Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2016 4:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that was their toughest challenge to this end...

I still found the overall storytelling and conclusion to be very generic with Mu Ming overcoming obstacles by sheer willpower though. As impressive as he became, it just felt really stale.
Dec 21, 2016 5:18 AM

Jan 2015
Duh, Mu Ming is the "C" type. How is he supposed to take the test by himself? Well at least it doesn't take long until everyone's help him to save Haku and NOT solve the test. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 21, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2014
That was well, quite something.
Mumei uses his secret technique and passes the final test.
What just happened at the end? :O

Overall, I don't really know what to think of this show. It started out as a over the top parody exam battle and somewhere in the middle it transitioned into some weird style and then back to an over the top battle for our finale. Speaking of which, I thought this was gonna be more of a calculating/thrilling series with the examinee's figuring out how to cheat and not get caught but this was basically Mumei just using OP powers to clear every test. Can't really say I enjoyed it apart from some fun comedy.

5/10
Dec 21, 2016 6:00 AM
Apr 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Speaking of which, I thought this was gonna be more of a calculating/thrilling series with the examinee's figuring out how to cheat and not get caught but this was basically Mumei just using OP powers to clear every test. Can't really say I enjoyed it apart from some fun comedy.

5/10

The novel is more on cheating and not getting caught. There are still shonen battle elements, but they're way stealthier in their cheating. Anime was derailed from the start.

The orchestral version of the opening theme did it for me. I want the OST so bad.
Dec 21, 2016 6:00 AM

Aug 2016
Didn't really like the story :/ 6/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 21, 2016 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
tlst9999 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Speaking of which, I thought this was gonna be more of a calculating/thrilling series with the examinee's figuring out how to cheat and not get caught but this was basically Mumei just using OP powers to clear every test. Can't really say I enjoyed it apart from some fun comedy.

5/10

The novel is more on cheating and not getting caught. There are still shonen battle elements, but they're way stealthier in their cheating. Anime was derailed from the start.

The orchestral version of the opening theme did it for me. I want the OST so bad.

That so? Don't know if I'll pick up the novels but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. :D

Also agreed, The OST was great.
Dec 21, 2016 6:12 AM

Nov 2013
this ending was even worse than last episode...how is that even possible? lmao
also wtf was that last second? ...

2/10, screw this anime LOL
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 21, 2016 6:54 AM
Dec 2011
This anime was bad, really bad and I really thought it could be good, because it was something new, but, seriously, horrible! The worst part is that the ending gives the idea of a possible continuation. There are better stuff out there, don't waste your time making a second season of this crap, Japan!
Dec 21, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2015
That anime ending made no sense along with most of its past episodes
Dec 21, 2016 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
A terrible ending to a Terrible anime. 3/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 21, 2016 8:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
More abstruse yet!!!

Mumei, has to pass a solitary exam to save the earth, because the pretty teacher is a ET in reality!!! incredible!! O _ O
All the students, teachers and bugs try to stopped!!

To end, all will be right, Mumei pass the exam and save the girl!!!
Mary!!! xD

This series every chapter has been down, and without brakes. The first episode was great, but the rest were nonsensical, with a mixed of plots, but without coherence with the principal plot!!!

In summary, don´t like yet!!!

3/10.
Dec 21, 2016 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
My own interpretation of the ending, she want Mumei x Shuu ship to sail by possibly sending fake love letter to both side but they (anime producers) shot the ship down.
Dec 21, 2016 8:59 AM

Oct 2013
love it, haha.
if you want an anime that is pure happiness & craziness i recommend this
overall i had so much fun eventho it's short

it maybe confusing af but for some reason i end up enjoying it haha
i'll miss it

y'all indenial i'm sure u lowkey like this anime
TemiiDec 21, 2016 9:05 AM

"Hello."

