Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2012
Wonderful episode. Victor helping Yuri stretch.

DAMN Mila looking real fine. Hope we see more of her.
Yuri & Yurio training hard for the up coming competition.

Always love the Ice-Skating in this show.

Yuri on Ice. Nice name for the song.
Santoryu_XBurnerOct 26, 2016 4:24 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 26, 2016 4:21 PM

Aug 2016
KuroYume-96 said:
Screagle said:

Personally, I just think Yuri rejected Victor because he was surprised by the question. My interpretation is that Victor has had feelings for Yuri from the start, and Yuri has just realised that he also may be developing feelings. It's only episode 4, I'm just glad that we at least can infer that Victor is in love with Yuri. By doing that, I don't think it even counts as queerbaiting anymore, just gay

That's the spirit! I kinda agree that Yuri was surprised by the question

Also agree with this. I wouldn't be too surprised to be honest. Im just waiting on the call if there will be any type of romance in Yuri on Ice by the company. The fan-service I believe is too good to be true compared to other shows, this currently could easierly become a Shounen-ai anime currently as I have watched many Shounen-ai and read a lot of Shounen-ai and yeah.

Also, the animation was a bit worse than before, but like other people said, I believe they are saving up for the competition-- the choreography for the animation team is harder than it looks to do. Yurio's chorography is better currently which probably needs to happen for when Yurio has his first competition match that Yuri needs to know he has to work harder to beat Yurio and may cause him to have a breakdown near the end of the show. That's my prediction anyways.
Oct 26, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2015
I'm gonna ship that Detriot girl with Yuri. And cool we got to know how this series got its name.
Oct 26, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
i want them to be gay lovers so bad
Oct 26, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2009
I'll be cheering for Buta-chan Yuri all the way! But Neko-chan Yuri dancing like a prima ballerina was so beautiful! UGH SO FRUSTRATING!!
The triplets drawing presentation was so cute!
Can't wait to see the other skaters show their stuff as well!
Viktor x Yuri is a fujoshi's dream come true! XD( so it better come true!)
Oct 26, 2016 5:00 PM

May 2010
I'm just hoping Victor doesn't want money for his coaching payment *wink wink*
Oct 26, 2016 5:13 PM
Sep 2015
I don't know bout u but I heard Victor say, "Oh, Japanese Dogystyle" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

YuckydiyuckOct 26, 2016 5:19 PM
Oct 26, 2016 5:17 PM
Jul 2015
BriBri812 said:
I mean overall the art is great but lately there are many scenes of recycled animation, and some scenes that don't look as drawn well... I don't know if MAPPA is saving for the competition episodes but I know what they are capable of from the first ep. Still loving this show like a crazy addiction though.

The Show is behind the schedule seeing how this episode looked different in CR than the TV Raw(and the TV version wasn't even finished) so next episode will probably look worse.
Oct 26, 2016 5:22 PM

Apr 2015
Decent episode. Yurio got a new coach and he seems to be steadily improving from before. It was also nice to note how close Yuuri and Victor have become lately throughout the episode, with the head touch and that conversation. Can't wait to hear more of that piece they were working on.
Oct 26, 2016 5:30 PM
Oct 2009
This anime dehydrates me, especially Russian-Yuuri's slender body and his adorable faces *drool*

As it was mentioned, it's really too bad the animation is dropping, and I really really hope they manage to step up their game for the competitions.

But oh well. For a while Viktor was a bit too droky for me but he's been really fun this episode. Really, the characters in general in this series are surprisingly believable.
Oct 26, 2016 5:32 PM
Jun 2016
YURIO, JUST EVERYTHING YURIO *_*
Oct 26, 2016 5:34 PM
Oct 2016
This whole episode was fluffing amazing and the boyfriend part killed me i sweat if this doesnt end up being canon I'm gonna cry😂 like that would be perfect and Viktor Yuri and Yurio are all precious beans *-* ugh my heart and the songs are amazing and the art is just omg💜
Oct 26, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2013
Lilia is scary and gay vibe but i don't care this is so good man
Oct 26, 2016 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
still complaining about animation, go buy the BD/DVD after the end of the serie.
clearly need lot of effort but no time enough to animate the dancing scenes. it's normal to broadcast some unfinished scene, like every anime. there no such tv version has same EXACT quality as BD/DVD version, even ufotable or KyoAni
Oct 26, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2015
This anime makes me go crazy, If it wasn't so late I would be screaming like a retard, I hope to see many more cute moments like in this episode, also, Yuri is giving more manliness AND THIS IS MAKING ME CONFUSED. I'm not sure if my heart will survive this xD
Oct 26, 2016 6:49 PM
Feb 2009
still happy victor said じゃ、恋人か well, or lover. The artwork seems a little rushed but it was pretty good.
Oct 26, 2016 6:53 PM
Aug 2015
I love the sexiness and Victor's gayness. ONCE AGAIN.

