Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2016 6:29 PM

Oct 2016
I have a thing for tomboys. (don't judge) Any stories where the male mc ends up with a tomboy?

Preferences: The tomboy has short hair, is athletic, and shows to have a girly side, but not requirement.

I would prefer if she's the female lead.

Bonus if she's the childhood friend of the male mc.

example: Ginen Shounen - Mirai, the female mc, is basically an energetic tomboy.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2016 6:36 PM

Nov 2016
uhh Suzuka maybe? Watched long ago so hazy.
Nov 14, 2016 6:40 PM

Oct 2016
PrayMeyer said:

I've read Suzuka. Great manga. That mangaka does good work. Only blemish from them in my opinion is Suzuka's sequel Fuuka.

Nov 14, 2016 6:45 PM

Nov 2016
jak123 said:
PrayMeyer said:

I've read Suzuka. Great manga. That mangaka does good work. Only blemish from them in my opinion is Suzuka's sequel Fuuka.

hahaha yea now people just say fuuka'd or seo kouji'd
Nov 14, 2016 6:47 PM

Oct 2016
PrayMeyer said:
jak123 said:

hahaha yea now people just say fuuka'd or seo kouji'd

lol. Well, if you can think of anymore, please post them. Been looking for some new reading material.
Nov 14, 2016 6:49 PM

Apr 2016
jak123 said:

lol I think it was genius to differentiate Suzuka and Fuuka lol
beside I think the new Fuuka is a tomboy so it fulfill your request and I think the MC would end up with her XD

anyhow, my rec:
Hatsukoi Limited and Musunde Hiraite
there's not real MC is these manga, each chapter has its own MC, so yeah, there's some boy MC who ends up with a tomboy in there

Nov 14, 2016 6:52 PM

Mar 2011
I do recall one anime, although asking this question could bring about spoilers
Nov 14, 2016 7:03 PM

Oct 2016
Zurajannai said:
jak123 said:

lol I think it was genius to differentiate Suzuka and Fuuka lol
beside I think the new Fuuka is a tomboy so it fulfill your request and I think the MC would end up with her XD

anyhow, my rec:
Hatsukoi Limited and Musunde Hiraite
there's not real MC is these manga, each chapter has its own MC, so yeah, there's some boy MC who ends up with a tomboy in there

I guess, but still. I liked the first Fuuka a lot.

I'll check those other 2 out, but I tend to like manga that aren't as episodic and focus on a few characters rather than many.
JakNov 14, 2016 7:08 PM
Nov 14, 2016 7:05 PM

Oct 2016
Arex said:
I do recall one anime, although asking this question could bring about spoilers
Seen it. It was okay.

Nov 14, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2012
Perhaps not quite what you're looking for, but Oresama Teacher is a romance, but the MC is actually the tomboy in this instance.
It's really good though.
Kaichou wa maid-sama might be a little in that direction as she is tomboyish at times, but not entirely.
First now realised that I can't get a signature because disabled BBCode e.e
Nov 14, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2016
Bimle said:
Perhaps not quite what you're looking for, but Oresama Teacher is a romance, but the MC is actually the tomboy in this instance.
It's really good though.
Kaichou wa maid-sama might be a little in that direction as she is tomboyish at times, but not entirely.
Read it. It was okay. I just tend to shift my tastes and right now I'm reading ones with a male lead.
Nov 14, 2016 8:04 PM

Apr 2016
jak123 said:

I'll check those other 2 out, but I tend to like manga that aren't as episodic and focus on a few characters rather than many.

did you read Suzuka, Kimi no Iru Machi, and Half & Half?
it seems like Seo Kouji's formula is having one love interest to die and the MC to overcome it

so, yeah, in Seo Kouji's works, someone bound to die lol

Nov 14, 2016 8:05 PM

Jan 2015
jak123 said:
I have a thing for tomboys. (don't judge) Any stories where the male mc ends up with a tomboy?
Cross Game

Preferences: The tomboy has short hair, is athletic, and shows to have a girly side, but not requirement.
checked

sorta.. Checked

childhood enemy... Checked

la critique de l'intention pure
Nov 14, 2016 8:13 PM

Oct 2016
Zurajannai said:
jak123 said:

did you read Suzuka, Kimi no Iru Machi, and Half & Half?
it seems like Seo Kouji's formula is having one love interest to die and the MC to overcome it

so, yeah, in Seo Kouji's works, someone bound to die lol
Yeah, but...

