Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2011
I have a few questions...
1) I don't know where to find a mange for #27 Read a manga one-shot that became a prototype for a longer series. Any suggestions?
2) Does Koizora count for #51 Read a manga based on real event or person ? I heard it's a biography of the author (or rather the original novel is)
3) I would appreciate a suggestion for #42 Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in their field. I'd love to read a medical manga or sth about racing... Basically anything but war, mecha or sports is okay with me.
4) Please suggest sth for #66. Please no war, mecha or sports manga. I really like ecchi, shoujo, yuri and moe.

Thanks for helping me out in advance :)
I wanted to enjoy every second, but time went by too fast.
As time has long run out, we grow more distant with every heartbeat.
You're so close, yet so far... Memories are fading and my heart's breaking.
Please be happy. Because I can't. I will never forget you.
Jan 17, 2017 2:52 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
What can I do if I'm doing a particular challenge inside the MRC and I don't have any recs that meet the criteria for #66: Watch something recommended by MAL or MALgraph?
Sweey said:
1) I don't know where to find a mange for #27 Read a manga one-shot that became a prototype for a longer series. Any suggestions?
2) Does Koizora count for #51 Read a manga based on real event or person ? I heard it's a biography of the author (or rather the original novel is)
3) I would appreciate a suggestion for #42 Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in their field. I'd love to read a medical manga or sth about racing... Basically anything but war, mecha or sports is okay with me.
4) Please suggest sth for #66. Please no war, mecha or sports manga. I really like ecchi, shoujo, yuri and moe.

1- You can read the FAQ. @MRC_mod said that she would update that to add some more items, but there are a few already. I'm using a yuri (Shinigami Alice), for that item.
2- If it's a biography, then it should be valid.
3- Probably someone can rec you something better, but Gun-Jou is a short SoL about someone who runs semi-professionally. The other main character is a teacher, just in case it doesn't count.
4- I'm doing a yuri-only challenge, but I've not read a lot of them (30 completed manga, so you can guess). Fragtime is a nice an easy read. Only 18 chapters, though. If you're looking for something longer, maybe a relatively mainstream anime like Octave is ok for you.
Conde_MohrJan 17, 2017 2:55 PM

Jan 17, 2017 3:15 PM

Dec 2016
Kino_no_Tabi said:
txnca said:
So, what the heck is a CD Drama? It's from #31 on the manga challenge. Thanks for the help!

@txnca
A CD Drama is an audio drama. Basically, you're listening to voice actors/actresses act out a scene or a story. Kind of like the radio shows of older times when they used to broadcast voice-dramatized stories.

For the challenge, since it's asking for a manga that has been adapted to drama cd, I recommend checking out this site; it lists many of them:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Adapted+to+Drama+CD

Thank you very much! I had looked at that site earlier and clicked on the CD Drama in advanced search but it only brought up 6 or so. Figured there had to be more just wasn't sure how to show them. Your link shows pages of them! I certainly appreciate it!
Jan 17, 2017 3:34 PM

Dec 2008
txnca said:
Kino_no_Tabi said:

@txnca
A CD Drama is an audio drama. Basically, you're listening to voice actors/actresses act out a scene or a story. Kind of like the radio shows of older times when they used to broadcast voice-dramatized stories.

For the challenge, since it's asking for a manga that has been adapted to drama cd, I recommend checking out this site; it lists many of them:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Adapted+to+Drama+CD

Thank you very much! I had looked at that site earlier and clicked on the CD Drama in advanced search but it only brought up 6 or so. Figured there had to be more just wasn't sure how to show them. Your link shows pages of them! I certainly appreciate it!
You're welcome! I've noticed that for that site searching by tags can be a chore because the tags are not consistent ^_^" But I'm glad we have that search page now!
Jan 17, 2017 4:06 PM

Jan 2017
@zetsubouhime Hmm unfortunately there's just too much of it published in the 90s, so I won't count it.

@Conde_Mohr Wait it out, maybe after you read a bunch of a particular genre the suggestions will default to that genre more often.

@Sweey Yes, Koizora counts for the real person item.
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jan 17, 2017 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
Selphie64 said:
Zenit said:
Can I have a recommendation for challenge #60?

