Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2017 9:16 AM

May 2016
PrOxAnto said:
YogaFire69 said:
34. Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601 - placed in popularity as #601 or more (601, 602, 603 and so on); state the rank it had when you finished

This has me confused. Do I watch anime that is ranked higher than 601 (like 400 or 500) or do i watch anime that is lower than 600 (601, 602, 700)

Above meaning 602, 603 etc.
It's got a few people confused on it.

You mean nearer to 700 and stuff? i am still kinda confused.
Jan 13, 2017 9:18 AM

Jan 2013
YogaFire69 said:
PrOxAnto said:

Above meaning 602, 603 etc.
It's got a few people confused on it.

Lmao yes, upwards to 5000 for example.
Otherwise the other challenge asking for a show with a score of 8.0 or better would be exactly the same as 8.0 scores start around rank 600 and below aswell.
Jan 13, 2017 9:23 AM

May 2016
PrOxAnto said:
YogaFire69 said:

Lmao yes, upwards to 5000 for example.
Otherwise the other challenge asking for a show with a score of 8.0 or better would be exactly the same as 8.0 scores start around rank 600 and below aswell.

That makes sense. Tho i'm not surprised ppl got confused. Thnx
Jan 13, 2017 9:35 AM

Oct 2008
Hi guys, I have some questions about these tags:

21. Watch an anime broadcast on a weekend - Friday count as "weekend" day? / If in broadcasting there's "unknown" but there's the starting airing date, may I check a calendar and see which day it was (so if it was during a weekend or not)?
62. Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed - If I start an anime for this tag and someone reviews it while I'm watching it, do I need to change the item or it's ok to keep it?
71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color - if mc are more than one, all of them need a non-natural hair color or it's ok if it's only one of them? Exemple: Madoka Magica has 5 mc with black, blonde, red, pink and blue hairs, so 3 are natural and 2 no, it's ok or non-natural hair mc must be more than the natural ones?
13. Watch an anime which began airing the same year you joined MAL - so unless last year challenge, it doesn't care the season in which you joined MAL, right?
68. Watch an anime with a number in it's title - Does the "2nd Season" count as "number in the title"? Exemple: Fate/Zero 2nd Season (as reported on MAL), Zero doesn't count because it's in letter, but what about "2nd"?

Aaand I need some rec and help with this two tags:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - if possible something around 12/13 eps, slice of life (like Amaama to Inazuma or Shonen Maid :3)
30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga - I watched only Tanaka-kun itsumo kedaruge, so everything it's ok!

Thank you so much and sorry for the silly questions! >.<
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Jan 13, 2017 10:06 AM

Jun 2009
coolangelsthesis said:
Hey friends! I am looking for a few recommendations:

1. (16) Watch an anime that began airing between 1980 and 1989. I've seen all the Ghibli/Miyazaki stuff from then, and Akira. Looking for a good movie or a series less than 30 eps.

2. (45) Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres. Some of my fave genres are Iyashikei, Fantasy, Mystery, Slice of Life, Psychological, and Supernatural. Some of my least fave genres are Mecha, Military, and Harem.

3. (59) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. Stuff I've already seen is here if y'all wanna check it out.

Thanks in advance! I'm happy to give recs tailored to people's preferences/challenge topics in exchange~

1. Vampire Hunter D

2. Escaflowne seems like the obvious choice; Fantasy and Mecha.

3. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Jan 13, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2016
Lady_Nera said:
Hi guys, I have some questions about these tags:

21. Watch an anime broadcast on a weekend - Friday count as "weekend" day? / If in broadcasting there's "unknown" but there's the starting airing date, may I check a calendar and see which day it was (so if it was during a weekend or not)?
62. Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed - If I start an anime for this tag and someone reviews it while I'm watching it, do I need to change the item or it's ok to keep it?
71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color - if mc are more than one, all of them need a non-natural hair color or it's ok if it's only one of them? Exemple: Madoka Magica has 5 mc with black, blonde, red, pink and blue hairs, so 3 are natural and 2 no, it's ok or non-natural hair mc must be more than the natural ones?
13. Watch an anime which began airing the same year you joined MAL - so unless last year challenge, it doesn't care the season in which you joined MAL, right?
68. Watch an anime with a number in it's title - Does the "2nd Season" count as "number in the title"? Exemple: Fate/Zero 2nd Season (as reported on MAL), Zero doesn't count because it's in letter, but what about "2nd"?

