Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2016 11:05 PM
May 2015
Colon_3_Mf said:
KingKatsura said:

sadly they are so im not really interested in watching these girls hoola hoop in skimpy clothing

Have you ever seen hula? Girls sometimes wear somewhat skimpy clothing. It's nothing new.
what does this have to do with my post? obviously they chose this super niche premise for the sole purpose that it allows for sensual attire and movements amongst the cast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 11:10 PM

Nov 2012
hula dancing is not what i expected when i read the title "flying babies"..
Nov 6, 2016 1:51 AM

Dec 2015
Looks like some gross loli nonsense.

Titled Flying Babies, the project is set in Iwaki city and revolves around earthquake survivors who are aiming to become hula girls.

Seriously I'm done...I'm quitting anime forever.
Nov 6, 2016 1:53 AM

May 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Looks like some gross loli nonsense.

Titled Flying Babies, the project is set in Iwaki city and revolves around earthquake survivors who are aiming to become hula girls.

Seriously I'm done...I'm quitting anime forever.
this is exactly what I thought until I saw the trailer for the upcoming blame movie
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Nov 6, 2016 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
Nickienator said:
Sakana-san said:
the project is set in Iwaki city and revolves around earthquake survivors

Seems interesti-
Sakana-san said:
who are aiming to become hula girls.

holy shit, dude you made me burst out laughing, gold.

OT: the amount of responses is bigger then for most of news lol,

I wonder why.....
Nov 6, 2016 3:19 AM

Mar 2014
Okay, and what exactly does the title have to do with hula hula and earthquakes... ?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 6, 2016 3:51 AM

Mar 2015
i place my bet in something like this:

after the devastating earthquake,the most city population is gone, and only left some really small survivor... nothing industries or big economic income can be made to recover the city properly.... so they launching amature tourism project which bring the hope of the remaining people which the MC is center of it... flaying babies is the name of project, which mean bringing the hoping of people that the ameature project can compate, even above everything they expect..

just wild imagination thou... get this idea after the name of "baby step" from the plot of "declining population" trope... and ironicaly, this actually ever happened in my country TBH...

gotta be fun if actually real, or whatever plot the writer bring this up.. the title and the synopsis is comedy gold already...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 6, 2016 4:26 AM

Dec 2015
Red_Keys said:
Seems like two randomly selected english words thrown together because "kawaii english title", just like the two completely random and detached ideas of earthquakes and hula dancing are thrown together. Cause who needs creativity when you can just slop random shit together to be "unique" and "new"?

Random enough for the thing to have happened before in real life:
http://asianwiki.com/Hula_Girls (the movie cited in the article, based on the origin story of the center in the 60s)
http://asianwiki.com/Fukushima_Hula_Girls (looks like the events related in this documentary inspired the animation)
Nothing new then.
Rei_IIINov 6, 2016 4:30 AM
Nov 6, 2016 4:56 AM

Nov 2012
Rei366 said:
Red_Keys said:
Seems like two randomly selected english words thrown together because "kawaii english title", just like the two completely random and detached ideas of earthquakes and hula dancing are thrown together. Cause who needs creativity when you can just slop random shit together to be "unique" and "new"?

http://asianwiki.com/Hula_Girls (the movie cited in the article, based on the origin story of the center in the 60s)
http://asianwiki.com/Fukushima_Hula_Girls (looks like the events related in this documentary inspired the animation)
Nothing new then.

Basically, people trying to show how something is stupid are ignorant of what they are talking about. Eh.

OT: hope it has a tropical or all-beach setting.
SuperRedNov 6, 2016 5:05 AM
Nov 6, 2016 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
Rei366 said:
Red_Keys said:

Nothing new then.

wow, i never know japan actually do the same thing...

preach it brother... people ignorancies are real...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 6, 2016 8:05 AM

Oct 2016
Can't wait for the sequel, Flying Grandmas
Nov 6, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
KingKatsura said:
Colon_3_Mf said:

Have you ever seen hula? Girls sometimes wear somewhat skimpy clothing. It's nothing new.
what does this have to do with my post? obviously they chose this super niche premise for the sole purpose that it allows for sensual attire and movements amongst the cast.
Your avatar makes your posts lol worthy :D

Nov 6, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2011
Oh, hey!

Flying in Japanese would be pronounced 'furaingu'
Or, uh 'hulaingu'?
They're totally just trying to make a really bad pun right there.
Nov 6, 2016 11:06 AM

Sep 2012
Rei366 said:
Red_Keys said:

Nothing new then.
I'm sure this television anime will accurately, respectfully, and genuinely present the plights of these women.

Wait are these just movies or did this stuff actually happen
Nov 6, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
@Red_Keys I wasn't saying that at all. I was reacting to what you said about the concept. My goal was to point out the fact this idea of a hula hoop group used for revival/promotion was neither unique or new.
Hula Girls is a fiction based on real events.
Fukushima Hula Girls is a documentary movie.

PS: I really wonder how my inoffensive posts can so often be so negatively answered. I should try claiming blatantly false affirmations and see what ensues.
Nov 6, 2016 2:03 PM
May 2015
LoneWizard said:
KingKatsura said:
Your avatar makes your posts lol worthy :D

erza is a grown woman with breasts not a 10 year old girl.

i dont see the problem
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2013
The 2 baby lolis look cute, will watch.
Nov 6, 2016 10:12 PM

Feb 2015
"yes lets spend millions of dollars and 100s of hours making this anime!"
"what shall we call it?..."
-drunk guy smoking some weeb flops in-
"FLYING BABIES!.... Flying babies...."
"Jesus christ he's a genius..."

-meanwhile that one normal guy just leaves-
Nov 8, 2016 2:08 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I don't know what to believe in anymore. I'll just judge it when it's out, lol.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Nov 11, 2016 11:13 PM
Feb 2010
One can only imagine why exactly the English translation of this is "Flying Babies". No, more than that why the Japanese and English title for this show is "Flying Babies". Maybe they were going for the shock effect. It is possible they'll tie this in with crazy plot twists or paranormal activity, but whatever it is, it looks cute and for that I'll at least give it a chance.
Nov 21, 2016 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
Isnt this anime also the one where Konomi Suzuki will be debuting in a big role as a seiyuu?
Aug 22, 2018 11:08 PM

Oct 2012
AND...........................

Almost 2 years later, still no more news on when will it air. :(
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Aug 23, 2018 12:34 AM

Feb 2015
Jiharo said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1735760#msg55502876

I dig a little bit about it and there you go...
Aug 23, 2018 5:22 AM

Oct 2012
_Ako_ said:
Jiharo said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1735760#msg55502876

I dig a little bit about it and there you go...

Oh okay thanks!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS WINTER!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
2 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by Avery20 »»
58 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.