Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 16, 2017 7:51 AM

May 2014
Cause taste is pretty subjective, I don't read many reviews.
I'd rather watch it and make my own opinion, cause I probably won't agree with other people who reviewed it.
Jan 16, 2017 8:39 AM

Mar 2008
I rarely read reviews. Don't feel i need to know the opinion of others.
Just do that when the person gives a very different rate of mine, in this case i feel interested.
Jan 16, 2017 11:47 AM

Jan 2012
What's the point of doing "objective" reviews nowadays?
If a person wants to watch a recent anime, it can easily go on a website, watch and have an opinion of it own, what is a lot better than read some "review" made by a stranger.
Reviews are useless, unless they are directed to the creator of the product you are reviewing.

Plus, most of the reviews here are made by haters, trolls and dumb critics.
Jan 16, 2017 11:56 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I don't know I usually compare the 4 grades of the most popular reviews kinda like some critic watching or magazine, like the videogame Game Dev Tycoon.

Jan 16, 2017 12:14 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Creatiwiti said:
_Ako_ said:
so saying reviews are "useless" is a narrow-minded thinking OP.....

I didn't say that though. :3
And I'm fine with people not caring about reviews too. I was just wondering WHY reviews have so little attention compared to a few years ago.

Fall of reviews popularity begun when MAL changed voting system. I remember that with helpful/not helpful way of voting new reviews were getting at least 20-30 votes (even if it wasn't about new anime) and because ranking was based on % ratio it could get to top4 and gain even more popularity. After introduction of helpful-only rating system I can imagine many people loosing faith in getting through to top4 because older reviews can have up to couple of thousands upvotes. That's where I lost interest as well and I pretty much stopped reading them at all. Occasionaly I just scroll through new reviews section to see them getting even less upvotes.
Jan 16, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
I care about reviews. Reviews are a great way for a viewer to express their thoughts and bring it to others. If you don't agree, that's fine, if you do, yay, good for you. A good review allows you to tell whether you would agree or not, even without having seen the show.

Well, either way, whether you care about them or not doesn't matter. There are people who care about them, and there are people who like writing them, so they won't stop existing. If you don't need them, don't read them, but they can give a good insight on whether or not you'll like the show, even if they are bad.
Jan 16, 2017 12:40 PM

Jul 2015
When you can write reviews when only 3 episodes in, it shows how meaningless their substance can be.
Jan 16, 2017 12:46 PM

Aug 2014
Peco said:
When you can write reviews when only 3 episodes in, it shows how meaningless their substance can be.

Those are previews. MAL removes them after the show has fully aired
Jan 16, 2017 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
Just the first random show from my recent updates ... https://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest
The top review with the most recognition -> 10/24 episodes & 137 word count.

No. It doesn't.
Jan 16, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2015
Barnald said:
Creatiwiti said:

I didn't say that though. :3
And I'm fine with people not caring about reviews too. I was just wondering WHY reviews have so little attention compared to a few years ago.

Fall of reviews popularity begun when MAL changed voting system. I remember that with helpful/not helpful way of voting new reviews were getting at least 20-30 votes (even if it wasn't about new anime) and because ranking was based on % ratio it could get to top4 and gain even more popularity. After introduction of helpful-only rating system I can imagine many people loosing faith in getting through to top4 because older reviews can have up to couple of thousands upvotes. That's where I lost interest as well and I pretty much stopped reading them at all. Occasionaly I just scroll through new reviews section to see them getting even less upvotes.

What, that's the fall of review section? If you ask me that's the rise of it. Ppl have always that and this, see the Suggestion Forum why it is the way it is now.

And if you ask me, I think removing the "not helpful" stuff just makes the "helpful" more genuine...
Jan 16, 2017 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
As far as MAL reviews are concerned they are bad mostly because of the sheer number of people posting them. With pretty much the biggest user base among anime and manga social sites, the number of reviewers and reviews is greater as well. Other sites like A-P and AniDB have less members, and thus less reviewers, and while their review regulations are as lax as they are on MAL, I think that despite the large amount of crappy reviews MAL has, that also means that some shows which we don't get any input on other sites, might actually get reviews here.