Dec 21, 2016 10:16 AM

Mar 2016
What the fuck was with that ending lol.
4/10

Dec 21, 2016 10:37 AM

May 2016
The real test starts now XD and it ends. Funny show though xD
Rate: (Even though I didn't get the anime because you need to be naked and use some fire or air power to answer your test I thought that there will be some concept so that I can cheat to in Test and Exams but oh well I'am smart and I'am the top of the class so no need for this xD.) 10/10
TheOtaku_LuffyDec 21, 2016 10:42 AM
Dec 21, 2016 10:42 AM

Feb 2013
I mean....it was alright.....just not really that great. But it was watchable.

5/10
Dec 21, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2015
Fun finale.

This show ending up being better than I expected and a lot of fun, even though it didn't really make much sense. It was certainly better than most short series I've seen.
Dec 21, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2013
Sensei is an alien that came to test humanity :)
Mumei wins with everyone help and his sun technique.

Sequel bait ending with Shun shooting mumei? 7/10
Dec 21, 2016 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
2/10 overall, but I was glad to finally get a full Go Sakabe theme with that instrumental orchestral version of the OP. Made watching the final battle pretty great, although the battle itself (like all the others) was not. I only watched this for his music, after all.

Mascera said:
Duh, Mu Ming is the "C" type. How is he supposed to take the test by himself?

Yeah, I think the show would have been more interesting if the cheaters actually did some studying, and only cheated to lock in As. Then it could have ended like Angels in the Outfield, in which the angels help the team win all season but leave them on their own in the final game. (TV Tropes identifies this as http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicFeather )
Dec 21, 2016 12:25 PM
Mar 2016
So, it's the end for this anime, talk about ending it with a bang....for Miiumei that is.
Dec 21, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2010
Decent first and last episodes but the rest of it were just garbage, random eps that made no sense (even for this show) with added random fujoshi bait characters for some reason etc. It didn't even lead to anywhere either but guess you can't expect that with this since it's mostly only going for comedy.

2/10
Dec 21, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
That was the weirdest shit I've seen in a while. Talking about the entire show, not just this final episode.

Uh. 5/10?
Dec 21, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
IF you don't pass the test the world is doomed. LOL seriously?

Anti-Shokatsu-machine - ASM LOOOL

What the hell was that cliffhanger at the end of the anime? Is this seriously gonna get a second season...
Dec 21, 2016 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
Did Mumei die? Overall the anime is average. I enjoyed some parts, some I didn't. I wanted the last battle to be taken more seriously but after she introduced herself as an alien in that ridiculous costume it just died. Mumei's sun transformation was nicely done.

I wonder what was that in the end? (We need more good Chinese anime like Rakshaka Street, that was good stuff)
Dec 21, 2016 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
it wasn't funny, it wasn't serious, it was a waste of time.

Managed to make 10 mins seem like an hour.

1/10
Dec 21, 2016 11:07 PM

Jun 2012
Wont be watching if theres a sequel
1/10
Dec 22, 2016 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
Wow. What the actual fuck I watched.

I thought anime to be unique and expected some thrill from the title but all I just got was weird shit and absurdity.

Never got to see yellow haired girl cheating.

4/10
Dec 22, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
Did Mumei became a semi-phoenix!?
Naked Mumei and Mary covering his wankers was hilarious! Haku has seen Mumei's sausage!
Jun still head over heels for Kou-chan and he enjoys being an M with the mouth violence of Kou-chan to him.
They won because of the power of cooperation and team work!
Did Mumei got assassinated because he was cheating!?
Bad End!? is Shuu the culprit!?
Next season should be detective themed and Mumei is in the coffin!
2/5.
6/10.

