Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2017 10:46 PM

Apr 2016
Alright, thanks for your help @protoplasm.
Jan 6, 2017 10:52 PM

Apr 2008
TrustTheFungus said:
Plate said:
Need a recommendation for #59 as well.

How about Harmony, Strange Dawn, or Tale of the Street Corner?

Thanks dude, you're the real MVP. I'll probably watch Harmony.
Jan 6, 2017 10:55 PM

Feb 2009
Gymkata said:
Kipcha said:

That's actually one I watched just a few days ago, it was quite nice! Unfortunately already used it though

Yeah I missed that. Maybe Rahxephon or Gunbuster/Diebuster?

Alright, I'll use one of those, thank you!
Jan 6, 2017 11:03 PM

Jul 2015
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2017 11:18 PM

Jul 2014
chitochito said:
I hope you'd like Natsuyuki Rendezvous, koto.

Thanks for the recommendation however I have actually watched an episode of Natsuyuki Rendezvous last year and its currently on hold.

I do not know if the rules are different for this year's challenge however I believe you can only watch anime for this year so on hold/ dropped anime from previous years do not count. Can't seem to find the rule, can anyone help?

If you can't count on hold/dropped anime, can I get another recommendation?
Jan 6, 2017 11:18 PM

May 2009
chitochito said:

I just saw that you're going for the full card, i guess in your entry you should list them in the order from left to right (like you said: 51, 3,31) from top to bottom, sorry i think i had misundserstood your question. Im sleepy lol

@koto There is only 1 category/number which you can use on hold/dropped anime but yeah for the rest you have to watch it this year
deimoscodeJan 6, 2017 11:23 PM
Jan 6, 2017 11:21 PM
Nov 2014
Can someone recommend me an anime?
Thank you! :)
Jan 6, 2017 11:22 PM

Apr 2016
protoplasm said:
chitochito said:

I just saw that you're going for the full card, i guess in your entry you should list them in the order from left to right (like you said: 51, 3,31) from top to bottom, sorry i think i had misundserstood your question. Im sleepy lol

Noted, thank you for your help protoplasm ^^
Jan 6, 2017 11:23 PM
Oct 2016
Just like a lot of folks before, I need a recommendation to fulfill #59.

Thanks a lot ^__^

Also, how do I come into contact with MAL for #73? I only have Naruto: Shippuden as my only drop, and no on holds. Does anyone know when it's going to end? I know it's going to be a bear to finish when it does conclude.

Help would be appreciated.
Jan 6, 2017 11:27 PM

Jul 2014
protoplasm said:
@koto There is only 1 category/number which you can use on hold/dropped anime but yeah for the rest you have to watch it this year

Thanks, that's what I thought. Can I get another recommendation from someone?
Jan 6, 2017 11:28 PM

Jul 2015
hello i'm not sure but if you have for example #59 on your bingo card, do you need to do the challenge with the same number?

Jan 6, 2017 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
a-nm said:
hello i'm not sure but if you have for example #59 on your bingo card, do you need to do the challenge with the same number?

Assuming it's a part of the pattern you're going for, yes.
Jan 6, 2017 11:38 PM

Jul 2015
GamerDLM said:
a-nm said:

Assuming it's a part of the pattern you're going for, yes.

ohh nice!! thank you for answering!

Jan 6, 2017 11:41 PM

Apr 2016
koto said:
protoplasm said:

Thanks, that's what I thought. Can I get another recommendation from someone?

I apologize koto, I didn't check your on-hold and dropped list earlier.
I hope you'd like Hoshi no Koe.

And btw, may I have a rec for anime, as well :">
Thanks in advance
Jan 6, 2017 11:43 PM

Jun 2012
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Can anyone recommend me a good action anime? Preferably a movie or 1 cour in length series. Thanks

Also does anyone know of a series that fits this challenge?
36. Watch an anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"

Jan 6, 2017 11:47 PM

May 2015
Recommendation for #59, please. Thanks in advance.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 7, 2017 12:03 AM

Apr 2016
Dadarklord1109 said:

Can anyone recommend me a good action anime? Preferably a movie or 1 cour in length series. Thanks

#59. I hope you'd like Jin-Rou

#36. How about Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen. You have to wait until it finish though. Also, if you want to use the anime, please make sure you make a screenshot of the anime stat, just in case.
Jan 7, 2017 12:11 AM

Oct 2014
Dadarklord1109 said:

Towa no Quon is a great action anime. It's 6 films, 48 minutes each. You might be able to fit the sequels into your challenge, but if not you sure still check them out later.

All "elitist" anime like LoGH, Aria the Animation, and Tatami Galaxy have this property. Recently completed anime will also be like this, but by the time you finish the challenge they likely won't be. Find any anime with over a 7.8 that has under 100k members and you'll likely find more.
Jan 7, 2017 12:26 AM

Jul 2012
Hey! Could I get a recommendation for 59? I'd prefer something around 12 to 13 episodes and I'll watch any genre.
Jan 7, 2017 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59?

