Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 9, 2016 2:04 PM
Aug 2014
it ends :*( ,really liked the 3rd years(former) they will be missed,really liked them sadly they couldn't go all the way :*( ,i guess a looooong wait is expected now for the next season.Btw what about Jingu tournament that was in 10days after the final ?
vak47Sep 9, 2016 2:24 PM
Sep 21, 2016 8:35 PM
Jun 2016
I thought i wasn't going to cry, but when the coach started crying i couldn't hold it in. I even cried after seeing the ending picture. Hoping for a 3rd season!
Sep 27, 2016 6:14 AM
Aug 2016
puppys23 said:
I thought i wasn't going to cry, but when the coach started crying i couldn't hold it in. I even cried after seeing the ending picture. Hoping for a 3rd season!
same here
3rd season osh osh osh !!!
Tyrel said:
This show was amazing. S1 transition into S2 was great, and exceeded my expectations. Loved the OST and glad to see Coach Kataoka still here, though I think that's expected. I hope he stays even after the nationals (Unless the manga ends aftrer this whole tournament).

9/10.
where to find out that ost?
Oct 28, 2016 4:10 AM

Jul 2012
Furuya no Ace has a nice ring to it. Just kidding, ofc.

Gonna miss those 3rd years. Would've been nice to see them play in Koshien.
Nov 20, 2016 6:50 PM

Jul 2011
lmfao so many feels. They might as well have won Koshien. xD

Did they adapt all of Act I in these two season?
Nov 24, 2016 3:55 AM
Dec 2015
Mirorin said:

Story wise, yes. But there will be OVAs (3 or 4 i think) which covers the epilogue and aftermath of the game. The winter montage, Miyuki's injured and 3rd years graduation.
Nov 24, 2016 7:55 PM

Jul 2011
Rio_Pascua said:
Mirorin said:

Story wise, yes. But there will be OVAs (3 or 4 i think) which covers the epilogue and aftermath of the game. The winter montage, Miyuki's injured and 3rd years graduation.

Thanks for the info!
Dec 27, 2016 7:16 AM

Oct 2016
I can't wait for Season 3, hopefully it won't take too long to announce it.

text text text text text text text text text
Dec 27, 2016 11:28 PM
Nov 2014
I can't wait for the second season! I really hope they release it soon.
Jan 20, 2017 9:44 PM

Sep 2015
Feel sorry for Yakushi (was rooting for them) but GG. The Coach crying and those words were a surprise, too bad the Captain and 2 Vice-Captains were in a taxi going to a place to get Miyuki treated and never saw it. But dam was expecting a higher toss for the Coach. In the end, Coach Ochiai offically becomes a coach (not sure if hes like the head or etc) along with BOSS! Hyped for Season 3 if it ever comes but gonna read the manga I guess some time later.
Mar 22, 2017 6:59 PM

Dec 2010
This anime was for me like feelings rollercoaster... Sadness, angry, joy, happiness all of this I could feel when I watched it. Bittersweet end, with Furuya taking all the glory, when he pitched only ONE inning and Kawakami and Sawamura were overshadowed once again. So shame and I am so sorry for them, especially Sawamura, because I love this happy, loud child. I wish he could pitch last inning too, because he was so great, but Kataoka needed to replace him to another injured player. I don't get it at all. It was reckless move of him, very. What will they do when Yakushi's batters will hit and they will score? Furuya could pitch only one inning and they didn't have any pitchers to go for another innings... So stupid and I'm so angry about this decision, but I kinda became accustomed to understimate Sawamura all this time. *sigh* I loved 47 episode when Miyuki and Sawamura formed powerful battery against Todoroki and Sanada. I love their battery and I feel sad when I saw how much Miyuki like Furuya's pitching and how much he trust him... What about Sawamura? Eh, but there's nothing to be done about it. Maybe Koushuu-Sawamura duo will be the kind of Miyuki-Sawamura battery like I wanted to be.