If you liked Monster and Death Note, you could give Liar Game a chance, or maybe ES: Eternal Sabbath or Pandora Hearts.

TimeToRepent said:
I'm looking for a manga suggestion, for the task #60.

Preferably something not too long, with some action and drama.

ES: Eternal Sabbath, Boku dake ga Inai Machi or Kimi no Knife. For a shorter read, Shinrei Tantei Yakumo: Akai Hitomi wa Shitteiru and Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko. Though they are none of them typical shounen style action...

Thanks.
I'll pick up Boku Dake ga Inai Machi..

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Jan 17, 2017 6:22 PM
Aug 2011
Looking for a rec for #60.
I will read any genre, any demographic, and i'm fine with any decade as well. In fact i'd welcome some older manga. Thanks.
If it's on my ptr list then i'll bump up the priority.
Jan 17, 2017 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
@Tiramisu Thanks for the help!

@stand
For something older & not on your ptr or anime list: 11-nin Iru!, Shuna no Tabi, Eroica yori Ai wo Komete

Good oldish stuff from your ptr: Basara, Nausicaa, Boku no Chikyuu wo Mamotte, X

Nickelodeon & Kuragehime (and pretty much everything else I've read from there) were pretty cool too if you want something more recent
Jan 17, 2017 10:13 PM

Dec 2016
lady_freyja said:
Kassitero said:
Well i need recs for number 60, some not generics manga should be ok.

Well, « not generic » is relative.

Palepoli is what I call « not generic ».

But if it's too much « not generic » for you, then try… I dunno, Tsuki no Ko for example. More conventional, but pretty good.

Thanks for your recs, i don't know them, so i will read it.
Jan 17, 2017 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
Sweey said:

For a doctor working in an hospital, you have Nemureru Mori no Binan and its sequel Tomoi. It's not yuri, but rather a realistic BL.
Jan 17, 2017 11:39 PM

Mar 2013
Twili-Arsis said:
Hi! Could I please get some good manga recommendations for these 2 challenges?

56. Read a Sports, Martial Arts, Cars or Games manga
67. Read a manga that starts with the same second letter of your username

I don't usually read sports manga so I would prefer games for #56. I read Liar Game and it is one of my favorite manga, so I would love to read something similar. But no more than 100 chapters long please XD

And for #67 the letter would be "w". I don't know many titles like such besides Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan which I'm already reading for #23.

Any suggestions?

56. Welcome to the Ballroom if you want something on-going. The problem with "Game" genre is a large number of them just aren't translated. You can try Hikari no Go or Bus Game.

67. Wild Adapter but it's on like indefinite hiatus.
Jan 18, 2017 12:00 AM

Mar 2013
Sweey said:

42 Black Jack or The Embalmer seem good.
66 You have to use one of those sites to get a suggestion for you

Crystabel_Pinna said:
I need help with a recommendation for №60 :> ~thanks~

Your list is private, so Idk what you've read, but Kakukaku Shikajika is really good. So is Kokou no Hito
Jan 18, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
abystoma2 said:
Could anyone please give a manga recommendation? Preferably something not too long.

How about Onanie Master Kurosawa?

And i just remember i need a rec too. I prefer if is horror/psychological but i'm fine with other genres too.

Jan 18, 2017 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
I just wanna check, would Death Note count for #39 Read a manga with a main cast mostly of one gender?

renzoushi said:
abystoma2 said:
Could anyone please give a manga recommendation? Preferably something not too long.

How about Onanie Master Kurosawa?

And i just remember i need a rec too. I prefer if is horror/psychological but i'm fine with other genres too.

Helter Skelter is horror/psychological
Jan 18, 2017 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
@renzoushi Thanks! Will read.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 18, 2017 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
@Shuichi2 It looks interesting, thanks i'll read. About Death Note i think it counts.

Jan 18, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Could someone recommend me manga for #60? Not too long and preferably older. Thanks in advance!
Jan 18, 2017 12:59 PM

Feb 2015
Gwathgor said:
Could someone recommend me manga for #60? Not too long and preferably older. Thanks in advance!

