Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2017 5:04 PM

Apr 2008
peppy_tea said:
Could anyone recommend me something for #36 (Watch an anime with more people in "Plan to Watch" than "Completed"?

Red Garden
Gilgamesh
Kurau Phantom Memory
Himitsu the Revelation
Jan 13, 2017 5:05 PM

May 2009
peppy_tea said:
Could anyone recommend me something for #36 (Watch an anime with more people in "Plan to Watch" than "Completed"?

dunno if this is to your liking https://myanimelist.net/anime/32607/Giarlish_Number/stats
try checking anime that aired last year
Jan 13, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2013
peppy_tea said:

I watched Ling Qi for that challenge, was pretty good, not as bad as I expected.
I had to get used to the chinese dub especially the first few episodes but it grew on me.
Jan 13, 2017 5:13 PM

Nov 2016
Oh Ling Qi sounds good ))))))))))))
Jan 13, 2017 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
Two items:

First, insert standard "I got Challenge #59" request here.

Second would be a bit more involved with "Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know" giving me a bit of trouble. So if anyone has any pointers as to a main staff member where I haven't seen any of their work to date, then I'd be glad to accept the recommendation.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2017 5:32 PM

Jan 2017
@AnnaSartin please don't double post, just edit your last reply
Jan 13, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2008
OffColfax said:
Two items:

First, insert standard "I got Challenge #59" request here.

Second would be a bit more involved with "Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know" giving me a bit of trouble. So if anyone has any pointers as to a main staff member where I haven't seen any of their work to date, then I'd be glad to accept the recommendation.

I found one by looking for first-time directors - Mirai Minato. To find more try searching for "directorial debut" in anime news.

For 59, Macross F.
PlateJan 13, 2017 5:38 PM
Jan 13, 2017 5:41 PM
Nov 2015
So, about #62:

62. Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed

Is there a way to search this in a simpler way than scrolling the lists trying to find a non-reviewed anime?

Thanks!
Jan 13, 2017 5:58 PM

Oct 2012
Plate said:

I found one by looking for first-time directors - Mirai Minato. To find more try searching for "directorial debut" in anime news.

For 59, Macross F.

That's a good tip. I don't know why I didn't think of that right off the bat, but it probably involves a massive headache.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2017 6:09 PM

Jan 2013
GNozaki said:
So, about #62:

62. Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed

Is there a way to search this in a simpler way than scrolling the lists trying to find a non-reviewed anime?

Thanks!

Not really.
Easiest way is to find some "Ova" or "Special" that's related to a not too popular anime, those mostly dont have reviews.
Otherwise try to find an anime title that's not that popular, maybe less than 10k members (which you can search for) and hope that those arent reviewed.
Jan 13, 2017 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
Can someone recommend me an anime with a genre of Supernatural, Thriller, Mystery, something like that. It's for the challenge, Thanks to anyone who will respond :))
Jan 13, 2017 6:38 PM

Dec 2015
37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page - state the username and their initial post number

I really just don't understand it
Jan 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Jan 2013
Makuro said:
Can someone recommend me an anime with a genre of Supernatural, Thriller, Mystery, something like that. It's for the challenge, Thanks to anyone who will respond :))

Shinsekai yori
Really exciting and mysterious anime.

Fran said:
37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page - state the username and their initial post number

Go to the page when you signed up.
For me it's page 7 I believe.

Then check for a random person on the same page that has rated an anime a 9 or 10.
Watch that anime.
PrOxAntoJan 13, 2017 6:44 PM
Jan 13, 2017 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
PrOxAnto said:
Makuro said:

Shinsekai yori
Really exciting and mysterious anime.

Fran said:

Go to the page when you signed up.
For me it's page 7 I believe.

Then check for a random person on the same page that has rated an anime a 9 or 10.
Watch that anime.

tyty
randomshitihavetoputbecauseihavetoput30characters
Jan 13, 2017 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
Help.

41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human

&

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Recommendations pleaseeeeeee
Jan 13, 2017 7:21 PM

Oct 2014
darkwiikep said:
Help.

&

Recommendations pleaseeeeeee

For 59, based on your profile... You like Space Brothers. You have god taste. I recommend you to watch Level E, only 13 episodes and ironic as hell.

Would you please recommend one for me? I'm doing #59 too ^-^
Jan 13, 2017 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
What are the best Chinese and Korean animes? Give me some suggestions, please!

