Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (58) « First ... « 56 57 [58]
Jan 5, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2011
Latest disappointment would have to be Eve no Jikan. I don't really know what it was, but I really did not like it. I was going "whatever" at just about every other scene. Honestly, if it hadn't been for the fact that I was strapped for time in the 2016 Anime Watching Challenge, I'd have dropped it quite early on.

JizzyHitler said:
Yuri on ice really left me feeling cold. It started off so good and with so much heart but it loses its way around 5 episodes in. Regardless of whether it was queerbait or actually gay the "romance" really ruined the show

Was that a
yhunataJan 5, 2017 7:56 AM
Jan 5, 2017 7:48 AM

Jun 2011
Nunnally03 said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

Do you need an explanation?

Kay so watch Junjo Romantica.
Watch Love Stage.
Watch Free!
Watch Cheer Boys.

Do you get it now? And you could watch Gravitation because that is actually the "healthiest" relationship before Doukyuusei came out. And Don't say "but what about No. 6" Well... watch that too.. because No. 6 and Neon Genesis Evangelion like all unmarked Shonen all all have the same issues...

Do you get it now? This is just... what a desperate fanbase of two different genres has been screaming for. Boy sports and shonen ai. It has been incredibly frustrating. That is all. This is just the only one to fix issues we have had for a long long time. Sure, Cheer Boys fixed the problem of the characters never seeming to have a proper coach... but Yuri on Ice... just is superior in every way. Really you could just watch Free... then watch Yuri on Ice. And you will go... yeah I get it.

What people liked about it was instead of the characters tearing each other down like in so many shonen ai... was that they lifted each other up... promoted confidence. There was a good coach. Good music. There were so many references to real skaters, there was beat for beat, everything being made better about every other boy sports show but also every shonen ai show. It became the trope killer. All while having a Shinji, an Asuka and a Kaworu... it was pretty funny.

You asked "Do you need an explanation" but eventually explained even without me replying to you yet, you shouldn't have ask if "I need an explanation" if you were going to do that eventually.

Also Explanation about? How I should feel the same way as you do? on why I shouldn't FEEL disappointed? Ok let me teach my heart how I should feel then, since that is what you explained about.

Kay so watch Junjo Romantica.
Watch Love Stage.
Watch Free!
Watch Cheer Boys.

Also mind you, I watched them already, so what is your problem? that you think I need an explanation?

Don't take people who can't like what you like for an idiot, just because they didn't like your favorite anime, doesn't mean they didn't understand it - because that will make you look like a retard, actually reading your post...are you drunk? You just blabbered things that doesn't make sense.

OK it does make sense. And don't call me retarded. I am autistic. Anyway. If you can't see that the reason why it became popular is simply because it was doing something fans wanted for a long time, and were surprised that the relationship even happened at all- then I really can't help you. I honestly didn't expect anything to happen between Victor and Yuri... I expected things to be like they have always been in boy sports anime. "Close" But nothing ever happens... And if you don't understand why there would be hype about a series that finally gives a fanbase what they always wanted for Christmas... ILike seriously how can you even be into anime and not get that is why it got popular?

You said you didn't understand why it was hyped so much. I told you why.

I am not saying you can't feel disappointed. But to say you don't know why it was hyped or that it doesn't deserve it, is just silly.
Energetic-NovaJan 5, 2017 7:56 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 5, 2017 7:52 AM
Apr 2014
I didn't like Diamond is Unbreakable as much as Battle Tendency or Stardust Crusaders.
Jan 5, 2017 7:58 AM

Jun 2011
ixaa said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Orange... Forced Romance. Being suicidal doesn't mean you get a girlfriend.

Being suicidal doesn't mean you should be deprived of romantic experiences either.
yes. But giving up the love of your life just so some guy doesn't kill himself was really forced. They could have just been his friend.
Jan 5, 2017 8:00 AM

Dec 2015
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Nunnally03 said:

You asked "Do you need an explanation" but eventually explained even without me replying to you yet, you shouldn't have ask if "I need an explanation" if you were going to do that eventually.