Still it was fun series and I will be waiting for another season. Now I need a little pause before I will read Act II of manga :)
Aug 8, 2017 4:58 PM

Sep 2016
This is and season 1
Made me
Cry
Cry
Cry
Cry
Cry
Cry

And I GIVE THIS A

Aug 31, 2017 6:27 PM
Feb 2016
Actrion said:
Best sport anime: 1. Hajime no Ippo, 2. Diamond no Ace, 3. Haikyuu!. Well deserved place in TOP3. Can't wait for Nationals to be animated.

you haven't watched ashita no joe and ping pong then. ashita no joe is boxing
Aug 31, 2017 6:33 PM
Feb 2016
MeinKaiser said:
Actrion said:
Best sport anime: 1. Hajime no Ippo, 2. Diamond no Ace, 3. Haikyuu!. Well deserved place in TOP3. Can't wait for Nationals to be animated.

hah.. pleb

1. SlamDunk
2. Eyeshield 21
3, Major

you are the pleb man. your choices are great but ping pong and ashita no joe are the best sports anime. diamond no ace> major in some ways
Oct 15, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2015
Coach <3
He reminds me of my father
Oct 20, 2017 3:14 AM

Jun 2011
Damn that was a good ending, just as the first season's ending, it was freakin hype! Miyuki was bae asf.

Season 2 was really good, however started becoming really annoying, predictable and repetitive in the second half. The few games prior to this big finale felt like they were just passing moments, even though quite a few episodes were spent on fleshing out the games it felt like they were lazily written, basically feels, flashback, more feels and flashbacks. The last game feels the same but the final moments were great, especially during the final inning when Seido was trying to score at least a run. Feel kinda bad for Yakushi, they're a favorite of mine and Raichi is such a cutie.

Would love to have a season 3, hopefully with better games at Koshien, the hype would be unreal. Sawamura and Furuya's rivalry has just begun, I don't ever want Furuya to be dethroned though, just because Sawamura is the main character. Furuya worked equally hard to get to where he is, it wasn't like Furuya was taking shortcuts, both of them have their own unique skills.

P.S. the ost is nothing short of amazing. Glad Kataoka stayed. Wanted Ochiai in too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2018 7:59 PM

Dec 2013
That game ended quickly...

I wasn’t expecting tears from the coach.

A lot of feels in this episode. Such a fun journey!
Jan 17, 2019 3:47 PM

Nov 2016
Feel bad for Yakushi, but it was certain that Seido would win this.

And wow, it was an incredible finale, the best match in this series for sure.

On top of that, I was simply overwhelmed by the sheer emotions of the victory celebration, Kataokas tears and the part where the opening kicked in. Even teared up myself.

Awesome stuff and I'm pumped for the next season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 24, 2019 2:42 PM

Aug 2012
Kinda frustrated by the way the end of the match was handled, I mean sure it seemed very likely what the outcome would be but to just make the final inning a montage? Talk about destroying all the tension. What a massive anti-climax that was.

Also what's with showing them at Nationals right at the end. I mean I suppose they couldn't be sure they were ever going to make anymore but now it leaves that moment as being anti-climatic too.

So yeah I'm happy that they made it through this match and overall this season was pretty great but outside of the Coach's manly tears I have to say this was a pretty disappointing final episode.
Apr 10, 2019 9:04 PM

May 2015
Neat ending. So emotional, when they showed all the senpais and Sawamura ready to pitch.

I was worried that this season wouldn't be as hype as the first one, but there were some really good games and the feels. I'm cheering for the new Seido just as much as for the old one, excited to see new first-years in action as well.
May 30, 2019 11:36 PM

Aug 2009
My eyes started to tear up as I watched Coach Kataoka cry. He was so transparent, so candid, and pure. He allowed all of his emotions to spill out in the moment, being truly and genuinely thankful. It was a lovely scene, very touching and moving.

This ending was satisfying enough although I agree with the lot who feel that Sawamura shouldn't have been subbed out in the last inning. But everything worked out in the end, and now they get to play in more games!

Such a great ride, had me at the edge of my seat most of the time, and that's really hard to accomplish. A solid 9/10 from me! Now onward to Act II!!!

