Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132#msg47884000
Just an FYI but this https://myanimelist.net/anime/9865 is supposed to be 1 episode--just the unaired Ore-sama Nikki episode. Because the other two merely gather all the previous "bits" of their "story" already broadcasted during the main anime and puts it back to back. No new footage was made and nothing was edited down so it doesn't qualify as a part of the ep count; it doesn't even qualify under the "recap" stipulation due to everything being retained.

I posted in the DB change req thread to have it corrected but mods have been slow at addressing all change reqs.
Sep 23, 2016 2:19 PM

Dec 2015
MysticGoose said:
Suggesting New Challenge/Collection
Challenge Name: Hunter x Hunter Collection
Requirements/Rules: Same as other collections
Format/Criteria:(0/8)
Hunter x Hunter
Hunter x Hunter OVA
Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island
Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island Final
Hunter x Hunter Pilot
Hunter x Hunter(2011)
Hunter x Hunter Movie: Phantom Rouge
Hunter x Hunter Movie: The Last Mission
Badges:Hunter x Hunter (2011)

There's already a Hunter x Hunter collection: here. o-o

Also, I wanna comment @Akai_Shuichi .

Amazing job on the new scoring system and thank you for the hard work!

I'm just imagining the HoF scores tumbling down now. .
KreyulSep 23, 2016 2:56 PM
β˜… Card Deliveries Here Eyes Squad β˜…

Sep 23, 2016 8:57 PM

Sep 2010
I'm so thrown off by the 4th episode in this for the Hetalia Collection. I have it marked as completed but then I noticed "Hetalia Fantasia". I found everything else for this collection perfectly fine but I cannot find this particular episode anywhere.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Sep 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Jan 2011
DarkFaerie said:
I'm so thrown off by the 4th episode in this for the Hetalia Collection. I have it marked as completed but then I noticed "Hetalia Fantasia". I found everything else for this collection perfectly fine but I cannot find this particular episode anywhere.

i got u fam
Sep 25, 2016 5:26 AM

Mar 2014
A few days ago I watched this for my movie per day movie. At the time, it was tagged as a Movie that consists of 1 episode with a duration of 57 minutes (the release I watched was actually one 54-55 min long file/episode). Used to be like this.

Now a few days later, it's tagged as an OVA that consists of two 28 min episodes. I've noticed this happening to some other stuff I've watched, too, but since it wasn't for per day challenges it didn't really affect me.

Should I just mention this on my challenge post? It used to be tagged as a movie when I watched it and there's not much I can do now to fix it. (I'll just re-tag it as complete since I've technically watched it, they just split the entry in 2)
⌘ ⌘ Card Deliveries ⌘ ⌘
Sep 26, 2016 5:47 AM

Sep 2011
Rinarin said:
A few days ago I watched this for my movie per day movie. At the time, it was tagged as a Movie that consists of 1 episode with a duration of 57 minutes (the release I watched was actually one 54-55 min long file/episode). Used to be like this.

Now a few days later, it's tagged as an OVA that consists of two 28 min episodes. I've noticed this happening to some other stuff I've watched, too, but since it wasn't for per day challenges it didn't really affect me.

Should I just mention this on my challenge post? It used to be tagged as a movie when I watched it and there's not much I can do now to fix it. (I'll just re-tag it as complete since I've technically watched it, they just split the entry in 2)
Yeah, just throw in a spoiler at the bottom with that image and explanation.

Since I didn't see any other objections to the points, I'll now go ahead and update for 'em. This will be a significant decrease - as such, all banners previously made will be removed (temporarily, until the user has re-earned the points) from the HoF.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
β˜… Hi-Score Challenge β˜…
β˜… Represent AWC Club β˜…
β˜… Anime Watching Challenges Club β˜…
Sep 26, 2016 4:30 PM

Apr 2016
Akai_Shuichi said:

I'm just tagging everyone who's in the admin list plus a couple more users who were, without their own knowledge (haha), implied on my point counting for the different challenges, but everyone is free to voice their opinion, make suggestions or whatever. A lot of what I'm going to explain right now has subjective things, and by no means I think my opinion is absolute. I did try to think the subjective challenges a bit and make them so that they give a correct amount of points for their difficulty.

