Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2017 3:55 AM

May 2013
41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Anyone have some good TV Type recommendations for these?
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Jan 10, 2017 3:58 AM

Jan 2008
I've got a general question:

Do re-watches count?
(Since I've watched Death Note airing I feel like rewatching 10 years later and it could fit in a couple of my numbers)
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Jan 10, 2017 4:04 AM

Jan 2013
Voduu said:
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Monster (mostly Germany)
Black Lagoon (somewhere in Asia)
Watashi na Ashinaga Ojisan (if you don't mind old anime, USA)
Kuroshitsuji (UK)
Michiko to Hatchin (South America)
Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (UK)
The Rose of Versailles (France)
Berserk (medieval Europe setting)
also Hellsing takes place in UK
fuyukiJan 10, 2017 4:11 AM
Jan 10, 2017 4:15 AM

Jan 2012
Voduu said:

"mainly" you say ^^

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (america)
Gunslinger Girl (italy)
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders (outside japan)
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders season 2 (egypt)
Black Lagoon (outside japan)

Voduu said:

definitely Ookami to Koushinryou (tail, ears)

other ideas :
Seto no Hanayome (mermaid tail)
Elfen Lied (horns)
MagnordJan 10, 2017 4:45 AM
Jan 10, 2017 4:23 AM

Mar 2012
Voduu said:

You can use Demi-chan wa Kataritai which you are already watching
Else:
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Wooser no Sono Higurashi
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Dog Days

fuyuki said:
Voduu said:

Monster (mostly Germany)
Kuroshitsuji (UK)

I don't think Berserk counts because it takes place on a fantasy world not real Earth
KhalanJan 10, 2017 4:32 AM
Jan 10, 2017 4:26 AM

Jan 2013
Khalan said:
fuyuki said:

Monster (mostly Germany)
Kuroshitsuji (UK)

I don't think Berserk counts because it takes place on a fantasy world not real Earth

Yes, you're right, now I see that the task also says "a real location on Earth; state the country". In this case Black Lagoon doesn't count as well, since it doesn't take place in a real location.
Jan 10, 2017 5:15 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
AWC_mod said:
Conde_Mohr said:
I know about AWC_mod's dedication, and it's not as if I'm not trying to help with the challenge myself. The thing is: if I have my own design, AWC_mod can check it if it's ordered enough, even if he can't see the arbitrary number from 1 to 49 that is written on the left. In fact, most people have not ordered their challenges numerically in the first place.

You are right by thinking that the numbered list is needed when you turn-in. But let me try to explain a few reasons of why the mentions
1. it was already in the format, so there was no need for it to be removed
2. took my time to check the thread for post that shouldn't be there and, while on it, the sign ups
3. if I saw that was wrong, instead of waiting for their turn-ins, it's better to tell everyone early so we have less to fix by the end
4. some might not have had the intention to include them in the first place, others have a high chance of forgetting
5. the numbered list makes it easier for us when checking the forms. Remember we will have many to check, count, try to figure out the patterns and all at. The format is to make the process faster/easier.

I probably won't make my list until I finish anyway. It's well ordered enough, and I only need 30 seconds at most to switch to the [list=1] format when the time comes. And about point 5, it's next on my list of to-do changes of my Excel, I hope it helps.
Conde_MohrJan 10, 2017 5:19 AM

Jan 10, 2017 5:20 AM

Apr 2011
PrOxAnto said:
Lestat- said:
The date that you signed up. I believe I am the only person on my sign-up page who actually understood this, too...

Both are fine actually, either the date you signed up or January 1st.

Mm, well — I suppose that one isn't too bad. But people are changing their initial post numbers to their current ones, as well. I reckon @SheyCroix does not mean for this to happen because this will result in people bearing the same sign-up numbers and general confusion overall.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 10, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2010
zombie_pegasus said:
Is the "start date" of the challenge supposed to be left as January 1st or changed to the date the sign-up form was posted by the user?