Jul 10, 2019 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
Finally it is Sawamura time to shine. Even coach Ochiai didin't believe that Furuya can come back from this situation.

I love how Asada respects his senpai and everyone are starting to acknowalage skill of Sawamura.

Also ending hits hard.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 22, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2015
Since Sawamura is the protagonist, I thought he would pitch in the last inning but Furuya did instead. That was an epic pitching from Furuya, taking them to the nationals, I'm really proud of him and the rest! That statement to the third years by the coach certainly hit me, that was the first time seeing him show emotions. He deserved that victory toss! I can't believe he stayed though, I thought he would quit.

Overall enjoyable season, but I would've be super glad if they played and beat Inashiro. That revenge match is still lingering in my view, I want to see them completely crush Mei. I can't wait to see them in the nationals in the second act!

9/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 30, 2019 8:24 PM
Dec 2009
This episode hit right in the feels. What an amazing ride it has been. 9/10
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Dec 17, 2019 4:40 PM

Sep 2018
Ehhh?! What happened? No dialogue and such? It's already intense game then.... Weird! The music is weird too. It stop my intense feel! but.. still I'm happy Seidou wins!! It such a boring climax though.

I still can't believe Senpai didn't experience Koshien >,< they are my favorite team!!! They are much stronger than new team now 😞

WAHHHHHHHH!!!! Coach Kataoka cry!! I'm crying too T--------T
This is great ending! I love it ❤
Feb 7, 2020 2:50 AM
Aug 2013
I need to go punch a wall after this episode, the feelings man.. the feelings :'(
The beginning of it was interesting to say the least, in regards of the music choice.
But the ending, man, the ending, unbelievable how the 3rd year albeit only showing up in the first season (as "main characters") have such presence for a viewer of this anime, it's really great to see!
Feb 7, 2020 12:41 PM

Mar 2017
Damn it, the ending part was tear jerking T_T

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

May 8, 2020 9:00 AM
May 2020
Wowwwww I love how no one in the crowd yelled for sawamura at the end. As if him and nori didn’t pitch everything but the last three outs. Ungrateful people. All I heard was “zono, Kazuya, and Furuya” like come on now. Then everyone talking about “Furuya he played like a true ace” “or I wanted to bat against Furuya” no one talked about sawamura or nori or their growth. Like it’s sosooo annoying this the second time that I’ve complained about everyone getting compliments except samurai. I wouldn’t even complain about this if the author would give him the same respect. Like I get it’s about the team and rivalries and theirs more than one mc but damnit at least treat sawmaura like one. He literally is a side character. They cheered for everyone and didn’t mention him once. I just want to see them proud of him after a game. The only time they have is when he pitched all the innings and that’s because they had no choice. Sorry this comment is negative but I haven’t finished the episode I’m just watching the part where the crowd cheered and got annoyed.
Jun 22, 2021 6:09 AM

Jan 2014
S1=6/10
S2= 5/10
It’s not going the right direction for me, I never would have expected to be complaining about an anime having a slow pace but here I am, wishing for something different. Furuya feels like such an extra that the author carefully wanted to not feel left out by giving him nice place for his role, he doesn’t feel like fire to me tho, hard to appreciate him even tho he’s surely talented. This baseball team let’s everyone grow in the most comfortable yet strong environment without getting too chaotic, or tries to.... IDK WHAT TO SAY REALLY BUT SOMETHING IS EXTRA YET SOMETHING IS MISSING, I WANT A DIFFERENT PASSION OR SHIIT
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Sep 23, 2021 6:45 AM

Aug 2009
the music for the last inning was so weird and felt out of place, a shame they didn't do better, but overal it was a good show, still slow but fun to watch
Nov 2, 2021 4:24 PM

Jul 2015
I really missed the awesome third-years on the team this season as their replacement (except Maezono) are while capable honestly quite forgettable in my opinion. Same flaws as in s1 (pointless cliffhangers, repeated scenes), but fantastic season where Eijun, Furuya and the rest show some great improvement and also getting that huge win by going to Koshien!

