Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2016 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting performance by Phichit. I love how this series showcases the best of the best in this competition with its diverse cultural style and talent.

Of course there's also Yuri and his performance. I think he went with a slightly more aggressive style but still is able to impress the audience. I like how Yurio made that little grin at the end where it's like he expected it from his rival.

So yeah, I feel like the episode was an apex of the show so far where it presents what competition really is like when it comes to ice skating. Others to keep an eye on are Georgi, Leo, Christopher, etc. Every skater has their own unique personality, talent, and way to convey their message to the audience.
Stark700Nov 9, 2016 12:28 PM
Nov 9, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2010
As expected, Yuri is in first place after the short program.

I love how Phichit, Guang, and Leo are all friendly competitors to Yuri! Everyone gets along, but they also drive each other in competition.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 9, 2016 12:27 PM

Aug 2009
I HOPE NEXT EPISODE YURI PERFORMS WITH A NEW OUTFIT AND SONG !!
Nov 9, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2014
The character models are still very rough during the performance. I still wish it looked better but I know the animators are having a really tough time with all this movement that needs to be conveyed.

Entertaining episode again, I love how it gives each character texture through their performances.
Nov 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2015
SS Perfect !
10/10 animation this episode
I don't think he will finsh 1st after the free program, he is facing too many pros
Nov 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2010
Daisuki said:

I love how Phichit, Guang, and Leo are all friendly competitors to Yuri! Everyone gets along, but they also drive each other in competition.

my thoughts exactly.

furthermore,
yuri is just too cute with his "I'll win with the power of love!"
he's so precious. every episode he's just determined to climb up my list of favorite characters.

and mila's commentary about georgio's performance got my cracking up.
but chris' performances was incredibly hilarious.
all that butt touching and caressing of his own body sent my flying into the heavens ahahaha~
cottonpieNov 9, 2016 1:17 PM
Nov 9, 2016 12:43 PM
Sep 2015
AGDIDKDNDBJDJ I can't with this show!!
Chris grabbed Yuri's ass O.O

Is Victor x Yuri x Chris a thing now???!!

Dat ass tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

After watching this episode...
YuckydiyuckNov 9, 2016 1:44 PM
Nov 9, 2016 12:43 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, it gets very apparent that the animation is not up to the quality of the first like 3 episodes anymore, but we're still good.

Georgi is top tier.
Nov 9, 2016 12:46 PM

May 2012

HOLY SHI-... KYAAAAAAAAAA <3

EDIT:

"I think I'm gonna cum" - Chris

"The ice looks soaking wet." - Phichit

I CANNOT :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
sheidesuNov 9, 2016 1:01 PM
Nov 9, 2016 12:47 PM

Jun 2014
This was a lot of fun, loved seeing all of the different skaters shine with their own styles. I don't want this show to end ;_ ;.
:3
Nov 9, 2016 12:48 PM
Aug 2015
I want moaaaaa〜 Yuri is cool af like always <3
WHY DID THAT SWISS GUY GRAB HIS BUTT EVERY MINUTE OH GOD THE CRINGE
Nov 9, 2016 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
The animation quality might be dropping a little bit, but the gayness is still going up.
Nov 9, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.
*Insert Obligatory Yaoi on Ice comment here*

Watching the different skaters perform, Each with their own culture, lifestyles and motives is very interesting and really fun.

I really like how all the performers get along well with each other and seem really friendly.

Yuri's performance was amazing, Interesting how all the competition and everyone's opinion on how he's taken Victor away made his performance more aggressive and impactful. Couldn't help but grin when he nailed all his jumps and finished his performance. Even Victor praised him, Nice going Yuri. :D
Apart from Yuri, My second favorite performance was Leo. A simple pure hearted performance about how music has helped him, Very nice. :)

Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 9, 2016 1:05 PM

Oct 2014
iiiiiiiiiiiiii squeeeeeal*! I can't help to ship Yuri and Victor! I just wanted to hide while watching this ep ε=ε=(ノ≧∇≦)ノ
Nov 9, 2016 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
Victor: "I'm surprised you can sleep in such a cramped seat!"

A second later

Victor is sleeping next to Yuri

Me: SO CONVINCING VICTOR! ALMOST BELIEVED YOU!

There was thongs flying, butt touching, naked selfies, shoving my face into your face, touching feeling my butt, and last but not least, ORGASM!( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) The fanservices never disappoint in this series.

That aside, it seems like in skating the jumps are impressive but why do I like the deliver of the performance rather than the jumps themselves?
Nov 9, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2010
Mula said:

Dat ass tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS GIF.
Nov 9, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
what amazing performances but I have to say I love that someone threw a stuffed bunny at the end of yuri's performance.
Nov 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Nov 2016
Like every Wednesday I spent the whole day singing History Maker to myself.

Great episode again. I can wait to see how Yuri will handle being in first place.