That's awesome akai_shuichi.
Thank you very much for giving us the explanation.
I'm glad this new calculation doesn't reduce my point ^^

chitochitoSep 26, 2016 4:35 PM
Sep 27, 2016 12:19 PM

Nov 2013
Is it okay to update the points in challenge threads now?
You all need to watch Nami.

Sep 27, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
Is it okay to update the points in challenge threads now?
Ah yes, please do! ^-^

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Sep 27, 2016 5:30 PM

Feb 2010
By the way, I haven't forgotten about GAR points, but I'll have to think a bit for that one and I'll be especially busy until late next week, so I'd rather think about those points when I'm more free.... I don't think anyone will complete that anytime soon anyways.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Sep 30, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2012
Don't know if this has been brought up, but what about a -dere challenge? Tsundere, Himedere, and the like.

The only problem is, I don't know if there is a list out of there that categorizes them, so I don't know many shows there are.
Sep 30, 2016 9:32 PM
Oct 1, 2016 2:31 PM

Feb 2010
Just a suggestion and for whenever there's time (and for whoever volunteers, not just for Riho!)... I've always thought the Shoujo Ai should have an Oniisama e... badge. I mean, it is THE series that you are forced to watch to complete the challenge... I've thought that pretty much since the challenge was created, but never actually suggested it until now that I'm watching the series.

Oct 1, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
@GamerDLM

About that Kindaichi Collection... I'm actually interested in watching Kindaichi because I'm a crime fiction fan, but as you said, the main series is incomplete. I've seen the Returns seasons only.

When you say that it has the 150 episodes, are you counting the incomplete series? If so, sadly I think it shouldn't count as a Collection. If it manages to get to 150 episodes without incomplete material, then I would at least give a +1 to the suggestion, while leaving the incomplete material as bonus. But if it doesn't get to 150 episodes without incomplete material, sadly I have to say that I wouldn't accept it as a Collection (though it's not my decision to make).

Oct 1, 2016 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
Akai_Shuichi said:
@GamerDLM

About that Kindaichi Collection... I'm actually interested in watching Kindaichi because I'm a crime fiction fan, but as you said, the main series is incomplete. I've seen the Returns seasons only.

When you say that it has the 150 episodes, are you counting the incomplete series? If so, sadly I think it shouldn't count as a Collection. If it manages to get to 150 episodes without incomplete material, then I would at least give a +1 to the suggestion, while leaving the incomplete material as bonus. But if it doesn't get to 150 episodes without incomplete material, sadly I have to say that I wouldn't accept it as a Collection (though it's not my decision to make).

Yeah I was counting the incomplete series, with just the returns and the subbed specials/movie it hovers around 50 episodes with less than 10 entries. But at at the very least it could be a very far down the line collection since it releases around 10 episodes per year.
It kinds of related to another collection option down the line I was thinking of submitting being Dr. Slump which recently got a weekly fansubber. But in both of those cases a delayed release until the series finishes should be fine.
Oct 1, 2016 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
It's kinda the same scenario than Captain Tsubasa, which I actually informally suggested a couple months ago. They'd be very valid collections, but they're incomplete in terms of subs.

Oct 6, 2016 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
"Watch romance anime from a studio you know less than others "

This is really subjective and I don't really know a "studio I know less than others". I think it should be changed for somehting like an 80s anime or something (plenty of romance there).

Oct 6, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
"Watch romance anime from a studio you know less than others "

This is really subjective and I don't really know a "studio I know less than others". I think it should be changed for somehting like an 80s anime or something (plenty of romance there).
If you use MAL graph it's pretty obvious which studios you watch less - true the checking won't be easy but I don't think its out of the range of doing.

And rather than changing, could just removoe entirely lol since there are 46 requirements and only need 45 for hard

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 6, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2010
Lol... didn't really count them.

Oct 6, 2016 3:57 PM

Sep 2010
Regarding the Romance Challenge:

Watch anime that has just one season (no anime related)
Watch a Stand-alone anime

This seems redundant to me, as they both essentially mean the same thing just worded differently.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Oct 6, 2016 6:04 PM

Feb 2010
Oh yeah, I was going to comment on that but ended up forgetting.

