Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2017 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Carlos3583 said:
Can I use an anime that isn't finished airing yet? Example: 7. Watch a Korean or Chinese anime

As long as it's finished before the end of 2017.
Or if you're caught up to the latest episode, example being One Piece.
Jan 12, 2017 1:39 PM

Jun 2015
Otazul said:
Someone can help me with 42-Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese.

Black Lagoon is always a good choice.
Jan 12, 2017 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
If any one is looking for "35 - Watch an anime with less than 5,000 completed members"

https://myanimelist.net/anime/29/Zipang (scored by 3,226 User) its pretty good.

Genre:Action, Military, Sci-Fi, Historical, Drama, Seinen , 26 episodes.

Or

https://myanimelist.net/anime/798/Yomigaeru_Sora__Rescue_Wings

(scored by 2,426 users) Drama, Military, Seinen, 12 episode and its great!
jhoson14Jan 12, 2017 1:43 PM
Jan 12, 2017 1:40 PM

Jun 2010
Otazul said:
Someone can help me with 42-Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese.

I used 91 Days for my challenge. It's a mafia story similar to Baccano! :)
Jan 12, 2017 1:51 PM

Oct 2014
Carlos3583 said:
Can I use an anime that isn't finished airing yet? Example: 7. Watch a Korean or Chinese anime
This year doesn't have super specific rules for seasonal anime so I would just assume that as long as you start and finish it within the challenge period then it's fine.
Niveen_Sleem said:
@AWC_mod I'll cut to the chase, can I put One Piece in the challenge?
You can put the specials. movies, recaps, ect. in the challenge, but since it won't end during the challenge period and you likely started it beforehand you cannot use the main entry for the challenge.
Puchkov said:
@AWC_mod, @SheyCroix - Need some help with this challenge item: Finish an on-hold or dropped anime

I have completed 100% of my list (no drops or on hold), so how do I proceed here?
I would personally think you could use sequels to anime you watched before since you technically "dropped" the franchise. Not sure if this is allowed, but it seems close enough.
zombie_pegasusJan 12, 2017 1:59 PM
Jan 12, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2016
Guys any recommendations what i should watch for number 59? Thanks in advance ...
Jan 12, 2017 2:13 PM

Jun 2013
Looking for a recommendation for #59 in the anime watching challenge.

I'm open to pretty much anything so if you have a recommendation for an anime you feel is good please feel free to share.
Jan 12, 2017 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
ponci17 said:
Looking for a recommendation for #59 in the anime watching challenge.

I'm open to pretty much anything so if you have a recommendation for an anime you feel is good please feel free to share.

Cowboy Bebop
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Perfect Blue
Majo no Takkyuubin
Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa
Hotaru no Haka
Hellsing Ultimate
Black Lagoon
Claymore
Paprika
Clannad: After Story
Summer Wars
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Shiki
Usagi Drop
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Harmonie
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
Jan 12, 2017 2:44 PM

Mar 2016
shirokkuma said:
Otazul said:

I used 91 Days for my challenge. It's a mafia story similar to Baccano! :)

Thanks, but i watched 91 Days last year, i will watch black lagoon for this challenge :)
Jan 12, 2017 3:04 PM

Apr 2011
"41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human."

I have seen questions about this and am wondering myself, must the character actually be human with non-human traits, or can they be completely non-human? The answers I have seen in this thread were rather inconclusive and I would like a clear answer on this— currently I have "Atom: The Beginning" for future watching listed, where the main character will be a robot. Can I use this?

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

āāāāā

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 12, 2017 3:14 PM

Oct 2014
Lestat- said:

I have seen questions about this and am wondering myself, must the character actually be human with non-human traits, or can they be completely non-human? The answers I have seen in this thread were rather inconclusive and I would like a clear answer on this— currently I have "Atom: The Beginning" for future watching listed, where the main character will be a robot. Can I use this?
That one would work. You just can't use anime like Plastic Memories where there's a robot character who looks exactly like a human.
Jan 12, 2017 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
Someone recommend me something! Just anything is fine ^^ (Not hentai/ecchi please)
Jan 12, 2017 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
NazreenWhal said:
Someone recommend me something! Just anything is fine ^^ (Not hentai/ecchi please)

Here are a few recommendations:

Nanatsu no Taizai
Mobile Suit Gundam
Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror
Jan 12, 2017 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
Just to be clear, do seasonal anime count for the "recently reviewed" challenge even though they're technically "previews"?
Jan 12, 2017 3:59 PM

Sep 2016
NazreenWhal said:

You might like these:

Steins;Gate
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Mawaru Penguindrum
There She Is!!
Michiko to Hatchin
Jan 12, 2017 4:12 PM

Jan 2017
jhoson14 said:
If any one is looking for "35 - Watch an anime with less than 5,000 completed members"
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29/Zipang (scored by 3,226 User) its pretty good.
Genre:Action, Military, Sci-Fi, Historical, Drama, Seinen , 26 episodes.
Or
(scored by 2,426 users) Drama, Military, Seinen, 12 episode and its great!