Jan 13, 2017 7:36 PM
Jan 2017
AWC_mod said:
-- From post #985 #984 to #1302
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep the numbered list
[list=1]

@Hapmatic @Madots @Miragee @Talon184 @Catsyk @Gravange @rainingseasons

Please keep your Initial Post Number
@FinalFlash18 @Davincie

Please fix your Initial Post Number and keep the numbered list
@solembumm @NilolaX3 @Kirrino

Please keep your Initial Post Number and the numbered list
@TeiiyahDee @LeonerreFT

@jecama seems you copied the turn-in form and added the challenge list.... well please add the Initial Post Number

@EtherealShe-Wolf seems you are numbering the items wrongly. For example, your list : <2>. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender <--- that one is #38

@eduardo_arnhold please fix your Initial Post Number... and you posted twice, are you doing the challenge 2 times? or was that a mistake?

@Gluzin please do write the item you are trying. For example :
1. [Started: 06/01/2017] [Finished: 06/01/2017] 1 : Shitcom
to
1. [Started: 06/01/2017] [Finished: 06/01/2017] 1. Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA : Shitcom
(you can even change the dates if its the same day to Started/Finished: 06/01/2017)

@garuzero please keep the items number

please fix your Initial Post Number, also remember to keep the end tags for both the spoiler and list
[/list][/spoiler]

@ali_tabaja @Light_Uchiha @Starry_Pirate

@ali_tabaja also noticed you posted twice, are you doing the challenge 2 times? or was that a mistake?
same for @Glitter-chan @alli_marin30

@isaquesousanunes please fix your numbered list

@Nenime22 please keep the initial post number and use the format provided for the challenge list

djddueces said:
Okay, can someone explain how I do this because I am still so lost looking at this thread....

this is the thread for questions, not that one. Are you going to use that post for your challenge?

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean :(
Jan 13, 2017 8:05 PM
Sep 2016
Hi guys i need a recomendation for those points:

14. Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959
28. Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game
71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color
darknees79Jan 13, 2017 8:25 PM
Jan 13, 2017 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
@jecama
You copied an extra form into your sign up, and in the top right corner there should be an initial post number which you can reference from the people above and below you. (Basically mark what your post is would be the major fix you could also delete the link to your sign up form that is on your sign-up form but that's not really required.)
Jan 13, 2017 8:50 PM
Jan 2017
GamerDLM said:
@jecama
You copied an extra form into your sign up, and in the top right corner there should be an initial post number which you can reference from the people above and below you. (Basically mark what your post is would be the major fix you could also delete the link to your sign up form that is on your sign-up form but that's not really required.)

So the person above me is 1002, I would be 1003? Even if the person below is 1005?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=1000#post1002
Jan 13, 2017 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
jecama said:
GamerDLM said:
@jecama

So the person above me is 1002, I would be 1003? Even if the person below is 1005?

To be honest I actually don't know, pretty much the whole page for the section you happen to be in is messed up when comparing it to the page prior. If we started going strictly by counting order you would be at 1005 which would put 3 people with that particular number.
GamerDLMJan 13, 2017 9:08 PM
Jan 13, 2017 9:04 PM

Sep 2009
Looking for a recommendation for this, if anyone could suggest me one please.

Jan 13, 2017 9:08 PM

Mar 2015
Darknees797 said:
Hi guys i need a recomendation for those points:

14. Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959
28. Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game
71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color

14. Ahiru no Otegara (1931)
28. Rewrite
41. Natsume Yuujinchou
59. Ergo Proxy
71. Code Geass

juungi said:
Looking for a recommendation for this, if anyone could suggest me one please.

Mononoke
Jan 13, 2017 9:20 PM
Jan 2017
GamerDLM said:
jecama said:

To be honest I actually don't know, pretty much the whole page for the section you happen to be in is messed up when comparing it to the page prior. If we started going strictly by counting order you would be at 1005 which would put 3 people with that particular number.

Damn it's such a mess haha. I'll see if I can get one of the moderators to tell me how to fix it, and thanks, I think I get what I'm missing now!!
Jan 13, 2017 9:44 PM
Jul 2015
So....does anybody have a recommendation for me?
Jan 13, 2017 11:01 PM

Jul 2016
Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed" - check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started

I'm very confused by this. How do you know if there are more "Plan-to-watch" than "Completed"? i can't find it.

74. Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile - any listed in your profile. If it changes there you have to change it here too; state your favorite anime

This too. Can anybody clarify?

Lastly, can anybody recommend an anime for this challenge?
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth
Jan 13, 2017 11:13 PM

May 2013
PrimeRevenir said:
Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed" - check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started

I'm very confused by this. How do you know if there are more "Plan-to-watch" than "Completed"? i can't find it.

Go to the Stats tab on any of the anime database pages. It will say how many users have the anime on his/her list and in what category (e.g. Completed or Plan to Watch). Example. In this case, Completed > Plan to Watch, so it would not work for this item.

