Forum Settings
Forums

Live-Action Movie of 'JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai' Announced

New
Sep 28, 2016 9:08 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
A press conference held by Toho and Warner Bros. Japan at The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo on Wednesday announced that the JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable) manga will receive a live action movie, scheduled to premiere in Summer 2017. Titled JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond wa Kudakenai - Dai Ichi Shou, the movie will be directed by Takashi Miike (Gyakuten Saiban live-action).

Cast
Jousuke Higashikata: Kento Yamazaki
Kouichi Hirose: Ryunosuke Kamiki (Kimi no Na wa.)
Yukako Yamagishi: Nana Komatsu
Keiichi Nijimura: Masaki Okada
Okuyasu Nijimura: Yuu Makken
Anjuurou Katagiri: Takayuki Yamada (Neko no Ongaeshi)
Joutarou Kujou: Yusuke Iseya (Tekkon Kinkreet)
Tomoko Higashikata: Arisa Mizuki
Ryouhei Higashikata: Jun Kunimura (Kaze Tachinu)

Diamond wa Kudakenai is the fourth part of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken manga series, which ran in Weekly Shounen Jump between April 1992 and November 1995 and was compiled into 18 volumes by Shueisha.

The manga received a six-part original video anime by APPP in 1993, which adapted JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders, followed by a seven-part prequel series in 2000.

David Production has been adapting the manga into television anime since Fall 2012. A television anime of Diamond wa Kudakenai began airing in Spring 2016 and is being simulcast by Crunchyroll.

Source: Eiga Natalie
VindstotApr 4, 2021 3:09 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2016 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
Lol, I would have looked at this film, If there show WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Sep 28, 2016 9:16 AM

Jul 2013
JoJo adapted to live-action?

Well, at least it will be bizarre without any doubt :p
Sep 28, 2016 9:17 AM

Feb 2015
Finally an anime life action adaptation I actually look forward to! I hope the movie contains a lot of fabulous posing :)
Sep 28, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Bizzare news indeed. One of the least series I would have imagined to see as a live action.
Sep 28, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2014
Sep 28, 2016 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
I'll give this a shot :o

Hopefully at the end of the movie, they'll announce another season.
Sep 28, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
so will the stands be cgi or ppl in costumes
Sep 28, 2016 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Well that was unexpected. I honestly don't know how to feel about this. While I'm happy that JoJo is getting more recognition it deserves I'm also afraid that it will turn out to be shit. But as long as they have beefy men fighting I'm happy with it.
Sep 28, 2016 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Same director who did Gyakuten Saiban? Might be good then.
Sep 28, 2016 9:27 AM

Aug 2015
JoJo bizzare adaption.
I mean seriously? but well, whatever, might give it a try.
Sep 28, 2016 9:33 AM

Feb 2008
Hilarious how they picked Part 4 because it's the cheapest to make, the whole story taking in place in a Japanese town and all. Plus they don't need to hire foreigners for specific roles, they can do all with just Japanese actors.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 28, 2016 9:41 AM

Mar 2016
Kento Yamazaki for Josuke... Really... I mean Josuke doesn't look very manly but come on... Anyway, I hope to do not wreck this one. Jojo fans are already mad few years back when they decided to cast him.
Sep 28, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2015
WHY THE FUCK THIS KENTO GUY AGAIN ?!!!
Sep 28, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
ZetaZaku said:
Hilarious how they picked Part 4 because it's the cheapest to make, the whole story taking in place in a Japanese town and all. Plus they don't need to hire foreigners for specific roles, they can do all with just Japanese actors.

OK then tell me where they will find a 6'5" Kujo Jotaro actor? There will always be tall men around but good actors is another story.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 28, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2012
Sounds interesting to me. Can't wait to see grandpa Joseph and adult Jotaro in action.
Sep 28, 2016 10:04 AM

Feb 2008
FireEmblemIke24 said:
ZetaZaku said:

OK then tell me where they will find a 6'5" Kujo Jotaro actor? There will always be tall men around but good actors is another story.

He doesn't really have to be that tall, can just go with any tall Japanese.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 28, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2015
I think it will likely be shit but we can hold out hope
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
Sep 28, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
damn Kento Yamazaki... back at it again... Honestly,, is there no other actor? Like please let this kento fad die down and let other actors shine =_=
Sep 28, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
lol they picked part 4 so they wouldn't get bad reception when they ruin part 1-3's manly cast XD
Sep 28, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2014
I saw this news last night and wondered why they were skipping parts 1-3, but then I remembered this one actually takes place in a small Japanese town so it would be super easy for them to do this one.

