Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2011
tsuyokunaru said:

@5shin What about Hoshi no Samidare?

Oh, looks fun! Thank you, I look forward to reading this (':
Sep 2, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2014
Just to be sure, we can use Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! for the Start and catch up to an on-going long-running (300+) series item, right? Since it's a bonus challenge, we can interpret it a bit looser, I hope.

Also, can someone recommend me a manga please? I'd prefer it if it's something shorter, somewhere around 30 chapters.
Sep 2, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2012
>>> Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

Maybe something not too long XD stuff with around 50-100 chapters. Thanks!

Sep 2, 2016 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
This will be the second Life manga for this challenge. Added to the list, thanks for the recommendation.
Sep 2, 2016 11:39 PM

Apr 2012

Thank you, seems an interesting manga ^^ I will start to read it asap!

Sep 3, 2016 3:41 PM

Oct 2007
@Hershel_Layton That's right. It totally counts.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Sep 6, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
That's it, I finally completed the 2016 Challenge !

It took me longer than expected, to be honest, but I guess that's because I decided to take it slower and not force myself to read when I didn't wanted to.

Well that was interesting, and definitly more difficult than doing (twice) the 25 items challenge of last year.

I feel like I want to talk a lot about all the stuff I read, like doing some kind of reviews here for all the things I read and left enought impression, positively or negatively, that I want to share my view on it in the thread. But that will make the message a wall of text and take so much time..

Ok then, let's see..
I'll scroll in my challenge list, and take the significant manga I find and feel like talking about, then I'll categorise them (like good read ; disappointing ; best read ; etc..) before giving a (relatively) short impression of them.

Here we go:

That's it. It took me around 4 hours to write that message (I think), but it was nice comming back and reflecting about the things I've read over time for the challenge.
With this, I'm done for this year challenge, but hey, I'll be back for the next one, most likely ^^.
And I'll still be looking the thread here, and I'll gladly help people with recommendation if need, or simply discuss about manga, which is always nice.
Thanks again, tsuyokunaru, for all the work you did and you're still doing for the challenge.
DullboySep 8, 2016 12:35 AM
Sep 6, 2016 11:51 PM

May 2015
Great comment above lol ^

Quick question guys, manga that adapted from video games can be adapted from visual novels too right? as it is some kind of a video game, don't know if it counts though.
Sep 8, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
If you love sport especially basketball, i recommend Ahiru no Sora...
IMO its on par with Slam Dunk, it got:
- Well Written Drama
- Lovable and unique Characters
- Realistic (unlike Kuroshit noshit bashitke it doesnt have goddamn unrealistic skill)
- And of course good storyline

Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu! Kininarimasu!
Sep 8, 2016 3:32 PM

Mar 2013
It's also only a third or so translated and hasn't been touched in almost 2 years.
Sep 11, 2016 2:04 PM
Apr 2014
Anyone care to recommend me anything? Completed list here

Preferably something of the Psychological/Horror genre, that has been finished. Thanks :)
Sep 11, 2016 4:22 PM

Mar 2013
NapkinTheElf said:
Anyone care to recommend me anything? Completed list here

Preferably something of the Psychological/Horror genre, that has been finished. Thanks :)

Punpun and 20th Century Boys are on your PTR. So read one of those.
Sep 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Oct 2007
@Dullboy Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write all that and congratulations on finishing! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on the forms next week (I've been going through RL stuff lately). So, looking over your list there's tons of stuff I don't really know, but I'm actually interested in them now! You always make the discussion aspect fun. I still have some spaces left over so I will check out some of the stuff you mentioned.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Sep 18, 2016 4:46 PM
Jul 2013
Hope someone can recommend me a finished manga for the manga challenge.
I don't care about the genre, just recommend me something that is finished and that i didn't read already. That should not be too hard.
Sep 18, 2016 5:11 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
@firefel - How about Ode to Kirihito? Art style might be a little old but the story still holds up really well.
Sep 18, 2016 5:52 PM
Jul 2013
@brand Thanks, for the recommendation i'll check it out.
Sep 22, 2016 4:55 AM