Dec 23, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2011
Omg that cliffhanger ending omg
Dec 26, 2016 11:52 PM
Oct 2016
I have a theory what happens at the end. But first we have to make some sense to this silly mess of a series as a hole.
It’s just a silly mess we could say it’s just bad writhing or it could be intentional and in some way make sense. First the characters are flat anime cliché’s with one exception Qiao Yi Huang (Kou-chan). Kou-chan is smart and strong and the same time silly and have watched to much bad anime and have Yaoi fantasies about her best friends in school. She doesn’t care much about how she looks and that other should like her. Mu Ming Zhuge (Mumei) also has some feelings but they are only roughly depicted.
The story is really incoherent f.ex. in ep 7. when they visit Mumei’s father. Remember that the main goal of Kou and Mumei was to free Mumei father from prison with the power and influence the got if they passed all the exams. But when the visited the father in the “prison” it was more like the dad had he’s own sky-skraper with a big staff of servant that he could mess around with. And it was more an intervention from the dad and Kou to cheer up Mumei from the depression of being beaten by “zuo” (not being the coolest guy in the class) and go back to school. Than visit someone in the prison.
How could all this make some sense? First we can’t take anything literal and second Kou sticks out as a character and is depicted in another way than all the other characters. Lot of stuff is obvious anime cliché’s with powers taken from Naruto.
So I think everything is supposed to be Kou delusions and fantasies and that the creators try to tell the story in a similar fashion as Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky but from a perspective from a delusional young girl that have watched to much bad anime instead of an delusional impoverished ex-student.
So after this wall of text, back to the last moment in the series where Kou are spying on Mumei hoping to see some Yaoi action and hear a bang and screams in anguish. I don’t think we should interpret that it happens literal but that Kou is realizing something big. Either that she is losing her best friend or that she get jealous and have real romantic feeling for Mumei. I don’t know. Both things would make sense they are just a bunch of kids being kids going to school and fooling around. They don’t act as grown up and won’t be the president of earth in the next episode as in so many other anime´s.
Dec 29, 2016 3:47 PM

Sep 2013
Last few seconds made an already bad show just that much worse.

3/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 30, 2016 6:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Mary xD
Well that was a terrible episode. So after the teacher puts Haku's life in danger, she continues on like normal towards the end of the episode.

That ending, why end it like that.

Dec 30, 2016 11:03 PM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
winddevil1 said:
this ending was even worse than last episode...how is that even possible? lmao
also wtf was that last second? ...

2/10, screw this anime LOL

That, my friend, was mediocre brilliance! It's supposed to make you think "lol wtf?" without being anything major at all :p... This anime was brilliant guys.

stephen5000 said:
Fun finale.

This show ending up being better than I expected and a lot of fun, even though it didn't really make much sense. It was certainly better than most short series I've seen.

Ikr it's that mediocre brilliance hard at work

Dec 30, 2016 11:12 PM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
And guys, the series isn't supposed to make sense... that's the joke of the series. Nothing about the series is meant to be serious, which is why it's funny. The whole premise of the series isn't meant to be serious LOL. It's just making fun of popular concepts in anime dramatically.

1. Dramatic start where most people die and only a few survive. *check*
2. Elimination/People "die" each episode *check*
3. Fight scenes where protagonist uses hidden powerful techniques. *check*
4. Dramatic backstory for why they must graduate (save wrongly accused father) *check*
5. Perfect girl with no flaws *check*
6. Transformation sequence (I don't think a lot of people caught that Kou-chan putting on her glasses was making fun of transformation sequences in anime xD. All of that just to put on some fucking geeky glasses lmao)
7. Father testing his son's powers to help him unlock a new skill to overcome challenge *check*
8. Shuonen styled ending where main protagonist saves the world (but has to still take test) *check*
9. Villains screaming "impossible" and learning a lesson from being defeated by protagonist *check*
There's a lot more, but you probably get it by now lol.
10. I think even the outstanding music for a mediocre series may also be part of it, but i'm not sure about that one. The music was too good for the series lmao.

There's more, but you guys probably get it by now

I guess it takes a person that has seen a lot of anime to catch all of this mediocre brilliance lol.
3xTrippleDec 30, 2016 11:17 PM

Dec 31, 2016 2:01 AM
Oct 2016
3xTripple said:
And guys, the series isn't supposed to make sense... that's the joke of the series. Nothing about the series is meant to be serious, which is why it's funny. The whole premise of the series isn't meant to be serious LOL. It's just making fun of popular concepts in anime dramatically.