Yurio is bae and I love him.
Oct 26, 2016 7:23 PM

Aug 2012
I like how this episode is more of a buildup to the competition, so I'm alright with it not being as breathtaking as the past three. I'm sure we're gonna get a lot more excitement in future episodes, and this is kinda a preparation for it? :o

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the animation looked kinda wonky in this episode tbh (mainly with Yuri's recycled skating routine) and I can only hope that it's saving detail once we get into competitions. Also I'm really liking Yurio's routine! Up until now I was rooting for Yuri but now I'm torn, they're both really good competitors...
me being hit with responsibilities
Oct 26, 2016 7:45 PM

Aug 2016
MilkQueen said:
Yuri's sister rooting for Yurio was so cute! Great ep! Also I still feel like something is a little off with Victor.. idk if that's just how his character is but I feel like he's hiding something?? or his intentions are not so good?? I cant explain it but I'll just have to wait and see.

Victor's probably hiding the fact that he is attracted to Yuuri and was serious when he offered to be Yuuri's boyfriend.
Oct 26, 2016 7:46 PM

Sep 2015
This show just keeps getting better doesn't it? The animation was still amazing but the art style seemed to flub at the more active parts in during the skating scenes. I trust this'll all be polished by the BD release though. Can't even begin to imagine how much time it takes to animate those scenes. Will defo buy.

Also, great build to the competition. Yurio's skating was so graceful that my jaw dropped. Extremely excited to see his performances as well as Yuri's. I hope Yuri shows that kid with weird ass hair how it's done in the local competition.

Oh and the little scenes between Victor and Yuri were adorable as always.

---
Last thing, they repeat over and over how quickly an ice skater's body can change until they can no longer compete competitively so I was wondering how many seasons does one usually stay active for but my googling was insufficient and I couldn't get a good estimate. Does anyone know?
Oct 26, 2016 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
It's nice seeing Yuuri getting more confident. Hey I'm surprised that competition in Canada wouldn't be in Toronto but Mississauga.
The only negative thing is that the animation quality dropped a lot this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 2013
Love the soundtrack in the last 3 minutes, can't wait to see it during Yuri's preformance! I'm also growing to like Yurio more for his dedication now, not just his crummy teenage attitude haha
Oct 26, 2016 8:57 PM
Feb 2016
Based on what I see on instagram I would have thought this would be a light funny episode which turns out to be a heavy one after I've watched it myself. In the beginning it was funny but when Viktor mentioned about girlfriend to Yuuri I was a bit confused as to why his reaction is so big towards that topic which he did explained later on. It turned heavier for me when Yuuri said how short a competitive figure skating is for a skater. I agree with what was said when you look at it realistically. So I do hope that Yuuri and Viktor will get to enjoy this season's competition.

I never realized it before but when Yuuri skates his choreography without the sound of music it made me enjoy less than when there's music accompanying. But the 'Yuri on Ice' song turned out great and nice to hear.

While Yuuri is growing in Japan so does Yuri in Russia. I wonder how this two performance will be when they meet again in Russia :)
Oct 26, 2016 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
please be 2 cour....please be 2 cour......(or 2 seasons....maybe 3...)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2016 9:11 PM
May 2013
hope-kibou said:
MilkQueen said:
Yuri's sister rooting for Yurio was so cute! Great ep! Also I still feel like something is a little off with Victor.. idk if that's just how his character is but I feel like he's hiding something?? or his intentions are not so good?? I cant explain it but I'll just have to wait and see.

Victor's probably hiding the fact that he is attracted to Yuuri and was serious when he offered to be Yuuri's boyfriend.