Nov 14, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2016
karambia said:
jak123 said:
Cross Game

checked

sorta.. Checked

Cross Game is on my list. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Spent the entire weekend binge watching Maison Ikkoku (wew, what a roller coaster). I remember being told the basic premise is

Nov 14, 2016 8:19 PM

Apr 2016
jak123 said:
Yeah, but...

well, I'm just saying that her death seems like his master formula
I'm not hoping to change your opinion in the matter, I'm just explaining why there are some people (like me) who actually loves it that way
I'm not saying those who didn't like it that way is stupid or anything, we're free to give our opinion whatever we like after all
in fact I quite understand your point, so I'm just hoping you can understand mine :)

Nov 14, 2016 8:21 PM

Oct 2016
Zurajannai said:
jak123 said:
Yeah, but...

well, I'm just saying that her death seems like his master formula
I'm not hoping to change your opinion in the matter, I'm just explaining why there are some people (like me) who actually loves it that way
I'm not saying those who didn't like it that way is stupid or anything, we're free to give our opinion whatever we like after all
in fact I quite understand your point, so I'm just hoping you can understand mine :)
I get what you are saying and Kouji's work is amazing otherwise. I just didn't like how it was executed in Fuuka. (no pun intended)
Nov 14, 2016 8:23 PM
Jan 2015
Shuffle immediately comes to mind and one of the routes in Amagami SS, also Toradora.
My Queens

Nov 14, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2016
jak123 said:
I get what you are saying and Kouji's work is amazing otherwise. I just didn't like how it was executed in Fuuka. (no pun intended)

well, I admit Fuuka has its own problems beside what you point out

back to the topic, I think this might come as spoiler about Hourou Musuko
the main girl is tomboy in there, and she was amazing, really

Nov 14, 2016 8:43 PM

Jan 2015
jak123 said:

yup :)
I see u already watch the legendary maison ikoku. So what's it all about btw?

Nov 14, 2016 9:19 PM

Oct 2016
karambia said:
jak123 said:

It's also a comedy so there's a lot wacky misunderstandings. The anime was great and adds a bunch to the story via filler, but in this kind of story, filler works. It just shows more of them living their lives. It follows the manga closely, but also did a few events the same, but different if you get what I mean, so I recommend both the manga and anime. You can only really find the english version of the manga, but nothing was censored and it stays true to the story. Watch the sub of the anime because the dub was terrible. For some reason, the dub switches all the voice actors like halfway through. Definitely give it a go.
JakNov 14, 2016 9:28 PM
Nov 15, 2016 12:15 AM

Jan 2015
jak123 said:
karambia said:

It's also a comedy so there's a lot wacky misunderstandings. The anime was great and adds a bunch to the story via filler, but in this kind of story, filler works. It just shows more of them living their lives. It follows the manga closely, but also did a few events the same, but different if you get what I mean, so I recommend both the manga and anime. You can only really find the english version of the manga, but nothing was censored and it stays true to the story. Watch the sub of the anime because the dub was terrible. For some reason, the dub switches all the voice actors like halfway through. Definitely give it a go.
sound nice. thx for that xD. 96 episoed.. i will take time for sure :) ..........

Nov 15, 2016 3:10 AM

Oct 2016
karambia said:
jak123 said:

sound nice. thx for that xD. 96 episoed.. i will take time for sure :) ..........
It's worth it though. I binge watched it in a few days. Though, it wouldn't take any time at all getting if you watched a few a day.
Nov 15, 2016 3:50 AM

Jan 2015
jak123 said:
karambia said:
It's worth it though. I binge watched it in a few days. Though, it wouldn't take any time at all getting if you watched a few a day.
I can't do that right now, to do days marathon. Recently I watched gineiden it take around 2-3 weeks for me. Probably it could be more if it clash with more daily activity.

Nov 15, 2016 10:47 AM

Oct 2016
karambia said:
jak123 said:
I can't do that right now, to do days marathon. Recently I watched gineiden it take around 2-3 weeks for me. Probably it could be more if it clash with more daily activity.

Yeah, I'm the opposite, when I have days off, I binge so I have time on other days. XD
Nov 15, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2016
Tokyo Crazy Paradise
Nov 15, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2016
Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai ? maybe ?
Nov 15, 2016 2:44 PM

Oct 2016
Swagernator said:
Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai ? maybe ?