How bout this one? Meteor Methuselah
It started 1999, so it's kinda old
Jan 18, 2017 1:44 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
abystoma2 said:

If you still need one
https://myanimelist.net/manga/52741/Hadi_Girl
https://myanimelist.net/manga/28226/Bonnouji

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 18, 2017 1:45 PM

Dec 2015
Thanks, I will read it :3
Jan 18, 2017 1:46 PM

Dec 2009
31. Read a manga that has inspired or been adapted to cd drama :
43. Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field :

these two are the only manga requirements that i havent picked what to read yet, if you guys have any suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it. i dont mind anything long as long as its finished
Feed my Pets Plz? :3

Jan 18, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2016
Hi, I have a question about this challenge:

Read a manga that started serialization the year you joined MAL

I have the length restriction, and since there aren't manga with +5 volumes which started in 2016, what do I do? xD
Jan 18, 2017 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
Hi, can someone recommend me a manga for #60 too?
Also, I need a manga based on a real event/person (#51)

I would prefer something not too long , but not too short either (min 5 vol).
I usually read shoujo/romance, but I wouldn't mind other genres. Thank you!!
Jan 18, 2017 3:04 PM

May 2014
abystoma2 said:

You should try Orange. It's a shorter read and pretty good
Jan 18, 2017 4:36 PM

Mar 2013
silenteve said:
43. Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field :

these two are the only manga requirements that i havent picked what to read yet, if you guys have any suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it. i dont mind anything long as long as its finished

Onanie Master Kurosawa
Bambino
Jan 18, 2017 5:24 PM

Aug 2009
Haruchan- said:
Hi, can someone recommend me a manga for #60 too?
Also, I need a manga based on a real event/person (#51)

I would prefer something not too long , but not too short either (min 5 vol).
I usually read shoujo/romance, but I wouldn't mind other genres. Thank you!!

For #51, both Kakukaku Shikajika and Ito Junji no Neko Nikki: Yon & Mu (if you're a cat lover) are both good reads.
For #60, a superb shoujo series is Koi dano Ai dano, but then one should really read the shorter prequel Warau Kanoko-sama as well. Or you could try some cute, non-romance-but-nevertheless-smile-inducing fluff like Gokicha or Yotsuba!
Jan 18, 2017 5:39 PM

Dec 2009
AudioTsunami said:
silenteve said:

Onanie Master Kurosawa
Bambino

ive already read onani master but i havent heard of bambino yet, thanks!

if you guys know any manga that has a cd drama, let me know
Feed my Pets Plz? :3

Jan 18, 2017 9:43 PM

Mar 2013
silenteve said:
AudioTsunami said:

Onanie Master Kurosawa
Bambino

ive already read onani master but i havent heard of bambino yet, thanks!

if you guys know any manga that has a cd drama, let me know

Rurouni Kenshin, Aria, Pandora Hearts, Seven Day(this is shounen ai, but it's tame and good).
Jan 18, 2017 10:44 PM
Apr 2016
Hiya! <( ̄︶ ̄)> Anyone got any recommendations for manga so I can complete this --> 60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread.
I want to broaden my horizon so surprise me (⌒▽⌒)☆

Thank you (o_ _)ノ彡☆
Jan 19, 2017 12:54 AM

Mar 2013
LookBehindYouO_O said:
Hiya! <( ̄︶ ̄)> Anyone got any recommendations for manga so I can complete this --> 60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread.
I want to broaden my horizon so surprise me (⌒▽⌒)☆

Thank you (o_ _)ノ彡☆

Kakukaku shikajika
Kokou no Hitou
Welcome to the Ballroom(ongoing)
Jan 19, 2017 1:49 AM

Jan 2017
Jan 19, 2017 2:19 AM

Mar 2013
WilburCobb said:

Kakukaku Shikajika

Meiyiing said:
Need recommendations. Any genre if fine, particularly short ones that are completely translated.