Also Explanation about? How I should feel the same way as you do? on why I shouldn't FEEL disappointed? Ok let me teach my heart how I should feel then, since that is what you explained about.

Also mind you, I watched them already, so what is your problem? that you think I need an explanation?

Don't take people who can't like what you like for an idiot, just because they didn't like your favorite anime, doesn't mean they didn't understand it - because that will make you look like a retard, actually reading your post...are you drunk? You just blabbered things that doesn't make sense.

OK it does make sense. And don't call me retarded. I am autistic. Anyway. If you can't see that the reason why it became popular is simply because it was doing something fans wanted for a long time, and were surprised that the relationship even happened at all- then I really can't help you. I honestly didn't expect anything to happen between Victor and Yuri... I expected things to be like they have always been in boy sports anime. "Close" But nothing ever happens... And if you don't understand why there would be hype about a series that finally gives a fanbase what they always wanted for Christmas... ILike seriously how can you even be into anime and not get that is why it got popular?

You replied in a post that I posted months ago because you misunderstood it as me saying that I do not understand why it's popular?

Let me explain to you what I meant by that post then.
Yuri on Ice disappoint me - the anime itself; with all the hype and attention that it got- with lots of people saying "it's the best", I expected for it to be at least better than that, but it wasn't - so I am disappointed, got it?
Jan 5, 2017 8:02 AM

Jun 2011
Nunnally03 said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

You replied in a post that I posted months ago because you misunderstood it as me saying that I do not understand why it's popular?

Yuri on Ice disappoint me - the anime itself; with all the hype and attention that it got- with lots of people saying "it's the best", I expected for it to be at least better than that, but it wasn't - so I am disappointed, got it?

Well, you also rated it low. I looked at your ratings first before I responded to you. You scored it with "4" Bad. So why is it a "bad" show and not an "average" show to you or a "fine" show to you? if all it did was disappoint?

Granted- the animation was so bad in episode 11 I couldn't give it the score I wanted to give it. I was not blind to it's issues.
Jan 5, 2017 8:09 AM

Dec 2015
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Nunnally03 said:

Well, you also rated it low. I looked at your ratings first before I responded to you. You scored it with "4" Bad. So why is it a "bad" show and not an "average" show to you or a "fine" show to you? if all it did was disappoint?

Granted- the animation was so bad in episode 11 I couldn't give it the score I wanted to give it. I was not blind to it's issues.

So because you think it's good then everyone should also feel the same? If you like it that much then that's fine, but I don't and nothing will change that. You are free to rate any anime however you want to rate and the same goes for me.

As you can see, I just finished Yuri on Ice yesterday - I struggled so hard to complete that series, I almost want to drop it.

Remember this: We all have different preferences, just because you like something, doesn't mean everyone will feel the same.

Jan 5, 2017 8:18 AM

Jun 2016
KumaMiko... (Feel relieved yet? Hell no!!)
Glasslip... (Huh? so what's the plot again)
Pupa... (WTFF IS THISSSS!! Carnal desire??)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2011
Nunnally03 said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

So because you think it's good then everyone should also feel the same? If you like it that much then that's fine, but I don't and nothing will change that. You are free to rate any anime however you want to rate and the same goes for me.

As you can see, I just finished Yuri on Ice yesterday - I struggled so hard to complete that series, I almost want to drop it.

Remember this: We all have different preferences, just because you like something, doesn't mean everyone will feel the same.

Yes but you don't seem to dislike it for the same reasons a lot of people do. I am curious as to why.

I am not saying to change your score or anything like that. I like reccing anime to people and I just reced gravitation to someone who loved Yuri on Ice and she loved it. And I thought that was like a married thing.

I know people love to rec Madoka to people who love Eva but that actually is a huge mistake. Better to rec Princess Tutu or Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Is it because Victor is Too Flawless?
Jan 5, 2017 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Nunnally03 said:

Yes but you don't seem to dislike it for the same reasons a lot of people do. I am curious as to why.

