Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2008 3:54 AM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Soifon... Rizu/Liz has a cool power, similar to Aizen's but not as powerful... But where are all the captains while the Bountou are strolling around?

Jul 8, 2009 3:30 PM

Mar 2009
Great episode after I watch the next one only 10 eps of Bount left both happy and sad about that because its getting really good.

Jan 13, 2010 2:41 PM

May 2009
I found ir pretty boring, I mean the soul society arc was awesome, then this arc... not so much, it isn't that bad, I just hope it's over soon =S
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Mar 24, 2010 4:38 AM

Oct 2008
LOL'd at the shingami cup - golden. x]
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 23, 2010 8:01 AM

Jan 2010
an OK episode . Poor Soifon she got hit.
Dec 23, 2010 3:51 PM
Mar 2010
This arc would be better if the Bounto didn't just wander around, you would have thought after the ryoka incident before they would have been ok with these sort of things by now :P
Mar 3, 2012 8:55 AM
Aug 2009
Soi Fon got hit! If there are many squads who have many people in them shouldnt there be more of them on the streets then
Apr 27, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2011
Things are finally getting good while the arc is about to end.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Sep 20, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2012
God dammit they're passing the 100th episode mark with this boring arc...
Nov 3, 2014 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
that Mabashi dude's doll really is annoying. now Soi Fon might end up being controlled by him just like Rukia
Jul 16, 2015 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
Why did people like the soul society arc so much? and yet not this? in all honesty they aren't much different and this is far more interesting to me.

Mabashi and his fox flowers lol.

What's gon' happen so Soi Fon?

The bounts are in.
Dec 10, 2016 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
Mabashi is playing smart, exerting his control up the chain of command

stephtastrophe said:
Why did people like the soul society arc so much? and yet not this? in all honesty they aren't much different and this is far more interesting to me.

The SS arc had a lot more going for it. It added hugely to the character roster, expanded a lot on how powers work and such, had epic fight scenes, tragic backstories, and the plot was unpredictable as well as generating hype for aizen as a villain.
This arc on the other hand has been about a group of people barely above lieutenant level continually getting into unsatisfying fights with arbitrarily weakened protagonists, before running away only to repeat the procedure later. Half way through the arc they get a generic power boost that doesn't change how their powers work in any way, then they get hax healing abilities rather than any real development of their powers. None of them have properly fleshed out motivations, half of them are just there to cause carnage and the rest for vengeance. And perhaps most importantly, when you know it's a filler arc there's no tension. You know none of the canon cast will die or gain new powers, all they can do is randomly lose their powers (like ichigo's bankai), only to regain them later and beat the cookie-cutter bad guy and return things to the status quo. Being unable to advance the plot, fillers need to do something special to be considered worthwhile, weather it's tugging at your heart-strings, keeping you guessing with intricate plot, or dazzling you with badass fight sequences. Unfortunately, this arc does none of these, leaving it feeling incredibly bland and ultimately quite pointless.
Dec 11, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
Sahaal_17 said:
Mabashi is playing smart, exerting his control up the chain of command

stephtastrophe said:

The SS arc had a lot more going for it. It added hugely to the character roster, expanded a lot on how powers work and such, had epic fight scenes, tragic backstories, and the plot was unpredictable as well as generating hype for aizen as a villain.
This arc on the other hand has been about a group of people barely above lieutenant level continually getting into unsatisfying fights with arbitrarily weakened protagonists, before running away only to repeat the procedure later. Half way through the arc they get a generic power boost that doesn't change how their powers work in any way, then they get hax healing abilities rather than any real development of their powers. None of them have properly fleshed out motivations, half of them are just there to cause carnage and the rest for vengeance. And perhaps most importantly, when you know it's a filler arc there's no tension. You know none of the canon cast will die or gain new powers, all they can do is randomly lose their powers (like ichigo's bankai), only to regain them later and beat the cookie-cutter bad guy and return things to the status quo. Being unable to advance the plot, fillers need to do something special to be considered worthwhile, weather it's tugging at your heart-strings, keeping you guessing with intricate plot, or dazzling you with badass fight sequences. Unfortunately, this arc does none of these, leaving it feeling incredibly bland and ultimately quite pointless.

All the SS arc had was a lot of running around over and over again, in this arc they do have motivation. Before in that arc it was just about saving Rukia and running around Soul Society non stop. So much running! it was literally all they did! I honestly don't think I've seen anything so boring in my life. Revenge and carnage is all most of the characters are ever out for in Bleach, it's hardly anything new. I honestly thought the bount arc was one of the best and I am reading the manga now and I still love it even though it wasn't in it and I thought it had many a badass fight and was far less bland than SS arc. That arc was more pointless if you ask me, I know why she got jailed but it took far longer than necessary to save the girl. Rukia was never that great a character either imo, she's annoying, more so than Orihime who I liked and she's just so uninteresting. That's just my opinion though and you have yours. I just wanted to tell you what I thought of both as you did.
Jan 21, 2017 10:48 PM

Nov 2013
Kariya is such a pathetic douchebag. One of the most unconvincing villains, I've ever seen.

Plus, he's quite dumb. Bringing the fight to the place, where the enemy is at its strongest/can use his full potential, is not really smart.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 9, 2020 7:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kind of a tense episode, I wonder what will happen to Soifon.
It would be cool to have all the bounts against all the shinigami in the seireitei
Apr 10, 2022 4:48 PM
Oct 2019
Punishment Force is kinda like ANBU from Naruto, Useless.
Sep 17, 2022 2:48 PM
May 2020
every time the gang head to the soul society, there's some kind of chaos lol

More topics from this board

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

208 by Ridzaxster »»
Apr 21, 3:18 AM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

49 by Dabitsu »»
Apr 20, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 18, 5:48 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.