Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2011
"Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio."

My favourite studio is Artland, however the last five titles are not rated (N/A). Should I pick from the series that actually have a score, or must they include the ones that are not rated? It is unlikely that I will be able to even find these shows at all, and most of them are specials that are unrelated to anything I have previously watched.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 7, 2017 10:17 AM

Apr 2011
Bowie said:
Need a recommendation for 59, looking for something short (20 episodes or less pls) and possibly a hidden a gem/underrated please!
Thanks.

How about Flowers of Evil, Scrapped Princess, or Strange Dawn?
Jan 7, 2017 10:18 AM

Feb 2014
Lestat- said:
"Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio."

My favourite studio is Artland, however the last five titles are not rated (N/A). Should I pick from the series that actually have a score, or must they include the ones that are not rated? It is unlikely that I will be able to even find these shows at all, and most of them are specials that are unrelated to anything I have previously watched.

Well, in my case I went with option 1, the ones which have a score, knowing the challenge creator and the folks in the AWCs club, that's probably what they meant.
Jan 7, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
TrustTheFungus said:
Bowie said:
Need a recommendation for 59, looking for something short (20 episodes or less pls) and possibly a hidden a gem/underrated please!
Thanks.

How about Flowers of Evil, Scrapped Princess, or Strange Dawn?
I'll check them out, thanks for the recommendations!
Jan 7, 2017 10:31 AM
Jan 2016
can I get a rec from someone? Any genre will do really.
Jan 7, 2017 10:43 AM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
Is it necessary to specify "Started" and "Finished" dates in the challenges list, or is it completely optional?
Jan 7, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
chitochito said:
I hope you'd like Shigofumi, Kreyul.
It's a TV type with 12 eps.

Thank you for the recommendation ! (:
Jan 7, 2017 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Can somebody give me a recommendation? TV series, 1-2 cour, preferably something with not too many sequels and side stories (it's ok if it has a few, I just don't want a big franchise like Gundam or Monogatari series). Any genre will do.
Jan 7, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2015
I set myself a restriction to only watch TV anime this challenge. Since my favourite studio is Kyoto Animation, for the challenge "Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio'' should I consider the 5 lowest TV series or do I need to switch studios?

Thanks in advance
Jan 7, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2016
14.Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959
15.Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979

Anybody knows something that has less than 20 episodes?
Jan 7, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2009
xpandaslover said:

for #15 i'll be watching the first ginga tetsudou 999 movie

fuyuki said:
Can somebody give me a recommendation? TV series, 1-2 cour, preferably something with not too many sequels and side stories (it's ok if it has a few, I just don't want a big franchise like Gundam or Monogatari series). Any genre will do.

maybe shigofumi?
Jan 7, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2016
protoplasm said:
xpandaslover said:

I was thinking about Lupin III: Cagliostro no Shiro, but for 14 I didn't find anything
Jan 7, 2017 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
@AWC_mod I'll be donating a few badgess. Hyped for the challenge, thanks for doing this!

Edit: Shoot! Just realized I missed a word, I'm making edits. I'll update this in a bit with the corrections
Edit again: Done! Sorry for the inconvenience.
Fresh_MintJan 7, 2017 1:50 PM
Jan 7, 2017 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
xpandaslover said:
protoplasm said:

I was thinking about Lupin III: Cagliostro no Shiro, but for 14 I didn't find anything

I just used the start and end date search https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=0&score=0&status=0&p=0&r=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=1917&em=0&ed=0&ey=1959 and skimmed through the highest scores until I found some that were available.
Off hand I've checked Hakujaden, Chuumon no Ooi Ryouriten, Koneko no Rakugai, and Katsura Hime which all seemed to be available. Hakujaden being the longest and all of the others being under 20 minutes.
Jan 7, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2012
pokitos said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59?

Mistywind said:
Hey! Could I get a recommendation for 59? I'd prefer something around 12 to 13 episodes and I'll watch any genre.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been meaning to watch that one for a while.

If you are still in need of a recommendation, Boku dake ga Inai Machi is a good one.
Jan 7, 2017 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
72. Watch an anime that you can finish in one day

Considering the fact that I one-shot anime during the night (9PM -> 3AM) can we say it's done in one day ?

[Jan 07 to Jan 08] FREE : 72. Watch an anime that you can finish in one day : Himouto! Umaru-chan ✔

Reinhard von Lohengramm : "Constellations of stars that I am seeing for the first time... you are all only allowed to exist as objects for my conquest and rule. Just wait. "

Yang Wen-Li : Neither terrorism nor occultism have ever impacted history in any constructive way.

Ernst von Eisenach : Checkmate.
Jan 7, 2017 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
What are some highly rated anime that mainly take place outside of Japan? for #44
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2017 11:37 AM

Jul 2009
I need a recommendation for #59, thanks!
Jan 7, 2017 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
protoplasm said:
fuyuki said:

maybe shigofumi?