I am not saying to change your score or anything like that. I like reccing anime to people and I just reced gravitation to someone who loved Yuri on Ice and she loved it. And I thought that was like a married thing.

I know people love to rec Madoka to people who love Eva but that actually is a huge mistake. Better to rec Princess Tutu or Revolutionary Girl Utena.
That wasn't how your questions sounded like though.
Also, as far as I know this is not the Yuri on Ice thread, so why are you expecting a full evaluation of the anime here?
I got some people who also asked me what I think about it and I gave them a proper reply, you could've also done the same, you could've PM me or post a comment on my profile to ask about that so I could tell you why instead of suddenly babbling things.

Nunnally03Jan 5, 2017 8:31 AM
Jan 5, 2017 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Im reading the novel at volume 3 atm which has total 5 volumes, I didnt know it has an anime adaptation till recently I checked it. I was so hype expecting this one gonna be good but meh.

Even since I watched the 1st episode it was dissapointing for me, why?
because they change the MC's personality, this anime kinda of turning the story into shoujo and romance yet the novel kinda of far from that so far im reading volume 3 which more of thriller, horror and mystery(even if there is romance inside but it appear so thin in the novel). Less intense than the novel, also they change some of the story and the ghost description and make it look dumb.
EufieJan 5, 2017 8:41 AM
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Jan 13, 2017 8:02 AM

Apr 2012
Show by Rock S2

the story was too rushed

so much potential wasted..
great music, good character
Jan 13, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2016
Your Lie in April

It was handled with the subtlety of a jackhammer, if that jackhammer was Star Platinum angrily punching things.

It's too predictable. I knew how most things would play out within the first five episodes.

Could've been better with a fine chisel. Or a drill.

Definitely the drill.
onetruejafarJan 13, 2017 1:42 PM
Ravioli ravioli, Kirito will not touch the loli.
Jan 13, 2017 2:00 PM

Jun 2016
HxH,

it felt quite boring and repetitive, in addition to having some of the dullest arcs I've seen. It felt like nothing but training for me.
Jan 13, 2017 3:56 PM

Jul 2014
AbsoulHero said:
HxH,

it felt quite boring and repetitive, in addition to having some of the dullest arcs I've seen. It felt like nothing but training for me.

Yup felt the same way, I would of been ok with the excessive training arcs but it also had some of the weakest fight I've seen in a battle shounen. Why waste the time of the viewer with countless training and explanations about nen when the fights are trash.
Jan 13, 2017 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
Battery, I found no sport anime, nor Slice of Life. A real pain to finish it, maybe more than Classroom Crisis

Reinhard von Lohengramm : "Constellations of stars that I am seeing for the first time... you are all only allowed to exist as objects for my conquest and rule. Just wait. "

Yang Wen-Li : Neither terrorism nor occultism have ever impacted history in any constructive way.

Ernst von Eisenach : Checkmate.
Jan 13, 2017 7:28 PM
Jan 2017
Honestly all the animes I watch always finish too early so I always have to find new animes and I'd say that takes me about a week so the biggest disappointment would be The Legend Of The Legendary Heroes because it finished too early😭😩😂
Jan 13, 2017 7:45 PM

Sep 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
Wintovisky said:
Akatsuki no Yona - great visuals, yes. Characters are okay, I guess. But we got 24 episodes and nothing to make the plot go further happens. In the end, after all the journey, the princess didn't even have a resolve. Overrated. Next season might "fix" it, though (if we get one).

The anime was just a prologue. It's aim was basically to gather all the dragons to aid Yona in her quest. Read the manga; a war is brewing.

Also did we watch the same series? Yona already stepped out of her naivety and found the resolve to kill someone because it was necessary.