Seen it. It was enjoyable, but the songs randomly happening at times got kind of annoying. Hope the sequel is good. She was a tomboy. That movie left me with one question: Why did she always wear those sweat pants? XD
Nov 15, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2016
Why did she always wear those sweat pants? XD

That's a secret we never reveal xD
Nov 15, 2016 3:01 PM

Oct 2016
Swagernator said:
Why did she always wear those sweat pants? XD

That's a secret we never reveal xD
Also, another thing that annoyed me was when

Hopefully the sequel will show it, but still.
Nov 15, 2016 3:02 PM
Feb 2016
How about Sukitte Ii na yo.?

The main girl had a short hair and the way she dresses is tomboyish (:
Although later she becomes more girly, she's still a tomboy at the beggining.
Nov 15, 2016 3:20 PM

Oct 2016
Foiled said:
How about Sukitte Ii na yo.?

The main girl had a short hair and the way she dresses is tomboyish (:
Although later she becomes more girly, she's still a tomboy at the beggining.
Yeah, I'll give that a shot. I've read some shoujo with tomboy leads that were really good. My preference just sways so I'm more interested it being the male mc's point of view. IF you have anymore, please suggest them. :)
Nov 21, 2016 8:05 PM

Oct 2016
I have my own suggestion:

Little House with an Orange Roof

The female lead Natsumi

Nov 22, 2016 8:35 AM

Apr 2016
I would suggest kokoro connect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2012
karambia said:
jak123 said:
Cross Game

checked

sorta.. Checked

^This. A hundred times ^this.

I can't think of a show that better fits your request than Cross Game.
Nov 22, 2016 11:00 AM

Oct 2016
SeijiSensei said:
karambia said:
Cross Game

checked

sorta.. Checked

^This. A hundred times ^this.

I can't think of a show that better fits your request than Cross Game.
Watched it. Was really good. Adachi's romance is always subtle in its execution, but gets the point across.

Nov 22, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2012
jak123 said:
Watched it. Was really good. Adachi's romance is always subtle in its execution, but gets the point across.

Since you only list five series here, it's tough to know what you've seen and what you haven't. Glad you enjoyed it. Cross Game is one of my favorite shows.

Tanabe Ai in Planetes might be characterized as having a tomboyish personality. It's been a while since I watched it. Same might true for Kasahara Iku in Toshokan Sensou. Both of those are senpai romances between a male superior and a female junior. It isn't hard for Kasahara to look tomboyish alongside her ultra-feminine friend Shibasaki Asako who looks like this:

SeijiSenseiNov 22, 2016 12:15 PM
Nov 22, 2016 12:11 PM

Oct 2016
SeijiSensei said:
jak123 said:

Since you only list five series here, it's tough to know what you've seen and what you haven't. Glad you enjoyed it. Cross Game is one of my favorite shows.

The only thing I wish is that

Nov 23, 2016 11:24 PM
Jun 2014
...Spent the entire weekend binge watching Maison Ikkoku...

HOW? I've been looking for Maison Ikkoku off and on for 15 years. ...let's just say there are many extreme things I would do to acquire this title...
Nov 23, 2016 11:38 PM

Jul 2016
Ouran High School Host Club
Aoharu X Kikanjuu
Nov 24, 2016 1:18 AM

Oct 2016
atKatlin said:
Ouran High School Host Club
Aoharu X Kikanjuu

Thank you, I'll check these out, but I'm looking for more of a male point of view protagonist ending up with a tomboy.

Please post if you can think of any. :)
Dec 5, 2016 5:34 AM

Jun 2015
I've watched Touch, is it worth watching Cross Game to? I think is the same story, correct me if I'm wrong.
Dec 5, 2016 5:39 AM

Jan 2016
I cant help but notice that no one mentioned "Mayo Chiki"
Dec 5, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
Onani Master Kurosawa

xDru said:
I've watched Touch, is it worth watching Cross Game to? I think is the same story, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah, same but different , of course both have the same writer, and deals with baseball, there's love triangles and stuff, but still very different imo.
kadiroDec 5, 2016 6:23 AM
Dec 5, 2016 5:05 PM

Jan 2015
jak123 said:
PrayMeyer said:

Gotta say I like the 2nd F better
Dec 5, 2016 5:12 PM

Oct 2016
thiagopv said:
jak123 said:

Don't get me wrong...

Dec 5, 2016 6:03 PM

Jan 2015
jak123 said:
thiagopv said:

Don't get me wrong...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

17 by PlasticRobot »»
1 hour ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
11 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
12 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.