Feb 22, 2022 7:59 AM
Jun 2021
Gosh I love sports anime😤
Nov 21, 2022 5:21 PM
May 2020
That was a perfect final episode of a season! Especially when we know that the show isn't over yet!
Dec 20, 2022 7:49 PM

Oct 2015
It's not perfect, but Diaya no Ace is one of the best sports anime out there. It is also my favorite along with Haikyuu. It's my third time watching but the enjoyment is still there. I love this series so much. :>

Now on to Act II! :D
   HuaLian <3
Dec 30, 2022 2:27 AM
Jul 2021
I LOVE IT I LOVEEE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, it's worth crying for. Every small details in this last episode is worth seeing tho the one thing I noticed was the small smile furuya showed when sawamura said that he's gonna steal the ace number, I think that furuya can feel that it is possibl, that sawamura might actually get the ace that's why he's smile is sus lol. there time in the koshien was short and I still haven't read the manga but I hope the made a full story about it and I want to see more of their growth. the next season will have new characters but I still hope that the third years made it to the nationals. Just imagine them paying at koshien it would have been the best and strong team
Jul 14, 2023 11:00 PM

Aug 2019
I’m glad that they won, Nori and Eijun did an excellent job throughout the game and it’s thanks to them and all of the players that they got so far.

I think after this, coach kataoka will have no reason for him to leave.

The senior scene was emotional, they truly help the team when they needed them the most. I LOVE YOU CHRIS.

Miyuk is half dead 💀

Oh my gosh the ending for me sobbing

So coaching is staying!! Hell yeah.

EIJUN LETS GOOOOO.
Jul 30, 2023 2:25 PM

May 2018
I'M SO PROUD, I'M SO PROUD, I'M SO PROUD, I'M SO PROUD ! CONGRATS SEIDOU ! FINALLY, TO THE NATIONAL TOURNAMENT NEXT !

Okay, let's be serious here. First, what's with the fast-forward pitching scene from Furuya? To be honest, I felt a little disappointed because it is their national win after 7 years, and suddenly they show the last moment of winning just like that? It is just too rushed for me. Did the author really want Furuya to be the ace just like that? I mean, he had no obstacles at all in that last inning. Maybe they could have created some drama, just like they did for Sawamura, but I guess it is not good either because we don't want to focus only on Furuya. Hmmm, I have mixed feelings about it.

Can't believe it.

Coach Kataoka is crying in front of the 3rd-year students. I'm crying hard too. It is so emotional that I end up crying too. What the heck? The winter training, Christmas party, New Year celebration, and graduation scenes are so emotional. I can't stop crying. Can't wait to see them again in the next season!

What's with the scene of Sawamura's grandpa annoying Furuya's grandpa at the stadium, though? Since when did they become buddies? That's so funny, haha.
Aug 10, 2023 6:20 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Fuck me this ended strong. Upping my score back to an 8 after this ep.

There were a couple times early and mid-through this season I thought about dropping the show, but I’m glad I didn’t. This last game was excellent.

I was surprised that they sped through Furuya’s pitching and showed the win like that, but it just goes to show how dominant he was. I really like Yakushi as an antagonist team. Much more interesting than most of the teams we saw this season.

Assistant coach has surprisingly grown on me lol.

Bruh when the coach started crying holy crap. That hit me in the feels.

Love Sawamura and Furuya’s rivalry. Goats man.

All the music and montages hit me in the feels too 😭😭 gonna miss Chris-senpai

So much content in one episode!!! Sawamura is pitching at nationals hell yeah. Time for S3 😍
Sep 22, 2023 6:05 PM
Sep 2023
Es bastante entretenido y bueno
Dec 14, 2023 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting way to end the match at the start of the episode with the music.
Seeing Kataoka tear up was so damn good, he finally gets the acknowledgement of his coaching.

Solid second season, pretty much more of what the first season brought minus the third year players.
It was fun learning more of the other teams too and I think they did a great job making all of them stand out in some way, even the supposed weaker teams they faced.

Glad to see Kataoka staying though!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

50 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2015

35 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2015

47 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2015

55 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

85 by nnagi »»
Sep 21, 2023 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.