Oct 11, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
DarkFaerie said:
Regarding the Romance Challenge:

Watch anime that has just one season (no anime related)
Watch a Stand-alone anime

This seems redundant to me, as they both essentially mean the same thing just worded differently.
Well... >.> I could change one of 'em but I worry about how many have already done and/or turned in the challenge with those. Soooo... again, it can be the skipped one for those that don't want to watch two stand alones XD lol

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 11, 2016 4:58 PM

Feb 2014
So, for the romance challenge limited time thing, does one needs to finish the hard difficulty with a 45 new series to reclaim it or it can be done by upgrading the easy difficulty that allowed previously seen?
Oct 11, 2016 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Punkero said:
So, for the romance challenge limited time thing, does one needs to finish the hard difficulty with a 45 new series to reclaim it or it can be done by upgrading the easy difficulty that allowed previously seen?
Can be upgraded since I'd assume most would do that. Basically just the first five to reach 45 regardless of them starting over or upgrading lol

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 12, 2016 9:50 PM

Dec 2015
@AYOSHINA

I was checking HoF and noticed that my Scavenger Hunt #02 never got added and you swapped mine and SunflowerDaisho's names around for the Romance Challenge. o:

Oct 13, 2016 5:15 AM

Aug 2015
Kreyul said:
@AYOSHINA

I was checking HoF and noticed that my Scavenger Hunt #02 never got added and you swapped mine and SunflowerDaisho's names around for the Romance Challenge. o:

Whoops sorry about that. I'll fix that right away
Oct 13, 2016 8:40 AM

Sep 2014
riho88riho said:
Punkero said:
Can be upgraded since I'd assume most would do that. Basically just the first five to reach 45 regardless of them starting over or upgrading lol

That sucks, I was doing it with all new entries:p
Oct 13, 2016 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
Shanayaaa said:
riho88riho said:

That sucks, I was doing it with all new entries:p
Then move those new entries over ;D that's the good thing about it, regardless of which method ya started with, ya can always switch between when the "final decision" is made haha. Aka, add 'em to ya easy as you work on upgrading it~

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 14, 2016 4:33 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Ritshiro

ღ HiScore ღ LoScore ღ Auction

ღ Turn-Ins ღ AWCc

α“šα˜α—’

Oct 14, 2016 4:41 PM
Oct 14, 2016 5:32 PM

Feb 2010
I also appreciate that! @SheyCroix

Though right now I'm changing computers so I'm quite busy moving data... I don't think I'll be able to update my badges and stuff at least until monday.

Oct 15, 2016 5:37 PM

Jun 2014
riho88riho said:
Punkero said:

Wait, we can upgrade from Easy to Hard with using the previously completed series? I thought it had to be 45 new entries this whole time lol! I assumed that since it said previously completed cannot be used for medium or hard. xD
Oct 15, 2016 6:02 PM

Feb 2010
I've said a couple of times that's something that should be written in the rules. If I hadn't read the conversation where that was decided it was going to be that way (when we only had the magical girls challenge), I would probably also assume it would be against the rules.

Oct 16, 2016 9:36 AM

Jun 2014
Akai_Shuichi said:
I've said a couple of times that's something that should be written in the rules. If I hadn't read the conversation where that was decided it was going to be that way (when we only had the magical girls challenge), I would probably also assume it would be against the rules.

Yeah, I was definitely in the mindset that, say for a challenge that requires 20 Easy/30 Medium/40 Hard, I could use 20 I already watch for Easy, then had to watch 70 different anime for Medium and Hard. So just to be clear, we can start off with 20, then watch 10 to upgrade to Medium, and 10 more to upgrade to Hard?
Oct 16, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2010
That's it. @MillieAndretti90

Oct 17, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2010
@abystoma2 : with the new season, a bunch of creator/theme-based challenges need updating. The ones I noticed :
Gundam Universe
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season is now airing and should be added to Post-Disaster subsection.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars (formerly "Gundam Build Fighters Try OVA") has aired and should be moved from "Bonus" to the "Gundam Build Fighters" subsection

Macross
- Macross Δ has finished airing.

Bones
- Show By Rock!! Short!! has finished airing.
- Show By Rock!! # & Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season have started airing and should be moved out of "Bonus" section.

Brain's Base
- Endride, Cheer Danshi!! & Servamp have finished airing.
- Watashi ga Motete Dousunda is now airing and should be moved out of "Bonus" section.
- Also, this recap should probably be added too.