This, I like this, my theory as well. Just keep praying it's the truth >"<
Oct 26, 2016 9:49 PM

Dec 2011
Another great episode.I'm really loving this anime and the characters like Victor, Yuri , Yurio and the support characters.
I'm hype for the competition starts next episode and is Yuri Japanese rival Minami blush to Yuri in the preview.
Oct 26, 2016 9:58 PM

Oct 2016
Sauz said:
Viktor's carefree personality still bugs me a bit. It seems there's some kind of depth behind him but I'm not so sure about it seeing how things between Yuuri and him are developing - tho it's just ep 4. Basically, I still find it kind of odd that Viktor did what he did to start coaching Yuuri, so even in this ep I still felt bothered by his relationship with Yuuri.

It's sad that the animation in comparison with the first episode got worse, but that's only to be expected since it's a weekly release. Can't wait to see how they do things with the Blu-ray.

In the end I enjoyed the ep :D. Specially the part where Yuri names the song he'll skate to. That was cool. Also, finally the song that played on the teaser made its appearance! I was waiting for it, I already love the soundtrack. It was also really interesting to see how the competitions wil go down and what characters we'll see from now on, I'm looking forward to that.

I think Victor's behavior is understandable. Earlier in episode 1, it was hinted that he was likely coming to the end of his career, and was having trouble finding inspiration to keep going, and was worried that he couldn't 'surprise' people anymore. When he saw Yuri skate his program, he saw something there. Maybe he was inspired by his performance in some way, and thought he could learn something himself.

My guess is that he is trying to help himself as much as he is trying to hep Yuri, but being in the position of a mentor, he can't show his insecurity - hence the carefree attitude, though he is always very serious when he talks about skating. That's just my take on things.
“I want to see the splendor of people's souls.” - Shougo Makishima
Oct 26, 2016 10:43 PM

Feb 2015
Nice episode, I really loved Japanese Yuri thoughts, I think that he's becoming more mature and understanding better how his sport is related to the way you live. This anime is becoming better than expected.
Oct 26, 2016 10:58 PM
Apr 2016
The beach scene and the last scene was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Loved the relationship development between Victor and Yuuri. I really hope this turns into an actual homosexual romance in the end.

Also, I hope those are not actual death flags for Victor that I am seeing....
Oct 26, 2016 11:24 PM

Jun 2013
Damn the gayness is getting too much. Viktor wanted to be Yuri's boyfriend. He wants to take baths with him. He wants to sleep with him. He was so gay that those people at the hot spring couldn't watch and they covered those children's eyes. I think I've had enough of this gayness. But then again, I'm kinda curious as to how the upcoming tournament will play out. Russian Yuri is going all out with his practicing and japanese Yuri woop have to face some tough competition in his own country then in China and then Russia. But the gayness is too much and will probably stay too much. Not sure what to do. I'll think this over.
Oct 26, 2016 11:32 PM

Sep 2011
I'm confused. Did the version I watched have a missing scene cause I didn't see any part where Victor offered to be Yuri's boyfriend?
Oct 27, 2016 12:40 AM

Sep 2010
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I'm confused. Did the version I watched have a missing scene cause I didn't see any part where Victor offered to be Yuri's boyfriend?

He did that when they sat by the ocean - Viktor asked Yuri what he wanted Viktor to be to him
Was there an ocean scene in the version you watched?
Oct 27, 2016 12:43 AM

Sep 2011
KuroYume-96 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

He did that when they sat by the ocean - Viktor asked Yuri what he wanted Viktor to be to him

Oh, that scene. I guess I just didn't get the same vibe from that question that everyone else did.
Oct 27, 2016 12:45 AM

Sep 2010
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
KuroYume-96 said:

Oh, that scene. I guess I just didn't get the same vibe from that question that everyone else did.

might still be something off with the version, cuz Viktor literally said 'then your boyfriend - I can try my best'
Oct 27, 2016 12:52 AM

Sep 2011
KuroYume-96 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

might still be something off with the version, cuz Viktor literally said 'then your boyfriend - I can try my best'

Just went back and rewatched it. Didn't remember it cause the way Victor and Yuri respond to it,I assumed it was just another one of Victor's jokes
Oct 27, 2016 1:27 AM

Dec 2014
Noticed some recycled animation but whatever, who cares.