Both are fine but you can only use anime that you started watching since your start date. So, if you write start date 10.1.2017 you can only add anime that you stated watching since 10.1.2017 and nothing before. Which, imo, makes no sense since this is a challenge for the whole 2017 and if you joined in February you would already have a month less for competing than others giving them a clear advantage.
Jan 10, 2017 5:37 AM

Dec 2014
Can i have a recomendation for #59 please ?
Thanks !
Jan 10, 2017 5:43 AM

Jan 2014
Hey everyone, I got the dreaded recommendation for #59 so ya! I need one.

Kiimiko said:
Thanks !

Hey nice list! Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?
FluxasionJan 10, 2017 3:18 PM
Jan 10, 2017 6:14 AM

Oct 2016
I received the challenge #59 in my Bingo card, could anyone recommend me a series to watch? 
Thank you!
Jan 10, 2017 6:18 AM

Jan 2017
@paco_dtc it's better to use anime that can be finished during the year. If by chance the one you want to use will continue airing during 2018, you will need to wait till the last day to turn-in and be up-to-date with the episodes released

@ThatAnimeFellow any listed in the several clubs referenced works. And yes for Outbreak Company

@Ginger_Snap only those listed : director (any), script and/or storyboard

@EmperorBlitz thanks for answering but please don't double post, just edit your last post

@jho0on_ please don't double post, just edit your last post

@zombie_pegasus @Lestat- @GamerDLM @PrOxAnto @SuiNoByakko
(I had an explanation there for this but it was removed...) Start Date is meant to be the date from which you started watching anime for the challenge. If you are using anime watched on Jan 01, then that's your start date. It was left like that in the Sign Up, but participants can change this.

@Lestat- yes, the Initial Post Number is something that shouldn't be updated

@chocolateparody Well, the idea of the challenge is to use new anime. While we don't encourage re-watching is up to you to do this. If you do, you have to completely watch the anime during the year and update both start/finish dates in the entry

---- Edit : if you notice someone in your sign up page with something wrong feel free to let them know here.... but do so with respect, be nice and all that. You can even quote this if you want
AWC_modJan 10, 2017 6:24 AM
Jan 10, 2017 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
⌜28⌝ Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game:

What do I have to use for reference?
The source on the anime page or the "adaptation" that's also linked on the anime page.

For example: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has visual novel as source and when I go to the "adaptation" it's manga.
I also know that the anime has both btw.
And as far as I can tell every adapatation is tagged as "manga" when I go to it.
PrOxAntoJan 10, 2017 6:44 AM
Jan 10, 2017 6:31 AM

Feb 2015
Jan 10, 2017 6:34 AM

Apr 2011
Could someone tell me some studios that have less than 50 shows under their name in MAL's database? No Trigger, please.
Jan 10, 2017 6:40 AM

Apr 2014
#59 challenger needs recommendations!

Much thanks in advance, and good luck with the challenge to everyone :D
Jan 10, 2017 6:47 AM

May 2009
PrOxAnto said:

The source on the anime page or the "adaptation" that's also linked on the anime page.

For example: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has visual novel as source and when I go to the "adaptation" it's manga.
And as far as I can tell every adapatation is tagged as "manga" when I go to it.

higurashi no naku koro ni was first a visual novel before getting an anime and manga. the anime is based on the VNs.
i'd interpret here that higurashi no naku koro ni was adapted from a VN.
deimoscodeJan 10, 2017 6:51 AM
Jan 10, 2017 6:48 AM

Sep 2016
Rodra said:
#59 challenger needs recommendations!

Much thanks in advance, and good luck with the challenge to everyone :D

From your PTW- Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan is really good
Jan 10, 2017 6:50 AM

Jun 2012
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Can someone recommend me any anime?
Jan 10, 2017 6:52 AM

Feb 2015
yhunata said:
Could someone tell me some studios that have less than 50 shows under their name in MAL's database? No Trigger, please.

