Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Mar 31, 2015 6:22 PM

Jun 2014
absorbs both mass and light.. so basically that things armor was a blackhole but with zero gravity....
Apr 25, 2015 2:48 PM

Jun 2012
cantius said:
xcess090 said:
None of the characters are appealing and aside from the OST, I dont really like anything,

I'm dropping this. The "epic" SNK esque music does not fit at all and is abominable to the ears.

I kind of felt the same way about the soundtracks. I really like them, but they use it so often that it seems more dramatic than the scene really is.
I still am liking the series, though.

Jul 14, 2015 2:24 PM
Jan 2010
Holy crap this episode is 6/5, but i'm afraid this might be peek of this anime, because if rest of the show was even remotely good it would have highish 8 on MAL i'm quite sure.
I wonder what did they fuck up :(
Dec 21, 2015 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
What? Actual strategy, and not because they have an overpowered mech? This is awesome.

Trillham, you traitor.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 13, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2015

I love it I love it I love it.
The music, once again, is brutal. Now we can see that the MC is a kuudere than can properly analyze the situation... I mean, anyone could lay victim of the fear of that giant robot that disintegrates everything it touches but he even understood its basic functions, how it bypassed the limitations and even made a plan...

The scenes after the ending were amazing too. Cruel, raw, but it was what I wanted. A la Urobuchi, "let's this guy live... for another 40 seconds".

Anyway, visually speaking this anime is really great! Even the Mecha's CGI is good!! (and there's a lot of CGI models)

PD: The sniper jaja, so clumsy.
Nov 6, 2016 5:06 PM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Fuck, that was great.
and Magical Princess was unexpected

That part was so epic!
Nov 7, 2016 7:44 AM

May 2009
OriginANIME said:
bastek66 said:
Fuck, that was great.
and Magical Princess was unexpected

That part was so epic!

And after and that Butcher left and series slowly progressed into total shit. Don't even bother with second season, it's boring and retarded.
Dec 21, 2016 4:29 PM

Sep 2015
I'm glad no one else from the Terrans died. Staine made the right choice towards the end following what he believed. Hope he joins the other Terrans and reunite with the princess.
Jul 8, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2015
Surprised Slaine turned against Trilliam just like that lol, he must really love the princess. I wonder what's going to happen with him. From what I've heard, lots of people seem to hate him so I'm curious to know why, but I guess I'll soon find out.

Well it's already episode 3 and all they've really managed to do so far is to "kill" one of the enemy commanders. Not too sure how I feel about the fact that these high schoolers were able to pull off what those adults couldn't.

Oh yeah, did any of them even remember the fact that Okisuke got killed???? or do they not even care about him enough to be sad about the fact that he's gone??? They've had quite a bit of moments to acknowledge his sacrifice, so what's up with that lolll.

caught in the wonder
Sep 26, 2017 9:52 PM

Jul 2009
Ah man, another great episode. The OST really brings a lot to this show. I like how they figured out the weakness of the barrier and how they worked to bring it down. Awesome stuff. Man I feel really stupid for not figuring out that the brown-haired girl was the princess until this episode ... I should have noticed lol >_< Either way glad to see everyone working together and Marito and Yuki both surviving :D Lol the after credits scene though, Slaine sure took action quickly after he learned that Trillram and them were traitors :P I'm guessing he's going to join Inaho and the crew to fight against the Martian invasion ... maybe? Probably? I mean that's the only thing that makes sense right? Other than ... how is everyone gonna react to blowing up Earth when they realize that Asseylum is alive LOL XD
Mar 19, 2018 2:09 AM

Aug 2017
The revelation of her survival was ruined in the previous episode. Could be much better if that scene didn't exist. Ok. Inaho and others find a way to defeat the villain. It was good. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 17, 2018 11:14 PM

Mar 2017
hearing the soundtracks beforehand really makes for a different watching experience

also didn't expect the princess to be that girl holding the grenade launcher in a meme I saw
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 31, 2019 8:46 PM

Aug 2018
That was a really good episode and the epilogue! Hell yes! That epilogue was satisfying!
Mar 13, 2020 4:21 PM

Feb 2018
Yeahh you are so cute Asseylum.
Jun 8, 2020 2:48 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Thats it! Ofc the traitor must die! Now Inaho surely going to be my next favourite MC with so emotionless personality. Great scenery! Amazing scenario! Easy explanations when needed. This episode was just so great, and very easy to understand. Good job whoever made this shit. I guess when Asyllum princess know reveal her self, the condition might be very complex and interesting. Lets see how the other guardian clan respond this unexpected turn of events.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 24, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2018
Nice strategy that Inaho came up with.

Apr 18, 2021 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
Inaho is smart.

The Sailor Moon type transformation of the princess was cool.
Apr 21, 2021 9:43 AM
Jul 2017
Rewatch comment:

Ost awesome. Princess reveal animation so cool, love the above gif. Inaho, you deductive bastard. I hate the smugness of the Martians. Voice acting done well to communicate their contempt.
Jun 5, 2021 8:37 AM

Dec 2019
the show is kinda slow but inaho seems cool and i have a weak spot for expressionless genius characters *sigh*

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Jun 8, 2021 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
Welp that proves it, she's the princess, after all, it's already pretty clear by the ED, though now I'm intrigued as to why she's here amongst the Terrans as if she's trying to survey their state of life and the Martian's oppression on them. I feel something big is behind her doing this, or am I just overthinking her apparent naive curiosity?

Anyway, we got some hopeful upbeat song for the students' first victory against one of the kataphrakt. Foolish bowl head dumbass ran out of his time to play when Inaho came into the scene with his strategic intellect. He may be spared by his shield enough for him to ditch his ride, but he will not be spared by several gunshots at point-blank range. Die like the vermin you are, rat.

Story-wise, it's still not enthralling one bit, though it's looking bright now the civilians and the students are free from the now-dead bowl head guy. I guess it's time for the princess' purpose to be brought to the light and that I assume will be the main plot.
Apr 22, 2023 3:54 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome episode. And good riddance to that Trillram. Traitor.
Jul 7, 2023 4:18 PM

Oct 2018
várias gostosas
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Dec 2022
Guess it's not an energy shield then. I did like how the mech was taken out, even if its surprising lack of any mobility for such an advanced mech played a part.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 21, 12:09 PM

May 2020
One.. two.. three.. four, five and yeah, mister traitor is done. Really though, the blonde guy who has hots for princess, will go as far as to kill his own peers, because one day he thinks he'd get the pussy.

Though him dying, I really do approve. By the way, our protag with absolutely zero emotions in practically every situation, is kind of irritating me now.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.