Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou' Receives Anime Adaptation [Update 12/19]

New
Dec 14, 2016 8:31 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of Champion RED magazine has announced on Thursday that Saint Seiya's spin-off manga Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou will receive an anime adaptation. The format of the anime has yet to be revealed. More information regarding the new anime will be announced in the February 2017 issue of the magazine, to be released on December 19.

Synopsis
After the defeat of Gemini Saga, the Sanctuary faces a new threat known as Eris, the Goddess of Discord and Chaos, with her minions, the Dryades. In order to combat such threat, a special class of female Saints, known as the Saintias, steps forward in order to protect their patroness, the goddess of justice, wisdom, and hope, Athena, in her present reincarnation, Saori Kido. (Source: Saint Seiya Wiki)

Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou is written by Masami Kurumada with illustrations by Chimaki Kuori, and has been serialized in Champion RED magazine since August 2013. Eight compiled volumes have been published by Akita Shoten, with the 9th volume shipping on December 20, 2016.

Source: Official site

Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou on MAL

Update December 19
The February 2017 issue of Champion RED magazine has announced on Monday that Toei Animation will be producing the anime.

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotDec 18, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 14, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
how the mighty have fallen, no one cares about Saint Seiya now ever since the horrible Saint Seiya Omega
Dec 14, 2016 11:45 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Where is my Lost Canvas sequel!?

Oh well, still better than nothing, I guess Marin and Shaina would play a big role here?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 15, 2016 1:06 AM

Jul 2013
RayAdha said:
Where is my Lost Canvas sequel!?
Lost Canvas 3 never ;_;

About this series, well, looks interesting, if anything for having a female cast in a series who usually has male main characters. Unfortunately, it will be probably produced by Toei :/
Dec 15, 2016 1:54 AM

Dec 2015
Good, something from a fairly decent spin-off. (at least, from what I read: have still to find a big discrepancy between it and the original manga).
A logical.choice to help BANDAI enlarge its Myth Clothes collections: a new army and new Bronze/Silver Clothes.

For Next Dimension, it was obvious they wouldn't pick it as the next adaptation. It is still so short, they would have to make it in a series of OAVs series. And they're clearly not interested by spending money on St Seiya (just look at the ugly AND stupid Ôgon no Tamashii ONAs).

@Illyricus Of course, it will be. TOEI stated that Saint Seiya was a big franchise that will spawn a project regularly. (they even precised the time gap between works).

How can the February issue be released in December ? o_O
edit: thanks to @usernome.
Rei_IIIDec 16, 2016 3:08 AM
Dec 15, 2016 5:13 AM
Nov 2016
Damn! Right at time! It is about time someone cover the embarasment that is Soul of Gold.
Dec 15, 2016 5:50 AM

May 2012
The main character is female ?! This one look more interesting than the other two that I watched (Soul of Gold and The Lost Canvas)
Dec 15, 2016 5:58 AM

Jan 2011
to think its been 5 years since Lost Canvas 2 ended, ill never get to watch my fav manga fight of all time, Regulus vs Radhamantys

that aside i like Saintia Sho manga, it isnt what i expected, just please dont be animated by Toei
Dec 15, 2016 6:17 AM

Dec 2015
@silversaint It IS part of the big Saint Seiya franchise plan announced by TOEI a few months ago. Of course, it will probably be underhanded to some minor studio like the recent ugly and stupid ONAs (aka SoG) but it will still be done under TOEI's helm.

Also, a few announces have been promised. I suppose we can bet on a sequel to Legend of Sanctuary, after its excellent reception (in China).

edit @silversaint Thanks. Just like I thought.

@Fai It's really nothing new when the manga is already three years old. I also don't think Saint Seiya was tailor-sized to become a franchise and that's the main problem with all those derivative works.
Rei_IIIDec 15, 2016 10:04 AM
Dec 15, 2016 6:28 AM

Jan 2011
Rei366 said:
@silversaint It IS part of the big Saint Seiya franchise plan announced by TOEI a few months ago. Of course, it will probably be underhanded to some minor studio like the recent ugly and stupid ONAs (aka SoG) but it will still be done under TOEI's helm.