White Fox
They made Re:Zero, Steins;Gate & so on
So they're pretty neat
Jan 10, 2017 6:55 AM

Feb 2015
goldenia said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Can someone recommend me any anime?

Yonbiw said:
#59 card, can you please recommend me any anime? Thanks in advance :3

Nichijou, Hataraku Maou-sama, Gintama
Jan 10, 2017 6:55 AM

Jan 2017
@PrOxAnto only the source field in the Information area

@OrangeMelon many thanks!! Will add them

@yhunata https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer
the number besides their name tells how many related anime they have
Jan 10, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2011
OrangeMelon said:
yhunata said:

White Fox
They made Re:Zero, Steins;Gate & so on
So they're pretty neat

Wait, what? White Fox has less than 50 shows under their belt? Wow, never knew that.

AWC_mod said:
@yhunata https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer
the number besides their name tells how many related anime they have

Oh yeah, I forgot you could do that. Thanks.
Jan 10, 2017 7:03 AM

Jan 2013
protoplasm said:
PrOxAnto said:

higurashi no naku koro ni was first a visual novel before getting an anime and manga. the anime is based on the VNs.
i'd interpret here that higurashi no naku koro ni was adapted from a VN.

AWC_mod said:
@PrOxAnto only the source field in the Information area

Good thanks! -
Now time for me to choose one of the 3 anime that are on my PTW and have the visual novel as source ^^
Jan 10, 2017 7:23 AM
Jan 2017
How do I find an anime that hasn't been reviewed yet? My restrictions are to TV types and I could honestly care less about what anime
jecamaJan 10, 2017 7:27 AM
Jan 10, 2017 7:28 AM

Apr 2011
jecama said:
How do I find an anime that hasn't been reviewed yet?

You just have to look, mate. Usually the ones with below 1000 completion are unlikely to have any reviews. Alternatively, start watching a newly airing show before any reviews can be written.
Jan 10, 2017 7:30 AM
Jan 2017
yhunata said:
jecama said:
How do I find an anime that hasn't been reviewed yet?

You just have to look, mate. Usually the ones with below 1000 completion are unlikely to have any reviews. Alternatively, start watching a newly airing show before any reviews can be written.

Lol, true I guess. Passed 3000 and most of these shows have reviews, so I guess I'm just gonna go the new series route.
Jan 10, 2017 7:33 AM

Apr 2011
jecama said:
yhunata said:

Lol, true I guess. Passed 3000 and most of these shows have reviews, so I guess I'm just gonna go the new series route.

The one I linked doesn't have a review and was officially released on Youtube. Why not watch it?
Jan 10, 2017 7:43 AM
Jan 2017
yhunata said:
jecama said:

The one I linked doesn't have a review and was officially released on Youtube. Why not watch it?

I can only watch TV episodes, not including specials, ovas etc :( but thanks
Jan 10, 2017 7:43 AM

May 2011
AWC_mod said:
(While in the middle of checking the sign ups I had to leave, so if this was fixed in the meantime sorry for the mention) -- From post #7 to #816

@Sonalisa the thing above about having 74 items listed

Sorry i didn't think I understand what you meant here ^^"
Jan 10, 2017 7:45 AM

Mar 2010
AWC_mod said:

Start Date is meant to be the date from which you started watching anime for the challenge. If you are using anime watched on Jan 01, then that's your start date. It was left like that in the Sign Up, but participants can change this.

Personally, I don't see how that explanation is different from what I said, so I have no idea if you tagged me just because I chipped in or to correct me. It's not like a start date before January 1st would be valid and also we don't have to use sign-up date as start date (which would be actually stupid and unfair as I mentioned before) but it is possible to use any date (but we can use anime started only after that date). Which is what I said in my post and then you tagged me saying the same thing so I'm just confused about the purpose of the tag.

I don't want to waste your time just asking for clarification if I misunderstood something.