Aaand I need some rec and help with this two tags:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - if possible something around 12/13 eps, slice of life (like Amaama to Inazuma or Shonen Maid :3)
30. Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga - I watched only Tanaka-kun itsumo kedaruge, so everything it's ok!

Thank you so much and sorry for the silly questions! >.<
Question 1. Friday is most definitely not a "weekend" day. It is a weekday, i go to college and then work on fridays, what kind of weekend is that O.O
Now about the Unknown fact, I would say no you shouldnt do that, the biggest reason being it would be a pain for the Mods when they do checks on the challenge turn in's but to be sure you should check with @SheyCroix or @AWC_mod

Question 2. To my understanding as along as you start it before the review is posted then there shouldnt be a problem(dont use an airing anime, that would be cheating/not a challenge)

Question 3. As long as 1 main character has unnatrual hair color then you should be fine, but remember: black, brown, blonde, red, white and gray are considered Natural hair colors according to the challenge description.

Question 4. Any anime that aired and ended in the year you joined would count, for you that would be 2008, for me that would be 2016.

Question 5. Fate/Zero 2nd season would count.

Question 6. i recommend https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE

Question 7. https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE and https://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100 are both Web Mangas
SojinJan 13, 2017 10:17 AM
Jan 13, 2017 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
Need a recommendation because of
#59: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

I like more shoujo genre things, so please for something good.
Jan 13, 2017 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
orzeszka said:

i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31953/New_Game
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17895/Golden_Time
Jan 13, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
orzeszka said:

Kimi ni Todoke is my favorite shoujo series, so if you're not already using it for another category (as I see it in your PTW), I'd say go with that. Nodame Cantabile and Nana are also favorites of mine, although they're more on the mature (josei) side of things.
Jan 13, 2017 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
orzeszka said:

This one! Yona is VERY good!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25013
Jan 13, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
Alright, I joined the challenge and I need to complete my choices for challenge. Here's a link to my sign in post (initial #1404)

as you can guess I first come for the completion of 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

But I am also missing the Free choice challenge, though I am Interested in challenges:
72. Watch an anime that you can finish in one day (I like short episodes)
52. Watch an anime tagged as Fantasy, Sci-Fi and/or Supernatural
31. Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher

Last thing I would like a recommandation for is quite easy, it's 22. Watch an anime with 11 episodes or more .

You can pick any title from my 10 km long plan to watch list, just make sure it isn't already in my challenge list (initial #1404)

Thank you very much for any contribution!

Edit: for the recs, I am usually fine with slice of life shows, but also drama. You can check all favorites on my graph.anime+ page.
LeytewJan 13, 2017 11:05 AM

All the encounters are special, no matter how short they are.
Jan 13, 2017 11:13 AM

Jun 2013
Sojin said:
orzeszka said:

i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31953/New_Game
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17895/Golden_Time

Thank you! I will watch one of these.
Jan 13, 2017 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
Leytew said:
Alright, I joined the challenge and I need to complete my choices for challenge. Here's a link to my sign in post (initial #1404)

as you can guess I first come for the completion of 59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

But I am also missing the Free choice challenge, though I am Interested in challenges:

Last thing I would like a recommandation for is quite easy, it's 22. Watch an anime with 11 episodes or more .

You can pick any title from my 10 km long plan to watch list, just make sure it isn't already in my challenge list (initial #1404)

Edit: for the recs, I am usually fine with slice of life shows, but also drama. You can check all favorites on my graph.anime+ page.