I know complaining about the animation is pointless but their arms looked weird during choreographies.

I liked Leo's approach. More sane that Georgi's one (he was scary AF xD). That Chris-guy was also scary but in a different way, lol.
Nov 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
Chris makes me feel uncomfortable. Good thing he got the fifth place cause he wasn't sexy at all. Also how dare he harass Yuri
Nov 9, 2016 1:29 PM
Oct 2013
yuri's short program made me sweat for real yo, not like pouring but i did sweat for pretty much no reason lol
Nov 9, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was so good, everything was so amazing. First we start right away with Victor and Yakov and can I just say that Yakov looks like he is kinda afraid of Victor? I mean he doesn't recognize him as a true coach but in the end of the episode but Yuuri ranked first so... we will see our the next performances will go!

Phichit is so cute!! When he arrived the restaurant Yuuri and Victor were omg too cute and too fashionable haha. I feel sorry for the younger kids though, they shouldn't be allowed to see that or at least have jeans and underwear on their faces I mean... Victor please haha

I'm not usually a fan of yaoi or shounen ai at all but Victor and Yuuri are too cute. I guess that I like how their relationship is developing and that Yuuri is becoming better and better because he has Victor by his side but also because he feels like he needs to prove to other that he is good on his own as well. Hopefully the pressure of being first place won't affect his performance next episode cause I would hate to see that...

Chris though.. So much butt touching on this episode. I wonder if there is actually a real person that acts the way he did on the ice skating business, that would be something fun to watch.

ALSO I'M SO HAPPY WE GOT TO SEE YURIO ON THIS EPISODE MORE THAN WE DID ON THE LAST ONE!!

It's also funny how the episodes go by, Yuuri gains more confidence on himself and keeps asking Victor to only look at him, I wonder if he feels like he could loose Victor, and I don't mean this as a romantic way but like Victor decide or others make him think that it's time to go back to ice skating and I'm sure Yuuri doesn't want that.

This story is so interesting, I just want to know what will happen next. Fingers crossed for Yuuri and for Phichit!!
Nov 9, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2016
Gayness Level:

I MEAN

I'm so proud of Yuri :'D That was his best so far. And I have a crush on Pichit already >///< I miss Yurio though... sorry i just can't help but fangirl so hard after this ep
Nov 9, 2016 1:43 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautiful episode, with greats dances on ice!!!
Nov 9, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2013
when yuri slicks his hair back and puts on the serious expression i always get reminded of the main character of parasyte o.o

nice ep.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 9, 2016 1:50 PM

Jun 2015
Fantastic episode!! The skating animation looks absolutely gorgeous as usual, but there are still some places where the normal facial animation and movements look a bit stiff or off-model, but it's probably just me being overly critical lol. (It still looks pretty gorgeous though!) I mean, when you have a series with extremely animation demanding scenes (the skating scenes), it makes sense.

That "I think I'm gonna come" line made me laugh but also feel a bit weirded out XD

The chemistry between Viktor and Yuri is SO THERE. Last episode kinda confirmed it, but it seemed like a more "I'm thankful for you" love. I WANT VIKTOR X YURI TO BE REAL

AHHH I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK
FranklyNerdyNov 9, 2016 2:16 PM
Nov 9, 2016 1:59 PM

Sep 2010
Nice episode! A lot of new characters. Focus lies a bit more on the actual ice skating this time
Don't think I ever get tired of seeing Yuri perform his eros - program; he gets cooler each time he does it

The swiss guy is weeeeeird - not too sure if I like him
Nov 9, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode once more.

Yuri taking the initiative? Sure, it's freaking HOT! <3
And Chris grabbing Yuri's butt? Why not, another hot scene and a rival for Victor! Hehe, wouldn't object to Victor x Yuri x Chris though ^^

The Russian guy was just hilarious! Couldn't stop laughing. But I really hope his ex is not gonna come back to reestablish their relationship, I'd hate her for that. (But I already dislike her, so what does it matter? :D)
Nov 9, 2016 2:11 PM

Feb 2011
I was feeling so down today, but as always, this show made my day. :'>
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 9, 2016 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
This ep is everything. I mean man it looks so cool when we have a lot of skaters not only three or two. Now I'm waiting for Miyano Mamoru's character haha. ^^

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 9, 2016 2:13 PM

Sep 2010
kyanedris said:
Nice episode once more.

Yuri taking the initiative? Sure, it's freaking HOT! <3

TRUE THAT

Yuri's getting more and more mature and tough
Nov 9, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2015
They just had to, hadn't they?