EDIT:
Sonalisa said:

Sorry i didn't think I understand what you meant here ^^"

I could be wrong here but do you have 74 challenges listed in your sign-up post? Because you should have only 49, the ones on your bingo card.
SuiNoByakkoJan 10, 2017 7:50 AM
Jan 10, 2017 7:55 AM

Aug 2016
pliisetsky said:
I received the challenge #59 in my Bingo card, could anyone recommend me a series to watch? 
Thank you!

Since everyone else seems to have scrolled past your post...here:

- Akame Ga Kill
- Mirai Nikki
- Shuumatsu no Izetta
- Inu x Boku SS

Pick one, any one!
jyuushiJan 10, 2017 2:26 PM
Jan 10, 2017 7:57 AM
Jul 2016
So I manged to get both challenge 35 and 36 and I was wondering if I'm allowed to use 1 episode long series which only last 5 minutes?

Just asking because the only way I'm completing these two is by watching unbearably dull anime and I'd prefer to get it over and done with quickly.
Jan 10, 2017 8:03 AM

Jan 2013
Poke__ said:
So I manged to get both challenge 35 and 36 and I was wondering if I'm allowed to use 1 episode long series which only last 5 minutes?

Just asking because the only way I'm completing these two is by watching unbearably dull anime and I'd prefer to get it over and done with quickly.

You're allowed to use any anime entry as long as the rules dont state otherwise.
So yes it's allowed but for challenge 35 there's A LOT of good shows going around that just didn't get the amount of attention as other big anime do.
For challenge 36 it's not easy to even find one so again, you can use a 5 minute episode.
Jan 10, 2017 8:05 AM
Jul 2016
PrOxAnto said:
Poke__ said:

You're allowed to use any anime entry as long as the rules dont state otherwise.
So yes it's allowed but for challenge 35 there's A LOT of good shows going around that just didn't get the amount of attention as other big anime do.
For challenge 36 it's not easy to even find one so again, you can use a 5 minute episode.

Thanks, since you said that there are some good shows for 35 I'll delay that till later in the year to see if I come across anything that grabs my attention.
Jan 10, 2017 8:05 AM
May 2016
need a recomendation #59.........................................
Jan 10, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2010
Wallflower said:

Because I think you have the wrong idea. You can use anime from before your official sign up as long as you started it in 2017.

Um... no, I said that you can use only anime watched from the start date (which doesn't have to be the same as sign-up date). And that's also written in the mod post I quoted.
Jan 10, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2016
Challenge #59 challenge please!!!!
Jan 10, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2014
I have to watch an anime where the main character doesn't look human. I need examples of what I can use lol. Can they be a completely different race, like a humanoid animal?
Jan 10, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
Question: I signed up today, can I still use anime for the challenge that I started on the 01.01.2017? Should fall in the challenge period so i guess yes, but better asking :P

I also would like a recommendation for #59. Preferably a TV series with 12 or so episodes.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jan 10, 2017 8:48 AM
Jul 2016
how do i know my initial post number, i just dont get it i am so confused help plsss
Jan 10, 2017 8:49 AM

Apr 2016
@KizaNekamu Dude you posted it in the wrong thread.

Also, for 25. Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more, does Saiki K qualifies?
TheElevenTailsJan 10, 2017 8:59 AM
Jan 10, 2017 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
NightProwler said:
Hey everyone, I got the dreaded recommendation for #59 so ya! I need one. Edit : Yup...still need one.

Kiimiko said:
Thanks !