Yona stepped up? Up to end she was still crying everytime she showed some moment of "bravery" (like when she got seaside city dragon's loyalty). And then some of the males go there and hugs her after. The anime tries to show her courage, but in reality she is just a weak little girl (for no more less than 20 episodes). Oh, and no, showing "beast eyes" is not bravery, it's just bullshit, especially when it happens 3 times in the anime for plot reasons (~~shows angry eyes -> 5 grown up men with weapons startle for 10s for no reason -> literally runs into them, picks up the flame, goes back to the place she was before and uses it -> ??? -> profit!~~).

In reality, Yona's only quality is that she is cute and nice. There is no other reason people follow her (apart from that and her sacred blood, of course). That's why the show is worse than Arslan Senki (at least our silver haired boy does something to achieve people's trust, takes an attitude when necessary without crying like a little kid after, has a resolve even after he gets fucked up by his own father).

How much people did she kill apart from the last guy? I honestly only remember this one instance (which I stormed through because watching 20 episodes in normal speed was a torture). If that's the case, no, she didn't stepped out of her naivety, because: a) all of the above; b) again, no plan and probably thinks she can take a capital with her "dragons" (please don't tell me they will actually do that in the manga).

Finally, it doesn't matter if it was a prologue: 24 episodes to do almost nothing.

Don't get me wrong, this show doesn't portray at all a strong female protagonist like people like to say. I wish people would give a try to Juuni Kokuki...

Sorry for the late reply, I don't have notifications turned on.
WintoviskyJan 13, 2017 7:49 PM
Jan 13, 2017 7:58 PM

Oct 2012
Nana...
I was so, so looking forward to watching this and assumed it would be something I'd love after finishing. But boy was I wrong! I went from liking a few of characters, to not really liking any of them. Don't get me wrong, I wanted some of them to succeed or reach some state of peace or make amends, but holy shit, by the end, there's so many unresolved things! Pretty much every character, save one that wasn't even a main character, left off on a note where it felt as though they were left behind without given proper conclusions to their arcs. Where it ended up, I would had been fine if it was the middle act of their development, but not as the FINAL act! I got blindsided by a "welp, too lazy to make proper original ending, just go and read the manga sucker!!" ending...

Dammit, I wasted my time with this, which is a shame since it's given a lot of praise for something that felt unfinished. It has some great moments of portraying the ugliness of relationships, but that's about all it did.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 14, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
Mekakucity Actors

My cousin really liked it so I gave it a shot, ended up giving it a 6/10. It was still pretty fun to watch, but lame how you pretty much HAD to have known what Kagerou Project is, and everything around it to understand the story of MCA 100%. There are sites and blogs dedicated to explaining whats happening each episode, but to me that's not worth it.
Jan 15, 2017 4:46 AM

Mar 2009
Steins;Gate
Though, I guess it took me some time to get started with it.
I was half expecting to watch a masterpiece, given all the love and hype it gets. In the end, it was good but it was not that great.
It's not like I dislike popular shows, I mean I like Death Note enough to have it on my favorites. But I cannot understand what is it that people love about Steins;Gate. I dislike FMA:B but I understand how people like it, for example. I dislike Attack on Titan too but I can see why it's popular. Well, I can't see it with Steins;Gate, it's just... nothing special. It feels very random that it's the one anime liked by so many and rated so highly.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jan 15, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2016
mattao313 said:
AbsoulHero said:
HxH,

Yup felt the same way, I would of been ok with the excessive training arcs but it also had some of the weakest fight I've seen in a battle shounen. Why waste the time of the viewer with countless training and explanations about nen when the fights are trash.

Because HxH is (with the exception of the ants arc) not exactly a battle-shonen.
Jan 15, 2017 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
nry said:
mattao313 said:

Because HxH is (with the exception of the ants arc) not exactly a battle-shonen.

Eh it felt like one to me, wanting to get stronger, meeting strong foes, countless explanations of nen also the stories aren't really good enough to carry the show.

If it had a better story with some good twist like FMAB it would have been better.
Jan 15, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2013
mattao313 said:
nry said:

Eh it felt like one to me, wanting to get stronger, meeting strong foes, countless explanations of nen also the stories aren't really good enough to carry the show.