And since I mentioned other sites, might as well spit over the fence and say that, despite people claiming that the reviews and reviewers on other sites might be better, the reviewer cliques on other sites are actually established circlejerks of relatively few people, with a mostly pre-established mindset and even discrimination, with the reviews often resembling more producer roster listing and comparison to other works, than actual reviews.

Personally, I'm the type of person that finds reviews somewhat helpful reads both before wathcing/reading something, and afterwards, to complement my own opinion, other perspectives etc. What probably annoys me the most is when I see things like reviews based on things like childhood nostalgia, or something that the reviewer has seen well over 10 years ago. I'd rather read someone's laughably naive opinion, or even a "Hey guys, this is my first review" preface, than something that is essentially filling in blanks, and working with partial memory. It's almost frustrating to see how some reviews are almost complete fabrications, compared to what the shows really are. Even going as far and reviewing things they have seen in dub languages like Arabic, Finnish, Greek, French and so on.

It's one thing to remember fondly of your childhood and having watched Robotech while playing with your toy cars or dolls, but don't write a Macross review based on those experiences, hoping to be relevant.

Jan 16, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2013
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but they should just STOP letting people review an anime before completion. Once the anime is marked as completed, then it should be open for reviews. I feel the same way as far as ratings go. This shouldn't be applied to manga or other mediums however, due to long hiatuses, longer series, etc. Animes are generally always completed and are much shorter so I don't see why they let people rate/review after 2 episodes.

I do not know how difficult it would be to implement on MAL's side as far as their website or development goes, so maybe I am just ignorant to how it can possibly work.
Jan 16, 2017 1:38 PM

May 2015
kamisaka said:
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but they should just STOP letting people review an anime before completion. Once the anime is marked as completed, then it should be open for reviews. I feel the same way as far as ratings go. This shouldn't be applied to manga or other mediums however, due to long hiatuses, longer series, etc. Animes are generally always completed and are much shorter so I don't see why they let people rate/review after 2 episodes.

I do not know how difficult it would be to implement on MAL's side as far as their website or development goes, so maybe I am just ignorant to how it can possibly work.
The usual counter argument to that is: What about long running series that have 50+ episodes? Some series like One piece wouldn't receive a review for years.

Btw I agree with you but just saying what I've seen the mods/users answer in similar threads in the suggestions forum.
zalJan 16, 2017 1:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2010
I sometimes read reviews just to see what people have said about a certain anime but other than that I don't really care as much xD. I usually just watch the anime if I've read the manga/light novel of a certain show or if it's a genre I like.

Jan 16, 2017 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
zal said:
The usual counter argument to that is: What about long running series that have 50+ episodes? They wouldn't receive a review for years.

Btw I agree with you but just saying what I've seen the mods/users answer in similar threads in the suggestions forum.

Oh shoot, I totally forgot about those =/ Can't believe it slipped my mind lol. I don't follow many long series, but that's completely reasonable too.

Then to counter that, it's probably been mentioned before, but how about opening up reviews after 12 episodes or implement a waiting period of 3 months after the inital air date? This way, reviews and ratings would probably be more refined even if we are talking about 24 or 52 or whatever episode series. Not trying to argue with you, but I was hoping you know a bit more about this and don't mind to share? Haven't been frequenting the forums much.
Jan 16, 2017 1:48 PM

Feb 2015
Actually, I find ratings more useful than reviews because they show what the majority of the community thinks thus making higher rated shows more likely to be to your liking.

And reviews are just one man's opinion.
Jan 16, 2017 2:03 PM

May 2015
kamisaka said:
zal said:
The usual counter argument to that is: What about long running series that have 50+ episodes? They wouldn't receive a review for years.

Oh shoot, I totally forgot about those =/ Can't believe it slipped my mind lol. I don't follow many long series, but that's completely reasonable too.

