Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 16, 2017 3:12 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I would never do that as I find it to be pointless tbh.
Jan 16, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2010
Do you even notice the difference at 1.1x? Just watch it at 2x if it's that boring
Jan 16, 2017 3:22 PM

Jul 2014
Is this in reference to the Bee Movie that speeds up everytime they say Bee?
Jan 16, 2017 3:38 PM

Jun 2014
I don't get it. I don't understand people that do this. Actually, I don't want to. To me, its not sane and absolutely makes no sense at all. Thankfully, I don't do this.

Pretty much my opinion.
Jan 16, 2017 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
Gotta watch fast gotta watch fast~ Weeabo X

OT: Seriously i don't see the point of watching a anime if you gonna "speed run" through the whole thing. You watch something just for the sake of completing it as fast as possible rather than for your own personal enjoyment?
removed-userJan 16, 2017 3:49 PM
Jan 16, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
I only speed up hentai to improve the animation quality xD
Jan 16, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
Tbh I never speed up any anime that I've watched but I did skipped some of unecessary talk scenes (in my opinion) of trying to offend or showing how good I am and you are suck kinda of conversation to another player on basketball court and thats Kuroko no Basuke and I only did for that one anime.
EufieJan 16, 2017 4:00 PM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Jan 16, 2017 4:03 PM

Aug 2016
Speeding up would ruin the pacing of a show for me. I would only recommend doing that during the staring competitions in DBZ. If a show is so boring that it needs to be sped up, why not just drop?
Jan 16, 2017 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
This shouldn't be a thing honestly.
Jan 16, 2017 4:18 PM

Feb 2015
Cool ive never thought of speeding up anime. I think its a good solution
Jan 16, 2017 4:51 PM

Sep 2014
Is this for real

I don't believe that many people actually do something so retarded
i mean honestly, if anime is so boring for you that you need to speed it up, why even bother watching?

is this some epeen stuff loook omfg my 500 days of watched anime?
Jan 16, 2017 4:57 PM
Jul 2016
Allen750 said:
Gundam is a good series, but it's even better when I don't have to watch all the boring talking parts.

Assuming this isn't some kind of weird troll post, you remind me of one of my young cousins. I let him try out the RPG I was cobbling together, and he started skipping through ALL of the dialogue without reading a word. When I asked him what the heck he was doing, he said "I don't read during the summer."

I responded with something to the effect of "Give me back my laptop."

In answer to your question: No. Anime is not some kind of chore to me. I watch it because I enjoy it. Consequently, I feel no need to rush things along at any higher speed.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Jan 16, 2017 5:18 PM

May 2012
I've thought about it while watching some longer series with a lot of filler, but have never tried it. I doubt I'd be able to keep up with the subtitles.
I guess it's fine if that's how you enjoy watching anime as strange as it may seem to some people.
Jan 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Nov 2015
I don't know why anyone would do this, if its that boring just don't watch it, there's thousands of shows to watch why watch something you don't enjoy?
Jan 16, 2017 5:36 PM

Jun 2016
Wait, people actually do that? That seems like it would make the watching experience much worse.

Only pussies go up by 10 percent. go up 70 if you want to be a real man

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jan 16, 2017 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
hell no i dont do that. i like paying attention and making sure i read everything (subs) and never miss anything. if i were to speed up the anime im watching i feel like i would miss some stuff. and it ticks me off when people talk about anime like they know so much about it but they skip episodes or cheat like speeding through parts.
I am the definition of an otaku.
Jan 16, 2017 5:47 PM

Jul 2015
I watched Noir at 1.5 speed because it was really boring at times, but everyrhing else I watch at a normal speed.
Jan 16, 2017 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
Then thats mean you are not enjoying watching anime.So dont waste your life time watching anime.
Jan 16, 2017 7:35 PM
Apr 2016
Sometimes I'll watch anime at 0.9x (90%) speed. Especially during badass fight scenes that go by all too quickly. If I can enjoy that awesome lightning-speed mecha battle for 10% longer, then I'll slow it down and enjoy the visual feast. Speed up the chatter, slow down the action.

There's so much talking in anime & modern media now, that I and many others, find themselves spacing out until something actually exciting happens. Have you ever been in an anime club? Lots of people are doing other stuff while the projector is running; not everyone is watching the anime with their full attention.

The overall arc-plot is already there. That 10 minute scene where the characters talk and talk and talk and talk -- it's filler. Seriously, haven't you die-hard pacing fans ever noticed that during these long (and boring) talks that you're looking at still frames as the conversation goes by? ("Those still frames are related to the main themes and conversation at hand!" Yeah, well I'm still bored. Skiiip. With manga you can skim right thru it.)