Gunnm
Shigurui
All You Need Is Kill
Moon
Ayako
Innocent
Ressentiment
Seizon Life
Oyaji
Suiiki
Lady Snowblood
Hotel
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer
About Death
Kokou no Hito
Densha Otoko
and

kakukaku shikajika
Jan 19, 2017 2:38 AM

Mar 2013
@Meiyiing
Densha Otoko and Natsu no Zenjitsu are both romance and exceptional.
Jan 19, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2016
Need a recommendation for 60, thank you ^^
Jan 19, 2017 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
@Selphie64 Thanks for your recommendations!!
I'll go check Koi dano Ai dano and Gokicha ^^

I already used Kakukaku Shikajika for ''a main character that is a professional in his field'' (#43)

Does anyone else have recs for #51 (a manga based on a real event/person)?
Or a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field?
Jan 19, 2017 10:01 AM
Feb 2016
Hello! :)
Could anyone be so kind as to help me recommending a manga title?
I am providing my Manga List here so you won't recommend something I have already read.

If possible I would like to ask you to follow these restrictions:
Length: short (no longer than 4~5 volumes)
Jan 19, 2017 10:52 AM
Feb 2016
KenApplepi said:

@KenApplepi

Based in your favorites (I'm sorry if my rec. sucks..., I'm terrible at recommending titles):

How about Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane?
Length: vol.6, ch.27
Tags: Sci-Fi, Psychological, Action, Mystery
MangaFox

Mouryou no Yurikago
Length: vol.6, ch.41
Tags: Action, Mystery, Horror, Ecchi, Drama
MangaFox

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Length: vol.9, ch.49
Tags: Mystery, Supernatural, Psychological
MangaFox
NeonAlchsmithJan 19, 2017 10:59 AM
Jan 19, 2017 10:55 AM

Jun 2016
NeonAlchsmith said:
KenApplepi said:

@KenApplepi

Based in your favorites (I'm sorry if my rec. sucks..., I'm terrible at recommending titles):

How about Kanshinkan Tsunemori Akane?
Length: vol.6, ch.27
Tags: Sci-Fi, Psychological, Action, Mystery

Mouryou no Yurikago
Length: vol.6, ch.41
Tags: Action, Mystery, Horror, Ecchi, Drama

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Length: vol.9, ch.49
Tags: Mystery, Supernatural, Psychological

Thank you very much, all three seem interesting ^^
Jan 19, 2017 12:02 PM

Aug 2009
NeonAlchsmith said:
Hello! :)
Could anyone be so kind as to help me recommending a manga title?
I am providing my Manga List here so you won't recommend something I have already read.

If possible I would like to ask you to follow these restrictions:
Length: short (no longer than 4~5 volumes)

I see you've liked these mangaka before, so I'll go with Beast Master, a cute read, or Raiden 18.
Else, Warau Kanoko-sama, +α no Tachiichi, Sukima-Shiki and Kamisama no Iutoori are all fun, short and completely scanlated reads.
Jan 19, 2017 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
Going to do Manga Challenge 60 which means I have to take a recommendation from one of you guys. Any genre will do but I would prefer it to be under 10 volumes because college just started. I'll read the first to reply.
Jan 19, 2017 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
HighEntia said:
Going to do Manga Challenge 60 which means I have to take a recommendation from one of you guys. Any genre will do but I would prefer it to be under 10 volumes because college just started. I'll read the first to reply.
Based on your favorites, I think you'll like Arigatou.
Jan 19, 2017 1:23 PM
Feb 2016
Selphie64 said:

I see you've liked these mangaka before, so I'll go with Beast Master, a cute read, or Raiden 18.
Else, Warau Kanoko-sama, +α no Tachiichi, Sukima-Shiki and Kamisama no Iutoori are all fun, short and completely scanlated reads.

@Selphie64
Thank you!! I'll check them! :D
Jan 19, 2017 1:59 PM

Feb 2013
Tiramisu said:
HighEntia said:
Based on your favorites, I think you'll like Arigatou.
Thanks Bro. heard of this before but never seen anyone who's read it.
Jan 20, 2017 2:37 AM

Mar 2013
Haruchan- said:
@Selphie64 Thanks for your recommendations!!
I'll go check Koi dano Ai dano and Gokicha ^^

I already used Kakukaku Shikajika for ''a main character that is a professional in his field'' (#43)

Does anyone else have recs for #51 (a manga based on a real event/person)?
Or a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field?

Denshi otoko for 51
Bambino for 43.