Then to counter that, it's probably been mentioned before, but how about opening up reviews after 12 episodes or implement a waiting period of 3 months after the inital air date? This way, reviews and ratings would probably be more refined even if we are talking about 24 or 52 or whatever episode series. Not trying to argue with you, but I was hoping you know a bit more about this and don't mind to share? Haven't been frequenting the forums much.
I don't think the staff really cares also they generate traffic so for MAL they are kinda good.

That said though reviews made while the show is airing are deleted when the show ends airing. It takes a while for the mods to delete them and another while for them to actually disappear from the review section but they are indeed going to be removed most of the time. And that's a reason why a lot of reviews have less helpful upvotes than they should, those upvotes go to reviews that are going to be deleted.I think most users that upvote immediately after a show ends never check the reviews for that anime again.
zalJan 16, 2017 2:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2017 2:15 PM

May 2014
I'm fine with reviews if it's on a critical standpoint.
Jan 16, 2017 2:23 PM

Oct 2009
What people mainly use reviews for is to find one that they already agree with to confirm their own opinions. I still enjoy the process of writing one though even if it feels like shouting into the void.
Jan 16, 2017 2:38 PM

Nov 2015
I don't read them

1) They're long
2) I don't care

Jan 16, 2017 2:39 PM

Dec 2016
I see reviews just as personal exercises of self-comprehension. As the way for reviewers to understand the reasons that made them like/dislike, approve/disapprove what they just saw, and in the process, materialise or record their own thoughts and impressions.

For the rest of the people they serve as only guides, and one must never condition the decision of watching or not on them, specially those where the score given is a 1 or a 10, because in like 99% of the cases, they are going to be 100% biased.
Jan 16, 2017 3:06 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I like hearing other people's opinions on shows and what they like/dislike about it but you are right, I personally don't really care about reviews. Mostly because I personally feel that no one knows what they're talking about most of the time.

Many reviews I read are either gibberish or contradictory. I feel like you had to have years of anime watching experience to know what you're talking about when it comes to critiquing a complex show for example. I dismiss alot of them given that most reviews I see are people with either 10-100 days of watching.

There's like maybe 5 people on this site that I actually follow their reviews tbh.
Jan 16, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
The removal of the "Not helpful" button was the final nail on the review coffin. MAL might well just remove reviews.

#BringBackNotHelpfulButton
Jan 16, 2017 4:18 PM

Jan 2015
Most reviews have the same analytical and literary quality as sonic fanfiction so no, most people don't care.
Jan 16, 2017 4:20 PM

Feb 2015
I only read them if theyre straight to the point with no unnecessary bs in it
Jan 16, 2017 7:27 PM

Oct 2014
I read the top 3 reviews before watching a anime. Coz I care bout the reviews than the overall "ranked" of a anime. Some anime are awful despite having a huge score, so review is still important and I do care.

For example,

has a very high score but poor reviews.

or

low ranked compare to Erased but positive reviews.
Jan 17, 2017 2:16 AM

Oct 2015
i didnt read any reviews after monster . i learned that people reviews are 90% useless.
Jan 17, 2017 3:02 AM

May 2016
Sometimes I read them sometimes I don't it depends on the mood and the time I have, some reviews are so long nobody even care about.
Jan 17, 2017 5:15 AM

Jan 2016
Creatiwiti said:
Just a few years ago reviews on MAL got a LOT more attention, which showed in the amount of helpfuls they got.
Now it seems like even popular anime reviews don't get any attention at all anymore. Has the community given up on them? And do you guys even read reviews anymore?

They delete reviews of shows that are posted an episode after the series starts.
Jan 17, 2017 5:43 AM

Feb 2016
I only read reviews if I have a hard time choosing whether or not to watch that anime. But that rarely ever happens.

"The other day I met this man, a nice guy, y'know?
And we had a really good chat. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest.
Does that make me a bad person?"

