Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2016 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
Final episode is sooo amazing!

I guess it goes without saying since they have the same author but this is easily the most Aria-ish anime ever since Aria. Not just from story point of view but also the atmosphere itself is very close to Aria. I'm amazed that the studio was able to capture the charm that the original Aria had.

I was planning to give this a 7 but the final episode easily bumped up the score.
8/10
Sep 27, 2016 5:19 AM

Jul 2016
Hmm... dark deep sea, hope the Kraken will not show up...

Pikari: "If you love what I love, that means you've come to love yourself right?"
Pikari: "I mean, I love you lots..."
Me: "Now, Kiss!"

as a slow paced anime, I think this is a good slow paced anime, 7/10
Sep 27, 2016 10:09 AM

Feb 2012
There’s no denying that the sea is a majestic place, filled with fascinating marine life, hidden caves and endless possibilities. But, you know the real ocean was deep as fuck tbh. So deep, I actually not sure how deep it is, which is terrifying to think about.

Well, the final episode was truly beautiful even though not on Aria's level. I just the love author remind us to appreciate even the smallest things in life. So good to watch after a day of blah work.
Sep 28, 2016 4:35 PM

Feb 2008
I apsolutely loved the anime but 1 thing stuck in my hand in this last episode.
I never dived, or know anything relevant about divers, but i do know that the water pressure doesnt allow someone to have swift movements in such deep water.
So the thing that stuck in my mind is, how did the teacher manage to write instructions so fast, and with what did she write (some kind anti water tint?), why was it so bright to actually see it at the bottom of the sea, and if she wasnt writing but using a tablet of some kind i really want to know what model can endure the water pressure without breaking so deep in the water.

But i did love the anime, totally enjoyed it, to fully enjoy it could someone explain those small things to me from a techical perspective since i assume that the mangaka/anime studio put alot of effort into the actual techniques for soon to be divers.
Sep 29, 2016 4:40 PM

Oct 2008
Teko finally got a beginners certificate card for divers!
I'll be missing this heavenly peaceful show!
Pikaru & Teko blushed each other! yuri alert to da max!
4/5
8/10.

Sep 30, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, that finale couldn't get any better. It's a good one.
This anime was surely one of the shows I liked this summer season.
So I'm gonna rate this anime an (8 or 9?) out of 10 score over all.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 1, 2016 3:56 PM

Aug 2014
Nice finale...took their sweet time to get there but I'm happy regardless.

Didn't think this show was that amazing but it was still a decent watch (some episodes were pretty down right boring though). Overall my impressions of the series hasn't changed that much from once I first started watching it.
6/10
Oct 1, 2016 4:52 PM

Jul 2015
Never would have thought an anime about diving would take twelve episodes to finally get to the diving, and it be worth the wait. That was freaking great. The visuals, the character's reactions, the soundtrack, all of it was freaking great.

Whoop, guess this is the last time I'll be hearing whoop. Be perfectly honest, I thought there would be more yuri in this anime, and there was some in the end, but it turned out to be a pretty straight, calm, and beautiful anime. 8/10
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 2, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
Ah, now I wanna learn and go diving really badly.. =_=
Oct 3, 2016 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
That was pretty cute. Usually a show like this would get a 7/10 from me but I have to give the Aria-fanboy-bonus, so 8/10 it is.
Oct 3, 2016 11:21 AM

May 2012
What a wonderful ending I must say and I can't really believe it's the end already!
This anime was such an amazing anime, such relaxing atmosphere and ow so fun!

Just the anime that I needed, and the whole Aria atmosphere sure was captured as well in this anime!

All in all a wonderful anime I must say.
Oct 7, 2016 3:06 AM

Apr 2016
Pew pew pew pew pew? (o.o)
Oct 11, 2016 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
Good ending episode... but not wholly. The thing is everything up to their going down was great, even the atmosphere was brilliant but insert those atmosphere super-deformed breakers was not a good choice and I would certainly do without cheesy sentences in the second part of the episode.

Really, overuse of those horrible SD faces had plagued this series and and I couldn't enjoy it as much as I could because of it. What works in manga certainly doesn't work in anime (not that manga was anything great too).