Great ep as usual, nice to see Yurio developing. Was wondering who those people in the ending Instagram pics were until this episode haha.

5/5
I need sleep.
Oct 27, 2016 1:39 AM
May 2016
I don't understand why Yuri touched Victor's head... T.T Somebody can explain me? I think Victor is bald!!! :D
lahrosaOct 27, 2016 1:48 AM
Oct 27, 2016 2:18 AM
Aug 2016
lahrosa said:
I don't understand why Yuri touched Victor's head... T.T Somebody can explain me? I think Victor is bald!!! :D

I was wondering the same thing... like why would Yuuri just *boop* touch his head like that?
Oct 27, 2016 2:46 AM

Aug 2016
narspicious said:
lahrosa said:

I was wondering the same thing... like why would Yuuri just *boop* touch his head like that?

I was the same lol. I found it cute tho for some reason lol.
Oct 27, 2016 2:54 AM

Mar 2016
What? The Grand Prix is taking place in czech reublic too?

I love it how Yuri touched Viktors hair... don't really know why but love it :D
Now both Yuris have prima ballerina teaching them >.>
Oct 27, 2016 3:30 AM

Apr 2015
Only Aeroflot has kept me waiting as long as you have.

That was so unexpected I almost died of laughter : ) : ) : )
Oct 27, 2016 4:22 AM

Mar 2008

I just want them to get to the sports competition already, I want to see the skating styles of the other characters especially Mila
Oct 27, 2016 6:09 AM

Jul 2015
So that that's where Yuri on Ice came from, cool.
Kind of slow episode but good. :)
Oct 27, 2016 6:21 AM

Feb 2014
This episode makes me kind of scared for Victor for some reason. He seems to happy in these episodes, I feel like there may be more to his story than just he's lost inspiration.
Also you'd think being a professional on a scale much more than Yuri's he'd have a stamina to match as well. Could he perhaps be sick?

On a lighter note :) This episode was delightfully gay as well. I hope Yuri and Victor do get together
Oct 27, 2016 6:36 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode once again~ I'm really excited for the competitions and look forward to see all the different skaters. The one from Thailand is adorable :3
Oct 27, 2016 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
It was overall a pretty chill episode. The gay vibes are unreal at this point. Someone told me they thought Yurio's new coach was too harsh. Yurio's coach is very typical for a skating coach. I used to figure skate back in hs and the competition is unreal. Especially for younger skaters. He does seem to not like all the pressure from what we have seen so far.
Oct 27, 2016 6:44 AM

Oct 2016
Screagle said:
thirstyforlemon said:
I was really hoping they'd actually give Viktor and Yuuri a romantic relationship but now that Yuuri refused that I'm wondering if it'll actually happen. I don't want this to be just queerbaiting because I've had enough of that over the years...

Personally, I just think Yuri rejected Victor because he was surprised by the question. My interpretation is that Victor has had feelings for Yuri from the start, and Yuri has just realised that he also may be developing feelings. It's only episode 4, I'm just glad that we at least can infer that Victor is in love with Yuri. By doing that, I don't think it even counts as queerbaiting anymore, just gay
Good point! I'm a little less worried of that's the case!!
Oct 27, 2016 7:05 AM
Jun 2014
Hongu said:
alpha_shadow said:
So apparently the HS/CR version is unfinished and probably from 1 week ago. The TV raws look better.
Yes, the version on Crunchyroll is clearly unfinished and there's many obvious differences. It seems that MAPPA is slipping behind schedule so much that they're making very last minute fixes. This doesn't really bode well for the rest of the series...
I made this imgur post compiling some of the differences between the two.

http://imgur.com/a/oyLSD

They just aren't putting much budget to non competition episodes I guess, the TV raw still wasn't on par to ep. 1 :(
Oct 27, 2016 7:49 AM

Dec 2012
MelodyElodie said:
narspicious said:

I was the same lol. I found it cute tho for some reason lol.

They likely want to show that he's slowly starting to be less "afraid" of acting normally around Viktor. He starts seeing him as a human rather than some kind of idol or "god" lol.
Oct 27, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
Not the best episode, but it was a nice breather after the intensity of the last episode!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

31 by Shinuki_n_Reborn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.