I looked at your lists and i recommend you to watch Shiki for 52 https://myanimelist.net/anime/7724/Shiki :)
and https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu for 59
Jan 13, 2017 11:17 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Leytew said:

You don't need any rec for the Challenge 22, just slap anything that you watch and doesn't fit in any other challenge.

For the rec, if you like SoL you should definitely check Aria the Animation out. For some reason, you have only the 3rd season in your PtW.

If you like your dramas, you can also try ef: A Tale of Memories. It's a romance/drama that follows two different stories with characters in the same school.

teacu said:
Need a rec for #59 please! Would appreciate it if you looked at my Favs and if it isn't over 25 episodes and NOT shojo, harem, ecchi, yuri, shounen ai etc. Thanks

You seem to like sports anime, so you should definitely try Ping Pong the Animation
Conde_MohrJan 13, 2017 11:31 AM

Jan 13, 2017 11:22 AM

Oct 2015
Need a rec for #59 please! Would appreciate it if you looked at my Favs and if it isn't over 25 episodes and NOT shojo, harem, ecchi, yuri, shounen ai etc. Thanks
Jan 13, 2017 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
teacu said:

I recommend Mushishi -
It's really quite a relaxing anime.
Jan 13, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
Black_wind said:

I looked at your lists and i recommend you to watch Shiki for 52 https://myanimelist.net/anime/7724/Shiki :)
and https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu for 59

Conde_Mohr said:

You don't need any rec for the Challenge 22, just slap anything that you watch and doesn't fit in any other challenge.

For the rec, if you like SoL you should definitely check Aria the Animation out. For some reason, you have only the 3rd season in your PtW.

If you like your dramas, you can also try ef: A Tale of Memories. It's a romance/drama that follows two different stories with characters in the same school.

Thanks both of you !

Edit: misuse of /quote

All the encounters are special, no matter how short they are.
Jan 13, 2017 12:38 PM

Jan 2017
Bowie said:
For #41 Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human, would the MC from the series Gokicha, count?
[Btw, she's a cockroach girl who looks like a roach from up close and afar.]

... probably not. In the ONA (unless my memory is failing me) she appears more in the human form than in the cockroach. And the human form doesn't really has any traits humans don't have since that which resembles the cockroach form is her hair.

Lady_Nera said:

Weekday = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Weekend = Saturday, Sunday
If it says "Unknown" you can't use it... but you are free to submit for an edit of that for any anime (so it's included/changed).
Jan 13, 2017 12:58 PM

Dec 2014
Hobbi_Lao said:
rec me a magical girl romance pls

A magical girl romance? Sailor Moon Crystal, of course!
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14751
Jan 13, 2017 1:03 PM

Jul 2012
AWC_mod said:

... probably not. In the ONA (unless my memory is failing me) she appears more in the human form than in the cockroach. And the human form doesn't really has any traits humans don't have since that which resembles the cockroach form is her hair.

This is surprising to me. Through the whole anime she's 2 inches tall (doesn't seem very human to me), and she has antennae.... while we're ok with other series were a MC just has kemomimi or horns and the rest looks human.

I think you either go very loose on the restrictions or extremely tight. Tight would be more of a "challenge", force people to watch Chi's sweet home and stuff like that instead of any number of shows where girls are pretty much human looking minus horns, a tail, 2nd pair of ears, etc.
Jan 13, 2017 1:20 PM

Jan 2015
Is it ok to use currently airing anime to use for challenge 36 (Watch an anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed") ?
If not, can somebody recommend me one?
Jan 13, 2017 1:31 PM

Oct 2014
AWC_mod said:
Bowie said:
For #41 Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human, would the MC from the series Gokicha, count?
[Btw, she's a cockroach girl who looks like a roach from up close and afar.]

If we're going to be that strict we might as well have it be another club oriented challenge. Chi's Sweet Home, Hamtaro, Shirokuma Cafe, Happy Happy Clover, Jewelpet franchise (half the cast are jewelpets which are definitely animal-like in appearance), Ringing Bell, Pokemon (again about half the cast), and Daisy: A Hen into the Wild would be some examples of this rare type of anime. There aren't too many of these at all.