Mistywind said:
Hey! Could I get a recommendation for 59? I'd prefer something around 12 to 13 episodes and I'll watch any genre.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Jan 7, 2017 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
Just as a preemptive question, do we really need to edit the bingo card for turn-in in the event that the pattern can't be rotated or inverted (Ie. Diamond or Full Card)?
It just seems unnecessarily tedious so I was kind of wondering what was the specific purpose outside of that specific exception.
Jan 7, 2017 12:55 AM

Jun 2015
Can someone PM me on how to join the 2017 anime challenge and help me please?

I don't get the bingo part and how to sign up XD
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 7, 2017 12:56 AM

Nov 2014
For Number 41 - Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human, does Holo from Ookami to Koushinryou count? Here's the character - https://myanimelist.net/character/7373/Holo
Jan 7, 2017 1:04 AM

Mar 2016
TundraIB said:
For Number 41 - Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human, does Holo from Ookami to Koushinryou count? Here's the character - https://myanimelist.net/character/7373/Holo
I'd say holo counts.
damn 30 character count
Jan 7, 2017 1:08 AM

Jun 2015
EDITED

sorry posted signup form on wrong thread ;-; opening the discussion and signup thread next to each other.
Jan 7, 2017 1:09 AM
Jan 2014
Can any of you fine folks recommend me an anime?
Jan 7, 2017 1:23 AM

Feb 2015
@RandomGeekStuff
- Add an "Initial Post Number" in place of <####>. In your case it should be "181".

- You should remove the < > after you insert any of your information.
For example in your case:
Change "http://myanimelist.net/animelist/<RandomGeekStuff>" to "http://myanimelist.net/animelist/RandomGeekStuff".
Do the same for the rest...

- For the "Bingo Card" replace the two <XXX> with your card number.
Jan 7, 2017 1:23 AM

Mar 2016
Takamura-sama said:

Alright friend i will tell you how to understand this mindblowing concept!
First! you get your bingo card
here is mine

Second! You decided on your Pattern: Im going to use the Emperor Difficulty just for explanations sake (Emperor means im doing the entire card)

Third! Matching your bingo card numbers
explanation: On your bingo card there are 49 spaces total, 48 unique number and 1 free space. Your bingo card will contain 48 randomly unique numbers ranging from 1 to 74. Now you match your number to the challenge list. The numbers on your bingo card will be the "challenges" that you complete.

After you match your 48 numbers to the challenge list your post should look like this. Ofcourse im using my list so i have edited a few things
SojinJan 7, 2017 1:26 AM
Jan 7, 2017 1:27 AM
Jul 2016
So I rolled challenge 59 and need a recommendation, Thanks in advanced.
Jan 7, 2017 1:29 AM

Jun 2015
Sojin said:
Takamura-sama said:

Alright friend i will tell you how to understand this mindblowing concept!
First! you get your bingo card
here is mine

Second! You decided on your Pattern: Im going to use the Emperor Difficulty just for explanations sake (Emperor means im doing the entire card)

Third! Matching your bingo card numbers
explanation: On your bingo card there are 49 spaces total, 48 unique number and 1 free space. Your bingo card will contain 48 randomly unique numbers ranging from 1 to 74. Now you match your number to the challenge list. The numbers on your bingo card will be the "challenges" that you complete.

After you match your 48 numbers to the challenge list your post should look like this. Ofcourse im using my list so i have edited a few things

Thanks this makes more sense to me than the other dude who explained me in PM.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 7, 2017 1:30 AM

Apr 2008
Poke__ said:

Can't tell if you've seen them, but either Gate or Steins;Gate.
Jan 7, 2017 1:31 AM

Mar 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Sojin said:

Thanks this makes more sense to me than the other dude who explained me in PM.
Well im glad i was able to help since it took me over 10 minutes to explain/type all this ^_^
SojinJan 7, 2017 1:35 AM
Jan 7, 2017 1:34 AM

Mar 2016
Albrey said:
Can any of you fine folks recommend me an anime?
I recommend you Nagi no Asukara or Kuroko no Basket
Jan 7, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2016
Well i would like a recommendation for the Challenge
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread :

so please recommend an anime for me suitable with my ratings in my list and i'd preffer one that isn't above 50 episodes since im mostly not into those animes ;)

Jan 7, 2017 1:42 AM
Jul 2016
Plate said:
Poke__ said:

Can't tell if you've seen them, but either Gate or Steins;Gate.