Hey nice list! Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?
I scrolled through this whole list, and i didnt see anyone rec you, so im sorry that nobody has gotten to you. I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33094/WWWWorking
SecretDinosaur said:
I have to watch an anime where the main character doesn't look human. I need examples of what I can use lol. Can they be a completely different race, like a humanoid animal?
Yes they can be different races, example Holo from Spice and Wolf, she is a fox god in humanoid form.

valoon said:
Question: I signed up today, can I still use anime for the challenge that I started on the 01.01.2017? Should fall in the challenge period so i guess yes, but better asking :P

I also would like a recommendation for #59. Preferably a TV series with 12 or so episodes.
Yes you can use anime started in 2017
here are some rec's:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5081/Bakemonogatari
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate_Zero
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4654/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index

KizaNekamu said:
Initial Post Number: <####>

🎮 Challenge Start Date: January ??, 2017
🎧 Challenge Finish Date: ?
🍙[b] Link to your list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/KizaNekamu
📡 Completed Anime (at sign-up): 639

🍡 Bingo Card #: 099
🍡 Difficulty: Emperor
🍡 Pattern: Full

🌠 Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

🌠 Challenge list:

Do not delete this post! If you want to withdraw, please delete the contents and put "Withdrawn".
Please do not format your form with a small/huge font size. Keep it readable.
You posted this in the wrong thread.... how is that possible... Unless im missing the hidden question.
Rahmaniz0123 said:
how do i know my initial post number, i just dont get it i am so confused help plsss
Look at the blue bar right above your post and on the right side there is a hashtag number. This post is post #1039
SojinJan 10, 2017 8:57 AM
Jan 10, 2017 9:00 AM

Apr 2016
Wallflower said:
TheElevenTails said:
@KizaNekamu Dude you posted it in the wrong thread.

Also, for 25. Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more, does Saiki K qualifies?
Yes as it has way more than 50 it qualifies, if you're looking to do tv type only it also qualifies for that.
Yes thanks, I thought that each ep. is like 4mins long and there are compiled 25 episodes too. Well, no worries, the query is cleared now.
Jan 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Mar 2010
Wallflower said:
" but it is possible to use any date (but we can use anime started only after that date)." talking about this part in particular. Even if say I put my start date is January 6th, the day I signed up. If I post an item that I started on the 3rd, it's not invalid because of my start date. Because I watched that item during the challenge period. The point being the start date is flexible, that's why it doesn't matter much if people leave it at January 1st.

The mod literally says the same thing as me.
"Start Date is meant to be the date from which you started watching anime for the challenge. If you are using anime watched on Jan 01, then that's your start date."
So, yes, you should use only anime seen from the start date. Or rather, your start date should be the date of the earliest watched anime that you are using for the challenged.
Jan 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
An FYI, the initial post numbers go off by 1 at #970. If you are there or after, you might want to double check.
Jan 10, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2014
NightProwler said:
Hey everyone, I got the dreaded recommendation for #59 so ya! I need one. Edit : Yup...still need one.

Kiimiko said:
Thanks !

Hey ^^
Sorry for my english, i'm french, but i post that i want a recomendation for my anime challenge, and i don't understand your answer "Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?" ??? It's for you or for me... ? It's a recomendation ? I don't know x))

And thank you for the nice list ^^
Jan 10, 2017 9:08 AM

Apr 2016
Wallflower said:
TheElevenTails said:
Yes thanks, I thought that each ep. is like 4mins long and there are compiled 25 episodes too. Well, no worries, the query is cleared now.
Unless runtime is specified in the item any length can be viewed. Also at turn in the inspector would go by the official episode count MAL has posted so even if it's been compiled it's fine.
Alright thanks, I appreciate it...
Jan 10, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2016
Kiimiko said:
NightProwler said:

Hey ^^
Sorry for my english, i'm french, but i post that i want a recomendation for my anime challenge, and i don't understand your answer "Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?" ??? It's for you or for me... ? It's a recomendation ? I don't know x))

And thank you for the nice list ^^
He was recommending you this anime.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/114/Sakigake_Cromartie_Koukou?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the hottest anime mom? (beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - 11 hours ago

13 by zckfox »»
56 seconds ago

» Anime characters you find attractive that many people won't agree with

IssyBoy - Apr 13

41 by 0arche »»
1 minute ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by ANormalUser »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 5 hours ago

13 by Nemo_Niemand »»
14 minutes ago

» MAL Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 14 minutes ago

0 by epsilono »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.