Now, since it just says "a main character" it would mean that magical girl anime (Madoka, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, ect.), Nanatsu no Taizai, Tamako Market, and other anime with "pet" characters would also count. If we're less strict on the definition then anime like Squid Girl, Spice and Wolf, Acchi Kocchi, Angel Beats!, and Wolf Children would also count.

silge said:
Is it ok to use currently airing anime to use for challenge 36 (Watch an anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed") ?
You are technically allowed, but just remember that it's its stats when you complete it that matter. Anime that finished recently such as Flip Flappers, Stella no Mahou, Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru (3x as much, in fact), and Fune wo Amu will easily count for this. You could also try "elitist" anime (anime with high scores that not many have seen) such as Tatami Galaxy, LoGH, Hyouge Mono, Aria The Animation, and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
zombie_pegasusJan 13, 2017 1:37 PM
Jan 13, 2017 1:35 PM

Sep 2014
SheyCroix said:

Miragee said:
And what is the benefit of people not having the same challenge sheet? Especially when that was already true for all those that didn't do the hard challenge in the past couple of years.

And it's way more complicated. In the last 2 years I just had to copy the list from the start post and that was it. Now I had to read half an hour to get up to date with all the new stuff. Then the need to use different sites to even set-up the whole thing and not being able to just copy-paste the list, because the randomiser cuts out some of the challenges, adds a ton of time that is being wasted. On top of that, now you have to safe screenshots for certain challenges etc. All for a challenge where people can basically cheat without any chance to check on it anyways.

My point is that it's nice that people want to put in more effort but this is bloated and just amounts in more work for everyone without really adding anything to the experience. The old system was just fine.

The benefit of people not having the same challenge sheet is making it more fun. Now, even those that go for Emperor won't necessarily have the same challenge list. Plus this add for variety since last year some practically just copied and pasted others listed anime.

It is more complicated. That's the basic idea of a challenge. We can't really give you everything ready to do in a silver plate. If you are taking on a challenge it's with the idea that you will have some work to do. I don't get why you keep complaining if you are still trying to do it. Also yes, there's lot to read before participating, that's to try and have less people making the same mistakes over and over and over for who knows how many hundreds of times. So it definitely isn't time wasted FOR US. And yes, now you have to screenshot even if it's something that can be cheated, since for some that's a relief that they won't have to worry about fixing something later on when they finish with the challenge.

I have read several people, as you, complaining that this makes the challenge less fun or something. But I think it actually adds to the experience and gives a real challenge that it's intended to be worked on almost for a year. Now, I'm not saying that people shouldn't voice their concerns. Since as someone said if no one complains we will never know if there's something wrong or not. But, you know, when there are some that says "this chez is hard, I'm not doing it" when it's evident they haven't even tried... well I guess I should keep my answer to that for myself.

I thought the challenge was about watching anime and not about fiddling with my starting post. See, my point is that the start is way more time-consuming. After that it's basically the same. So the only thing that got more "challenging" is to even start the challenge to begin with. The actual challenge - watching different anime - is actually the same. That's why I'm actually going for this challenge: Because of watching anime. And that's not any more challenging than in the years before.

I don't think having different lists adds anything. Well, at least not for me. I never got the impression that people cared at all about other people's lists. We used the discussion thread for questions and recommendations mostly. There was no discussion about the lists. The only times people would look at other lists was when they had to for certain challenges. But I guess you got more information than I do?
I guess some people just copied other people's lists (how does that even work, don't they have overlapping anime they have already watched before?) but people can still do that now to some extent. It's pathetic but you aren't going to stop those folks. Especially if they can just add shows to their list without watching them.
Jan 13, 2017 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
Donating these badges:

@AWC_mod

Also, if you like the design, but want a different character/specific image, feel free to PM me! ^^
SHINRAN IS OFFICIAL OMG!!!♥♥♥
ヒア~
Jan 13, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
silge said:

Ofcourse not ... how could someone have finished the anime when it's currently airing?
You have to take into account the stats when you start watching the anime so currently airing does not make any sense and would be way too cheesy anyway.
Jan 13, 2017 2:15 PM