Jan 17, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2015
Yeh, I don't care about reviews. I rather watch the anime myself to see whether I like it or not.
Jan 17, 2017 6:57 AM
Jan 2017
The issue lies in the campy nature of reviewers. Reviewers typically fall into at least one of two categories. There are the morons that believe that a show they liked is a 10/10 best thing since sliced bread, all voices of dissent are haters that watched it wrong. There are the morons that believe that critical flaws within a production, that they cannot personally stand , make the production a 1/10 shittiest thing since shittard online, everyone that likes this show is a retard. Each of these camps will typically only have value to people who share their opinion and are looking for a similar voice. These reviews also serve to create and fuel echo chambers for viewers that belong to these camps, where all that they will ever talk about are the achievements or flaws in a production. Moderate analytical thought is discarded.
Another issue is the lack of truly great reviews and reviewers. A primary function of a review is to potentially save someone their time if it isn't something that would interest them. If a potential viewer has to spend half an hour finding somebody that has an intelligent review, then they might as well just start the show and see if the first episode is good enough to hold their interest. This ties into the point that many other people have been making on the thread. The lack of a 'not helpful' button to help differentiate quality reviews and burying new reviews has made it harder to find quality.
Culturally, reviewers have been lazy in that their goal seems to be very rarely related to finding the objective truth concerning the quality of a production. Instead, we are left with their subjective views which are formulated in absence of critical thought. In part, this is the reason why there is a fundamental disconnect with the value of reviews. 'I might as well just watch it instead of reading a review, because a review is just someone's opinion' is a surprisingly common sentiment.
Jan 17, 2017 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
I skim through the review page of a show I'm about to watch just to get an idea if it's worth or not :)

It's rare that I read an entire review, but it happens o.
Jan 17, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

How can people listen to a 40-minute review, but not read 10 paragraphs?

i have no idea.... cause i don't...

and i usually skim the shit out of rants here and MAL and say tl;dr

tl;dr is the way of the lazy and the wasting life.

Zapredon said:

With all due respect, nobody care about internet argument. In the end of the day, whether it's review or discussion, people will still stick to their own opinion.

Actually, I've been to many interesting arguments on the internet. Just because a lot of morons use it doesn't mean you can't find the intelligenstia there.

Rei366 said:
@TheBrainintheJar Because they prefer raw unstructured bar talk over well exposed arguments in a structured form. (it probably comes down to not wanting to feel like an idiot by reading a good text)

About reviews/critics, some people might be interested in this: in one of his novels preface, Maupassant (a famous novelist) ponders on what critics should do and what they often actually end up doing. I know it is "old" (especially for a crowd who tends to see anything above 5years old in a young art as old/dated) but it still has weight today (especially here).

What's weird is that reading 10 paragraphs takes way less time, yet provides more content.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jan 17, 2017 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
Only reason why to read reviews is to find out whether other people have same feeling about the show as you do. Assuming you care and watched at least some of it.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 17, 2017 10:36 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@TheBrainintheJar

people be writin entire chapters when they made threads here and most of the time its just mindless ranting, or at least thats how much of it comes off...

so in the great words of Sweet Brown..

"AIN' NOBODY GOT TIME FAH DAT"
Jan 17, 2017 10:39 AM

Nov 2016
Its up to you, you want to care or not. That is opinion and one brain has one opinion too, and its subjective. Ex : for ecchi anime, people who like ecchi anime, will say the anime is good, but who don't like ecchi, they will say it bad. Just see the reason why people say it good or bad, so I know why people says its good, or its bad.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 17, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
I stopped reading reviews after "not helpfull" button being removed :D
The main reason i stopped reading reviews is because the re is no meaning in this anymore.
1) I cant see the negative votes on a review and a review cant have only positive ones.
2) Everybody follow the same pattern on reviewing as the original first and best reviewers like stark for example.
3) Spoils: the majority of people spoil a lot especially when they re hating a show.
my opinion is that when you choose to hate something on a review you try to express the reasons why they do and not spoil the whole show using caps lock.

