Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 12, 2017 10:52 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A recap of Chaos Head's central theme, the generation of madness murders, Takumi and the patent to use technology to manipulate and control human senses and will.

More true to the VN than madhouse's version without telling the whole story.
7/10 decent segway into chaos;child.
ichii_1Jan 12, 2017 10:58 AM
Jan 12, 2017 2:56 PM
Nov 2016
I am very confused as to why, if it has its page and has obviously aired (since I've seen it) that I can't update it to my list? It keeps saying "No approved anime found".

Also, leagues beyond the original Chaos;Head adaptation.
Jan 12, 2017 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
I watched C;H in December but I can't remember well: was this recap different from the original series? I feel like some events (like some deaths) didn't happen of happened in a different way. Is this recap more related to the VN?

Pretty good animation, after seing the original 2008 version (one of the ugliest anime I've ever seen) this is a relief
Jan 12, 2017 11:23 PM

Dec 2014
I was more interested in this recap than I was in the actual adaptation.
Jan 13, 2017 4:19 AM

Oct 2010
10/10 from me. Cool recap with the most good part and without those boring ones.
Jan 13, 2017 7:45 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't watched Chaos;Head and according to ANN at least, I don't really have to. This Chaos;Head recap was confusing. But the important thing out of it was that there were some unexplained murders going on and the culprit was that loser looking dude. The loser is probably going to be irrelevant from now on I guess. I did like how Sliver Link. made that part look like it was done by a completely different studio.
Jan 13, 2017 8:42 AM

May 2010
Damn it, can't find a sub version.. only found raw version :/ (i don't really remember chaos;head, this episode should be useful to me)
Jan 13, 2017 9:25 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
@Z_Tetriminos it has been a while since I've seen but from what I can remember the deaths seem the same but don't quote me on it.

And man if the original was ugliest anime you have ever seen don't watch anything from like the 99-04 period. I think Elfen Lied takes the cake in both terrible character design and awful animation. I remember ChäoS;HEAd being kind of meh in both departments?
Jan 13, 2017 10:18 AM

Mar 2015
it has been years since i have watched the anime so good thing they aired that. it covered most the main points of the story but i feel they should have also included the earthquake thing too cause i seriously don't remember anything except that there was some organization that used delusions to cause destruction but were stopped by takumi and co. but i don't remember a lot of the details so a recap for that too could have been helpful. also, i know that the anime was very rushed cause they stuffed a 40 hour VN in a 12 episode anime (i didn't play the VN so i don't know how sever the rushing was) but i don't remember some of the scenes shown in the recap, is that true?
Jan 13, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2015
KamiChi said:
Damn it, can't find a sub version.. only found raw version :/ (i don't really remember chaos;head, this episode should be useful to me)

i don't want to look like i'm supporting illegal streaming websites (though i watch on them. major contradiction, i know) but i just watched it on 9anime as a part of episode 1 of chaos;child so you could watch it there
Jan 13, 2017 1:32 PM

May 2010
Modo942000 said:
KamiChi said:

i don't want to look like i'm supporting illegal streaming websites (though i watch on them. major contradiction, i know) but i just watched it on 9anime as a part of episode 1 of chaos;child so you could watch it there

Nice, thanks! One day i'll pay for anime but that's not today (at least i buy bluray of anime i really like)
Jan 13, 2017 1:37 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
KamiChi said:
Modo942000 said:

Nice, thanks! One day i'll pay for anime but that's not today (at least i buy bluray of anime i really like)
It was the same with Horriblesubs' upload of it so I reckon on Crunchyroll it should be the same as well. It's basically a 45-ish minute video containing both episodes 0 and 1 back-to-back
Jan 13, 2017 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
This didn't make much sense even watching Chaos;Head years ago, it was so mediocre I forgot almost everything about it. The problems with these recaps is there are no meaningful character interactions nor conversation so It's impossible for me to get into.
Jan 13, 2017 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
JadelynnOpal said:
I am very confused as to why, if it has its page and has obviously aired (since I've seen it) that I can't update it to my list? It keeps saying "No approved anime found".

Same problem here =0= /
Those any one knows why?

Z_Tetriminos said:
I watched C;H in December but I can't remember well: was this recap different from the original series? I feel like some events (like some deaths) didn't happen of happened in a different way. Is this recap more related to the VN?

@Z_Tetriminos, I haven't play the VN, but this is probably like with the OVA that introduce Steins;Gate Cero. They move the story up to the last important point and take a diferent route to avoid the "good end" and have more story to tell from that point onward... Occultic;Nine has that exact same feeling at the end.
My candies:
Jan 14, 2017 9:27 AM

Mar 2015
KamiChi said:
Modo942000 said:

i want to do that but sadly, no blurays are sold in my country and even if i tried ordering them online, they'll be very expensive as my country's economy has been going to shit recently making it impossible to buy anything from foreign countries
Jan 14, 2017 9:58 PM

Oct 2010
NoHeart said:
JadelynnOpal said:

Same problem here =0= /
Those any one knows why?