If it had a better story with some good twist like FMAB it would have been better.

Not to talk about Gon, a totally generic shounen protagonist. At least until Chimera Ants started. But after Greed Island it doesn't matter anymore because the anime goes to complete shit.
Jan 15, 2017 2:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
So far, Magi has been pretty meh
With the setting and all that i thought it would be a fun watch but after only 6 episodes im already struggling to keep watching it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 15, 2017 7:30 PM

Sep 2013
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. I had great expectations for it, but...

The fairies simply aren't interesting enough; actually, they are boring. You can say the same thing about the main character, who is boring from the start to the end. They even tried to give her some backstory in the last two episodes, which was a totally mess and, again, not interesting at all. In these two episodes, we are introduced to her school friends, who are all boring (and exaggerated creepy) as well. There isn't a single remarkable character. The social commentary could've been good if they focused it more, in a dynamic way (by not showing the same thing all the time like they did), instead of boring the viewer with uninteresting stories (Y arc, Joshu-san introduction arc, Watashi's young days arc). The world building is decent, but not enough. There is not a (real) plot as well. Amazing animation style and Watashi's seiyuu is really good, though. But yea, that's about it.
Jan 15, 2017 7:48 PM

Oct 2012
So far, it would have to be RahXephon, though I'm done yet with it; just a few more episodes to go.

What's killing the experience? These characters. Best way I could describe them is to imagine them as magnets with the same poles facing each other or two parallel lines. There's hardly any sort of bonding going on, as instead, it feels like these characters are developing independently (though not in compelling ways) from each other and therefore it lacks development where they play each other's flaws/strengths through interaction. Everything is just very one-sided and uninteresting.

Evangelion may be an anime about how we tend to build these walls around us to keep others at a distance, but jesus, at least these characters were talking to each other and not at each other. Asuka was abusive towards Shinji, Shinji and Misato bickered, Rei and Asuka got on each other's nerves, etc. These developments played off each other via these interactions. In RahXephon? Nothing is meshing together. So, so disappointing.

Jan 17, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2016
Free!! I mean, it wasn't bad at all, but with all the hype it has, I was expecting quality along the lines of KnB or Haikyuu, but it didn't come close to being as good as them.
Jan 17, 2017 2:06 PM

Oct 2014
Shoryu said:
So far, it would have to be RahXephon, though I'm done yet with it; just a few more episodes to go.

What's killing the experience? These characters. Best way I could describe them is to imagine them as magnets with the same poles facing each other or two parallel lines. There's hardly any sort of bonding going on, as instead, it feels like these characters are developing independently (though not in compelling ways) from each other and therefore it lacks development where they play each other's flaws/strengths through interaction. Everything is just very one-sided and uninteresting.

Evangelion may be an anime about how we tend to build these walls around us to keep others at a distance, but jesus, at least these characters were talking to each other and not at each other. Asuka was abusive towards Shinji, Shinji and Misato bickered, Rei and Asuka got on each other's nerves, etc. These developments played off each other via these interactions. In RahXephon? Nothing is meshing together. So, so disappointing.

so rahxephon is not the newer and better version of evangelion?
this news is surprise of the year for me
Jan 17, 2017 2:11 PM

Oct 2014
mattao313 said:
nry said:

?
what anime were you watching none of the character objevtives is to just get stronger
and the challenge present by the foes did not derive simply from they being strong but from to deal with the enemy ability entire yorknew arc the mains are way weaker than the trope but they managed to get qround this disadvantages with solid strategy
Jan 17, 2017 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso
Everyone seems to love it but I just don't feel the connection to any of the characters and I hate the main male lead, he is so freaking dense.
No.6
It had so much potential but it wasn't well developed
Jan 17, 2017 2:46 PM

Jul 2014
gabrielrroiz said:

?
what anime were you watching none of the character objevtives is to just get stronger
and the challenge present by the foes did not derive simply from they being strong but from to deal with the enemy ability entire yorknew arc the mains are way weaker than the trope but they managed to get qround this disadvantages with solid strategy