1. Dramatic start where most people die and only a few survive. *check*
2. Elimination/People "die" each episode *check*
3. Fight scenes where protagonist uses hidden powerful techniques. *check*
4. Dramatic backstory for why they must graduate (save wrongly accused father) *check*
5. Perfect girl with no flaws *check*
6. Transformation sequence (I don't think a lot of people caught that Kou-chan putting on her glasses was making fun of transformation sequences in anime xD. All of that just to put on some fucking geeky glasses lmao)
7. Father testing his son's powers to help him unlock a new skill to overcome challenge *check*
8. Shuonen styled ending where main protagonist saves the world (but has to still take test) *check*
9. Villains screaming "impossible" and learning a lesson from being defeated by protagonist *check*
There's a lot more, but you probably get it by now lol.
10. I think even the outstanding music for a mediocre series may also be part of it, but i'm not sure about that one. The music was too good for the series lmao.

There's more, but you guys probably get it by now

I guess it takes a person that has seen a lot of anime to catch all of this mediocre brilliance lol.

But, But... The premise of the series is great and what I know quite unique. The cheating game could have real political undertext with the test of children determine there future. Then in ep 2. i hoped for a smart and fun anime with advanced tactics and tricks to cheat. I want to see those anime series and ep. 6, 7 is just weird not fun. Then the ending do the creators think they get money for a second season? Or is also just some meta joke?
Dec 31, 2016 6:23 AM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
Lubricus said:

But, But... The premise of the series is great and what I know quite unique. The cheating game could have real political undertext with the test of children determine there future. Then in ep 2. i hoped for a smart and fun anime with advanced tactics and tricks to cheat. I want to see those anime series and ep. 6, 7 is just weird not fun. Then the ending do the creators think they get money for a second season? Or is also just some meta joke?

I agree that episodes 6 and 7 were just weird. I didn't really know what to make of them either xD. The series could have gone in many directions and I'm pretty sure they didn't think about it too hard lol. The series made me feel like they just said, "let's just make fun of popular anime concepts in a mediocre anime in a comedic dramatic way and not focus too much on plot."

I honestly don't know about that ending, if there's no season two, then we should just assume that they didn't get enough money and Mumei died lol. If there's a season two, it's probably nothing, like when Mumei "died" the first time and it was being investigated.

Jan 3, 2017 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
lol at ASM and Mu Ming not knowing shit.

I see the inconsistency, so its weird they bothered adding that at all on the character(Not referring to Mu Ming, btw.).

Mu Ming shows his final form and saves the girl he loves. She also sees Mary giving him a BJ. Weird.

RIP Mu Ming.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 5, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2015
Wow that bit at the end! Not sure if want 2nd season but now I have no choice but to watch it urgh

4/10, a generous one at that
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 5, 2017 5:01 PM
Aug 2015
I would like to at least know what happened at the end.
he was shot!
What da fuq happened!
xD
its such a meh kind of anime but I want to know what happens
Jan 8, 2017 9:22 PM
Apr 2013
10/10, literally best ending in animu history, will member
Jan 17, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Lubricus said:
I have a theory what happens at the end. But first we have to make some sense to this silly mess of a series as a hole.
It’s just a silly mess we could say it’s just bad writhing or it could be intentional and in some way make sense. First the characters are flat anime cliché’s with one exception Qiao Yi Huang (Kou-chan). Kou-chan is smart and strong and the same time silly and have watched to much bad anime and have Yaoi fantasies about her best friends in school. She doesn’t care much about how she looks and that other should like her. Mu Ming Zhuge (Mumei) also has some feelings but they are only roughly depicted.
The story is really incoherent f.ex. in ep 7. when they visit Mumei’s father. Remember that the main goal of Kou and Mumei was to free Mumei father from prison with the power and influence the got if they passed all the exams. But when the visited the father in the “prison” it was more like the dad had he’s own sky-skraper with a big staff of servant that he could mess around with. And it was more an intervention from the dad and Kou to cheer up Mumei from the depression of being beaten by “zuo” (not being the coolest guy in the class) and go back to school. Than visit someone in the prison.
How could all this make some sense? First we can’t take anything literal and second Kou sticks out as a character and is depicted in another way than all the other characters. Lot of stuff is obvious anime cliché’s with powers taken from Naruto.
So I think everything is supposed to be Kou delusions and fantasies and that the creators try to tell the story in a similar fashion as Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky but from a perspective from a delusional young girl that have watched to much bad anime instead of an delusional impoverished ex-student.
So after this wall of text, back to the last moment in the series where Kou are spying on Mumei hoping to see some Yaoi action and hear a bang and screams in anguish. I don’t think we should interpret that it happens literal but that Kou is realizing something big. Either that she is losing her best friend or that she get jealous and have real romantic feeling for Mumei. I don’t know. Both things would make sense they are just a bunch of kids being kids going to school and fooling around. They don’t act as grown up and won’t be the president of earth in the next episode as in so many other anime´s.

