Forum Settings
Forums

Misc Game v6: Witch and Heroes Gamindustri Wars | Game End: Shinichi-Kun and Astros won!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 3, 2016 8:14 PM

Oct 2011
>.> I should've took Shin's bait and froze him when I had the chance... >.>

Dec 3, 2016 8:19 PM

Nov 2008
Yee, Thank you for playing, everyone xDD Time to copy paste Fuwawa's feedback post:

Afterthoughts

Things to consider in the future:
- Warn players that swapping positions between teammates is acceptable but they have to be careful when someone was frozen. Movement will fail otherwise since teammate cannot be on the same square.
- Better tutorials. It seems some players have difficulty understanding the game.

Question time:

@aa-dono @SoulEaterQUEEN @Jackrito @wen294 @Mishukax @Rinto-kun @Holocaster @Astros @Shinichi-Kun @Phraze

1. How do you like the game?
2. What do you think of the set-ups?
3. What do you think should be changed/improved?
4. Will you want to play again if there's another Witch & Hero game?
5. Anything about how I can improve as the host?
6. Additional

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 3, 2016 8:31 PM

Dec 2013
DenjaX said:
It was fun. Took a fair bit of strategy to play effectively, but not too much. I feel the monsters were the bigger challenge then the players. So less like a battle royal and more like a FFA.

DenjaX said:
It was handled well. The tutorials made things evident for the most part. You were responsive to questions so hardly felt lost. Having random people pair up is always fun.

DenjaX said:
Perhaps make chatting in thread a little more beneficial. Felt like it was dead for the most part and we were playing the game through discord instead of MAL. Also more interactions between players would be fun. Perhaps more lore?

DenjaX said:
Depends on the timing. Having already played it I don't think I'll play another for some time for diversity sake.

DenjaX said:
Don't procrastinate. ._.
Dec 3, 2016 8:32 PM

Aug 2012
DenjaX said:

I love it. And I love that you love the game enough to make a variant of it <3 I wanna play more~ Shishou you're the best ^^
DenjaX said:
I thought you're gonna implement a cooldown phase~ but the freeze counter/HDD form is interesting. I like the additional bosses with abilities but aren't able to move. For moving boss, I like the thief.
DenjaX said:
Hmmmmmmm
Personally, I think the invisibility should remain 1-shot.
DenjaX said:
Yessssssssssssss <3
DenjaX said:
I think you did well. You remind us to submit action, and oversee the chat. Who knows how many times I confused myself with characters.
Though, I noticed some players still talk with their team despite being dead. Should probably be stricter on that.
DenjaX said:
6. Additional

Thank you for hosting the game Denja ^^ It was fun

Dec 3, 2016 8:50 PM

Nov 2013

It was fun, and I was confused a lot at first but now I feel a lot more comfortable with the way it works so I won't be such a fail.

I really liked the Neptunia theme a lot, and the freezing mechanic was enjoyable.

Hmm, tough to say, I'd say that maybe have a HDD form of sorts (1 time only) be activated over time. I think it was rough going late for some players who rarely were frozen, and by bad luck were narrowed down to be killed off. It be nice to have an emergency HDD that can help in a sticky end of game situation.
Also maybe if we can have a map pin somewhere directly on discord would be so easy especially when I have limited net to open the browser on mobile.

Yes, I would love a pokemon trainers + pokemon theme, or a madoka+witch girls theme~ having these games themed seems really fun. I also love collaboration play. It makes it fun to learn about other people through a game-based discussion. Though it was a treat to play with dono, I learned a lot from her even if I was a baka sometimes.

You were pretty good - you kept up with the movesets, and were interested (thanks for taking my quizzes ^^), and I like how we had tutorials each session, I think I was a bit forgetful later game.