Jan 17, 2017 2:51 PM
Dec 2013
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. I thought it was an okay show until I watched the last episode. It's one of the worst endings I've seen in an anime, and made the anime overall a disappointment for me. The last couple of minutes just ruined the entire series for me, making me drop my score for the show. The worst thing about it is that it was very close to having a satisfying ending.
wildhoodJan 17, 2017 3:14 PM
Jan 17, 2017 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
gabrielrroiz said:
Shoryu said:

It manages to be even more convoluted than Evangelion. Cast is too large, and therefore development is pretty surface level and spread thinly. Not to mention, it has this romance angle that Evangelion lacked, which is cool and all, but the issue is that again, when the cast is rather large, it kept shying away from romance elements, as it was drowned by haphazardly giving screen time to these boring characters.

To me, I think RahXehpon is an anime with an identity crisis; it wants to remix scenes from Evangelion, and even sing similar themes, and then on the other hand, it's trying to separate itself from being too close to Evangelion, but in execution, it extends with minimal reach.

I just watched RahXephon's "summary" movie, which was not your average recap movie, but more so, a remixed recap movie where they changed or removed certain elements/characters and produced an alternate ending from the TV series. You know what's sad? This two hour movie, to me, corrected a lot of issues I had with the 26 episode run time. The biggest improvement was adding some depth to the romance lacking in the TV series; while the romance isn't perfect or anything in the movie, it's at least a vast improvement and actually somewhat emotionally engaging. It also, out of the inherent quality of being a movie, trimmed down on the screen time on side characters, or even having certain characters entirely removed. HUGE PLUS! By doing so, the romance angle and development between the two leads was brought into better focus.

The movie also had better editing and more 'punch' to its scenes. In the TV series, the way it was edited or how scenes were put together, things felt like they ended on a whimper rather than with finality. There's one satisfying line given towards the end of the movie, and it's so funny to me how it stands out because it's one of the few lines given where a character had more 'oompf' to their demeanor versus the subdued and dull natured personalities presented in the TV series.

With all that said, I really wish more people would see RahXephon. I want to see discussions for it, especially the ones where people defend it, in-depth. But sadly, and almost surprisingly to me, there's really nothing being discussed about it. It's hailed as the better Evangelion, and given how there's a large base of viewers that dislike Evangelion, I would had hope there was an army of RahXephon lovers waiting for me to interact with. But nope, RahXephon is hardly even on any of my friend's anime lists.

Jan 17, 2017 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
Shoryu said:
gabrielrroiz said:

It manages to be even more convoluted than Evangelion. Cast is too large, and therefore development is pretty surface level and spread thinly. Not to mention, it has this romance angle that Evangelion lacked, which is cool and all, but the issue is that again, when the cast is rather large, it kept shying away from romance elements, as it was drowned by haphazardly giving screen time to these boring characters.

To me, I think RahXehpon is an anime with an identity crisis; it wants to remix scenes from Evangelion, and even sing similar themes, and then on the other hand, it's trying to separate itself from being too close to Evangelion, but in execution, it extends with minimal reach.

I just watched RahXephon's "summary" movie, which was not your average recap movie, but more so, a remixed recap movie where they changed or removed certain elements/characters and produced an alternate ending from the TV series. You know what's sad? This two hour movie, to me, corrected a lot of issues I had with the 26 episode run time. The biggest improvement was adding some depth to the romance lacking in the TV series; while the romance isn't perfect or anything in the movie, it's at least a vast improvement and actually somewhat emotionally engaging. It also, out of the inherent quality of being a movie, trimmed down on the screen time on side characters, or even having certain characters entirely removed. HUGE PLUS! By doing so, the romance angle and development between the two leads was brought into better focus.

The movie also had better editing and more 'punch' to its scenes. In the TV series, the way it was edited or how scenes were put together, things felt like they ended on a whimper rather than with finality. There's one satisfying line given towards the end of the movie, and it's so funny to me how it stands out because it's one of the few lines given where a character had more 'oompf' to their demeanor versus the subdued and dull natured personalities presented in the TV series.

