Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2017 11:39 PM

Oct 2014
Euphorae said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Anyone got some recommendations??
Yama no Susume is an anime with great art and good drama, which seems to be something you like. You could also try Wandering Son, Toradora, or Chihayafuru.
Jan 12, 2017 11:41 PM
Jan 2017
aifukola said:
Carlos3583 said:
Someone deleted their post and now my post number is different, should I edit it?
You shouldn't edit the initial post number, because it's supposed to be one you originally posted with. If you were to keep changing it, there wouldn't really be a point in having it there, now would there?

Ok TY 30 characters @@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Jan 13, 2017 12:07 AM

May 2013
AWC_mod said:
-- From post #816 #815 to #985
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep your Initial Post Number
jsoebb Slarkero Kimilam JojoYabuki

What do you mean with keeping it? I mean, I haven't changed anything? I'd appreciate some help with this because I dont understand

--
I just saw the format, I don't know how did I miss it before.
jsoebbJan 13, 2017 12:10 AM
Jan 13, 2017 12:25 AM

Dec 2015
I'm already halfway completing this challenge but suddenly it hits me.... Is the anime that have already completed in the past years counted? Or do I have to rewatch?
Jan 13, 2017 12:43 AM

Jul 2012
makotoed said:
I'm already halfway completing this challenge but suddenly it hits me.... Is the anime that have already completed in the past years counted? Or do I have to rewatch?

You can only use anime you've started and finished during this year, rewatching I have heard is allowed but not encouraged.
Jan 13, 2017 12:44 AM

Oct 2014
makotoed said:
The anime you watch you must have both started and finished during the challenge period (January 1st 2017 to December 24th 2017). You should try to rewatch as little as possible. If there are no titles for a challenge that you haven't seen or the pool is so small (10 remaining or less) that you already know none of them look like they would be any fun to watch or are too long, unsubbed, or otherwise unwatchable then I think it would be fair to rewatch.

It would be optimal if you are able to complete the challenge without rewatching any anime for it, but for a challenge like "Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username" where there are literally only 10 possible options it wouldn't be too far-fetched for you to have watched every single one of them, in which case a rewatch would be necessary. If you were planning on rewatching because you're too lazy to find new anime that work for all the challenges that's most of what this thread is for.
Jan 13, 2017 2:06 AM

Sep 2014
@AWC_mod What do you mean? Do I have to change anything? o.O
Jan 13, 2017 2:12 AM

Jan 2013
Miragee said:

[list=1]
at the start of the challenge list and having
[*]
before every challenge automatically makes so it's numbered. - Unless you want to number them all by yourself, up to you.
Jan 13, 2017 3:25 AM

Sep 2014
PrOxAnto said:
Miragee said:

[list=1]
at the start of the challenge list and having
[*]
before every challenge automatically makes so it's numbered. - Unless you want to number them all by yourself, up to you.

Why is that even relevant? I got the numbers for the challenges in the list, which is important. I don't get why I should put numbers in front of every challenge if I can randomise their order anyways.
Jan 13, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 2010
Miragee said:
Why is that even relevant? I got the numbers for the challenges in the list, which is important. I don't get why I should put numbers in front of every challenge if I can randomise their order anyways.

It may feel pointless to you, but it will make it noticeably easier and faster for AWC_Mod & co to check your challenges when you turn it in (for example they will see at a glance how many items you completed).

Remember that that will have to check hundreds of forms, which is a very time-consuming and tedious process ; any step you take to help them out is welcome. And one of the basic part is to follow the guidelines for form formatting.
Jan 13, 2017 4:12 AM
May 2016
Initial Post Number: <####>

๐ŸŽฎ Challenge Start Date: January 01, 2017
๐ŸŽง Challenge Finish Date: <date>
๐Ÿ™ Link to your list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/<your_username>
๐Ÿ“ก Completed Anime (at sign-up): <number>

๐Ÿก Bingo Card #: <XXX>
๐Ÿก Difficulty: <difficulty_name>
๐Ÿก Pattern: <pattern_name>

๐ŸŒ  Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

๐ŸŒ  Challenge list:

Do not delete this post! If you want to withdraw, please delete the contents and put "Withdrawn".
Please do not format your form with a small/huge font size. Keep it readable.
Jan 13, 2017 4:20 AM

Sep 2014
Jhiday said:
Miragee said:

It may feel pointless to you, but it will make it noticeably easier and faster for AWC_Mod & co to check your challenges when you turn it in (for example they will see at a glance how many items you completed).