And I willl just leave this here:

恥ずかしいセリフ禁止!, Hazukashii serifu kinshi! Tacky comments are prohibited
- Aika S. Granzchesta

...I guess this also sum ups this anime prettywell..

While Aria maintained the right balance of those beautiful, nostalgic moments that were coupled with some really good down-to-earch jokes and everything felt just natural there, it I didn't felt the same in Amanchu...

Everything felt a lot more cheesier here, mainly when Teko was saying those flowery words in her head.. but unlike Aria it seemed really empty in the end as it lacked a real message and were just naive saying of shy girl instead. There were some good episodes (but only one the best - ep9 was real memorable gem amongst other episodes) and that's a shame. The rest of the series was mostly ok but not so special.

6/10 I guess it's on par with Flying Witch, well, maybe a bit better but not by much.

Edit: To rate OP, I give it 10/10, it's really great song! At least something to remember I guess.
Mich666Oct 11, 2016 5:53 PM
Nov 5, 2016 9:12 AM
Jul 2008
VaanLionheart said:
I apsolutely loved the anime but 1 thing stuck in my hand in this last episode.
I never dived, or know anything relevant about divers, but i do know that the water pressure doesnt allow someone to have swift movements in such deep water.
So the thing that stuck in my mind is, how did the teacher manage to write instructions so fast, and with what did she write (some kind anti water tint?), why was it so bright to actually see it at the bottom of the sea, and if she wasnt writing but using a tablet of some kind i really want to know what model can endure the water pressure without breaking so deep in the water.

But i did love the anime, totally enjoyed it, to fully enjoy it could someone explain those small things to me from a techical perspective since i assume that the mangaka/anime studio put alot of effort into the actual techniques for soon to be divers.

It's only dark if you dive really deep which your body will not be to handle it.
http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/light_travel.html

She used this toy to write
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Doodle

I've only done snorkeling, if you have more questions ask here
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538320

Mich666 said:
Good ending episode... but not wholly. The thing is everything up to their going down was great, even the atmosphere was brilliant but insert those atmosphere super-deformed breakers was not a good choice and I would certainly do without cheesy sentences in the second part of the episode.

Really, overuse of those horrible SD faces had plagued this series and and I couldn't enjoy it as much as I could because of it. What works in manga certainly doesn't work in anime (not that manga was anything great too).

And I willl just leave this here:

恥ずかしいセリフ禁止!, Hazukashii serifu kinshi! Tacky comments are prohibited
- Aika S. Granzchesta

...I guess this also sum ups this anime prettywell..

While Aria maintained the right balance of those beautiful, nostalgic moments that were coupled with some really good down-to-earch jokes and everything felt just natural there, it I didn't felt the same in Amanchu...

Everything felt a lot more cheesier here, mainly when Teko was saying those flowery words in her head.. but unlike Aria it seemed really empty in the end as it lacked a real message and were just naive saying of shy girl instead. There were some good episodes (but only one the best - ep9 was real memorable gem amongst other episodes) and that's a shame. The rest of the series was mostly ok but not so special.

6/10 I guess it's on par with Flying Witch, well, maybe a bit better but not by much.

Edit: To rate OP, I give it 10/10, it's really great song! At least something to remember I guess.

Agreed, the frog face of Hikari is really distracting for me. When the others have normal face, only her face keeps that face. Aria was great in this term, the comical faces went in and out at the right time. I know that the author intended to show people that the character is playful but it's too much for me.

Aria has explorations and magical(mysterious) moments while Amanchu feels just plain slice of life with yuri flavour to me. Flying Witch is on par with Aria on that aspect. Flying Witch is much better than Amanchu for me, also at first Amanchu's story pace felt really slow to me.. It became faster later though
LeonLanfordNov 5, 2016 9:16 AM
Nov 12, 2016 10:43 PM

May 2010
so beautiful and great ending, give this 8 :)
Nov 26, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2016
Well, I'am gonna miss this anime. I admit that it makes me relax whenever I watch it. It is the most relaxing anime that I've watch.Pikari and Teko --->"Fun For All, All For Fun"
Dec 1, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2011
What a good way to end the show. Teko finally gets a scuba diving license.