PrimeRevenir said:

74. Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile - any listed in your profile. If it changes there you have to change it here too; state your favorite anime

This too. Can anybody clarify?

Pick a favorite anime from your profile (you only at this time have Noragami Aragoto listed) and then go to the Recommendations tab. Watch any of those anime listed there. Example.

PrimeRevenir said:

Lastly, can anybody recommend an anime for this challenge?
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Ristorante Paradiso takes place in Italy and Baccano! takes place in the United States, both of which are listed in your Plan to Watch.
chronochromataJan 13, 2017 11:17 PM

"I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity." -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes
Jan 14, 2017 1:03 AM

Oct 2014
To follow up on the preview thing, if a preview is made but it was too early and therefore got deleted does it still count for the recently reviewed challenge?
Jan 14, 2017 1:04 AM

Apr 2008
Could someone recommend me an anime for challenge #59?
Jan 14, 2017 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
Let's see I have a habit of checking first episode only and abandoning the series completely after it. But can I use that series(example Occultic;Nine) that I've seen the first episode as it's initially aired for challenge? Even though what I watch is only the first episode?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 14, 2017 1:47 AM
Sep 2016
@Conde_Mohr brilliant work with the spreadsheet. I actually made my own before I saw your's, and I must say, yours is very well done almost to the point of OCD. I mean that as a compliment, of course.

Some questions I'd like to ask:
- I've noticed that you've protected the auto generated parts of the workbook. Would it be possible for you to explain how everything works? I presume it's some combination of formulas and VBA (but it's not macro enabled), which is hidden by the settings.
- How did you add all the bingo cards into the sheet? I hope you didn't manually transcribe them all!
- How is your FORUM POST table formatted? Highlighting the first cell, then Ctrl+Shift+Down results in an odd selection of 5Rx6C.

There's more, but those are the main ones. Basically, I'd appreciate the chance to have a look at the inner workings of your document for myself. My own sheets just used a lot of formulas with a VBA script for the forum post generation. Also, not nearly as well laid out. I'd considered making a C# .NET app to manage it, but your document more than suffices.

Again, a job well done.
Jan 14, 2017 2:05 AM

Apr 2013
Ar-Pharazon said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/20031/D-Frag?q=d-frag
Jan 14, 2017 2:09 AM

Jan 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Let's see I have a habit of checking first episode only and abandoning the series completely after it. But can I use that series(example Occultic;Nine) that I've seen the first episode as it's initially aired for challenge? Even though what I watch is only the first episode?

I have the same habit and I won't do it. ^^
Maybe we can try another challenge with anime we didn't finish. xD
Jan 14, 2017 2:14 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Quick question, item Nr 33 specifically refers to a "completed" anime with a score of 8.0 or above.
Does this just mean that the show has to have finished airing? Or am I supposed to rewatch an Anime I completed that is rated 8.0 or higher?
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jan 14, 2017 2:17 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
NeoAnkara said:

You mean you started the show last year, right?
You are only allowed to use it for the challenge, if you started watching in 2017, so you can only use it if you rewatch the first episode as well and set the starting date to 2017.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jan 14, 2017 2:39 AM

Sep 2012
@AWC_mod

Can I use Gangsta. for Challenge no.42 : Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - (no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality)?
blazerx46Jan 14, 2017 6:11 AM
Jan 14, 2017 2:44 AM

Dec 2015
Need a recommendation for #40(Watch an anime with at least one child as MC) and #59(Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread).
Thanks in advance!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2017 3:01 AM

Sep 2012
silge said:
I need some help/recommendations with following challenges:

43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field

Barakamon (Calligrapher), as you already have it in your PTW list.
Jan 14, 2017 3:12 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Impossible said:
@Conde_Mohr brilliant work with the spreadsheet. I actually made my own before I saw your's, and I must say, yours is very well done almost to the point of OCD. I mean that as a compliment, of course.

Thanks! I made this as a personal file, with only the first two sheets (which were almost the same as they are now), but it was honestly well made, so I showed it to the mods and completed it to the point that you see now.

Impossible said:
Some questions I'd like to ask:
- I've noticed that you've protected the auto generated parts of the workbook. Would it be possible for you to explain how everything works? I presume it's some combination of formulas and VBA (but it's not macro enabled), which is hidden by the settings.

I can give you the password via PM, but you'll be honestly disappointed. I don't know anything about macros or Visual Basic whatsoever (my programming skills are limited to some really basic C#, C++, and Matlab). I've only used macros once, and it was a pain to give permissions and all only for the document to open always in the same page (it had way too many sheets and I needed a menu). Even if that would have made my life easier, learning VBA and making people have to give special permissions if they wanted to use it is not worth it.

tl;dr It's only formulas.