Nov 9, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
Does anyone know how to find the song the guy from the USA danced to, "Still Alive"? Grateful for any help ;-)
Nov 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Sep 2010
TaeRim said:
This ep is everything. I mean man it looks so cool when we have a lot of skaters not only three or two. Now I'm waiting for Miyano Mamoru's character haha. ^^

did you just say Mamoru Miyano? And here I was thinking that this anime couldn't possibly get better
Nov 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
I'm so glad Yuri came first place and there are lots of lewd moments we all witness ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 9, 2016 2:20 PM
May 2015
Firstly LMAO at Cristophe's orgasm moment. And Phichit's remark XD
It's evident where the budget went this week
DAT ASS.

As usual the Victuuri moments fed my fujo-soul.

Yuuri,Victor and the fandom are so proud of you right now. Good job!

I loved the music which was used by all the newer characters this week. Didn't think I'd hear music with lyrics in it. But none of the routines really struck me like Minami's did.

LOL poor Georgi got NTR-ed. I loved how into the theme h was that he started crying mid-performance.

The animation got really lazy but I can look past it.

I'm excited to see what Yurio has in store for us.
Nov 9, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
KuroYume-96 said:
TaeRim said:

did you just say Mamoru Miyano? And here I was thinking that this anime couldn't possibly get better

Actually yes he's the voice of Jean Jack Leroy! pls wait for him

Nov 9, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2014
hahhahah i laught so much so funny
the best was yuri of course and yes he was lots of different than before he is beginning to be like...victor...love lo ve love ....
Nov 9, 2016 2:24 PM

Sep 2010
TaeRim said:
KuroYume-96 said:

Oh I'll wait! His voice makes everything way better

At the beginning I found it a bit of a shame that he didn't voice Viktor
(but Suwabe Junichi does a great job as Viktor)
Nov 9, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
KuroYume-96 said:
TaeRim said:

Oh I'll wait! His voice makes everything way better

At the beginning I found it a bit of a shame that he didn't voice Viktor
(but Suwabe Junichi does a great job as Viktor)

Yeah I feel you. He's voice is perfect and makes everything perfect too. ;-;

Nov 9, 2016 2:33 PM
Sep 2015
kyanedris said:
Does anyone know how to find the song the guy from the USA danced to, "Still Alive"? Grateful for any help ;-)

The 'Still Alive' song is by Matt Cab & Wise. I think we'll need to wait a while before the OSTs are released, since the anime is relatively new.
Nov 9, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2016
6/5 I cried many happy gay tears for my new otp <3
Nov 9, 2016 2:41 PM

Dec 2011
Another great episode.Every new episode is better than the last one and Yuri this time did a perfect skating performance without any fault..
Also he is becoming more and more ero xD
Lots of new characters being introduced this episode and all their music choice are great :)
Nov 9, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
Guess the theme of the show is to get even more gayer each episode, but it doesn't take away from the actual shows appeal in terms of skating, which is good. But the dialogue does make me cringe still.

God episode though~
Nov 9, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2015
" The ice is soaking wet " JESUS GOD DAMN CHRIST ON A BIKE
It`s kind of hard to watch this show since it`s my first Yaoi show and I`m not gay, but the characters, music and animation is all so fantastic that i cant stop.
Also Chris is love
Nov 9, 2016 2:52 PM
Oct 2009
Steppenfuchs said:
Chris makes me feel uncomfortable. Good thing he got the fifth place cause he wasn't sexy at all. Also how dare he harass Yuri

Ikr, I was like, what are they talking about? He's just grabbing his own butt o_o I hope he fades into the background.

Also, dat quality animation /sarcasm. It can hardly get worse, which makes me very worried. It doesn't have to be ep1 quality, but right now it's distractingly bad. Like the part where they compliment the guy's footwork, but the frame cuts as the waist -_-
Nov 9, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2014
Mula said:
kyanedris said:

The 'Still Alive' song is by Matt Cab & Wise. I think we'll need to wait a while before the OSTs are released, since the anime is relatively new.

Thanks a lot! Would be great if it was out already but I guess I can wait for a while :-)
Nov 9, 2016 2:54 PM

Sep 2008
Oh... They should stop pretend that this show is just sport series and add at least shounen ai genre :P

Or I will think... all skaters are so gay for each other xD
Nov 9, 2016 2:58 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Phichit's choice of music is catchy & is getting the audience hyped up.

Great performance by Yuri. Congrats on 1st place so far.
"Don't take you eyes off me"

That Russian Skater is intense.

LOL Chris "I'm gonna come" The Sex appeal is strong in this show.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 9, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm the animation is getting worse... because of this some performances looked pretty awkward to me... it's such a pity :(
And the audience... urgh their sloppy faces and weird expressions...

Anyway loved those Victor x Yuri moments hahahha
Nov 9, 2016 3:06 PM

Oct 2011
It can't get more gay than this... * Waiting until next week *

Yuri and his Eros again... I can't get enough of it.

When I saw "Still Alive" in Leo's performance I can't help but think about that wasn't a triumph... I'm making a note here.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled

Jackson_rajkumar - Yesterday

26 by Giii_iii »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

473 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 9, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.