Already seen Steins;Gate but the other gate looks interesting so I'll be watching it, thanks.
Jan 7, 2017 1:42 AM

Mar 2016
I_Donut said:

so please recommend an anime for me suitable with my ratings in my list and i'd preffer one that isn't above 50 episodes since im mostly not into those animes ;)
You might like Plastic Memories. Oh and while your at it im in need of a recommendation as well, if you would be so kind ^_^
Jan 7, 2017 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
About the free part, this one:
[Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>] FREE : <##>. <Item Text> : <anime_title>

I choose whatever I want myself or what?
Jan 7, 2017 1:44 AM

Mar 2016
Darek said:
[Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>] FREE : <##>. <Item Text> : <anime_title>

Correct just pick a challenge that you want to do.
Jan 7, 2017 1:45 AM

Mar 2015
AWC_mod said:
Jesshaleth said:
Hey so, for #62, "Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed", is it fine if I start watching it before it has any reviews? Or do I have to FINISH it before it has any reviews, because if I'm most of the way through a series and then someone posts a review, and then I try again, and then...THAT COULD GET OLD FAST XD

No, as long as you start before it gets one you are set. Do remember to state the date for comparison

Perfect, thank you!

ToramOnline said:
Jesshaleth said:

Also I would love a recommendation, I'll rec you one back (I haven't seen all that much but I'll do my best!)

I think you would enjoy Fate/stay night: Unlimited blade works (2014)

Thanks, I think I would too, it looks great!

idk if you have a rec yet, but looking at your list I think you might enjoy Zankyou no Terror, Joker Game, or Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?
Jan 7, 2017 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Sojin said:
Darek said:

Correct just pick a challenge that you want to do.

Oh, thank you, I'll get to it in a few bits.
Jan 7, 2017 1:49 AM
Jan 2014
Thank you very much for you recommendation!!!!!!! :)
Jan 7, 2017 1:49 AM

Dec 2013
I_Donut said:

It's a movie but I've a feeling you'd like Only Yesterday. Tonally sim to Marnie.
Jan 7, 2017 1:50 AM

Dec 2016
Sojin said:
I_Donut said:

You might like Plastic Memories. Oh and while your at it im in need of a recommendation as well, if you would be so kind ^_^

hey sojin,
im sorry ive taken an quick look into your anime list aswell and it seemed u were in some fan-service so maybe u should try 'To-Love ru' atleast if my guess was right but if that was wrong u MIGHT like strike the blood

Jan 7, 2017 1:52 AM

Dec 2016
Gymkata said:
I_Donut said:

It's a movie but I've a feeling you'd like Only Yesterday. Tonally sim to Marnie.

well i posted my question for an anime recommendation after i finished that anime xD so its such a coincidence i personally loved it i rated it 10/10

Jan 7, 2017 1:52 AM

Mar 2016
I_Donut said:
Sojin said:

hey sojin,
im sorry ive taken an quick look into your anime list aswell and it seemed u were in some fan-service so maybe u should try 'To-Love ru' atleast if my guess was right but if that was wrong u MIGHT like strike the blood
HAHAHAHA, that actually brought me to tears from laughing so hard. To-Love Ru, huh? alright i will go with that since i have already seen Strike the Blood, Thanks
Jan 7, 2017 2:02 AM

Dec 2013
I_Donut said:
Gymkata said:

well i posted my question for an anime recommendation after i finished that anime xD so its such a coincidence i personally loved it i rated it 10/10

Nice lol. Those two are prob my favorite Ghiblis. Loved Marnie's orchestral OST. Beautiful.
Jan 7, 2017 2:09 AM
Jan 2015
If we started watching an old anime in 2016, but finished it in 2017 (lets Say I re-watched AoT starting december 2016 and will finish somewhere this weekend) can we use it for one of the entries of the list of this challenge?

Also the same anime cant be used twice for different entries right?

PS: Rewatching an anime in 2017 counts towards the challenge right?
Jan 7, 2017 2:12 AM

Jun 2015
Sojin said:
I_Donut said:

hey sojin,
HAHAHAHA, that actually brought me to tears from laughing so hard. To-Love Ru, huh? alright i will go with that since i have already seen Strike the Blood, Thanks

Sorry, but sojin, could you check if I did it right XD

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=200 last reply.
Jan 7, 2017 2:13 AM

Mar 2016
kuruma2 said:
If we started watching an old anime in 2016, but finished it in 2017 (lets Say I re-watched AoT starting december 2016 and will finish somewhere this weekend) can we use it for one of the entries of the list of this challenge?

To my understanding Re-watches dont count, the point of the challenge is to watch new things.

No. Only anime you started watching during the challenge period (January 1, 2017 - December 24, 2017). The only exception to this is the challenge item of on-hold/dropped anime. (this was copy and pasted from the FAQ by the original poster)
Jan 7, 2017 2:15 AM
Jan 2015
Sojin said:
kuruma2 said:

To my understanding Re-watches dont count, the point of the challenge is to watch new things.

No. Only anime you started watching during the challenge period (January 1, 2017 - December 24, 2017). The only exception to this is the challenge item of on-hold/dropped anime. (this was copy and pasted from the FAQ by the original poster)

Okay thanks, on that case, Ill start with 0 :p
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 56 minutes ago

9 by Dije »»
4 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

120 by FFandMMfan »»
5 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 5 hours ago

14 by Kenzolo-folk »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 1 hour ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 48 minutes ago

5 by Archean-Return »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.