Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 2, 2012 6:16 AM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed the gun fight in this episode
May 2, 2012 7:01 PM

Jan 2008
As much as I appreciate more Chinatsu since she's awesome, the gunfight was retarded. That one guy who looks like Sully from Uncharted (can't remember his name) had multiple chances to shoot both of the Orchestra guys in the back with his pistol but he didn't take any of those opportunities.

When he did finally fire, he essentially shouted "HEY GUYS I'M ABOUT TO SHOOT YOU SO YOU BETTER PROTECT YOURSELF" and gave them plenty of time to raise the riot shield to protect themselves.

Not only that, but sharkman can shoot two snipers (who seemingly just sat there watching the fight rather than actually trying to fire) at that distance perfectly, but can't hit a kid running in a straight line towards them? I'm fine with movie logic usually but that's just going too far.

God damn it. The first couple of episodes were great fun and entertaining, but this was a massive let down. Even Black Lagoon didn't pull this shit to such a ridiculous level and that was obviously a huge source of inspiration for this series.
May 3, 2012 4:48 AM

Aug 2010
I have my problems with the shoot-out, but it was a good episode apart from that. And I actually like the Chinatsu. 4/5.
May 3, 2012 6:47 PM
Aug 2010
I like this episode but that shoot-out was really bad.
May 4, 2012 2:44 AM

Jan 2010
The women are so fucking amazing in this anime. Valmet and her crush on Koko is adorable.

Seasonreaper said:
That one guy who looks like Sully from Uncharted

lmfao best comparison ever.
May 16, 2012 9:50 AM

Mar 2009
Jonah x Koko all the way!!!~ *.*/ <333
Jun 16, 2012 2:56 PM

Oct 2010
its strange, i don't think i know what this series is actually trying to be, its a bit slow paced for an action, i hope that becomes a factor of originality that i like about it
Jun 22, 2012 11:35 PM

Dec 2010
im trying to love this series soo much because it has guns and shit but FUCK! its like the ak47s bullets took a 90 degree angle split instantly as soon as it cam out of the barrel. LIKE WATTAFUCK!!!
HI
Jun 22, 2012 11:37 PM

Dec 2010
and dont get me started with those poor unfortunate snipers that got BOOM HEADSHOT! raaaawwr
HI
Jun 27, 2012 3:11 PM
Jun 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
I would go out with her.

Sorry to break it to you, kiddo, but she isn't real.
Jul 3, 2012 10:37 AM

Jan 2010
Jonah + Koko...Oh, I love it ^__^
Jonah is so cute :3
Jul 13, 2012 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
>can't hit a single bullet on a kid who's running straight to him like an idiot
>headshot on two snipers hidden on the building's roof

makes sense
roquefortJul 13, 2012 2:48 PM
Aug 8, 2012 7:04 AM

Jan 2012
If you haven't dropped this series after this 3rd EP, you're lying to yourself about how good this piece of shit anime is.
Sep 30, 2012 6:14 AM

Feb 2012
no logic here,but dont really care.
Oct 1, 2012 2:32 AM

Jul 2008
Elite60 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shoot out was intense although silly at times. Also, I find it funny Jonah was running guns blazing in the open and not get hit once. Usual movie shootout logic.

There was quite alot of nonsense in this episode.

Lutz was standing perfectly to the side of those two, but instead of shooting them dead, he is calling for backup?

And the bad guys can't hit Jonah, but they can hit snipers 5 stories up?

Lots of nonsense...

still like the show though.
Oct 18, 2012 3:29 PM

Apr 2012
Ah, it's so nice to watch this again! I'm glad I decided to pick up where I left; I've read almost the whole manga, but for once I like the anime better. Dunno why, but it keeps a better hold of my attention.