Remember that that will have to check hundreds of forms, which is a very time-consuming and tedious process ; any step you take to help them out is welcome. And one of the basic part is to follow the guidelines for form formatting.

I feel like the challenge this year is way too bureaucratic and complicated. This wouldn't even be a thing if they didn't introduce this bloated randomiser system, which pointless to begin with. So yeah, that decision brought tons of work to everyone.

But whatever, I will just add the list thing.
Jan 13, 2017 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
Miragee said:
Jhiday said:

I feel like the challenge this year is way too bureaucratic and complicated. This wouldn't even be a thing if they didn't introduce this bloated randomiser system, which pointless to begin with. So yeah, that decision brought tons of work to everyone.

Nothing complicated about it, just adds a little bit of random challenges to it rather than having to pick it on your own.
I like the change actually, this way people don't have the exact same challenge sheet either.
Jan 13, 2017 4:36 AM
Jul 2016
Hello guys, can I have a recommendation for 59 pleaase? Thanks in advance
Jan 13, 2017 4:41 AM

Jan 2013
Rahmaniz0123 said:

Would be helpful if you made your anime list open to all, for all I know I'll be recommending anime you've seen already.
Jan 13, 2017 4:41 AM

Apr 2011
Ehm, @palmtoptiger0729, you realize that this is the discussion thread, not the sign-up thread?

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

โโโโโ

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 13, 2017 5:06 AM

Dec 2014
Rahmaniz0123 said:

Have you seen last season's "Poco's Udon World"? I recommend it since you like Usagi Drop.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673
Jan 13, 2017 5:32 AM

Oct 2014

Oh god, that's such an embarrassing mistake. I fixed it right away.

Edit: Also, I noticed a lot of people said it's complicated but I have to say, I like this challenge a lot more than the previous ones. The fact everyone don't have the same number of challenges makes it exciting for me.
Died_in_VainJan 13, 2017 5:49 AM
Jan 13, 2017 6:10 AM

Jan 2017
coolangelsthesis said:
For #11, I want to use Studio Ghibli. Do I count all those weird commercials they had a hand in as anime entries for their bottom five? If not, which five entries of theirs qualify as the 5 lowest scored?

Unless you are doing the TV type restriction (which only will give you one option with them), then yes. One of the lowest 5, regardless the type.

@pluvia33 please don't double post, just edit your last reply

@palmtoptiger0729 as someone pointed out already, this is the wrong thread for that. Please post this here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476

Also thanks to everyone that takes some of their time to answer to others (^_^)/
Jan 13, 2017 6:16 AM

Jun 2009
AWC_mod said:
@pluvia33 please don't double post, just edit your last reply

My apologies. The thread was moving faster than I expected and I'm not normally very active in forums anymore so the etiquette slipped my mind. I'll try not to do it again.
Jan 13, 2017 6:21 AM

Sep 2012
I want some recommendations for:

15. Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979

17. Watch an anime which began airing between 1990 and 1999
Jan 13, 2017 6:23 AM
Oct 2015

Actually, all of them in my PTW list, so I choose Zetsuen no Tempest. Thanks!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2017 6:30 AM
Oct 2015
AnnaSartin said:
Imiran said:
Hi! Please, just recommend me some unpopular animes or what you think is good. Anything is ok.

Is it for the 5000 or less challenge? I'm going to do this one:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2825

No, it was for challenge number 59..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2017 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
blazerx46 said:

17. Watch an anime which began airing between 1990 and 1999

I haven't seen it on your list so i'll say : Cowboy Bebop
Jan 13, 2017 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
Does commercial count for the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio? I wounldn't really know where to find them...
Also, can someone recommend me an anime? Anything's fine but please keep it at 26 ep. max since I already have many long titles
Jan 13, 2017 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
In relation to this item:

"40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC"

Maybe I'm weird. Maybe it's part me being an older dude and part me being a bit of a Grammar Nazi. I just HATE the "MC" abbreviation in fandom. It comes off as very lazy and immature to me. It makes me cringe a little whenever I read it and if I ever actually hear someone say it, it practically triggers a gag reflex. I actually tend to hate a lot of popular shorthand abbreviations; like I always type out "hahaha" instead of "lol" but "MC" really bugs me even when other people use it.