Depending on which way you want yo go.
Jan 20, 2017 3:12 AM

Sep 2016
i just sign up for this challenge today, can i use manga that i completed week ago ?

also can someone recommend me some manga for #60 :) here is my list

thanks in advance
majahostJan 20, 2017 3:17 AM
Jan 20, 2017 5:46 AM

Apr 2013
@lounge23 You can use whatever manga you want as long as you started reading it on 2017. If you completed it a week ago but started reading it on December 31, it's not valid.

As for recommendations, I'd suggest Akumetsu, Chikan Otoko, Kiseijuu, Planetes, Battle Royale, I hope you like one of them. :)
Jan 20, 2017 6:14 AM

Sep 2016
@HeNrYTG50 Thank you, i read solanin last week. Months after i read punpun because im not ready yet for another asano inio manga haha

i'll take chikan otoko or planetes for the challenge whichever comes first and i also interested in akumetsu so ill put it in my plan-to-read list. thanks again
Jan 20, 2017 9:56 AM

Dec 2015
Hi! Can somebody help me with #12? It's to read a manga written by someone from the Year 24 Group. Most mangaka doesn't tell their actual age so I'd appreciate the help!
Jan 20, 2017 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
makotoed said:
Hi! Can somebody help me with #12? It's to read a manga written by someone from the Year 24 Group. Most mangaka doesn't tell their actual age so I'd appreciate the help!

It's explained in the FAQ in the first post. It's not actually about the age of the mangaka, it's just the name given to a group of mangaka. For the lack of better word, they represent an "artistic movement" of the manga (like the gekiga of the challenge #6) that heavily influenced shōjo and josei manga.

Here the mangaka valid for the challenge:
Moto Hagio
Keiko Takemiya
Yumiko Ōshima
Ryōko Yamagishi
Shio Satō
Yasuko Aoike
Riyoko Ikeda
(and some unscanlated ones)

Since you said on your profile that you enjoy BL manga, the Year 24 are the progenitors of that genre. 3 of their seminal BL works:
From Eroica With Love: a comedy BL. (an episodic manga)
Heart of Thomas: a serious and platonic BL.
Kaze to Ki no Uta: a serious and erotic BL. (warning: on-going scanlation)

Of course they did far more BL, like Marginal which is actually an hard sci-fi work with BL.
And of course, they also did non-BL works (historical fiction, horror, fantasy, sci-fi et cætera…), they even introduced yuri into manga.
removed-userJan 20, 2017 10:22 AM
Jan 20, 2017 12:21 PM

Dec 2008
lady_freyja said:
makotoed said:

It's explained in the FAQ in the first post. It's not actually about the age of the mangaka, it's just the name given to a group of mangaka. For the lack of better word, they represent an "artistic movement" of the manga (like the gekiga of the challenge #6) that heavily influenced shōjo and josei manga.

Here the mangaka valid for the challenge:
Moto Hagio
Keiko Takemiya
Yumiko Ōshima
Ryōko Yamagishi
Shio Satō
Yasuko Aoike
Riyoko Ikeda
(and some unscanlated ones)

Since you said on your profile that you enjoy BL manga, the Year 24 are the progenitors of that genre. 3 of their seminal BL works:
From Eroica With Love: a comedy BL. (an episodic manga)
Heart of Thomas: a serious and platonic BL.
Kaze to Ki no Uta: a serious and erotic BL. (warning: on-going scanlation)

Of course they did far more BL, like Marginal which is actually an hard sci-fi work with BL.
And of course, they also did non-BL works (historical fiction, horror, fantasy, sci-fi et cætera…), they even introduced yuri into manga.
I was about to ask this too. Thank you for the Q&A!
I was also looking to read some more BL manga, so this is perfect for me ^~^
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Media Do and Piccoma

GinIonSui - 25 minutes ago

0 by GinIonSui »»
25 minutes ago

» What mangas are you sad that scanlators dropped

zkl - Feb 26

19 by RareAnimeHunter »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

455 by elsewherecw »»
6 hours ago

» What is a manga you want to be adapted

Idk5008 - Mar 3

20 by AkiEX2 »»
6 hours ago

» Is a guy reading a lighthearted cutesy manga disturbing?

fallout45 - Aug 26

32 by isseixkoneko »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.