While it was nice and relaxing. There are things that put me off. Teko's backstory felt dragging and a bit too dramatic. While she's pretty, her embarrassing and cheesy lines are a turn off. The siblings aren't interesting to be honest. Pikari and Sensei are alright. The cat designs are weird. Aria's cats look better.

Other than that the OST, the songs are really good. Maaya Sakamoto's songs are very calming. Her songs fit really well with relaxing animes like Aria the animation. Scenery and the view of the sea is relaxing.

I still think SatouJun's Aria series is way better and more relaxing. Amanchu's slice-of-life is rather plain, boring at times, and rather empty. But its not a bad series.

6/10 for the series.
MagitoDec 1, 2016 9:58 AM
Dec 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2012
Goodness, Teko's open water exam was just so precious! Not to mention that the OST was heavenly this episode. The uncertainty Teko was feeling about not being able to see the ocean floor runs parallel with the fears she's had of venturing into the unknown in her own life. With a friendly push, she was able to step out of that comfort zone and see a brand new world.

Amanchu has really grown on me since the first episode. At first it felt somewhat awkward, but over time Pikari's eccentricity grew on me. They could have toned down on the crazy faces a bit, but it was indeed another reminder of the endearing atmosphere that also came with Aria. Speaking of, the same author and Satou Junichi made a miracle happen once again. In contrast to Aria, however, this felt more focused on a specific goal.

I'd have to say my favorite part about Amanchu is Teko. Without a doubt. She reminded me a great deal of myself. The uncertainty I felt in high school, the loss at which direction I want to go, and the anxiety & excitement of stepping out of my comfort zone. Even the embarrassing thoughts she'd unintentionally say aloud (thankfully I never did). It just felt like I was watching myself from a new perspective in a completely different reality.

8/10, may the healing continue.
Dec 30, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2015
That was a great way to end this series. Teko finally gets her license and all is well!

7/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 1, 2017 7:56 AM
Jul 2016
God dammit the baiting. But Pikari said (kinda) that she loves Teko, so you could say it's canon. I know I will.
Apr 10, 2017 2:53 PM

Jun 2016
The submarine has sailed! I repeat, the submarine has sailed!

An utterly lovely little show, and now that I've finished both Aria and this, I want MOAR.
Apr 30, 2017 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
Beautiful underwater scenes, with an insert song, too! I really felt like everything up to now was worth it. Whether Pikari's feelings are platonic or not, the final scene was so sweet!

While I would have liked to see more adventures with Pikari, Teko and sometimes Katori sensei, I'm very satisfied with what I got. This show was very comfortable and even had a straightforward but believable character arc with Teko. The relationship between Teko and Pikari was heartwarming, and it was really fun to watch them interact. Maybe a little too smooth, but I don't think this show needed any more drama. Ai's brother bashing was super dumb and out of place, but it just seems like a minor inconvenience by now.

The presentation deserves special praise. Gorgeous character designs, unique super-deformed faces, familiar and laid-back scenery that still manages to stand out. Relaxing tropical soundtrack and pleasant voice acting. This show was a pleasure to watch and listen to.
LeeTailorApr 30, 2017 2:29 PM
May 18, 2017 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
Yay! Teko is an official Open Water Diver!

Teko referring to Pikari showing her things she loved, but not saying what we all wanted her to say...:|

Pikari had the balls, though. "I love you lots!" YES! A CONFESSION!

Overall score for anime: 7.5ish? I dunno. I'd give it a solid 8 if Ai weren't such a bitch and the one cat wasn't a pedophile.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 6, 2017 6:42 PM

Oct 2013
kawaii cats are nothing but fan service
KusuriuriJul 26, 2017 12:19 PM
Aug 20, 2017 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
Helped by a few pints of Desperados this delivered one of the few points I was moved by an anime, but it had elegance and skill and delivered in lots of other points throughout the series, I recall

The whole show was pretty flawless- not the most interesting subject matter, but handled in probably the most effective way, with flamboyant cuts and usually great art, able to impress every week. Mostly on point comedy, mostly likable characters

People may look at my praise and say you didn't even watch Aria, you didn't even watch Natsume Yuuinchou, you didn't even watch Tamayura etc and this is just a watered down(no pun intended) version of them- I understand and I am insecure enough to be bothered, but still I have confidence in proclaiming this as an extremely well made sol, and I have the audacity to claim that the puny score this holds atm is no lesser than a travesty. 8/10

* btw it wipes the floor with Flying Witch, that was solid but never spectacular
Nov 29, 2017 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
the part where Teko got her diving license & she thought out loud

I lost it lol

Ierakas said:
Hmm... dark deep sea, hope the Kraken will not show up...