Just in case, the stat you should be looking at isn't the one that says "Scored" but the one that says "Completed" in the stats tab.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29/Zipang/stats Completed: 3,767
https://myanimelist.net/anime/798/Yomigaeru_Sora__Rescue_Wings/stats Completed: 2,920

Lestat- said:

Trying to give you a clear answer : You can use any character, regardless of their "nature"/what they are, as long as they have a trait humans don't usually have. So you don't have to worry if they are aliens or not. Just look at their appearance. Like zombie_pegasus said, in Plastic Memories the robots there look human so they wouldn't count.
As for the one you want to use, it seems it would fit BUT right now it's not valid since there isn't any character listed there (and yes, just noticed it hasn't aired)

zombie_pegasus said:
Just to be clear, do seasonal anime count for the "recently reviewed" challenge even though they're technically "previews"?

As long as they get a review and you can actually start watching it the same day (and the review doesn't get deleted), then yes. You can go with those

adi_mk_ii said:
Can I retroactively add more restrictions to make the challenge tougher? I feel like I have made it too easy for me.

You can add as many as you like. Just remember if you are aiming for the extra title you will need to use one of the restrictions listed
Jan 12, 2017 4:37 PM
Oct 2015
Looking for recommendations for challenge #59. I'll take anything you got.
Jan 12, 2017 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Rudeboy_Ty said:
Looking for recommendations for challenge #59. I'll take anything you got.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/227/FLCL
Jan 12, 2017 5:25 PM

Jan 2017
-- From post #985 #984 to #1302
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep the numbered list
[list=1]

@Hapmatic @Madots @Miragee @Talon184 @Catsyk @Gravange @rainingseasons

Please keep your Initial Post Number
@FinalFlash18 @Davincie

Please fix your Initial Post Number and keep the numbered list
@solembumm @NilolaX3 @Kirrino

Please keep your Initial Post Number and the numbered list
@TeiiyahDee @LeonerreFT

@jecama seems you copied the turn-in form and added the challenge list.... well please add the Initial Post Number

@EtherealShe-Wolf seems you are numbering the items wrongly. For example, your list : <2>. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender <--- that one is #38

@eduardo_arnhold please fix your Initial Post Number... and you posted twice, are you doing the challenge 2 times? or was that a mistake?

@Gluzin please do write the item you are trying. For example :
1. [Started: 06/01/2017] [Finished: 06/01/2017] 1 : Shitcom
to
1. [Started: 06/01/2017] [Finished: 06/01/2017] 1. Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA : Shitcom
(you can even change the dates if its the same day to Started/Finished: 06/01/2017)

@garuzero please keep the items number

please fix your Initial Post Number, also remember to keep the end tags for both the spoiler and list
[/list][/spoiler]

@ali_tabaja @Light_Uchiha @Starry_Pirate

@ali_tabaja also noticed you posted twice, are you doing the challenge 2 times? or was that a mistake?
same for @Glitter-chan @alli_marin30

@isaquesousanunes please fix your numbered list

@Nenime22 please keep the initial post number and use the format provided for the challenge list

djddueces said:
Okay, can someone explain how I do this because I am still so lost looking at this thread....

this is the thread for questions, not that one. Are you going to use that post for your challenge?
Jan 12, 2017 6:08 PM

Nov 2015
Just a quick dumb question,I have the TV-type restriction and have to find a 1917-1959 TV anime.That's just impossible from my point of view since I searched everywhere and didn't find anything.Please help ?

Edit:I completely forgot about the exemption of #14,thanks protoplasm!
Suffaru3Jan 12, 2017 7:01 PM
Jan 12, 2017 6:15 PM

May 2009
Suffaru3 said:
Just a quick dumb question,I have the TV-type restriction and have to find a 1917-1959 TV anime.That's just impossible from my point of view since I searched everywhere and didn't find anything.Please help ?

from the mod post that explains how restrictions work
The restrictions you can try are:
怀怀TV types only restriction (unless otherwise stated in the item; item #14 is exempted as well)
Jan 12, 2017 6:32 PM

Apr 2012

i know this may sound dumb, but i'm kinda new to the MAL forums so i'm not sure… what should the Initial Post Number be?