Now, with so many other items in the challenge actually having "main character" typed out, this seems like an odd one out. Can the wording of this item be changed to "Watch an anime with at least one child as a main character" in future years and would it be okay for me to use this verbiage when I post my sign-up list?

And now that this has me actually thinking about getting something to fill this item, I do have a technical question: If a character may or may not be very old, but has the physical body and mentality of a child, can the anime still fulfill this item? The specific case that I'm asking for is Kate from Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda. I'm really interested in watching this show. Thanks!
Jan 13, 2017 7:23 AM
Jul 2016
AnnaSartin said:
Rahmaniz0123 said:

Have you seen last season's "Poco's Udon World"? I recommend it since you like Usagi Drop.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673

yes I actually have, and i loved it.. but thanks anywayyy
Jan 13, 2017 7:26 AM
Jan 13, 2017 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
PrOxAnto said:
Miragee said:

Nothing complicated about it, just adds a little bit of random challenges to it rather than having to pick it on your own.
I like the change actually, this way people don't have the exact same challenge sheet either.

And what is the benefit of people not having the same challenge sheet? Especially when that was already true for all those that didn't do the hard challenge in the past couple of years.

And it's way more complicated. In the last 2 years I just had to copy the list from the start post and that was it. Now I had to read half an hour to get up to date with all the new stuff. Then the need to use different sites to even set-up the whole thing and not being able to just copy-paste the list, because the randomiser cuts out some of the challenges, adds a ton of time that is being wasted. On top of that, now you have to safe screenshots for certain challenges etc. All for a challenge where people can basically cheat without any chance to check on it anyways.

My point is that it's nice that people want to put in more effort but this is bloated and just amounts in more work for everyone without really adding anything to the experience. The old system was just fine.
Jan 13, 2017 7:38 AM

Mar 2016
pluvia33 said:
In relation to this item:

"40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC"

I do have a technical question: If a character may or may not be very old, but has the physical body and mentality of a child, can the anime still fulfill this item? The specific case that I'm asking for is Kate from Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda. I'm really interested in watching this show. Thanks!
From my perspective I would have to say no it doesnt count. In the First paragraph of her Wiki page It states that she has lived for a very long time, therefore being much older than 12 years old. But to be certain you are gonna have to wait for @AWC_Mod or @SheyCroix to give you a more definite answer. While she may have the mentality and physical appearance of an 8 year old that doesnt change the fact that she is much older.
SojinJan 13, 2017 7:42 AM
Jan 13, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
Sojin said:
While she may have the mentality and physical appearance of an 8 year old that doesnt change the fact that she is much older.

Yeah, I'm not too hopeful. It is actually more difficult than I expected to find shows that I'd want to watch and haven't watched already with child leads. If Kate is a no-go, I think Kayo Hinazuki with Boku dake ga Inai Machi should work, yeah? Thanks for the input!
Jan 13, 2017 8:10 AM

Mar 2016
pluvia33 said:
Sojin said:
While she may have the mentality and physical appearance of an 8 year old that doesnt change the fact that she is much older.

Yeah, I'm not too hopeful. It is actually more difficult than I expected to find shows that I'd want to watch and haven't watched already with child leads. If Kate is a no-go, I think Kayo Hinazuki with Boku dake ga Inai Machi should work, yeah? Thanks for the input!
I havent seen erased but as long as she stays a child the entire anime it should be fine. If you cant find anything else you could watch Black Bullet The main character is 10 and it even says so on her anime page
Jan 13, 2017 8:11 AM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011

About the MC, that was actually a mistake. I forgot to fix it, but since when I noticed several hundreds had already posted I left it like that. You are free to change the wording in your form.

As for your technical question. No. The age has to be under 12 years old regardless of how they look like.
A valid example of some anime that would fit and they don't look their age are Hatsukoi Monster and Recorder to Randoseru Doโ™ช
So regarding Venera-sama, as Sojin said, she wouldn't count "Since the day she decided to take on the world, she stopped aging. Contrary to her physical appearance, she has lived for a long time."

Miragee said:
And what is the benefit of people not having the same challenge sheet? Especially when that was already true for all those that didn't do the hard challenge in the past couple of years.

And it's way more complicated. In the last 2 years I just had to copy the list from the start post and that was it. Now I had to read half an hour to get up to date with all the new stuff. Then the need to use different sites to even set-up the whole thing and not being able to just copy-paste the list, because the randomiser cuts out some of the challenges, adds a ton of time that is being wasted. On top of that, now you have to safe screenshots for certain challenges etc. All for a challenge where people can basically cheat without any chance to check on it anyways.

