and anime too if those count.
Jan 25, 2017 12:19 PM

Jan 2015
Pyravia said:
Ultimatedeath said:

Thanks ^w^

Is it gonna air om some website, twitch idk? :3

Jan 25, 2017 12:22 PM
Aug 2016
Ultimatedeath said:
Pyravia said:

No. :3 Just some event. Hehe >w< CAN'T WAIT!
Jan 25, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
Pyravia said:
Ultimatedeath said:

I see, I assume it would be held in Japan :3

Jan 25, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
I have a few wall scrolls, a hoodie and some T-shirts.

I like to remove the scroll part of the wall scrolls, and just have the cloth hanging by needles. Looks much better on the wall ^^

If I'm ever gettnig any more, I'll be putting custom pics on there c:
Jan 25, 2017 12:36 PM
Aug 2016
Ultimatedeath said:
Pyravia said:

I see, I assume it would be held in Japan :3
Maybe, maybe not. -w- Anyway, cannot wait.
Jan 25, 2017 1:18 PM
Aug 2016
Lovaloo said:
Pyravia said:
I'm also having trouble getting into FMA:B - HXH 2011 Was amazing (excluding the annoying narrator explaining obvious stuff)

I always tell people to watch the original FMA before watching Brotherhood. The first 15 episodes of Brotherhood make a lot more sense if you watch the original first.
Unfortunately, I can't stand the art. 3: I dunno. I probably can now.
Jan 25, 2017 1:24 PM

Jun 2008
I have a few figurines, plushies and keychains.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 9 minutes ago

2 by Nemo_Niemand »»
4 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
22 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
29 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
32 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.