Just the admins/mods/whoever approves anime are slow as shit. It took forever for that episode 23β of Steins;Gate to get a page approved.
Jan 15, 2017 3:02 AM

May 2010
Modo942000 said:
KamiChi said:

i want to do that but sadly, no blurays are sold in my country and even if i tried ordering them online, they'll be very expensive as my country's economy has been going to shit recently making it impossible to buy anything from foreign countries

Yeah not cool.. in my country, fate/zero season 1 and 2 bluray 80€... a bit too much, it's not even a special edition, when it's like that, i wait for a promotion.

I watched the "recap" of chaos;head, it was meh. Not sure if i'll watch chaos;child, maybe some episodes
Jan 15, 2017 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
KamiChi said:
Modo942000 said:

Yeah not cool.. in my country, fate/zero season 1 and 2 bluray 80€... a bit too much, it's not even a special edition, when it's like that, i wait for a promotion.

I watched the "recap" of chaos;head, it was meh. Not sure if i'll watch chaos;child, maybe some episodes

the recap was there just to refresh your memory about chaos;head. first episode of chaos;child was not that bad but it had some "what the fuck is going on?" moments too
Jan 15, 2017 7:38 AM

May 2010
Well i don't find the recap good. I'm still a little lost about the story of chaos;head. i'll see with chaos;child if it get better^^
Jan 15, 2017 11:26 AM

Dec 2012
The episode 0 was a perfect recap of Chaos;head with better animation and only the important moments. The story that takes place looks like the "bad ending", at least not the same that in the anime.
It was good to see before the first episode.
Jan 16, 2017 4:33 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a quickly recap, but very intense!!! ;)
Jan 16, 2017 7:16 PM

Jun 2008
Z_Tetriminos said:

Pretty good animation, after seing the original 2008 version (one of the ugliest anime I've ever seen) this is a relief

There were definitely some differences. I remember the 2008 anime didn't have the scene with his sister's hand being mailed in a box and that was one of my favorite parts in the VN.
Jan 16, 2017 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
The_Sum_of_Zero said:

Just the admins/mods/whoever approves anime are slow as shit. It took forever for that episode 23β of Steins;Gate to get a page approved.

Oh! I see. Thanks for the answer.
My candies:
Jan 16, 2017 10:40 PM
Oct 2013
Sakaitsu said:
The story that takes place looks like the "bad ending", at least not the same that in the anime.

This recap rearranges events due to time constraints (such as the earthquake apparently occurring at the very end) but it is supposed to be the true ending of the VN just like the anime adaptation.
Jan 17, 2017 12:20 AM
Oct 2013
I really like this recap. Solid and improved art. Events that I've forgotten came back.
Jan 17, 2017 12:50 AM

Dec 2014
well that was a good recap of it all...but can someone explain to me what happened it in the end...with the shogun and the MC and all
Jan 17, 2017 2:40 AM

Oct 2012
hirahira said:
Z_Tetriminos said:

There were definitely some differences. I remember the 2008 anime didn't have the scene with his sister's hand being mailed in a box and that was one of my favorite parts in the VN.

Yep, actually she didn't even lost her arm in the anime adaptation, guess they thought it'd be a bit gore having her showing her lost blood in the arm all of the time, if only that was the only thing that made the anime adaptation so bad though...

ibraheem234 said:
well that was a good recap of it all...but can someone explain to me what happened it in the end...with the shogun and the MC and all

Jan 17, 2017 4:28 AM

Dec 2015
This recap is better than the anime. It clearly followed the VN more.
Jan 17, 2017 7:55 AM

Oct 2010
ATTENTION!!
This recap is not really a recap. They changed the story and his sister didnt died, was part of the 7 black knights with D-swords. In the end they beat the culprits, not was a end like it was in the recap. Is a different chaos;head but is still good. Chaos;Child wants to be more like realistic with crimes like those in chaos;head and without D-swords and delusions and more. Anyway, you have to watch chaos;head if you didnt or dont remember. In MAL is so underrated but is so good.
Jan 17, 2017 9:12 AM

May 2016
Even better than the original. It has more things adapted from the VN, that the anime doesn't have, like

I would be hyped if they make a remake of the original series. The original was... meh (not bad for itself, but bad adaptation)... although the VN is great.
Jan 17, 2017 6:37 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome recap of Chaso head. Saw things from the VN
Jan 17, 2017 10:45 PM

Mar 2008
Hearing originals anime song by Itou Kanako made me let few tears. No matter how much people didnt like original series (i personally liked it) its OST was amazing, one of the best i ever heard. :')
DeadhouseJan 17, 2017 10:49 PM
Jan 18, 2017 6:53 AM

Jul 2016
Just impressed with the recap's art and voice acting development than the prequel's. For parts of the recap's story which is different from the prequel's, I find it good with main points taken, I'm not a vn reader of the main series, though I think its not advisable to start with this recap without the watching or having the knowledge of the main series chaos;head then went straight to the sequel chaos;child, imo.
Jan 19, 2017 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
Nice clean up. It took me back.
Jan 19, 2017 9:24 AM