It would have been pretty funny to see how they would have handled Avdol though. I doubt they'd actually find a Japanese-speaking Egyptian dude, so I bet they would have used special effects to make the actor's skin look like Avdol's.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 28, 2016 11:47 AM

Mar 2014
Wow

First Bleach
then Gintama
and Now Jojo..Like whats up next

(I mean as in Shounen Jump manga btw)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 28, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Bleh,I will wait for a Part 5's anime announcement.
Sep 28, 2016 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
ichii_1 said:
lol they picked part 4 so they wouldn't get bad reception when they ruin part 1-3's manly cast XD

It's hard to find buff Japanese actors. XD
Sep 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Mar 2016
are there manly men in Japan ?
Seunghoon my sunflower
Sep 28, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
Is this on top of the previously teased Stardust Crusaders one or replacing it? Either way... yech.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Sep 28, 2016 12:23 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I'm afraid to see a low quality Shining Diamond or any Stand for that matter.

I could imagine the budget being so bad that they don't even use CGI for the Stands, just people in costumes punching one another with an edited aura around them.
Sep 28, 2016 12:28 PM
Aug 2011
Don't touch Rohan.
Sep 28, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
AntwanMantilla said:

I could imagine the budget being so bad that they don't even use CGI for the Stands, just people in costumes punching one another with an edited aura around them.
That shit would be epic, tbh.
Sep 28, 2016 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
Verumouth said:

nah, but I guess that's why they're adapting Part 4 first, since that was when JoJo got slimmer and more metrosexual

Still isn't gonna look right, since Koichi's actor isn't a twelve year old.
Sep 28, 2016 1:00 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Illyricus said:
AntwanMantilla said:

You're right, it would be pretty epic if it was like that. I'll watch it to see if I can get a laugh or two out of it.

No matter how cheesy this film ends up being, given that it's Jojos I'm bound to like something of it.
Sep 28, 2016 1:31 PM

Mar 2016
Jerkhov said:
Verumouth said:

nah, but I guess that's why they're adapting Part 4 first, since that was when JoJo got slimmer and more metrosexual

They had to adapt part 5 if they were looking for a slimmer JoJo , even tho Josuke has less abs he still got that badass look (sorry for my bad english btw)
Seunghoon my sunflower
Sep 28, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
AntwanMantilla said:
Illyricus said:

You're right, it would be pretty epic if it was like that. I'll watch it to see if I can get a laugh or two out of it.

No matter how cheesy this film ends up being, given that it's Jojos I'm bound to like something of it.
I mean, you won't get something more bizarre than that. Would be an ode to JoJo's ridiculous epicness.
Sep 28, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2016
Am I the only one that's afraid this will be horrible? And anyway, this seems like a new trend.

-This
-Death Note Movie
-Bleach
-Attack on Titan (but that was in the past)
-Who could forget Dragonball Evolution
-Sword Art

Tbh I'm scared that the stands will be cringy
Sep 28, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2014
Verumouth said:
Jerkhov said:

They had to adapt part 5 if they were looking for a slimmer JoJo , even tho Josuke has less abs he still got that badass look (sorry for my bad english btw)

Yeah, that JoJo facial structure would be pretty hard to recreate even if western actors were used, not very easy to find body builder actors with the right look for JoJo. Plus well-known Japanese actors often get cast for main roles to get non-anime fans to watch as well, even when not necessarily right for the role, such as Tatsuya Fujiwara in Kaiji live-action. Guessing Part 4 got adapted first because the anime is airing right now, as the same practice has been done for other series, like Assassination Classroom live-action films airing close to the airing of their anime series.
Sep 28, 2016 2:33 PM

Oct 2015
Not sure if hyped or scared. This will be amusing no doubt
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Sep 28, 2016 6:45 PM

Mar 2015
HueyLion said:
Wow

First Bleach
then Gintama
and Now Jojo..Like whats up next

(I mean as in Shounen Jump manga btw)
saiki is on the way btw... so they actually have 4 (how about death note? not following it)
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 28, 2016 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
For Morioh they chose the town Sitges in Spain.
Stupid as hell, as expected from the terraformars film director.
Sep 28, 2016 8:53 PM

Jul 2016
Tiramisu said:
MoaMahriMatoro said:
Am I the only one that's afraid this will be horrible? And anyway, this seems like a new trend.

-This
-Death Note Movie
-Bleach
-Attack on Titan (but that was in the past)
-Who could forget Dragonball Evolution
-Sword Art

Tbh I'm scared that the stands will be cringy
The more cringy the Stands are, the more fun we have. Can't wait to watch this masterpiece.