Impossible said:
How did you add all the bingo cards into the sheet? I hope you didn't manually transcribe them all!

The only format available for the Bingo Cards is (was) as an image, so I had to do that. Fortunately, MRC_mod helped me with that, but we typed 270 7x7 matrix in only two days (yeah, pretty hardcore). It was the first thing I said in the FAQ, because it's important to check if there is any mistake. I would be surprised if that wasn't the case.

Impossible said:
How is your FORUM POST table formatted? Highlighting the first cell, then Ctrl+Shift+Down results in an odd selection of 5Rx6C.

You... don't want to know that haha. Up to the Challenge List, it's more or less ok, but to list the anime for each challenge was much more challenging. Imagine the least efficient way to do it: that's the way it's made. Again, I'll give you the password via PM so that you can take a look, but please don't bang your head on the wall too much. It's bad for your health.

Jan 14, 2017 3:14 AM
Mar 2016
Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more

For this one, I want to use the Durarara x2 series, but since I've already seen the first season in late 2016, would I be able to use it? I'm not planning on rewatching the first season. I'm feeling a little lost with these requirements, so I would be grateful for help!

and, also, Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?
If anyone's willing I would be extremely grateful.
casual reminder that there’s a hunger in your soul no pleasure of the flesh can satisfy
Jan 14, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2014
SilverEnigma said:
[b] Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

I'm going to recommend Arslan for you. The art is by the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist and the story is similar to Yona of the Dawn.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki

As for the other challenge, the episodes need to be in one entry. Try this one:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/957/Saiunkoku_Monogatari
AnnaSartinJan 14, 2017 3:33 AM
Jan 14, 2017 3:31 AM

Jul 2015
Uwah, can someone give me a recommendation for challenge #59? Would be better if it's less than 24 episodes or not more than 24 episodes. Any genres are acceptable as long as it isn't ecchi, harem, yuri and/or shoujo ai.

I will truly appreciate the help! THANK YOU~!

Please send deliveries here.
All resources belong to their respective owners.
Set by: Nate
Jan 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Dec 2014
Reirany said:
Uwah, can someone give me a recommendation for challenge #59? Would be better if it's less than 24 episodes.

I will truly appreciate the help! THANK YOU~!

If you liked Natsume Yuujinchou you might like this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32696/Fukigen_na_Mononokean
Jan 14, 2017 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
So I watched Overlord and wonder if it's appropriate for
#41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human
Con: looks like a human skeleton
Pro: definitely not a human skeleton

Can somebody help me with a tiebreak?
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ćƒ¾(ą¹‘ā› ā–æ ā— ą¹‘ )
Jan 14, 2017 3:45 AM
Mar 2016
AnnaSartin said:
SilverEnigma said:
[b] Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

I'm going to recommend Arslan for you. The art is by the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist and the story is similar to Yona of the Dawn.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki

As for the other challenge, the episodes need to be in one entry. Try this one:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/957/Saiunkoku_Monogatari

Thank you so much! Both of these look really good and I will definitely be checking these out <3
casual reminder that there’s a hunger in your soul no pleasure of the flesh can satisfy
Jan 14, 2017 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
Potatonana said:
Need a recommendation for #40(Watch an anime with at least one child as MC) and #59(Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread).
Thanks in advance!

#40 https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi or https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon
But I definitely recommend Barakamon instead because it's hilarious.
#59 https://myanimelist.net/anime/21405/Bokura_wa_Minna_Kawaisou
If you liked Sakurasou, you might like Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou.

You're welcome!
ReiranyJan 14, 2017 3:54 AM

Please send deliveries here.
All resources belong to their respective owners.
Set by: Nate
Jan 14, 2017 4:00 AM

Dec 2015
Reirany said:
Potatonana said:
Thanks in advance!

#40 https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi or https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon
But I definitely recommend Barakamon instead because it's hilarious.
#59 https://myanimelist.net/anime/21405/Bokura_wa_Minna_Kawaisou
If you liked Sakurasou, you might like Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou.

Well I was considering watching Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou for another challenge, and am watching Barakamon for another challenge. Thanks for the help!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2017 4:10 AM

Apr 2008
Elmm said:
Ar-Pharazon said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/20031/D-Frag?q=d-frag

Thanks a lot!
I didn't consider to watch this show two years ago. I'am curious to see what it worth.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

56 by Morphun »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 11 hours ago

39 by Morphun »»
5 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

17 by rohan121 »»
10 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

33 by PostMahouShoujo »»
13 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 1 hour ago

7 by Luchipher-Zen »»
22 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.