Mar 2009
Really was no need to make a seperate entry for this. It was part of episode 1 of the main series.
Jan 21, 2017 5:40 PM

Nov 2015
To be honest I prefer the anime's story ( ChäoS;Head )
Like what the hell? Why did they have to kill Nanami in this Recap ?
And 3 main characters didn't appear in the Recap ( Kozu-pii , Kishimoto Ayase and the megane blondie )
At the beginning I gave it 10/10
But when I realized that there won't be any sequels for Chäo;Head in ChäoS;Child , I got really depressed
This recap as a story it's horrible but great !
Note : Momoshi ( Momo chan ) from ChäoS;Head is also one of ChäoS;Child's Supporting Characters
but the best thing is that there won't be any D-Swords which I really disliked in ChäoS;Head
HikarieChanJan 21, 2017 5:44 PM
Jan 21, 2017 5:42 PM

Nov 2015
Deadhouse said:
Hearing originals anime song by Itou Kanako made me let few tears. No matter how much people didnt like original series (i personally liked it) its OST was amazing, one of the best i ever heard. :')
I like it too ✋ no no I love it
Jan 21, 2017 9:14 PM

Apr 2009
ichii_1 said:
More true to the VN than madhouse's version without telling the whole story.
This. So much.

In the C;H madhouse anime, they

I could not forgive that kind of change. A bit of justice was done here by showing bits of important stuff that were outright changed in the anime. A more faithful remake would be better, but that will never happen.
Jan 22, 2017 5:48 AM

May 2013
How the hell is one of the main cast dead in a recap lol.
Nanami was a megalomaniac too. Oh wait this is actually one of the other routes in which everyone managed to destroy the machine but end up dead while the perps run.
DarkwindJRJan 22, 2017 6:33 AM
Jan 22, 2017 7:30 PM

Feb 2013
This "recap" reminded me that I don't remember most of Chaos;Head.
I figure this works better as setup for the new series than a recap of the old one. (things I recall were not in this at all)
Jan 25, 2017 12:06 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, after playing the game I can truly say this was nothing but (VERY) rushed recap of the novel. It can't stand on its own, it was made for the fans of the game to make them remember key things but it tells you nothing about what actually happened and what the story was about.

They ditched all the dilusions, characterization and explanation, cherry-picked and put together scenes from different chapters and what's left are just bare facts that tells you nothing about how the world actually works, it just roughly tells you what kinda happened in the past.

Many characters were missing, many key elements (Noah, Nozomi, Di-Swords, Dyrac Sea, Glajioul, blind spot etc.) and they even make it seems that Nanami was the victim of sixth killing, the girl who ate her hand - which she wasn't.

Mind the fact that Chaos;Child is a true sequel of Chaos;Head even when characters are different. The story, the reason why the things keeps happening and the mechanics will be mostly the same. The logic of the world will be applied there sooner or later and I doubt they'll explain everything.

At least it was nice touch that they shown in the end that small Takeru is one of the survivors of the earthquake and that he is obsessed by the very same phrase as Takumi from prequel.

tl;dr - you should definitely watch the previous anime series play the game if you don't want to get lost in Chaos;Child. It's not that long (about 30 hours on casual), it's great at that and it would get you the background needed to fully comprehend what's actually going on in C;C. Otherwise, it's like watching the second Matrix without seeing the first one (where the most things were explained).
Jan 28, 2017 11:56 AM

Sep 2015
Watched Chaos head the anime before this and they're are differences everywhere. To me this seems like they quickly covered a different route instead to set up the story instead of a different route.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jan 29, 2017 4:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I cannot agree that this recap was better than the first anime adaption. Sure the anime adaptation made some bizarre skips compared to VN but at the end it still had the essence of the series and all the important points mostly covered within the time constraint that was given.

This recap makes ABSOLUTELY no sense unless you have played the VN or watched the first anime adaptation. If you thought first anime adaptation was rushed, this recap is a total joke.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 10, 2017 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks for reminding me how horrible this show was. I guess I'm quite a naive person to think that Chaos,Child will be any better..
Feb 17, 2017 6:43 PM

May 2008
This recap was better than the entirety of Chaos;Head. o.o
Mar 3, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2009
I don't remember Chaos Head, coz yeah, it was bad...
Apr 5, 2017 10:08 PM

Jul 2016
10/10 The dub is amazing!
Dubbed anime is the best because you can wank without reading ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 26, 2017 8:01 AM

May 2012
Well even for a recap this was rather bad, I totally forgot about Chaos;Head and this recap didn't help me bring any memories back... so well I guess I'll just have to see what this sequel has to offer.
May 14, 2017 9:26 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm still as confusing as I remember it.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 11, 2017 8:55 PM

Jul 2013
How the hell does this not have a wayyyy higher rating? People are idiots.

If you played the original Chaos;Head VN, this recap was practically a love note. People are missing its point. It covers many things completely missing from the anime series that were in the VN. Its animation is far far closer to the VN. The music is taken straight from the VN. And then it also shows all 7 murders.

What's not to like? Again, people are idiots.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.