Kyoto Animation
- Hibike! Euphonium Movie: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso has been released on disc and there are some decent subs of it, so it should probably be moved out of "Bonus". Ditto for Musaigen no Phantom World Special.
- Hibike! Euphonium 2 is now airing and should also be moved out of "Bonus".

noitaminA
- Battery has finished airing.
- Fune wo Amu is now airing.

Shaft
- 3-gatsu no Lion has started airing and should be added to the challenge.

Thanks in advance !
Oct 17, 2016 12:07 PM

Sep 2011
Slightly - you can still only use previously seen ONCE. Whether you upgrade it or leave it be is up to you, but you cannot use previously seen for easy, upgrade to medium, then start a new "easy" with previously seen - that isn't allowed.

So the amount of new content you have to watch is the same - just whether you use the 20 previously seen as a stepping stone to med/hard OR to get that easy badge done and knocked out of the way is up to the user.

I'll go ahead and get that ruling clarified in a bit now that the graphics are back and it isn't a mad rush to replace 'em all XD haha.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 23, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2013
riho88riho said:
Challenge Name: 1st Year Anniversary Challenge

This is an awesome idea, but:
Sports Challenge - Watch an anime with a character voiced by your #1 listed favorite voice actor/actress

You probably meant voice actor challenge, and by "#1 listed favorite voice actor/actress" do you mean voice actor listed for the challenge or listed in you favourite people list? Since some users don't have voice actors in the 2nd 1. But the first one requires users to start the voice actor challenge itself, so maybe something more plain like "watch anime with character voiced by your favourite voice actor" might be better.

For 52 Weeks Challenge maybe something like "complete a tv series within a week" might fit better.

Also, what about Scum, Hint and Unrated Challenges (or others that might be missing)? Unrated with the * exception.

Oct 24, 2016 4:59 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
riho88riho said:
Challenge Name: 1st Year Anniversary Challenge

This is an awesome idea, but:
Sports Challenge - Watch an anime with a character voiced by your #1 listed favorite voice actor/actress

You probably meant voice actor challenge, and by "#1 listed favorite voice actor/actress" do you mean voice actor listed for the challenge or listed in you favourite people list? Since some users don't have voice actors in the 2nd 1. But the first one requires users to start the voice actor challenge itself, so maybe something more plain like "watch anime with character voiced by your favourite voice actor" might be better.

For 52 Weeks Challenge maybe something like "complete a tv series within a week" might fit better.

Also, what about Scum, Hint and Unrated Challenges (or others that might be missing)? Unrated with the * exception.
Thanks, glad ya like the idea ^-^

I fixed the VA suggestions both the challenge title and took ya suggestion for the requirement.

Changed the 52 weeks to ya suggestion as well - went with 11 eps originally because the 52 weeks challenge requires the series to be over 11 episodes (with the few exceptions), but the within the week matches the challenge better =D

Added Scum and Unrated. For Hint, wasn't sure how to make a requirement for this that didnt sound the same as the Recommendation challenge >.<

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 24, 2016 5:08 AM

Nov 2013
"Watch anime reccomended to you by MALgraph, AniDB Hints or animerecs"?

Oct 24, 2016 6:46 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
"Watch anime reccomended to you by MALgraph, AniDB Hints or animerecs"?
Mk ^-^ will added, thanks~!

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 25, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1479031#msg48295104

"Lupin III (2015): Italian Game" has not been released with English subs yet so it should be in Bonus as there are RAWs.
So the new totals of 6+35+1+4=46 rather than 48 (I think the total count wasn't modified for the "Lupin III (2015) Specials" that were added as they have the New flair).

Here's my turn in to show the new format to reflect that: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1479031#msg48295104

@abystoma2
riho88rihoOct 26, 2016 8:02 AM
Oct 27, 2016 7:36 AM

Jun 2014
What would happen if the voting for the monthly challenge ends up in a tie? Would both people that entered the submissions win and everyone has a choice between which one they wanna do, or something like that? I'm sort of curious, seeing how this month's votes are very close.
Oct 27, 2016 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
MillieAndretti90 said:
What would happen if the voting for the monthly challenge ends up in a tie? Would both people that entered the submissions win and everyone has a choice between which one they wanna do, or something like that? I'm sort of curious, seeing how this month's votes are very close.
Normally I have my real life friend (who's in the club but not active) vote as the tie breaker. Usually tell him which two are tied and to pick one from those two. Last time I did that I did it a few days early and it turned out to not be needed haha