My point is that it's nice that people want to put in more effort but this is bloated and just amounts in more work for everyone without really adding anything to the experience. The old system was just fine.

The benefit of people not having the same challenge sheet is making it more fun. Now, even those that go for Emperor won't necessarily have the same challenge list. Plus this add for variety since last year some practically just copied and pasted others listed anime.

It is more complicated. That's the basic idea of a challenge. We can't really give you everything ready to do in a silver plate. If you are taking on a challenge it's with the idea that you will have some work to do. I don't get why you keep complaining if you are still trying to do it. Also yes, there's lot to read before participating, that's to try and have less people making the same mistakes over and over and over for who knows how many hundreds of times. So it definitely isn't time wasted FOR US. And yes, now you have to screenshot even if it's something that can be cheated, since for some that's a relief that they won't have to worry about fixing something later on when they finish with the challenge.

I have read several people, as you, complaining that this makes the challenge less fun or something. But I think it actually adds to the experience and gives a real challenge that it's intended to be worked on almost for a year. Now, I'm not saying that people shouldn't voice their concerns. Since as someone said if no one complains we will never know if there's something wrong or not. But, you know, when there are some that says "this chez is hard, I'm not doing it" when it's evident they haven't even tried... well I guess I should keep my answer to that for myself.

แƒฆ HiScore แƒฆ LoScore แƒฆ Auction

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Jan 13, 2017 8:25 AM

Jun 2009
Sojin said:
pluvia33 said:

I havent seen erased but as long as she stays a child the entire anime it should be fine. If you cant find anything else you could watch Black Bullet The main character is 10 and it even says so on her anime page

So if a character is the right age for most of the series, but then grows up later it can't be used for the Child entry? That seems a little strict. I would think if the young version of the character has enough screen time on her own to be a main character, being older for one or two episodes shouldn't ruin it. Now, I don't know if that's the case with Kayo in ERASED. I tried clicking on her Spoiler section, but it had a LOT of info and I felt like I almost saw some stuff that would really ruin major story elements in the show. Can anyone confirm if this would be a valid entry for the Child item?

And thank you for the clarification @SheyCroix
Jan 13, 2017 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
A little confused as to what #37(Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page) is supposed to be. Anyone willing to explain to me?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
Potatonana said:
A little confused as to what #37(Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page) is supposed to be. Anyone willing to explain to me?
Pick someone on your sign up page, for simplicity sake just pick the person above/below your post, then go to there list find an anime that they rated a 10 or a 9 that you would like to watch.
Jan 13, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2015
Sojin said:
Potatonana said:
Pick someone on your sign up page, for simplicity sake just pick the person above/below your post, then go to there list find an anime that they rated a 10 or a 9 that you would like to watch.

Thanks for the help!

Also, could someone recommend me something for #14 and #38? Can't find anything that can be watched online.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 8:34 AM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011
pluvia33 said:
So if a character is the right age for most of the series, but then grows up later it can't be used for the Child entry? That seems a little strict. I would think if the young version of the character has enough screen time on her own to be a main character, being older for one or two episodes shouldn't ruin it. Now, I don't know if that's the case with Kayo in ERASED. I tried clicking on her Spoiler section, but it had a LOT of info and I felt like I almost saw some stuff that would really ruin major story elements in the show. Can anyone confirm if this would be a valid entry for the Child item?

And thank you for the clarification @SheyCroix

About that not really. It has to be a kid for most of the anime, so if it's later shown as a grown up for a couple of episodes that's fine.
You can use Erased for this one

แƒฆ HiScore แƒฆ LoScore แƒฆ Auction

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Jan 13, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2009
SheyCroix said:
About that not really. It has to be a kid for most of the anime, so if it's later shown as a grown up for a couple of episodes that's fine.
You can use Erased for this one

Awesome! Thanks a bunch! I really look forward to watching that and a bunch of other stuff; I missed a lot of good stuff over the last few years. Hopefully I won't have any other questions and I'll be able to submit my list tonight and get to watching a ton of anime! ^_^
Jan 13, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
Miragee said:
PrOxAnto said:

I didnt say it was less complicated than last year just that there's nothing complicated about this setup. - At least for me, as long as you take some time to read what the bingo card is for etc it's pretty easy to setup.