Koko kissing Jonah on the cheek was nice, although I'm still all for Koko x Valmet.
Jan 13, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2011
Chinatsu is a very interesting character. Love them eyes. :)
Apr 12, 2013 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Another awesome episode, love the Orchestra girl she has personality. Or maybe it was the OP where she was w/o panties? oh well.
So many awesome screenshots on the first page of this thread that I wont post any, awesome!
Apr 22, 2013 5:55 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty great episode.
Chinatsu is growing me. Has that same smile as Koko and cute.Ha they tell her she don't have panties.
Johnan is badass by trying to shoot him by running. He looks like Riley from boondocks a little lol.
That gun magic at the beginning was very great.
5/5
Jun 21, 2013 11:39 PM
Feb 2009
no panties yumm
Jan 10, 2014 1:37 PM

Oct 2013
Even Dark skinned characters can blush in anime.
Jan 15, 2014 10:14 PM

Jul 2013
That Chinatsu is.... something..
Feb 20, 2014 1:54 AM
Nov 2013
Jesus Christ please don't become another promising series ruined by shit gunfights like Black Lagoon.

This gunfight was pretty atrocious, I can't stand people standing out in the open and not getting shot. Not to mention charging straight at someone who has a riot shield and an assault rifle would NEVER fucking work. It's not entertaining to watch like a well thought out gunfight, it's just stupid. Anyone else notice that when Big guy ran out of ammo and dropped the riot shield, Jonah and whats-his-face just fucking sat there for no reason instead of shooting them in the goddamn back? YOU MAKE NO SENSE.

Oh, and this:
Seasonreaper said:
Not only that, but sharkman can shoot two snipers (who seemingly just sat there watching the fight rather than actually trying to fire) at that distance perfectly
Apr 14, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome episode ... Orchestra eh? Yeah, Chinatsu certainly is ... interesting :P Obsessed with making "music" out of people's screams and stuff eh ... well they've got some pretty freaking cool weapons to go along with it at least? XD
Jonah skipping his classes ... tsk tsk! Following Koko and Valmet on their date eh? Well I guess it's a good thing he did ... since they were being targeted by Orchestra D: Jonah trying to protect Koko was super cute though :3
Logic because hitting snipers from so far away ... and then not getting hit while Jonah was charging at him LOL XD Yeah, important people are never really hit are they :P Still, awesome and fun to watch ... not to mention some pretty sweet BGM to go with it :D
Jan 9, 2015 10:34 AM
Jun 2013
ha shes naked under that skirt and dam that was brutal. In still would have looked even if she lacked the assests i wanted. Boo school work. ok no panties girls has a thing for shark mouth. Johna getting cheek kiss was a bit weird and it always seems cops suck at these situations. The gun fight was pretty cool and the back and forth talking was entertaining.
Jan 19, 2015 1:23 PM

Feb 2014
"Gunfire is a symphony of farts."

This show kind of seems like a poor man's version of Black Lagoon, but every once in a while it pulls off something laugh-out-loud hilarious.
Mar 14, 2015 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
That shootout was ridiculous, Jonah 'dodging' all the bullets coming his way while Valmet on the other hand managed to get hit after a couple of bullets.

Still, its anime...
Apr 24, 2015 7:44 PM

Apr 2013
Seasonreaper said:
As much as I appreciate more Chinatsu since she's awesome, the gunfight was retarded. That one guy who looks like Sully from Uncharted (can't remember his name) had multiple chances to shoot both of the Orchestra guys in the back with his pistol but he didn't take any of those opportunities.

When he did finally fire, he essentially shouted "HEY GUYS I'M ABOUT TO SHOOT YOU SO YOU BETTER PROTECT YOURSELF" and gave them plenty of time to raise the riot shield to protect themselves.

Not only that, but sharkman can shoot two snipers (who seemingly just sat there watching the fight rather than actually trying to fire) at that distance perfectly, but can't hit a kid running in a straight line towards them? I'm fine with movie logic usually but that's just going too far.

God damn it. The first couple of episodes were great fun and entertaining, but this was a massive let down. Even Black Lagoon didn't pull this shit to such a ridiculous level and that was obviously a huge source of inspiration for this series.