Oct 2014
@SheyCroix @Miragee

I, for one, like the new setup. It's nice seeing which challenges you got rather than just having the same ones as everyone else. It takes some work to set up, but I personally think it's more fun like this. I like the way the challenges are set up this year. Of course the difficulty of watching anime isn't increased, but it doesn't need to be. The very reason why there are so many different difficulty levels is so people can complete the challenge without watching any more anime than they normally would.
Jan 13, 2017 2:21 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Miragee said:
I thought the challenge was about watching anime and not about fiddling with my starting post. See, my point is that the start is way more time-consuming. After that it's basically the same. So the only thing that got more "challenging" is to even start the challenge to begin with. The actual challenge - watching different anime - is actually the same. That's why I'm actually going for this challenge: Because of watching anime. And that's not any more challenging than in the years before.

I don't think having different lists adds anything. Well, at least not for me. I never got the impression that people cared at all about other people's lists. We used the discussion thread for questions and recommendations mostly. There was no discussion about the lists. The only times people would look at other lists was when they had to for certain challenges. But I guess you got more information than I do?
I guess some people just copied other people's lists (how does that even work, don't they have overlapping anime they have already watched before?) but people can still do that now to some extent. It's pathetic but you aren't going to stop those folks. Especially if they can just add shows to their list without watching them.

You're completely missing the point. The idea of the bingo card is to make your challenge different than other challenges. Cheaters can click "get another bingo card" until they get bored or find some easy challenge, or even can straight up use the banner even though they never completed the challenge.

You sign up here because you want. You gain nothing by doing this except watching some anime you may not have tried normally. And instead of looking at other person's challenges and watching some of their anime, you'll have to look for different kind of anime. You may struggle to find some items, but that way you'll have to either ask in the forum or unintendedly discover new anime. Either way, you win. And if the mod's saying that people used to copy other lists, it's probably true.

By the way, I don't think the challenge is difficult to understand. Heck, even there is a link to a file that does everything for you. The only people who have extra work with this are the people checking if everything is correct, since everyone has a different challenge. You're free not to do it if you don't like it, but I think it's a waste.
Conde_MohrJan 13, 2017 2:28 PM

Jan 13, 2017 2:32 PM

Jul 2012
Conde_Mohr said:

You gain nothing by doing this except watching some anime you may not have tried normally. And instead of looking at other person's challenges and watching some of their anime, you'll have to look for different kind of anime. You may struggle to find some items, but that way you'll have to either ask in the forum or unintendedly discover new anime. Either way, you win. And if the mod's saying that people used to copy other lists, it's probably true.

That about sums it up. Did I miss something where this is a competition?
Jan 13, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
@SheyCroix @Miragee

I, for one, like the new setup. It's nice seeing which challenges you got rather than just having the same ones as everyone else. It takes some work to set up, but I personally think it's more fun like this. I like the way the challenges are set up this year. Of course the difficulty of watching anime isn't increased, but it doesn't need to be. The very reason why there are so many different difficulty levels is so people can complete the challenge without watching any more anime than they normally would.

Thanks for the input. :) I guess it makes a difference for some people.

Conde_Mohr said:
Miragee said:

You're completely missing the point. The idea of the bingo card is to make your challenge different than other challenges. Cheaters can click "get another bingo card" until they get bored or find some easy challenge, or even can straight up use the banner even though they never completed the challenge.

You sign up here because you want You gain nothing by doing this except watching some anime you may not have tried normally. And instead of looking at other person's challenges and watching some of their anime, you'll have to look for different kind of anime. You may struggle to find some items, but that way you'll have to either ask in the forum or unintendedly discover new anime. Either way, you win. And if the mod's saying that people used to copy other lists, it's probably true.

By the way, I don't think the challenge is difficult to understand. Heck, even there is a link to a file that does everything for you. The only people who have extra work with this are the people checking if everything is correct, since everyone has a different challenge. You're free not to do it if you don't like it, but I think it's a waste.