The short, tension-filled conversations full of facial expressions and mood-setting music are the conversations that really matter.

Skim through "Save the Cat" by Blake Snyder and you'll understand the 120-page formula that structures most movies. Google Freytag's Pyramid. Once you've seen enough anime, you can see right through the director's intent. (Dramatic soundtrack for fight scene, sad music for sad scene... it's not rocket science here folks.)

I've been watching anime for a long time, but I also study how media is produced/directed/made (Shirobako is a fun example, as is Bakuman). I can take a nice long shit during Star Wars and come back later, knowing that the blah blah blah scene isn't anything worth my time. $20 IMAX ticket or not, I'd rather drop Obama off.

I thought this was MAL, not amateur hour. C'mon. Ain't ya'll seen The World God Only Knows? Keima be blazin' thru that shit. No need to go at 1x speed all the time.
Jan 16, 2017 7:39 PM
May 2015
nah, I only speed up anime if its gotten really bad/boring but im in too deep to dop it.

for instance i watched the last 5 or so eps of that trash heap Itazura na Kiss on 2x speed.

also watched some of Utawarerumono on 2x speed when it was reaching trash levels, but I went back to normal speeds near the end when the plot actually got moderately interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2017 8:00 PM

Jan 2008
Sounds like the kind of crap people who listen to nightcore would like doing.
Jan 16, 2017 8:03 PM

Jan 2013
So you don't actually like the anime and have to speed up the "boring parts". That's a bigger waste of time then watching the show normally.
Jan 17, 2017 5:27 AM

Nov 2016
No because I want to hear music and speech the way they were meant to be. Doesn't hurt to have fun with speed though.
Jan 17, 2017 5:33 AM

Apr 2014
Why would you? That is the actual question here.
Jan 17, 2017 5:46 AM

Feb 2015
anime have good parts and boring unnecessary parts that waste your time, time in which you could actually do something productive in your miserable lifes! it makes perfect sense to speed up just a portion of an episode!
Jan 17, 2017 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
DatRandomDude said:
I cringe everytime i read that someone actually speed up their anime to waste less time or skip ''boring parts'' that could be important to enjoy the anime more.

Essentially this. This is probably more dumb idea than watching dubs.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 17, 2017 6:41 AM

Dec 2014
i watched hxh chimera ants at 2.7x because it was so shit

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
Jan 17, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2015
If anime is so boring that you feel the need to speed it up in order to not waste time perhaps it's time to consider taking up a new hobby.
Jan 18, 2017 1:28 AM

Feb 2015
I finished Kara no Kyoukai series at 1.3x playback speed because it was so boring but I need to finish that shit (because they say 5 and 7 are good)
Jan 18, 2017 2:21 AM

Feb 2016
I would never watch at 110% or 105% because
1. i have the time to watch animes
2. I want to watch the entire thing and notice what they say.
3.i feel like watching at 100%(normal) i how creators meant it to be watched.

however i have sometimes watched it at 90% or rweatched a scene trying to understand something or learning new words
Jan 18, 2017 3:01 AM

Feb 2010
Joms said:
I finished Kara no Kyoukai series at 1.3x playback speed because it was so boring but I need to finish that shit (because they say 5 and 7 are good)

but people who recommend them probably base their calling them 'good' on the normal, 1.0x experience. If you decide to make them crappy from the start by speeding them up and ruining the dialogue, music, movement, almost everything basically, you might as well not watch them at all, so why force yourself? Or did you only speed up the other parts youw eren't interested in? Speeding up the parts you actually WANT to watch is just stupid imo. Even as a tool to skip parts you don't care for I'm not a fan, but that I can at least understand to some degree.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 18, 2017 3:09 AM

Jun 2014
Joms said:

I actually think you still need to actually watch the Kara no Kyoukai series because watching it at 1.3x playback speed is really retarded and you should feel ashamed.

@Pullman - Yeah, its extremely stupid. Anybody who does this doesn't even sound sane in my opinion. They force themselves to watch an anime they find boring, but don't evem watch it normally.. Horrible.
Jan 18, 2017 3:12 AM

Mar 2009
DatRandomDude said:
I cringe everytime i read that someone actually speed up their anime to waste less time or skip ''boring parts'' that could be important to enjoy the anime more.