Thanks, I'll use this one.

#30characterslimit
Jan 7, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2016
GamerDLM said:
xpandaslover said:

I just used the start and end date search https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=0&score=0&status=0&p=0&r=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=1917&em=0&ed=0&ey=1959 and skimmed through the highest scores until I found some that were available.
Off hand I've checked Hakujaden, Chuumon no Ooi Ryouriten, Koneko no Rakugai, and Katsura Hime which all seemed to be available. Hakujaden being the longest and all of the others being under 20 minutes.

Thank you for the recommendations :)
Jan 7, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2009
CivilPsycho said:
What are some highly rated anime that mainly take place outside of Japan? for #44

how about gankutsuou, 91 days, gosick?

DarkMett said:
I need a recommendation for #59, thanks!

in your ptw i'd recommend-

perfect blue
mob psycho 100
sakamoto desu ga
nichijou
zankyou no terror

fuyuki said:

Thanks, I'll use this one.

#30characterslimit

i hope you enjoy it!

vv
Tangro said:
I need a recommendation for #59, thanks^_^

minami-ke
deimoscodeJan 7, 2017 11:51 AM
Jan 7, 2017 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
I need a recommendation for #59, thanks^_^
Jan 7, 2017 11:48 AM
Apr 2015
hello ! I want to donate some banners, how can I do it ? :o

Jan 7, 2017 11:50 AM

Aug 2016
Hello! I was going for Emperor with Master of Sci-Fi as my restriction. I noticed that there are no Sci-Fi anime made between 1917 and 1959. I also noticed that the "TV Types Only" restriction mentioned that breaking the rule was OK for #14. Would the same be the case for Sci-Fi?
Jan 7, 2017 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
Astia said:
hello ! I want to donate some banners, how can I do it ? :o
Just say " @AWC_mod I'll be donating a few badges " then upload the badges here with a spoiler tag like so.

Credit for the badges goes to @Fresh_Mint
Jan 7, 2017 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Mistywind said:
pokitos said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59?

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Thanks for the recommendation! I've been meaning to watch that one for a while.

If you are still in need of a recommendation, Boku dake ga Inai Machi is a good one.

Your welcome:D
And thanks for you too :D
Jan 7, 2017 12:02 PM

Oct 2016
in the challenge: Watch an anime with less than 5,000 completed members can it be a airing anime??
Jan 7, 2017 12:07 PM

Sep 2013
Lolsebca said:
I'm supposed to complete the 70th challenge :
Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope

I clicked once on random trope and I went to this page :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlantAliens

From all the anime listed here, it standed out :

Plant-based Digimon tend to be female. No explanation why is given, though- probably either some "mother nature" thing, or related to the fact that most plant digimon have a flower motif at some point. Grass-type Pokémon, however, are gender dimorphic.
Most plants (though by no means all) are Hermaphrodites, and it's doubtful that the Target Audience would understand that concept.

Does this mean I'm allowed to watch any Pokemon show about grass-type Pokemon? Such as Pokemon movie?
Also it was mentionned in the challenge list :
'- unless a specific title/anime is referenced, you can use any from the franchise mentioned. If the page says that the trope/examples shouldn't be used as one it won't be valid.'

If you klick on the link on DIGImon you will see that it links to the whole franchise, so you should be able to choose freely. Just maybe read a bit more thoroughly ;-).
Jan 7, 2017 12:09 PM
Apr 2015
@awc_mod, i'll be donating a few badges !

Jan 7, 2017 12:14 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
delija9091 said:
Lolsebca said:
I'm supposed to complete the 70th challenge :

I clicked once on random trope and I went to this page :
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlantAliens

From all the anime listed here, it standed out :

Does this mean I'm allowed to watch any Pokemon show about grass-type Pokemon? Such as Pokemon movie?
Also it was mentionned in the challenge list :
'- unless a specific title/anime is referenced, you can use any from the franchise mentioned. If the page says that the trope/examples shouldn't be used as one it won't be valid.'

If you klick on the link on DIGImon you will see that it links to the whole franchise, so you should be able to choose freely. Just maybe read a bit more thoroughly ;-).

But I hate Digimon and there is a reference to Pokemon :c

Jan 7, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2013
Lolsebca said:
delija9091 said:

Pokemon is also linked to the Franchise, so the same for Pokemon. Just click on the link and it shows you either Franchise/Name, Anime/Name, Manga/Name etc.
Jan 7, 2017 12:20 PM

May 2009
Lolsebca said:

that example talks about both digimon and pokemon so i'm guessing you can choose which one to watch.

Dec 2014
I need a recommendation for 59, thanks!

Jul 2009
protoplasm said:

in your ptw i'd recommend-

perfect blue
mob psycho 100
sakamoto desu ga
nichijou
zankyou no terror

Thanks for recommendation! I'll use one of this.
Jan 7, 2017 12:22 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
protoplasm said:
Lolsebca said:

that example talks about both digimon and pokemon so i'm guessing you can choose which one to watch.