Anyhow, Sheycroix already said most of it.
Jan 13, 2017 8:51 AM

Oct 2016
I need a recommendation for challenge 59, if its related whit my favorites or its supernatural, sci-fi or accion better, but it can be another genere
Jan 13, 2017 8:59 AM

Oct 2016
Hey guys~
Can I have a recommendation for:
15. watch an anime began airing between 1960 and 1979
Please, and thanks in advance
Jan 13, 2017 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
rodriboy said:
I need a recommendation for challenge 59, if its related whit my favorites or its supernatural, sci-fi or accion better, but it can be another genere

Harumin98 said:
Hey guys~
Can I have a recommendation for:
15. watch an anime began airing between 1960 and 1979
Please, and thanks in advance

For challenge #59

PrOxAntoJan 13, 2017 9:16 AM
Jan 13, 2017 9:04 AM

Feb 2012
Hey friends! I am looking for a few recommendations:

1. (16) Watch an anime that began airing between 1980 and 1989. I've seen all the Ghibli/Miyazaki stuff from then, and Akira. Looking for a good movie or a series less than 30 eps.

2. (45) Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres. Some of my fave genres are Iyashikei, Fantasy, Mystery, Slice of Life, Psychological, and Supernatural. Some of my least fave genres are Mecha, Military, and Harem.

3. (59) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. Stuff I've already seen is here if y'all wanna check it out.

Thanks in advance! I'm happy to give recs tailored to people's preferences/challenge topics in exchange~
ใ€ๆฝ”ใใ€€ใ‚ซใƒƒใ‚ณใ‚ˆใใ€€็”Ÿใใฆ่กŒใ“ใ†...ใ€‘
LET'S GO ON LIVING, BRAVELY & WITH STYLE...
Jan 13, 2017 9:06 AM
Jan 2017
rec me a magical girl romance pls

for reference I loved Kiki and like SoL and Drama in general
avoid shounen thx
Jan 13, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
For #41 Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human, would the MC from the series Gokicha, count?
[Btw, she's a cockroach girl who looks like a roach from up close and afar.]
tretijJan 13, 2017 9:10 AM
Jan 13, 2017 9:09 AM

May 2016
34. Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601 - placed in popularity as #601 or more (601, 602, 603 and so on); state the rank it had when you finished

This has me confused. Do I watch anime that is ranked higher than 601 (like 400 or 500) or do i watch anime that is lower than 600 (601, 602, 700)
Jan 13, 2017 9:11 AM
Jan 2017
coolangelsthesis said:

1. (16) Watch an anime that began airing between 1980 and 1989. I've seen all the Ghibli/Miyazaki stuff from then, and Akira. Looking for a good movie or a series less than 30 eps.

2. (45) Watch an anime that combines one of your favorite and least favorite genres. Some of my fave genres are Iyashikei, Fantasy, Mystery, Slice of Life, Psychological, and Supernatural. Some of my least fave genres are Mecha, Military, and Harem.

3. (59) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. Stuff I've already seen is here if y'all wanna check it out.

Thanks in advance! I'm happy to give recs tailored to people's preferences/challenge topics in exchange~

#59 gungrave. It's not like most of your list, it takes a more serious approach and has a great story. but I see we like similar animes, so def check it out

why a 4 on Kaze Tachinu tho? .-.

YogaFire69 said:
34. Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601 - placed in popularity as #601 or more (601, 602, 603 and so on); state the rank it had when you finished

This has me confused. Do I watch anime that is ranked higher than 601 (like 400 or 500) or do i watch anime that is lower than 600 (601, 602, 700)

Above = closer to the top(#1)
edit:oops the OP says 601,602++
Hobbi_LaoJan 13, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 13, 2017 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
YogaFire69 said:

Above meaning 602, 603 etc.
It's got a few people confused on it.
Jan 13, 2017 9:14 AM

Dec 2014
coolangelsthesis said:

~

1 - https://myanimelist.net/anime/3751

Before the age of Studio Ghibli, a line of animated films based on fairy tales was produced by Toei Animation in the 70s and early 80s. This one is from 1980.
AnnaSartinJan 13, 2017 9:46 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - 1 hour ago

16 by Adnash »»
4 minutes ago

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - 45 minutes ago

3 by Rhaelynne »»
8 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

18 by IpreferEcchi »»
36 minutes ago

» Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 2 hours ago

7 by Kushna »»
43 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

74 by MitsukiHimeka »»
60 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.