This is my post… should my number be #1006 ? Or where should i look for that number then? https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=1000#msg49279218
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2017 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
dawnangel14 said:

i know this may sound dumb, but i'm kinda new to the MAL forums so i'm not sure… what should the Initial Post Number be?

This is my post… should my number be #1006 ? Or where should i look for that number then? https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=1000#msg49279218

From what I gather everyone in your page should be 1 after their post number,because jecama who was supposed to be #1003 didn't write in their initial post number(IPN) and everyone skipped and went ahead without counting him,so your IPN should be 1007.The exact same thing happened in my page when someone skipped a post and broke the whole couting order :/
Jan 12, 2017 7:16 PM

Dec 2014
Someone recommend me something for #59
Also, I would take a little help with #35 and #36
Jan 12, 2017 7:18 PM

Mar 2016
Suffaru3 said:
dawnangel14 said:

From what I gather everyone in your page should be 1 after their post number,because jecama who was supposed to be #1003 didn't write in their initial post number(IPN) and everyone skipped and went ahead without counting him,so your IPN should be 1007.The exact same thing happened in my page when someone skipped a post and broke the whole couting order :/

You know the blue line right above your post? On the right of the blue line is your IPN. The reason it skips isn't because someone broke the counting number, it's because someone deleted their post. It's a rule that we're not suppose to delete our posts in the Challenge thread as it messes up the IPN's.
Jan 12, 2017 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
Lukorei said:

35:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/29/Zipang

36:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/782/Gasaraki

59:

-Haikyuu!
-Shirobako
-Bakemonogatari
-Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
jhoson14Jan 12, 2017 7:38 PM
Jan 12, 2017 7:36 PM

Nov 2015
Glitchytronics said:
Suffaru3 said:

You know the blue line right above your post? On the right of the blue line is your IPN. The reason it skips isn't because someone broke the counting number, it's because someone deleted their post. It's a rule that we're not suppose to delete our posts in the Challenge thread as it messes up the IPN's.

Yes,but if people don't input their IPN before they post their entry,someone is bound to get confused and break the order anyway,and we're back at square one be it that someone deleted their post or not..
Jan 12, 2017 7:38 PM

May 2009
Suffaru3 said:

Yes,but if people don't input their IPN before they post their entry,someone is bound to get confused and break the order anyway,and we're back at square one be it that someone deleted their post or not..

the number you're supposed to write as your IPN is the one on the right corner of your post. it doesn't matter if someone "skipped" (=didn't write their IPN)

what i did was post my form first and then see what number was mine since there were several people submitting their posts at the same time :p
Jan 12, 2017 7:39 PM

Dec 2013
Lukorei said:

35 - Tales of the Street Corner
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1497/Aru_Machi_Kado_no_Monogatari?q=tales%20of%20the%20street
Jan 12, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
Halfaxa_Primes said:
Got 59 need a recommendation please. I'll keep checking back and pay it forward to the next post asking

I recommend you watch Shokugeki no Souma/Food Wars
It's an easy to watch series.
Jan 12, 2017 8:15 PM

Feb 2012
For #11, I want to use Studio Ghibli. Do I count all those weird commercials they had a hand in as anime entries for their bottom five? If not, which five entries of theirs qualify as the 5 lowest scored?
ć€ę½”ćć€€ć‚«ćƒƒć‚³ć‚ˆćć€€ē”Ÿćć¦č”Œć“恆...怑
LET'S GO ON LIVING, BRAVELY & WITH STYLE...
Jan 12, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
My first challenge is challenge #59: "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"

I'll watch the first suggested. :)
Jan 12, 2017 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
haodepinglunjia said:
My first challenge is challenge #59: "Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6547/Angel_Beats
Jan 12, 2017 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
Sojin said:
haodepinglunjia said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/6547/Angel_Beats

Thanks! :)

I've been meaning to watch that one for a while now, but never got around to it...
Jan 12, 2017 8:48 PM

Apr 2012
Glitchytronics said:
Suffaru3 said:

Ohhh, that explains why there's the rule to edit and put "withdrawn" if you quit the challange… thanks for clearing that up for me, i'm going to edit rn! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2017 8:57 PM

Jun 2009
So, first time trying to do the challenge. I'm looking forward to getting back into watching a lot of anime this year!

I do have a question though: I know FAQ item #8 says the only exception to watching something that you started before 2017 is the on-hold/dropped item (#73, which did pop in my Bingo card). However, what if you start the anime back from the beginning or want to re-watch an anime for the challenge. Is that allowed or does every item for the challenge have to be 100% new to you? I have a bunch of stuff in my watching/on-hold that I've only watched 1-3 episodes of. I'd really like to start knocking a bunch of those out and it's been so long since I'd seen a lot of them that I'd totally be up for starting them back from the beginning. If not, that's cool, but it'd be nice so I figured I'd ask.