I like the idea of giving the option of one or the other though. Might do that just to keep it fair =o we'll see where the votes are at on Monday.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Oct 30, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132#msg47145769

Minor corrections
>>>>>-- [X] Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Individual_Eleven
there is an unneeded underscore _ between individual and eleven

>>>>>Staying as a Collecting instead of upgrading to a challenge
should be "Collection" rather than "Collecting"

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132#msg47146764
>>>>>-- [X] Urusei Yatsura: Haru da, Tobidase!
Should be with the other entries. This item is subbed and is the only "Special" in the giant English subbed torrent on BakaBT for the main series (whose like the only sub group for the main series anyway).
MAL has it listed as 2 eps but that's incorrect, it's just 1 hour long special with two parts. I submitted a change req for it. No idea how long it will take a mod to fix but so I left it as 2/2 on my list and will naturally correct it once MAL makes it x/1.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1479556
FYI, the code is out of date. IDK if y'all maintain it or it you need to just get rid of it. Since the code can already be found if someone just quotes the post.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1495458#msg45352524
>>>>>>>-- [X] Fate/kaleid liner Prismaβ˜†Illya (TV: 10 ep)
the url links to d. gray man instead of illya

@abystoma2
riho88rihoNov 2, 2016 12:10 PM
Nov 2, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 2015
Can we make the per-day challenges have no completion limit (like the 52 weeks challenge) ?

It's literally my only motivation to watch extras (non tv-types)..

Nov 2, 2016 12:21 PM

Nov 2013
@lanblade
Fixed.

@Kreyul
Well, there's also Exposure and Genre challenges. To be honest, I personally think two rounds of each difficulty is exactly enough as a maximum for challenges.

Nov 4, 2016 8:30 AM

Feb 2010
@ToosokaRin @riho88riho

I think the Fantasy Challenge and the criterias look good after a quick look, but while the badges are series tagged as Fantasy, I'd use something a bit more representative of the genre... a couple of examples:

Berserk
Lodoss-tou Senki
Slayers
Claymore
Juuni Kokuki
Utawarerumono
Tears to Tiara
Densetsu Yuusha no Densetsu
Ookami to Koushinryou
Akatsuki no Yona
Zero no Tsukaima
Guin Saga

Nov 4, 2016 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1492223#msg45222965

>>>[X] Prince of Tennis: Pairpuri
Bringing this up again. While Pairpuri has been completely subbed. Episode 3,4,5 are missing in action. The 2SE-subs! group is composed of 2 girls. The one I was able to reach via email said the other had the original files and dropped off the face of the internet years ago. So the only viable way to getting their release is some random fan from way back of the day comes forth with them.
Ergo, this entry should be put into Bonus. And perhaps a little grey note: (if you have 2SE-subs!'s English subbed episode 3,4, & 5 please PM a mod). Since this is a prime location for missing-english-release awareness and someone might actually come forth since this club has exploded with the # of members since founding this year.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/29697/Prince_of_Tennis__Message_in_a_Bottle
Is missing from the list. It is available online with no English (only Chinese subs or no subs) so this would be good for the Bonus area too.

Riho: please go ahead and make the changes, @abystoma2 <3 thanks!
riho88rihoNov 7, 2016 5:56 AM
Nov 5, 2016 7:38 AM
Sep 2016
Hello, I just wanna make a suggestion about conditions: It looks like the challenges don't say nothing about dropped animes, and I think it would be more interesting or "challenging", that it where allowed to use dropped series in the challenges, of course, with some conditions, like that challengers has to watch the entire series if they dropped it after watching half of it. That's all, thanks.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 100 Episodes Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Apr 27, 2016

391 by KarmaSlyr »»
28 minutes ago

» 🟣 HiScore II γ€Œ Batch 141: MAR 14 | Sign Up B.141 until MAR 27 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 1, 2021

6982 by ewhfweihvie »»
53 minutes ago

Sticky: » πŸ† Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

8855 by Ultima_Oblivion »»
2 hours ago

» Scavenger Hunt #05 [Thief Set] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Sep 8, 2016

342 by EyezOfNine »»
2 hours ago

» Scavenger Hunt #08 [Thief Set] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Oct 24, 2016

334 by EyezOfNine »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.