These are my opinions and reasons on why reviews are getting less and less attention.
Jan 17, 2017 10:55 AM

Apr 2016
I'm sorry but I would be surprised if someone cared about reviews after I saw many based on just the first episode of an anime. I giggled. How can you appreciate tons of writing after you know this person judges a whole series only on the first 20 minutes of it? The moment you see the reviewer tells the anime deserves 10 having watched only the beginning, it's inevitable to slowly start ignoring them.
Jan 17, 2017 10:56 AM

May 2015
Perfect12 said:
I'm sorry but I would be surprised if someone cared about reviews after I saw many based on just the first episode of an anime. I giggled. How can you appreciate tons of writing after you know this person judges a whole series only on the first 20 minutes of it? The moment you see the reviewer tells the anime deserves 10 having watched only the beginning, it's inevitable to slowly start ignoring them.
Review based only on the first episode get deleted quite soon.

Mr_Cherry said:
The main reason i stopped reading reviews is because the re is no meaning in this anymore.
1) I cant see the negative votes on a review and a review cant have only positive ones.
2) Everybody follow the same pattern on reviewing as the original first and best reviewers like stark for example.
3) Spoils: the majority of people spoil a lot especially when they re hating a show.
my opinion is that when you choose to hate something on a review you try to express the reasons why they do and not spoil the whole show using caps lock.

These are my opinions and reasons on why reviews are getting less and less attention.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1400487&show=0#post21

The unhelpful bottom is mostly redundant, the biggest fanbase (haters or fanboys) prevail anyway, sometimes good reviews prevail too.
zalJan 17, 2017 11:00 AM
Jan 17, 2017 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
zal said:
Perfect12 said:
Review based only on the first episode get deleted quite soon.

Mr_Cherry said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1400487&show=0#post21

The unhelpful bottom is mostly redundant, the biggest fanbase (haters or fanboys) prevail anyway, sometimes good reviews prevail too.

Its easilly understood then, that community and reviews cant co-exist they way they once did.
MAL had good days when it was not known at everyone.
Jan 17, 2017 3:00 PM

Apr 2015
I kinda care about reviews, simply because it is a nice way to see an alternate thought process on the same series.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jan 17, 2017 3:15 PM

Dec 2016
InsaneLeader13 said:
I kinda care about reviews, simply because it is a nice way to see an alternate thought process on the same series.

Hope Demo does some reviews again...or anything. :/
Jan 17, 2017 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
Is the decline of review readers real, or just perception? Maybe a lot of the up-voters of days past weren't actually readers, but fans engaged in an up-voting/down-voting war that has since cooled off.

nry said:
For the rest of the people they serve as only guides, and one must never condition the decision of watching or not on them, specially those where the score given is a 1 or a 10, because in like 99% of the cases, they are going to be 100% biased.
Why not? Reviews contain a lot more information that just a score. What's wrong with factoring that information into a decision to watch a show or not?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 17, 2017 3:54 PM

Dec 2016
Josh said:
Is the decline of review readers real, or just perception? Maybe a lot of the up-voters of days past weren't actually readers, but fans engaged in an up-voting/down-voting war that has since cooled off.

nry said:
Why not? Reviews contain a lot more information that just a score. What's wrong with factoring that information into a decision to watch a show or not?

I mean reviews one must only see them as guides, as orientation, not determinants of your final decision.

All I'm saying is that one must not automatically decide "I'll watch this show" just because the review, in general terms, claimed "the show is great", and the same goes if it claimed "the show was crap"; you should not automatically dismiss it.
Jan 17, 2017 8:15 PM

Aug 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:

Zapredon said:

With all due respect, nobody care about internet argument. In the end of the day, whether it's review or discussion, people will still stick to their own opinion.

Actually, I've been to many interesting arguments on the internet. Just because a lot of morons use it doesn't mean you can't find the intelligenstia there.

Intelligence or not is not the issues here. Not that internet argument about cartoon prove anyone intelligence anyway. It's about whether people will care or the opinion of other will change their mind. A Tatami Galaxy, SAO,Re:Zero fans etc will still think their favorite anime is the best regardless of what negative criticism directed towards their favorite anime. Same applies for people who doesn't like those anime.

Nobody or most people don't care about review simply because in the end, they will stick to their opinion. If I read a negative review before I watch anime, then I watch that anime and found it great,of course I will still think it's good even though it receives negative reviews. I myself prefer 3 episodes rule rather than review before decided to watch anime until the end. Netizen might not want to believe it but truth is,internet argument or review weight and matter little.
ZapredonJan 17, 2017 9:12 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 17, 2017 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
Immediately after watching a series, I usually read both high / low score review to understand the things that people general like / dislike on particular series.