Also, I need a recommendation for item #59! I'm up for pretty much anything; TV, OVA, feature length film, preferably something less than 16 episodes. Thanks! ^_^
Jan 12, 2017 9:00 PM

Mar 2016
pluvia33 said:
So, first time trying to do the challenge. I'm looking forward to getting back into watching a lot of anime this year!

I do have a question though: I know FAQ item #8 says the only exception to watching something that you started before 2017 is the on-hold/dropped item (#73, which did pop in my Bingo card). However, what if you start the anime back from the beginning or want to re-watch an anime for the challenge. Is that allowed or does every item for the challenge have to be 100% new to you? I have a bunch of stuff in my watching/on-hold that I've only watched 1-3 episodes of. I'd really like to start knocking a bunch of those out and it's been so long since I'd seen a lot of them that I'd totally be up for starting them back from the beginning. If not, that's cool, but it'd be nice so I figured I'd ask.

Also, I need a recommendation for item #59! I'm up for pretty much anything; TV, OVA, feature length film, preferably something less than 16 episodes. Thanks! ^_^
While the point of the challenge is to watch and explore new anime, you can still technically rewatch anime. For your on-hold/dropped anime you would need to start from episode 1 and then they would count :)

i rec you https://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso
Jan 12, 2017 9:01 PM

May 2009
pluvia33 said:

hello :)
There have been other questions about rewatches and from what I read @AWC_Mod encourages watching stuff you haven't watched yet, but if you want to rewatch something you have to start it from the beginning

i suggest shigofumi!

get that anime binge goinggg!
Jan 12, 2017 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
Sojin said:
pluvia33 said:

While the point of the challenge is to watch and explore new anime, you can still technically rewatch anime. For your on-hold/dropped anime you would need to start from episode 1 and then they would count :)

i rec you https://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso

Thanks for the quick reply! Since I'm going for the Full Card, I'm sure I'll still dig into a bunch of new anime. And No Game No Life is one of the few shows that my wife has watched that I haven't, so that will work great! ^_^
Jan 12, 2017 9:10 PM

Jun 2009
protoplasm said:
pluvia33 said:

hello :)
There have been other questions about rewatches and from what I read @AWC_Mod encourages watching stuff you haven't watched yet, but if you want to rewatch something you have to start it from the beginning

i suggest shigofumi!

get that anime binge goinggg!

Thanks for the confirmation and recommendation! Since I already picked No Game No Life for #59, I'll put Shigofumi to fit Psychological/Thriller (item 54).
Jan 12, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2009
anyone have suggestions for the 'gourmet, superhero or magical girl' category + the 'dementia, demons, horror and/or vampire' category? I'm not super big on either category so if someone has something they think is pretty great, let me know.
Jan 12, 2017 10:34 PM

Apr 2012
Claptrap said:
anyone have suggestions for the 'gourmet, superhero or magical girl' category + the 'dementia, demons, horror and/or vampire' category? I'm not super big on either category so if someone has something they think is pretty great, let me know.

For Vampire/Horror i really recommend Shiki; it's not very long and it has a lot of plot twists that keep the story going and make it interesting to watch ;)
Jan 12, 2017 10:37 PM

Mar 2009
@dawnangel14

Man, I have seen Shiki already unfortunately. It is p good though.
Jan 12, 2017 10:59 PM

Jan 2013
Claptrap said:
For Gourmet I would recommend Shokugeki no Souma, or alternatively for the Superhero one One Punch Man or Boku no Hero Academia.
Jan 12, 2017 11:05 PM
Jan 2017
Someone deleted their post and now my post number is different, should I edit it?
Carlos3583Jan 12, 2017 11:39 PM
Jan 12, 2017 11:09 PM

Apr 2013
Claptrap said:

Gourmet - https://myanimelist.net/anime/28171/Shokugeki_no_Souma?q=shokugeki
Vampire - https://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_TV
Jan 12, 2017 11:11 PM

Jan 2015
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Anyone got some recommendations??
Jan 12, 2017 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
Carlos3583 said:
Someone deleted their post and now my post number is different, should I edit it?
You shouldn't edit the initial post number, because it's supposed to be one you originally posted with. If you were to keep changing it, there wouldn't really be a point in having it there, now would there?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

22 by Piromysl »»
40 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - Today

47 by Piromysl »»
48 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

44 by Azuchi »»
50 minutes ago

» ā„ļø Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

177 by Adnash »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

37 by Ex-Aid »»
54 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.