I can only imagine the cgi on some of them. Also I wonder how much if DIU they will actually adapt...
Sep 29, 2016 12:31 AM

Jul 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY cringefest inc

we don't need anymore jojo memes , also 4 instead of 7? what a fucking joke
atleast we'd get a steel ball run in anything besides manga because there is no way in hell there is gonna be a part 7 anime
Sep 29, 2016 1:35 AM

Jan 2011
I'm willing to give it a go.

ZetaZaku said:
And in spite of that they're filming it in Spain apparently.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-28/live-action-jojo-bizarre-adventure-project-shoots-in-spain-aims-to-cover-entire-part-4/.107000
Sep 29, 2016 2:36 AM
Sep 2012
It's gonna be bizarre... (actually, it's probably gonna be crap). It's a shame they picked part4, but I can understand why...one location and limited cast , even though japanese actors for live action anime movies look always weird to me...all this means limited money, limited special effects, limited everything. Great premises...
omy785Sep 29, 2016 2:42 AM
Sep 29, 2016 6:25 AM
Sep 2016
ichii_1 said:
For Morioh they chose the town Sitges in Spain.
Stupid as hell, as expected from the terraformars film director.

Takeshi miike my friend and please google him and realize how retarded your post is.
Sep 29, 2016 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
my only issue with this is the main actor, that's all. There seems to be quite a budget in this one so I'm a little interested even though I never got into this manga

I lol'ed at ppl wanting beefy casts when the characters's body and face traits themselves are too unrealistic for asian people
Sep 29, 2016 11:57 AM

Oct 2015
MoaMahriMatoro said:
Tiramisu said:
The more cringy the Stands are, the more fun we have. Can't wait to watch this masterpiece.

I can only imagine the cgi on some of them. Also I wonder how much if DIU they will actually adapt...

I can only hope its the gud kind cringy. Ayone else think we might end up with something like power rangers?
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Sep 29, 2016 5:22 PM

Jul 2016
KINGUBERMENSCH said:
MoaMahriMatoro said:

I can only hope its the gud kind cringy. Ayone else think we might end up with something like power rangers?

True. If it's the good kind, I will be pleasantly be surprised. This could become a full-fledged movie series if it works, and if it does, I'll look forward to it.
Oct 2, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2014
StefanHere said:
atleast we'd get a steel ball run in anything besides manga because there is no way in hell there is gonna be a part 7 anime

I fail to see your logic in this, the DavidPro anime series have sold very well for such a long running, non-pandering series.

There has been at least two JoJo cours every year since its start in 2012, at this rate I don't see why it's unlikely to be adapted.
Oct 3, 2016 6:41 AM

Jul 2013
Jerkhov said:
StefanHere said:

I fail to see your logic in this, the DavidPro anime series have sold very well for such a long running, non-pandering series.

There has been at least two JoJo cours every year since its start in 2012, at this rate I don't see why it's unlikely to be adapted.

davidpro don't have the budget, the entire thing is in motion which is very expensive to animate and when its not in motion they are fighting which is also very expensive not to mention it's a whole another universe and the jump in quality and detail of the art

part 6 is just the perfect stopping point for davidpro
Oct 4, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
StefanHere said:
Jerkhov said:

davidpro don't have the budget, the entire thing is in motion which is very expensive to animate and when its not in motion they are fighting which is also very expensive not to mention it's a whole another universe and the jump in quality and detail of the art

And when were you under the impression that it's David Pro who take care of the budgeting?
The producer is Warner Bros and they are the one who responsible for gathering the fund, there's no such thing as "David Pro didn't have the budget" when the DVD and Bluray is selling like hotcakes.
David Pro only responsible for the animation production, they didn't have to think jack shit about budgeting, all they need to do is to animate it and then got paid, that's it.
It will stop when it didn't sell anymore, not because they don't have any budget left.
Oct 4, 2016 7:16 PM

Jul 2013
tr1ckst3r said:
StefanHere said:

And when were you under the impression that it's David Pro who take care of the budgeting?
The producer is Warner Bros and they are the one who responsible for gathering the fund, there's no such thing as "David Pro didn't have the budget" when the DVD and Bluray is selling like hotcakes.
David Pro only responsible for the animation production, they didn't have to think jack shit about budgeting, all they need to do is to animate it and then got paid, that's it.
It will stop when it didn't sell anymore, not because they don't have any budget left.

davidpro warner bros whatever
considering how the current anime is going and how inconsistent it is in quality and the fact that they couldn't even hire which ever company it is to make them the cg openings, there are glaring budget issues already

end of bloodline and end of universe is a pretty good stopping point for davidpro since SBR would cost whatever multiplicative without gaining anymore audience

there are just no breaks in animation like most of the first volume is literally in motion who the fuck in their right mind who adapt that
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
1 minute ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
1 hour ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.