I skip only when it's some band started playing a song or someone singing at a karaoke or something and the anime focuses on it, I do not like J-Pop/Rock (though some OPs and EDs might grow on me) and since the song itself don't play any crucial part to the story, I skip it.
For example, that band from Angel Beats, I was skipping it when the show was focusing on their songs.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jan 18, 2017 3:15 AM

Jun 2014
kodial said:
DatRandomDude said:

I skip only when it's some band started playing a song or someone singing at a karaoke or something and the anime focuses on it, I do not like J-Pop/Rock (though some OPs and EDs might grow on me) and since the song itself don't play any crucial part to the story, I skip it.
For example, that band from Angel Beats, I was skipping it when the show was focusing on their songs.

I still don't understand this and never will. If you didn't watch the entire show, you didn't "complete" the show. Though, its less retarded than using 1.3x speed, but still pretty stupid.
Jan 18, 2017 3:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If an anime is seemingly boring you enough to make you want to skip parts of it, you might as well just drop it entirely instead

Also sped up audio sounds horrible. I mean if it's just 10% it's probably not a huge deal but still
Jan 18, 2017 3:20 AM

Mar 2009
Kagami said:

I still don't understand this and never will. If you didn't watch the entire show, you didn't "complete" the show. Though, its less retarded than using 1.3x speed, but still pretty stupid.

I haven't missed anything of importance, just a dumb song playing. I did enjoy Angel Beats alot, despite skipping the songs. It's no different than skipping the OP and ED.
I love anime, I'm just not fond of japanese music so much.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jan 18, 2017 3:20 AM

Jun 2014
HaXXspetten said:
If an anime is seemingly boring you enough to make you want to skip parts of it, you might as well just drop it entirely instead

Also sped up audio sounds horrible. I mean if it's just 10% it's probably not a huge deal but still

They can't drop it. They gotta watch it at 1.3x speed and finish a show they hate as fast as they possibly can. Lmao.

@Kodial - You "loved" Angel Beats, but couldn't watch the entire show even though you loved it? I don't care what it was, I don't consider you an Angel Beats fan and this is coming from a huge one.
Jan 18, 2017 3:21 AM

Feb 2015
Pullman said:
Joms said:

but people who recommend them probably base their calling them 'good' on the normal, 1.0x experience. If you decide to make them crappy from the start by speeding them up and ruining the dialogue, music, movement, almost everything basically, you might as well not watch them at all, so why force yourself? Or did you only speed up the other parts youw eren't interested in? Speeding up the parts you actually WANT to watch is just stupid imo. Even as a tool to skip parts you don't care for I'm not a fan, but that I can at least understand to some degree.

@Kagami I started the series at normal speed, then after subsisting from the first installment I was going to delete the whole file, till I read some reviews that says 5 and 7 is better than others, so I gave it a shot again, and trying to expedite my suffering before reaching 5; I have increased the speed of idle things like dialogue till I get to a nice part but hell, there's no good part so that 1.3x remained till 5.

I've watched 5 at 1.0x at start, and gradually increasing upto 1.15x because it's still at least half as bad as the others, and don't try to tell me about 6 and 7 because I've forgotten it already, as bad memories are repressed in the unconscious.

So, do the increased playback ruined my experience? No, I gave it a shot at the normal speed, but ends up in discontent. Do I need to rewatch it? No, please, don't let me relive past horrors repressed in my unconscious, Freud-san.
Jan 18, 2017 3:22 AM

May 2014
OP says bullshit
Most people say OP said bullshit (but at the end nobody care about what OP does tbh).
Some agree tho.
OP gets butthurt and call people butthurts.

See you again in few months, MAL forums.
Jan 18, 2017 3:27 AM

Jun 2014
Joms said:
Pullman said:

@Kagami I started the series at normal speed, then after subsisting from the first installment I was going to delete the whole file, till I read some reviews that says 5 and 7 is better than others, so I gave it a shot again, and trying to expedite my suffering before reaching 5; I have increased the speed of idle things like dialogue till I get to a nice part but hell, there's no good part so that 1.3x remained till 5.

I've watched 5 at 1.0x at start, and gradually increasing upto 1.15x because it's still at least half as bad as the others, and don't try to tell me about 6 and 7 because I've forgotten it already, as bad memories are repressed in the unconscious.

So, do the increased playback ruined my experience? No, I gave it a shot at the normal speed, but ends up in discontent. Do I need to rewatch it? No, please, don't let me relive past horrors repressed in my unconscious, Freud-san.

Congratulations on living through a horror so bad and painful you had to speed it up just to say you finished it. Lmao, anime fans.
Jan 18, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2009
Kagami said:

@Kodial - You "loved" Angel Beats, but couldn't watch the entire show even though you loved it? I don't care what it was, I don't consider you an Angel Beats fan and this is coming from a huge one.