6. Additional [/quote]

Thanks for hosting this~ I had fun and it was super relaxing :D
Dec 3, 2016 8:52 PM

Oct 2011
@DenjaX
moar grid games pls *.*
monsters in the field was distracting, but kept the game interesting. those sages with field disadvantages was a smart mechanic, since it was the optional shutdown(aka kill) type.
bigger map and more sage disadvantages lol. and pls give a list of what each item can do.. hmm more items would be good too XD
absolutely~
thanks for reminding me deadtalk isn't allowed...late. other than that no problems xD
6. Additional
I want this game to be hosted few times in a row lol
PhrazeDec 3, 2016 8:55 PM

Dec 3, 2016 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
@SoulEaterQUEEN this is why we have this thread in the first place. xDD The reason why Mishu had the most HDD Form was because he was active in this thread and wasn't lurking at all. He knew that as a Hero, he wants to gain all the freeze counters as many as possible so that he can use it for later use.

I was hoping that with the implementation of the Freeze counter, it would promote more discussion in the thread compared to its predecessor.

I also want things like alliances, conspiracies and betrayal in the game too. I was also hoping to see that in this game. I guess I have to think of a better mechanic to improve those. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 3, 2016 9:10 PM

Nov 2008
@Astros I was actually thinking of another game mechanic for a different win-condition for this particular game:

It was called Shares if you are familiar with the Neptunia franchise. Basically, I would have make the team hunt for monsters as another win condition and team has to race to a 100% first to win the game. So there would have been 2 win conditions for this game (Domination Victory or Shares Victory). The team just need to fulfill 1 win-condition to win the game. I had to remove it because I don't want the game to become even more complicated lol.

Dec 3, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2013
DenjaX said:
@Astros I was actually thinking of another game mechanic for a different win-condition for this particular game:

It was called Shares if you are familiar with the Neptunia franchise. Basically, I would have make the team hunt for monsters as another win condition and team has to race to a 100% first to win the game. So there would have been 2 win conditions for this game (Domination Victory or Shares Victory). The team just need to fulfill 1 win-condition to win the game. I had to remove it because I don't want the game to become even more complicated lol.
That would have made things more interesting. Teams would need to weight their options on winning and decide on which one to go for. Teams would also need to insure others didn't succeed in accomplishing a Shares Victory.
Dec 3, 2016 10:03 PM

Oct 2011
@DenjaX
1. dif wincons for each team would help this alliance thing kick off.... make x targets instead of the general last-one-standing con. everyone will know everyone over the course of the game and start conspiring for wincons.
2. we could also make it a thread-only chat, each teammate on their own so hints are the way of getting their point across....or they'll just expose themselves lol

point 1 would be necessary for the alliance thing. point 2 for activity.
we could allow revival of certain teams if it's someone's wincon lol
sounds chaotic

Dec 4, 2016 12:43 PM

May 2013
Well-balanced, there are no futile items/elements
Maybe less monster spawns, more Sages? Having less monsters encourages players to bump into each other to kill witches.
I also have to agree with Astros - there should be more in-thread interaction, but I'm not sure how you would make that happen. I have to agree there is some kind of strategic background when you do or don't post in the thread - and also the nature of the game is secret interaction with your teammate. But I gotta say I liked when Zymf tried to build an alliance in the first game. It depends on the player, I guess.
Not really, this game must have been very taxing on you ._.
6. Additional
Good game, guys!
DenjaX said:
- Better tutorials. It seems some players have difficulty understanding the game.

I think that comes with whether the player is actually paying attention or not. If a player isn't paying attention to the rules and all, then he deserves to be more confused than a player who has thought about it carefully, no? Also this game is so full of possibilities, you're bound to get questions on various matters. Although if there were questions that were asked often, you should keep them in mind to give answers to them in the rules of the next game.
Dec 4, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2015
Mishukax said:
Play of the game was when Phraze tried to freeze Togs.

Ah, so that's why I mysteriously became frozen in place when I was walking home last week : V
Dec 5, 2016 7:27 AM

Oct 2014

Good~

They're all right.

I agree that we should shorten the number of monster spawns, the mechanics were all right.
If you want to spice things up, you can hide every player's partnered witch/hero. It'd cause a great deal of chaos and the game'd go pretty smoothly and fast. :D
Also it'd promote more in-thread talk.
Also some kind of lives-system, e.g. you can go n-times without getting killed or so.

Looking forward to it~

Nah, you did pretty good.
6. Additional

Don't think so, it was a fun ride. ^_^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.