Pikari: "If you love what I love, that means you've come to love yourself right?"
Pikari: "I mean, I love you lots..."
Me: "Now, Kiss!"

as a slow paced anime, I think this is a good slow paced anime, 7/10

i was expecting that to cause without it they can decide to ignore it next season & friend-zone them

some ppl tried to deny the Yuri part hard (new they can't) lol
Sugram22Nov 29, 2017 9:42 AM
Dec 3, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
That handsome looking guy who was diving captured my attention since like every guy acknoledge of stealing girls has the same profile. Be aware Pikari, that dude will steal you Teko if you let him hahahahah
Dec 17, 2017 2:05 PM

Oct 2015
So Teko finally got her c- card that certifies her to be an open water diver, she sure has grown from the show thanks to Pikari. This anime displayed how some friends can be a positive influence in dragging you out of your shell and let you live life in full. Oh man this anime really took me back to high school, how it was so fun to be with my friends. I totally can relate and the characters will have an impact for me. I can see it has that Aria vibe, even the mascot is called Aria proving the writer referenced the series, but nonetheless I loved it with a capital "L".

I will 'lets-a-go' to special and then looking forward to season 2 which I know will also be a knocker.
So 8/10 from me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 5, 2018 4:41 AM

Nov 2014
I just finished this series and it felt like everything was stretched out so that they could have the dive in the final episode which led to there being very little diving throughout the show. I think the dive episode should have come much sooner (not long after Teko started learning to swim) and some of the character episodes should have been pushed back or dropped.
The early episodes and the final episode were great though, it's just so much of it seemed like filler. I gave it a 7/10.
Forum Signature
Feb 19, 2018 4:35 AM

Apr 2017
It was great final. And they finally dived, lol. I hope there will be more of it in the second season.

I'm really happy about this way to end the first season. I have to admit that I surprised myself getting emotional when they went under water. And the "confession" at the end was a blessing. If this isn't romance, then I don't know what this is.

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Mar 21, 2018 4:42 PM

Nov 2016
I loved this last episode,(like all the others too)the last scene with Teko and Pikari was just :3

Overall I had very much fun with this beautiful anime. J.C certainly delivered with this one.

Fun/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2018 12:44 AM

Mar 2009
I finally finished this show almost 2 years later. Don't know why, but I never watched the last two episodes. When you keep up with seasonly anime, near the end of the season it gets tough finishing them while preparing for the onslaught of each new season. Amanchu was one of the many that got left behind, but I finally remembered about it with the 2nd season coming up.

It's really a lovely show, and I'm glad we got to see some diving in the final episode. Looking forward to the 2nd season.
Nov 8, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
Perfect final episode in every sense. The calm atmosphere was handled in a flawless way and the BGM used was superb as well.

Personally, I'm really happy to have seen the huge character development Teko had throughout these 12 episodes. Seeing hers and Pikari's excitement for diving into the ocean was really cute and that "confession" at the end was super sweet gay too. I absolutely loved every single second of that sequence and honestly, I think the bond they share is probably one of the purest ones I've seen in a while.

Overall, J.C.Staff did a fantastic job with this adaptation.

8/10 - Lets-a-go!
Apr 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Feb 2018
Still hating Pikari 1/10
Feb 9, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2019
The somewhat broader foreheadmature lookings seems befitting more to the trend at that moment, but truly hindered the playful artstyle of Kozue Amano.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Feb 9, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2019
The somewhat broader foreheadmature lookings seems befitting more to the trend at that moment, but truly hindered the playful artstyle of Kozue Amano. The pace is also some troublesome aspect of the adaptation. In conclusion, the original author carried J.C Staff.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 23, 2023 12:28 AM

Jul 2019
I found this anime lying around in my ptw and decided to watch it on whim. I didn't expect to enjoy it this much!

10/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2016

69 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

186 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

113 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

59 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

63 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.