This pretty much sums up everything I came in here to say. I've learned to accept things like this but it's still annoying.
Sep 1, 2015 3:16 PM

May 2012
Quite liked the action in this episode! Looking forward to see what's next!
Nov 18, 2015 11:50 PM

Feb 2010
For an anime featuring guns basically as the main theme, running straight ahead into an ak-47 and not getting a single scratch after almost an entire clip is just downright silly. Interesting premises for the show, but these guys should at least look like they can shift into evasive maneuvers during gun fights :l

Dec 19, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
Even your birthday suit wouldn't get me going , what a pervert line.

Dec 20, 2015 9:28 PM

Jan 2015
Sacrifising his life but saved by a comrad
Feb 24, 2016 7:06 AM

Feb 2015
Yumekichi11 said:
Makes no sense why they would do this to drag shit around. Just kill the SOB team to move to other enemies? How hard is to understand viewers would love to see many bad guys to be shot and variations. Don’t drag the shit. I noticed it a lot in animes nowadays.

yeah, this group is really getting on my nerves. my brother and i found so many holes when they could have ended it long ago.

kiradesu said:
That jonah brat annoys the hell out of me!

i don't see how you see him as a brat.

Blind_Guardian said:
Glad I'm not the only one who thought the gunfight this episode was kinda poorly portrayed ... especially Jonah's suicidal charge directly into the face of a firing AK-47 on full auto. You'd think a richochet or stray shot at least would've had a good chance of hitting him, much less with the guy firing directly at him the whole time. Especially considering he later got two police snipers a few minutes later with headshots from well further away. OK, he was under fire himself and shooting around a tower shield, but they could've at least shown the bullets whizzing by millimeters from Jonah's screaming face.

glad to see i'm not the only one thinking that was stupid and extremely childish of him. they want to make him this all mature "dead" person and then he does nonsensical things.

Oni_Link said:
Even Dark skinned characters can blush in anime.

that proves how powerfully he was blushing, that's all.

-----
the beginning when they shot that man up...dang, that was on horrific end.

the gun scene (i suspect there will be at least one every episode) was boring so i can't say much about that. this episode was more about questions than anything else so you can't really say anything until the next one(s).

oh and the part when the dude was talking to jonah and the music played, it sounded so much alike to the kuroshitsuji OST. low and behold it's the same composer :P he's really good doing dark themes and he certainly doesn't fall short on this.

side note: why doesn't everyone just call jonah jiyona instead of dropping the j sound? it's really kinda annoying to heard them say "yona" because i would have never guessed they were trying to say jonah.

speaking of jonah, that's a very specific name. i don't think i've heard 2 boys in my life called that name. the only other one i've heard is the one from that supermarket show and that's fictional anyway.

to add more to that, the japanese word for the show is "yorumungando". they didn't add the "ji" part on that either.
TomDayFeb 24, 2016 7:55 AM
Nov 13, 2016 7:36 PM

Sep 2014
I think that was some of the worst action I've seen in anime. God damn it was bad LOL! It was not only boring but made no sense.
Feb 6, 2017 9:03 AM

Mar 2010
Goku said:
I think that was some of the worst action I've seen in anime. God damn it was bad LOL! It was not only boring but made no sense.
Yeah, I felt the same - at this range even airsoft guns would be more deadly than what was happening on screen, I think I'll spare myself watching the rest of the show and move on to something else. After all people praise this show as a weaker Black Lagoon, and I wasn't particularly fond of BL, too.

That's some signature, eh?
Jun 22, 2017 5:24 PM

Jan 2017
I get how it works now, police and hired goons are instant kill regardless of how nutty the shot would be but anyone else no chance of hitting anywhere near them.

Like I get wanting to prolong fights or do whatever but it really kills it if its so damn unbelievable that it makes it hard to watch.
Jul 15, 2017 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
I am surprise to see that they couldn''t stop this weak enemy in single episode. Lol.