Since my ok-ish average score are 7 currently (I need to drop it down to 4), so I just need extra info either to put specific anime into 6, 7 , 8. I rarely read review before watching specific anime though.

Only part I feel weird about many reviews are, they put quite high objective score (character, world, story etc) but then bring down the score to 1 without giving reason why their subjective score bring the score down so low (not that I cared anyway)
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Jan 17, 2017 8:39 PM
Apr 2015
9s and 10s are usually just fanboys telling how much they love jerking off to their fav shows, while 1s and 2s are usually triggered people throwing tantrums. These don't actually contain relevant information

On the other hand 3s thru 8s are more legitimate reviews discussing about what's good and bad, and their experiences as well, people should read those

I know that people are still reading reviews (cuz one of mine's still getting upvoted on a daily basis)
Jan 17, 2017 9:10 PM
Feb 2014
Tentology said:
9s and 10s are usually just fanboys telling how much they love jerking off to their fav shows, while 1s and 2s are usually triggered people throwing tantrums. These don't actually contain relevant information

On the other hand 3s thru 8s are more legitimate reviews discussing about what's good and bad, and their experiences as well, people should read those

I know that people are still reading reviews (cuz one of mine's still getting upvoted on a daily basis)

Agreed, for the most part. Not all 9/10 reviews are fanboys though. There are some users who do frequently write reviews with fleshed out arguments and interesting insights, and I keep watch of their reviews when checking out an anime. If they give a 9/10, I know I want to take a look at the anime.

In general, I also read reviews right after finishing an anime to sort out my thoughts, and why I did like or disliked an Anime. I have very little inkling about the technical details associated with the quality of Anime, and tend to really only rate my Anime based primarily on my Enjoyment while watching as opposed to the actual technical aspects of the Anime. So, reading reviews helps me sort out logically why I did or did not like something.

The opposite also happens where I dislike an Anime but can't really put into words why. Reading reviews helps me find the words to diss them :|

On the other hand, I also read reviews before watching any show that's already aired. It's difficult to tell how good a show is based on the synopsis and ranking in MAL alone and Reviews tend to be a bit more honest, imo. It also helps determine how polarising a show was. Look at Kono Suba's reviews, and you'll find alternating 8-9 good reviews and 4-5 bad reviews all around. For those, reading reviews are kinda important for me because the arguments of whichever side I agree with more decides whether I'll watch the anime.

Also, Reviews can also give a good insight on the feel of the show that rankings, scores and synopsis' obviously can't. That also helps tremendously since some synopsis are really misleading.

Finally, some Reviewers go the extra mile and add in really interesting tidbits of info (this guy, for example, Archaeon) or write hilarious stuff's that's just pure fun to read.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 18, 2017 1:10 AM

May 2015
Zapredon said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Intelligence or not is not the issues here. Not that internet argument about cartoon prove anyone intelligence anyway. It's about whether people will care or the opinion of other will change their mind. A Tatami Galaxy, SAO,Re:Zero fans etc will still think their favorite anime is the best regardless of what negative criticism directed towards their favorite anime. Same applies for people who doesn't like those anime.

Nobody or most people don't care about review simply because in the end, they will stick to their opinion. If I read a negative review before I watch anime, then I watch that anime and found it great,of course I will still think it's good even though it receives negative reviews. I myself prefer 3 episodes rule rather than review before decided to watch anime until the end. Netizen might not want to believe it but truth is,internet argument or review weight and matter little.

The fact you think these discussions are only about whether Tatami Galaxy is good or not shows how you miss the point.

Art and entertainment aren't isolated things but connected to everything else. When we talk about anime, we talk about art, about the themes present in the anime and what they mean. It can also be just practicing the art of dialectic discource.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 6 hours ago

10 by Serafos »»
57 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

20 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 4 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
9 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 3 hours ago

17 by tchitchouan »»
10 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

36 by funtime43_tr »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.