But then does it imply I'm free to watch anything Pokemon related? Because I don't see any grass Pokemon that is an alien. At best there are Pokemon who are parasited, but not aliens... Do you think I should watch To-Love Ru or should I retry to random some more tropes?

Jan 7, 2017 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
Anyone know any good ones for #36? - Watch an anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"
Jan 7, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2016
TundraIB said:
Anyone know any good ones for #36? - Watch an anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"

It might not be up your ally but Fune wo Amu

Its currently got just under 10000 completed and just over 14000 plan to watch so it'll fit the challenge but like I said it might not be right for you.
Jan 7, 2017 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
TundraIB said:
You could watch Occultic;Nine here is the stats page https://myanimelist.net/anime/32962/Occultic_Nine/stats
Jan 7, 2017 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
Lolsebca said:
protoplasm said:

But then does it imply I'm free to watch anything Pokemon related? Because I don't see any grass Pokemon that is an alien. At best there are Pokemon who are parasited, but not aliens... Do you think I should watch To-Love Ru or should I retry to random some more tropes?
It says it needs to be listed under the trope, not that it needs to exactly include the trope, so I assume you can use any Pokemon title you want.

Also, I just want to make sure. :)
68. Watch an anime with a number in it's title
For this it actually has to be a number, like for example in titles Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season or 3-gatsu no Lion.

So titles like Shigatsu no Kimi no Uso, Natsume Yuujinchou Go or Sword Art Online II wouldn't work for this item despite basically including a number in the title in a way?
Jan 7, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2016
TundraIB said:

Longer anime tend to be the best candidates for this one. That, or any anime that just started airing. I'm actually not sure if you can use them.
Things that I found until now (I'm not including airing anime)
Gintama
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Monster
Koe no Katachi**
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Uchuu Kyoudai
Kemono no Souja Erin

**Note: there's no way to watch this right now, I'm pretty sure.

These are valid as of Jan 7 2017, there's no guarantee you'll be able to use them later. Watch them while you can.
Also, if anyone knows any anime like these, please add them. I think I have this requirement too.
KamidoxJan 7, 2017 12:48 PM
Jan 7, 2017 12:45 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
aifukola said:
Lolsebca said:

It says it needs to be listed under the trope, not that it needs to exactly include the trope, so I assume you can use any Pokemon title you want.

Also, I just want to make sure. :)
For this it actually has to be a number, like for example in titles Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season or 3-gatsu no Lion.

So titles like Shigatsu no Kimi no Uso, Natsume Yuujinchou Go or Sword Art Online II wouldn't work for this item despite basically including a number in the title in a way?

Actually I don't know. But why not watching : Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sure-me
It's a short-one, that I need to finish, very funny and awesome one.

Jan 7, 2017 12:46 PM
Jul 2010
I want to know why my card won't activate. I put in everything correctly and the link still isn't active.
Jan 7, 2017 12:46 PM

Mar 2016
aifukola said:

You could watch SAO II since it is using roman numerals
another example of an anime that you could use would be Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
Jan 7, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
Need an anime recommendation for #59
Main:
Bonus: x3
Jan 7, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2014
i need a recommendation for 59, thanks~
Jan 7, 2017 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
I also need a recommendation for 59 because yeah, preferably something character driven
LohuydahuttJan 7, 2017 1:06 PM
Jan 7, 2017 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC
Can I use Usagi Drop? Rin's profile gives two ages, but does she grow up in the anime or is that possibly a manga exclusive thing? Well, in any case it'll be much easier to find a title for this item than last year. :^)
Jan 7, 2017 1:14 PM

Sep 2016
AkumaQueen said:
Need an anime recommendation for #59

Kiznaiver
Ore Monogatari!!
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

Lohuydahutt said:
I also need a recommendation for 59 because yeah, preferably something character driven

Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Kiznaiver
No.6 (this has some shounen ai elements, I'm not 100% sure you would like that)
Kotonoha no Niwa

KamidoxJan 7, 2017 1:21 PM
Jan 7, 2017 1:16 PM

Mar 2016
aifukola said:
40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC
Can I use Usagi Drop? Rin's profile gives two ages, but does she grow up in the anime or is that possibly a manga exclusive thing? Well, in any case it'll be much easier to find a title for this item than last year. :^)
Rin stays a child in the anime, therefore you can use it!
Jan 7, 2017 1:26 PM

Dec 2014
serfe said:
i need a recommendation for 59, thanks~

Gakkougurashi!
Angel Beats!
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

34 by JKKH »»
4 minutes ago

» Reason versus emotion in the perception of anime

RobertBobert - Apr 14

6 by APolygons2 »»
14 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

173 by Serafos »»
20 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 4 hours ago

38 by Zettaiken »»
40 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

122 by neolucaman »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.