Mar 23, 2019 5:29 AM

Aug 2016
Lol, that little plaza gunfight was just silly, they shot full auto each other from few meters and nothing happens for several minutes. But else it was entertaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2019 9:28 PM
Jul 2016
This show is stupid and ridiculous, several of the characters repeatedly come out of cover while shooting or getting shot at but nobody can hit any but air. Meanwhile the cops who were on the roof had a clear shoot to snipe the hitman but instead get sniped despite being barely visible, from the ground by one of the hit man with an AK - one of the most notoriously inaccurate assault rifles ever made. Yeah I get it, plot armor but at least write a more plausible scenario, what I'm seeing is just freaking laziness.
Sep 17, 2019 4:33 PM

Mar 2018
Rain_Machika said:
This show is stupid and ridiculous, several of the characters repeatedly come out of cover while shooting or getting shot at but nobody can hit any but air. Meanwhile the cops who were on the roof had a clear shoot to snipe the hitman but instead get sniped despite being barely visible, from the ground by one of the hit man with an AK - one of the most notoriously inaccurate assault rifles ever made. Yeah I get it, plot armor but at least write a more plausible scenario, what I'm seeing is just freaking laziness.
I agree that whole firefight was just silly.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 29, 2020 5:07 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was a mixed bag for me. It was entertaining and stupid again like the previous episode, but stuff like Jonah's suicide run to engage Maestro was even more stupid than levels of entertaining-dumb. He just ran a straight line with no deviation and got no bullet wound whatsoever. Look I know in Hollywood action movies, you get scenes where the main guy dodges all the bullets but at least there are reasons why they struggle to hit, but this was all close range for the most part with no external factors affecting it but Maestro just being incompetent at shooting, which the show is not trying to portray at all. Normally the show can balance intensity with exaggeration and fun well but this felt wacky.

I did like the fact that Jonah was just clueless with maths, and his bodyguard instincts were on full force this time around when trying to protect Koko (guy even got kissed on the cheek by her and got to run with her hand in hand in duty). Valmet sadly didn't get the perfect outcome for her date compared to what Jonah was receiving. Lucky kid?

I will also say, another thing that disappointed me about this episode was the portrayal of UAE, in this case, Dubai. Kind of irritated me more than a lot of other people since I was born and raised in the United Arab Emirates and know very well how Dubai is, and this show did a really half-assed job with showcasing the setting - just showing a couple shots of skyscrapers and buildings, warm weather with a desert shot and duty free stores/gallerias. That's really all they showed. The lack of detail in showcasing the setting - for example, lack of other citizens in Arabian clothing or the lack of Arabic text that's there in all buildings/shops' front signs, etc, fell really lazy for me. A part of me wish this show got the effort that Great Pretender did when it came to fleshing out the setting as much as possible while still maintaining the fun and craze of what's happening here.
Mar 9, 2021 11:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The gunfight was a bit silly at times, but damn if I don't ship Sofia and Koko. Those two complement each other nicely.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2022 7:25 AM

Nov 2016
Chinatsu and her master are a hilariously nuts duo.

Another dumb fun action episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2022 12:22 PM
Mar 2022
Fantastic episode...

Jonah not knowing math was kinda obvious but still was funny and he was right...it's a "bunch" of wheels XD

Koko is awesome, her personality and charisma along with her optimism. Is what makes you follow her. Valmer "date" with Koko watching Valmer blush was cute...

When Koko kissed Jonah's cheek was cute specially the way he blushed... Shipping, SHOTA!!

Orchestra is not bad the guy is a typical assassin and Chinatsu is crazy and kinda freaky, I like her...

Lehm was great he saved Jonah and said to him what needed to be said, don't go and waste your life just to kill the enemy...

Well seems like next episode have much more action and gunfire... BANG!
Apr 16, 2023 5:02 PM

Mar 2010
That gun fight.. was just a dumpster fire of a mess lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 AM

Nov 2010
Chinatsu is cute! I wonder if she's still a virgin. Her outfit is making me horny! If I were her boss, I'd be screwing her lots!
How many wheels are on three planes? A lot. Haha!
What kind of an assassination attempt was that? Chinatsu had plenty of chances to kill Koko.
That gunfight looked cool but extremely silly. I had to shut down my brain during those scenes. Haha
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2012

92 by povsuduvolosy »»
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

164 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

93 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

227 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.