Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2016 9:48 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website for Seiren has been updated with new key visual (pictured) and staff members that will be involved in this original anime. The series will feature a new story that takes place at the same high school as Amagami SS. The anime is scheduled to air in January 2017 on TBS, BS-TBS, and Sun TV.

Staff
Director: Tomoki Kobayashi (Sola)
Series Composition, Original Character Design: Kisai Takayama (Amagami SS)
Character Design: Naoto Hosoda (Nagasarete Airantou)
Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!)
Sound Production: Dax Production
Music: Nobuaki Nobusawa (Dagashi Kashi)
Music Production: Pony Canyon
Studio: Studio Gokumi, AXsiZ

Source: Moca News
arsonalNov 4, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 4, 2016 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm... Staff wise, I would say it looks pretty okay for now on my end... Then again the Director... I'd say I enjoyed Hundred (I mean guilty pleasure, it was pretty generic and it was just the source anyways, so its not his own fault) and to some extent Akame ga Kill (I did enjoyed it a lot even if it was bad, but there were few things I didn't really liked, they were pretty minor but still).

Hmm... I guess not so bad? I mean I'll see how this goes from there around. We'll see. But staff wise it looks pretty alright.
Nov 4, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2014
Set in the same school as Amagami SS? Well, that's me in then, especially if they handle this series in a similar fashion with the omnibus format.
Nov 4, 2016 11:15 AM

Feb 2014
I still need to watch Amagami! I heard it was pretty good, but that's a visual novel adaptation so I find it interesting that this an original anime. This is like a spiritual successor of sorts. Is the visual novel author(s) involved at all?
Nov 4, 2016 11:15 AM

Apr 2011
I can see it now. The girl in the topmost right is the best girl.
Nov 4, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2008
The director seems fine but what the hell is with the studio choice. Nothing but garbage from both of them. The best series either of them ever made seems to be Wagamama short... What happened to AIC?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 4, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
Antanaru said:
The director seems fine but what the hell is with the studio choice. Nothing but garbage from both of them. The best series either of them ever made seems to be Wagamama short... What happened to AIC?
studio doesn't matter when u have good staff
Nov 4, 2016 12:34 PM
May 2015
So a spin-off of Amagami SS? I'm in.

They better not screw the childhood friend over because that's one of the aspects that I found really annoying in Amagami. I don't know what it is about Japan and Childhood friends but it's clear to me that both words don't fit that well.

Nov 4, 2016 1:03 PM

Mar 2015
jc9622 said:

They better not screw the childhood friend over because that's one of the aspects that I found really annoying in Amagami. I don't know what it is about Japan and Childhood friends but it's clear to me that both words don't fit that well.

Wat? Every potential love interest gets a happy ending in Amagami.
Nov 4, 2016 1:57 PM
May 2015
Doomdoctor said:
jc9622 said:

Wat? Every potential love interest gets a happy ending in Amagami.
Spoilers for people who haven't watched Amagami SS
jc9622Nov 4, 2016 2:20 PM

Nov 4, 2016 2:12 PM

Sep 2014
Hell yes, I'm tired of constantly losing ships. With this, I can have a season where not one ship blows up!
Nov 4, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2008
moodie said:
Antanaru said:
It does to some extent. Studios often have "the usual staff" and director is not enough to completely overwrite it. Not to mention the animation itself. Lance'n'Masquest or whatever that piece of shit was called... yeah, sounds great.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 4, 2016 4:17 PM

Sep 2011
Antanaru said:
moodie said:
It does to some extent. Studios often have "the usual staff" and director is not enough to completely overwrite it. Not to mention the animation itself. Lance'n'Masquest or whatever that piece of shit was called... yeah, sounds great.

Not sure what you're blathering about as Studio Gokumi has been involved in plenty of fine anime. Yuuki yuna, Kirino mosaic, Severing crime edge were all fine shows and most importantly looked great.
Nov 4, 2016 4:54 PM

Aug 2015
"The series will feature a new story that takes place at the same high school as Amagami SS."

Interesting! I wonder if they'll have some callbacks to Amagami.
Nov 4, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
And here I was thinking how the designs gives me an Amagami feel.
Nov 4, 2016 5:44 PM

Sep 2009
Antanaru said:

AIC is now in the same situation as Gonzo was in 2009-2010. Due to a bad management they almost got bankrupt and lost most of the staff, so, despite studio being alive, we won't see any big projects from them for a couple of years at least.
Nov 4, 2016 5:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Antanaru said:

AIC is now in the same situation as Gonzo was in 2009-2010. Due to a bad management they almost got bankrupt and lost most of the staff, so, despite studio being alive, we won't see any big projects from them for a couple of years at least.
Yeah, it looks like the only thing AIC has done for a couple of years now is a new OVA season of Tenchi Muyou they are doing right now. :|
DatRandomDudeNov 4, 2016 8:47 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 4, 2016 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
scruffykiwi said:
Antanaru said:

Not sure what you're blathering about as Studio Gokumi has been involved in plenty of fine anime. Yuuki yuna, Kirino mosaic, Severing crime edge were all fine shows and most importantly looked great.

Just because they gave a bad show it doesn't really mean much anyways imo. As the previous one said, Gokumi has made a lot of nice stuff as well. I just don't see there much at least for me though.
Nov 4, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2014
Imouto-chan arc when? Oops, wrong show.
Nov 4, 2016 7:29 PM

Sep 2013
I'm excited. It feels like it's been a while since there's been a romance quite like these.
Nov 4, 2016 8:14 PM

Jul 2012
Well this is exciting šŸ˜Š

I wonder how far apart the two series will be from each other and if they're planning on an omnibus format for this also.
Nov 5, 2016 1:20 AM

May 2010
Beautiful designs like always, but dunno, Amagami wasn't that great really. I'll probably check it out anyway.

I wish Azusa sung op&ed for this series too :(
Nov 5, 2016 2:04 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
ohhh yes amagami ss spin off

now about the length... I guess it's wishful thinking to hope for 2-cour
Nov 5, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
those character designs <3
Nov 5, 2016 7:15 AM

Apr 2012
Atavistic said:
Set in the same school as Amagami SS? Well, that's me in then, especially if they handle this series in a similar fashion with the omnibus format.

In my opinion it would be better to tell a coherent story, than to continue to exploit this idea as it was in Photobeno.
Nov 5, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Magito said:
I can see it now. The girl in the topmost right is the best girl.
Your waifu detector goggles must be made in china then.
Anyone can see that the bottom left one is the best one.
Nov 6, 2016 3:51 AM

Jul 2015
if there is any quiet/shy girl in this anime
i will watch it

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.