With all that said, I really wish more people would see RahXephon. I want to see discussions for it, especially the ones where people defend it, in-depth. But sadly, and almost surprisingly to me, there's really nothing being discussed about it. It's hailed as the better Evangelion, and given how there's a large base of viewers that dislike Evangelion, I would had hope there was an army of RahXephon lovers waiting for me to interact with. But nope, RahXephon is hardly even on any of my friend's anime lists.

a recap movie better than the actual series?
that sounds awful actually
and i guess i really need to watch the series if only for it being along madoka the series everybody compares to evangelion
Jan 17, 2017 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
gabrielrroiz said:

a recap movie better than the actual series?
that sounds awful actually
and i guess i really need to watch the series if only for it being along madoka the series everybody compares to evangelion

Yeah, please watch it (series first of course)! Despite my low score, I strangely recommend it still.

Jan 18, 2017 5:41 AM

Jun 2016
Orange.

I thought it would be one of those shows I would really enjoy and would never want it to end, but oh well, it was too ordinary, whiny, and even though there are scenes I still enjoyed, overall, it was a bit forced and superficial.
Jan 18, 2017 6:36 AM

Sep 2013
Noragami. The antagonists were terrible. And Bisha was annyoing as fuck. Since one of the former antagonists and the named goddess take part in the sequel, I decided not to watch it. Plus I spoiled myself a little and didn't like what I saw (cheesy shit). Well, at least I liked the characters' "development" even though there were only hints of a "real" major plot.
WintoviskyJan 18, 2017 6:44 AM
Jan 29, 2020 11:37 PM

Apr 2008
Infinite dendrogram. Animation is garbage, pacing is garbage, non existant world building. I've read the LN so i know thats its a decent book.
Bofuri has better animation than this crap adaptation.
Jan 29, 2020 11:38 PM

Oct 2018
Mine was Kill La Kill, it just failed in terms of story and characters. Visuals were a bit better then I had expected, which was nice.
Jan 29, 2020 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
Grand Blue is not as funny as I thought, a lot of the jokes are boring or just plain bad. Azusa and Nanaka keep it interesting so far though.
Jan 29, 2020 11:55 PM

Apr 2016
*Cowboy Bebop.
Everyone was praising this anime so I decided to give it a shot. Most of episodes was extremely boring and it was there were connected. The last 2 weren't good but.. It wasn't enough. That cowboy who was supposed to be MC's "rival", the one who was always with his horse, was so cringe, probably one of the worst characters. A complete disappointment.

* Infinite Dendrogram
I have friends that love the light novel for this and the said only good things about it, but the anime is mediocre at best. The animation is average, the story is plain boring, the pacing is crap. I don't know if the adaptation is bad or the LN is mediocre and my friends overprased it, but for me is very disappointing.

Jan 30, 2020 12:50 AM

Jul 2019
My latest dissapointment was probably Kino no Tabi. I was really interested in this anime and it was on my PTW list for a couple of months. When I finally watched it I was not amazed by it. I expected mush more given the hype it got.
Jan 30, 2020 1:01 AM

Aug 2018
RikeKoi.
The thought of relating love to science,hyped me up.I thought it might be some sort of contender for Kaguya-sama which mixed psychological and romance really well.But here in Rikekoi we have scientists who suffer from very severe case of autism.They argue why a character is 30s late but continue to argue over it for 5 mins straight.Every single episode is a drag to watch.I don't even find a single bit funny.There's your scientific tidbits here and there and adds nothing to the show.It pretends like it's an edutainment show but it's not.
Pages (58) « First ... « 56 57 [58]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which season of Attack on Titan do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 46 minutes ago

8 by AxiaG »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

95 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 3 hours ago

8 by MichaelJackson »»
7 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

36 by Maou_heika »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 1 hour ago

1 by Serafos »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.