I think you missed my point. Twice actually.

1. My point was that this challenge is based on the users will to do this challenge. Because if they just want to get the banner, they can cheat anyway. So all the people that would do the challenge for the sake of the challenge just got more work.

2. I never questioned the mod's statement about people copying other people's lists. If he says it, it's indeed probably true. I was questioning where he got the idea that people care about other people's lists.

3. I personally don't have a problem to find items for my challenges. I entered the challenge club a while ago. I know what challenges are for and I enjoy doing them because of that.

4. Again, I never said it was difficult to understand. Complicated/complex doesn't necessarily mean it's hard to understand. It just took quite a while to read through all the introduction and jump to the different links to see how they are supposed to work.
Jan 13, 2017 3:00 PM
Aug 2014
Just posting for a recommendation I need from here for a challenge. I don't really know what I want to watch, so just recommend your top 3 favorite anime.
Jan 13, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
TomScroy said:
Just posting for a recommendation I need from here for a challenge. I don't really know what I want to watch, so just recommend your top 3 favorite anime.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/3974/Tetsuwan_Birdy_Decode

https://myanimelist.net/anime/17909/Uchouten_Kazoku

https://myanimelist.net/anime/7791/K-On <- change to season 2 since you had season 1 completed.
Jan 13, 2017 3:05 PM

Jan 2017
@AholePony @zombie_pegasus wait, did I miss something? About #41 (I will be mixing my answers to both, sorry)
That which seems likes the girl 'antennas' is actually hair. What seems to be called "ahoge" (same for the other girl). I'm not trying to make it more strict/loose, but that item is simply based on appearance. In how they look like. If people want the easy way out that's up to them, right? The challenge was worded this way to make it more "general" for everyone ... To also make it, maybe, a bit easier to check since it's only based on the looks of one main character....

@Naru-chan thanks for the badges! Will be adding them (if you tell me to request I will most certainly ask for some bishounens ;D)
Jan 13, 2017 3:06 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
TomScroy said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33255/Saiki_Kusuo_no_%CE%A8-nan_TV
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30014/Momokuri

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 13, 2017 3:09 PM
Dec 2015
Hey everyone! Can someone recommend me an anime for #59. I would prefer one with less than 25 episodes and the only genre I don't really like is ecchi/harem
Jan 13, 2017 3:12 PM
Jan 13, 2017 3:14 PM

May 2009
dialga08 said:
Hey everyone! Can someone recommend me an anime for #59. I would prefer one with less than 25 episodes and the only genre I don't really like is ecchi/harem

Black Lagoon
Claymore
Gatchaman Crowds
Sakamoto Desu Ga?

whichever suits your mood :>
Jan 13, 2017 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
AWC_mod said:
@AholePony @zombie_pegasus wait, did I miss something? About #41 (I will be mixing my answers to both, sorry)
That which seems likes the girl 'antennas' is actually hair. What seems to be called "ahoge" (same for the other girl). I'm not trying to make it more strict/loose, but that item is simply based on appearance. In how they look like. If people want the easy way out that's up to them, right? The challenge was worded this way to make it more "general" for everyone ... To also make it, maybe, a bit easier to check since it's only based on the looks of one main character....

Fair enough, I just think we'd have a lot less people confused by the challenge if it were made to where only actual creatures were main characters. I was more saying this as constructive criticism for future years.

A lot of the challenges could be re-worded to be more intuitive (like the recent questions about "above #600 being 601 or 599. On a "Top List" above is usually up the list which is lower in number. I know you have the extra text to explain it but it still could be worded better as an example. With the way #41 is now, you invite arguments (a waste of time), like I would argue that Gokicha's hair isn't actually hair, they just made it look that way. I see your point and there's plenty to choose from so I don't care but some of us are bored and like to help others when they ask so we'd like to give good answers wherever possible.
Jan 13, 2017 3:16 PM

Dec 2014
dialga08 said:

A little old, but still good and thought-provoking:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/
Jan 13, 2017 3:19 PM

May 2009
AholePony said:

A lot of the challenges could be re-worded to be more intuitive (like the recent questions about "above #600 being 601 or 599. On a "Top List" above is usually up the list which is lower in number. I know you have the extra text to explain it but it still could be worded better as an example. With the way #41 is now, you invite arguments (a waste of time), like I would argue that Gokicha's hair isn't actually hair, they just made it look that way. I see your point and there's plenty to choose from so I don't care but some of us are bored and like to help others when they ask so we'd like to give good answers wherever possible.