Also, a few announces have been promised. I suppose we can bet on a sequel to Legend of Sanctuary, after its excellent reception (in China).

apparently the other 2 proyects are a movie an Next Dimension adaptation
they should be announced when the manga comes back on the 24 of december
Dec 15, 2016 7:20 AM

Jul 2007
Absolutely don't care about nu-SaintSeiya trainwrecks. Trash like Omega and the like already killed the "main" franchise.

Now its pretty much give me more Lost Canvas or kill the franchise.
Dec 15, 2016 8:48 AM

Nov 2009
Oh, no! please god no Toei for the animation! x(
Dec 15, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Please don't be a train wreck like Omega, pls, pls, PLS!
Dec 15, 2016 12:09 PM

Nov 2015
If TOEI is not involved, it might be a good anime since the manga is ok.

Rei366 said:

How can the February issue be released in December ? o_O

It's just the way they name it. I don't know why they do this, but the issue's month name is always months ahead the actually release date. At least in Champion RED's case.
Dec 15, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2016
OMG Yeeeesss! I gonna see Milo san again!
Dec 15, 2016 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
Fai said:
Absolutely don't care about nu-SaintSeiya trainwrecks. Trash like Omega and the like already killed the "main" franchise.

Now its pretty much give me more Lost Canvas or kill the franchise.

Different of Omega and Soul of Gold, this has a very good plot, and it's even super-loyal to the original manga chronology and structures instead of the anime.

I think is almost as good as Lost Canvas.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Dec 15, 2016 9:16 PM

Aug 2010
I guess now almost every single Saint Seiya manga has received an anime.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 16, 2016 3:08 AM

Dec 2015
@malvarez1 Aiolia's Episode G or Gaiden (like it was called by us when it started), and its Shura's spin-off Assassin haven't been animated YET. But with TOEI plans to turn St Seiya into a yearly franchise and the need to supply BANDAI in new Clothes and other armors, it's only a matter of time. And Shadowskill from the same mangaka was animated in its time. The only problem would be to heavily alter the chara- and clothes design because it would be certainly too complicated to animate and make figures of it.
There is also the Cygnus short story included between the Sanctuary and the Poseidon chapters. But I doubt they would make an OAV, ONA or something from it: only three armors models appear in it and they're pretty plain.
And Next Dimension, but it has a slow publication and has not a lot to offer yet in term of new toys, except new heads for Gold Saints and very few new suits, though
clothes could be enough to justify the production.

@Dragon_Lotus TOEI was not alone to animate Soul of Gold, a studio named Bridge worked on it too (maybe it even made the largest part of the series). And no matter what, TOEI helms the animation part of the franchise now.

usernome said:
If TOEI is not involved, it might be a good anime since the manga is ok.

edit: A first visual is out! Looks like they decided to not adapt the mangaka's style and to replace it with a character-design à la Himeno. (beautiful eyes, Saori... )
https://m.facebook.com/jikanproject/photos/a.353920921331465.80381.119898948066998/1314770355246512/?type=3&_rdr
( @Vindstot If you want to update your article or the page)
Rei_IIIDec 17, 2016 7:48 AM
Dec 18, 2016 1:06 AM
Feb 2015
Whaaaaaaat no sequel of dimension yet ugh I've been dying to see it animated at least a couple of Ova's anyways Omega was one of the best things to ever happen to the franchise !!! Don't get what all the hate is about -_-

Still plan to watch the spin off!!!
Dec 18, 2016 2:58 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
News Update
The February 2017 issue of Champion RED magazine has announced on Monday that Toei Animation will be producing the anime.

Source: Comic Natalie

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

48 by Memore »»
7 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 2 hours ago

1 by deg »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
10 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.