this seem so legit (but she say she never watched TV) and thats why anime theory are the best, everything can work if you try hard enough
Jan 28, 2017 10:26 AM

Aug 2016
Oh man after finishing the whole thing I just..
I have no idea really ? I just need to rant out this confusion of mine.
I find it quite difficult to explain how I felt about this anime. I enjoyed episode 1-5 a lot actually and even though it wasn't the greatest it was very fun and it made me laugh and giggle many times for being kind of random but a good kind of random. It had something going for it. My favorite has to be episode 5 with the pool and it made me quite excited to see which other locations and scenarios would happen in later episodes. But then episode 6 happened and boy things got confusing. I had no idea what it was happening and what they tried to accomplish anymore ? In episode 6-8 they tried to be serious all of the sudden which kind of came out of no where and then it tried to go back to being what it was in the beginning without really explaining what happened and it was kind of already damaged. The confusion just continued and I feel like they wanted to try so many things that didn't make any sense ? It just make me so sad because I feel like it has so much great potential and it could have been a really fun show as a whole if they would have just had more running time and some better decisions. I think most of the characters has so much more potential to but with the plot going wild they never really had enough time to shine. I'm the type to fall for characters pretty easily so it's a really a pity that they weren't treated well enough. The show had something in the beginning and I don't know how they blew it but they did, that fact is pretty clear. God I wish they could just remake it and fix the plot because I would have really liked it otherwise ugh.
Well rant time over lol
I'll be leaving this with a 5/10 and disappointment with this wasted show that could have been so much more in my opinion
ShiemihazaJan 28, 2017 10:37 AM
Feb 11, 2017 7:33 PM

May 2012
While the start and ending were pretty amazing, there were just too many random and rather unrelated episodes in between that it pretty much made this anime meh.

But well in general the concept and overall setting was pretty nice! It had quite a lot of potential just a lacking execution...

All in all still an average anime.
Jun 9, 2017 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
This is in line with the rest of the garbage Haoliners has pushed on us in the last year.
Jul 4, 2017 6:14 PM

Aug 2011
Can't believe I made it through to the last episode. What the hell was I watching and why?

The only good thing I can say about this anime is - great illustration. Love the way the characters were drawn. However, was there a plot? if so, it got lost somewhere after episode 5.
Jan 20, 2019 11:06 AM
Jun 2016
Mary is best girl. End of story! 😂😂😂
Feb 29, 2020 11:16 AM
Jan 2017
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
Can't believe I made it through to the last episode. What the hell was I watching and why?

The only good thing I can say about this anime is - great illustration. Love the way the characters were drawn. However, was there a plot? if so, it got lost somewhere after episode 5.

Agreed. the 1st 5 episodes were good but then it seemed like they just spliced together epsiodes form an unrelated anime. Furthermore I did love all the Mary comedy bits, but the end was bad in my opinion.
I give this anime a 5/10
Feb 9, 2021 9:14 AM
Jan 2021
Ne it was OK for me, but the ending was quite if-fy :/ it is watchable, but like, would i watch it again? No not really. Not my type of anime I guess? So 5/10, I would give it a 4 but it meh.
Sep 3, 2022 7:55 AM
Mar 2019
Did not get into this at all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Jan 12, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

25 by bushman66 »»
Aug 30, 2022 4:16 PM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

37 by Dawizz »»
Aug 25, 2022 11:21 PM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

46 by Dawizz »»
Aug 25, 2022 7:36 AM

Poll: » Cheating Craft Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

92 by bushman66 »»
Aug 24, 2022 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.