I agree about the Popularity above #601 one - we are talking about popularity rankings, and when i read that something is ranked above another, i would first think it is 600, 599, 598 etc... because for me above would be the same as "higher". then again i am not fluent in english so...
Jan 13, 2017 3:26 PM

Jan 2017
@AholePony noted and no worries. I had to write all that so I was expecting some mistakes here and there... but when some users helped proof-reading that and didn't say anything I guessed it was clear enough/well explained.
Jan 13, 2017 3:28 PM

Oct 2014
@AWC_mod
I changed my anime for that challenge from Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase (I don't think this would have actually worked) to Massugu ni Ikou. (one of the main characters is an actual dog and so all of its features are ones a human wouldn't have). All good?
Jan 13, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
@AWC_mod
I changed my anime for that challenge from Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase (I don't think this would have actually worked) to Massugu ni Ikou. (one of the main characters is an actual dog and so all of its features are ones a human wouldn't have). All good?

Lmfao ... yes one of the main characters being a dog does work for the challenge.
Surprised there is even an anime that has a dog as main character to be honest.
Jan 13, 2017 3:36 PM

Jan 2017
@zombie_pegasus yes that one works

@PrOxAnto I have seen several titles with a dog as main character.... but sadly there are few of them
Jan 13, 2017 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
PrOxAnto said:
zombie_pegasus said:
@AWC_mod

Lmfao ... yes one of the main characters being a dog does work for the challenge.
Surprised there is even an anime that has a dog as main character to be honest.
It's not the only one either, there's also Hayan Ma-eum Baeggu, Chocotan!, Ginga Densetsu Weed, and Wanwan Sanjuushi.
Jan 13, 2017 3:42 PM

Jul 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
It's not the only one either, there's also Hayan Ma-eum Baeggu, Chocotan!, Ginga Densetsu Weed, and Wanwan Sanjuushi.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/17831/Inu_to_Hasami_wa_Tsukaiyou

That should probably be ok too.
Jan 13, 2017 3:47 PM

Mar 2008
AWC_mod said:
@Naru-chan thanks for the badges! Will be adding them (if you tell me to request I will most certainly ask for some bishounens ;D)

@AWC_mod
Well, feel free to message me your wanted bishies! ;)
SHINRAN IS OFFICIAL OMG!!!♥♥♥
ヒア~
Jan 13, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2015
"Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - link the post here:" Anything to recommend me? It doesn't really matter what genre as long is isn't an ecchi/harem, shounen/shoujo ai or yaoi/yuri.
Jan 13, 2017 4:26 PM

Dec 2014
Wvdk said:
"Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - link the post here:" Anything to recommend me? It doesn't really matter what genre as long is isn't an ecchi/harem, shounen/shoujo ai or yaoi/yuri.

Arslan Senki (2015) since you are a fan of Yona.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249
AnnaSartinJan 13, 2017 4:38 PM
Jan 13, 2017 4:43 PM

Dec 2014
Naru-chan said:
AWC_mod said:

@AWC_mod
Well, feel free to message me your wanted bishies! ;)

Can we request kitties as well? I'd love a Poyo badge!
Jan 13, 2017 4:59 PM

Nov 2016
Could anyone recommend me something for #36 (Watch an anime with more people in "Plan to Watch" than "Completed"?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

71 by KeyiOs »»
30 seconds ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

32 by Zimmu »»
9 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

62 by Zimmu »»
12 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

51 by LostSpectre »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 7 hours ago

26 by Zimmu »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.