Oh I won't argue that. I am definitely NOT a fan of Angel Beats just because I enjoyed the show. It takes much more to consider yourself a part of a fandom than just liking something.
But skipping a couple songs that played during some episodes, didn't take anything at all away from my enjoying these series. And it is a fact that I did enjoy the series and rated it with a very honest 8 while my average rating right now is at 6.90. Now... what is your problem?
Jan 18, 2017 3:31 AM

Feb 2015
Kagami said:
Joms said:

Congratulations on living through a horror so bad and painful you had to speed it up just to say you finished it. Lmao, anime fans.

thanks. I just want to know what was the ruckus they are talking about, so I gave it a shot. My worst mistake though. I should have stopped watching that shit since the first installment
Jan 18, 2017 3:36 AM

Jun 2014
kodial said:
Kagami said:

Oh I won't argue that. I am definitely NOT a fan of Angel Beats just because I enjoyed the show. It takes much more to consider yourself a part of a fandom than just liking something.
But skipping a couple songs that played during some episodes, didn't take anything at all away from my enjoying these series. And it is a fact that I did enjoy the series and rated it with a very honest 8 while my average rating right now is at 6.90. Now... what is your problem?

My problem is anime fans who speed up anime and skip scenes to either finish a show faster/find scenes boring are just really bizarre. You guys do you, but I find the thought absolutely disgusting.

I am not dissing you as a person, I am just saying that doing that for any anime is really retarded and I don't understand it at all. Maybe I just like to watch anime and actually watch the entire anime and watch it normally. I have no problem with you, but I think I realized how so many people actually have a high number of completions here and forget about all the anime they have watched.

You're barely a problem. Though, at this point I will have to assume they skipped half of it or barely watched any of it. Things are just starting to make more sense.
Jan 18, 2017 3:41 AM
Jul 2018
I watch anime at 200% speed but wait! that is not the end of it, I watch two anime at the same time on two screens, while reading manga on my phone, drawing my own manga and writing a prose that is gonna revolutionize the literature world!!!!
Jan 18, 2017 3:41 AM

Mar 2009
Kagami said:
My problem is anime fans who speed up anime and skip scenes to either finish a show faster/find scenes boring are just really bizarre. You guys do you, but I find the thought absolutely disgusting.

I am not dissing you as a person, I am just saying that doing that for any anime is really retarded and I don't understand it at all. Maybe I just like to watch anime and actually watch the entire anime and watch it normally. I have no problem with you, but I think I realized how so many people actually have a high number of completions here and forget about all the anime they have watched.

You're barely a problem. Though, at this point I will have to assume they skipped half of it or barely watched any of it. Things are just starting to make more sense.

Well, to my defense, I never cared about finishing it faster, I just don't like japanese music and I don't want to have to endure it.
In fact, I would have liked it so much better if it was a ~25 episode series rather than 13.
I mean how much faster can you finish an anime if you just skip like 2 minutes worth of a song? That wasn't my objective at all.
Jan 18, 2017 3:49 AM

Jun 2014
kodial said:
Kagami said:

Well, to my defense, I never cared about finishing it faster, I just don't like japanese music and I don't want to have to endure it.
In fact, I would have liked it so much better if it was a ~25 episode series rather than 13.
I mean how much faster can you finish an anime if you just skip like 2 minutes worth of a song? That wasn't my objective at all.

Yeah, but with Angel Beats important stuff happened during the songs or at least two of them. Like, it showed more than them singing.
Jan 18, 2017 3:50 AM

Mar 2009
Kagami said:
Yeah, but with Angel Beats important stuff happened during the songs or at least two of them. Like, it showed more than them singing.

That's why I specifically said when the show was FOCUSING on the songs. Don't worry, I didn't miss anything from the plot.
Jan 18, 2017 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
I watched SAO at 2x speed and it was still boring
Jan 18, 2017 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
For some older anime's i speed them up little bit if i have the option, of course depending on what anime. Sometimes they feel that they go slowly so its nice to speed it up by little bit.
Jan 18, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
I mean... If you have extra time in your life and want to spent it on watching a show you don't care for at faster space go for it. You do you. Might be fun after couple beers.

But nah never done that, only skipped transformation scene in some mahou shoujo show and op/ed when binge watching.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 7 hours ago

26 by alshu »»
4 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

93 by Ratris_Decision »»
22 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
28 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

972 by Animekiralover »»
32 minutes ago

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

24 by QPR »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.