Jan 2010
I've been trying to read manga lately but nothing really caught my interest, I end up dropping them after 2-3 chapters so I was wondering if you could recommend me something addictive (preferably completed but if it's something really good I do not mind ongoing series) fo any of these items:

- Read a manga with a main cast mostly of one gender
- Read a manga with a non-human main character
- Read a manga about food, music or art
- Read a manga with an archetype as a main character
- Read a manga that has been adapted to live action
- Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic

and since I'll need one for this eventually...
- Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant
Sep 22, 2016 10:11 AM

Mar 2013
Crows
Sidonia no Kishi
bambino
gunnm(action girl)
Bakuman
March story

Half and Half

sry i didn't check if you have read any of these, just let me know and i'll go back to the drawign board. sry
Sep 22, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2010
AudioTsunami said:
Crows
Sidonia no Kishi dropped
bambino
gunnm(action girl)
Bakuman
March story

Half and Half

sry i didn't check if you have read any of these, just let me know and i'll go back to the drawign board. sry

I've read the ones I crossed out, thanks for the recs, more recs are always welcomed.
Sep 22, 2016 11:50 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
@Sooru

Here are some suggestions:
- Read a manga with a non-human main character: Hoshi Mamoru Inu
- Read a manga about food, music or art: Gokinjo Monogatari
- Read a manga that has been adapted to live action: Oooku
- Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant: Litchi☆Hikari Club
Sep 22, 2016 11:51 PM

Jan 2010
Thanks @Brand. I've watched Hoshi Mamoru Inu's live action adaptation and liked it very much but never really checked if the manga was translated.

I actually read 5-6 chapters of Ooku in the past, I think it was when VIZ Sig still posted chapters of their series online but since they stopped I thought that noone scanlated the series. Did they start scanlating it after all? I'd really like to buy the official release since I like Yoshinaga's works but it's not gonna happen anytime soon.
Sep 23, 2016 4:25 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
@Sooru My bad. I assumed that, uh, since a print exist that scans of that must exist. But searching online just turned up nothing.
Sep 23, 2016 7:35 AM

Jan 2010
Ah, nah it's okay. I thought that maybe they've scanned the official release and uploaded on a personal blog or something, since I too was asked a lot and had to refuse multiple times to scan my 'Afterschool Charisma' volumes because it's not available online through scanlations. Though I'd be surprised if they've had scan them to be honest, it's not OOP and not a very old title, I'd never risk to damage the comics while scanning them while the title is still available for purchase.
Sep 23, 2016 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
Yeah was gonna say last night, but yeah, only way to get Ooku physical copies. And it's on going.(tbf, I think march story has not been scanned either, but it's only 4 or 5 volumes and fairly cheap on american amazon. )

Maybe try...

- Read a manga with a non-human main character: Gunnm fits here and you can go with maybe All you need is kill, which is also action girl
- Read a manga that has been adapted to live action: Densha otoko
Sep 26, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2009
I've got two questions:

1. Can I use the following manga for these challenges:
» Read a manga about food, music or art: Genkaku Picasso
» Read a manga based on real event or person: Innocents Shounen Juujigun

2. When I was completing my fist challenge, I got this recommendation. Can I use it again (I want to read Slam Dunk this time) or do I have to ask for another one?
Sep 27, 2016 3:16 AM

Mar 2013
@lubryka
1. Yes

2. I think yes. If not, I (still) recommend that you read slam dunk =)
Sep 27, 2016 4:29 AM

Apr 2014
@lubryka
1.Kind of. But the focus isn't so much about drawing or art, in my opinion.. well it's hard to explain without spoiling maybe. ^^

2.Yes. It is based on real event that really occured (but of course, it is treated as a fiction for the most part)
Sep 30, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
@Yenzi, I tried to find something that might be to your taste :
I think you should take a look at The Gods Lie. And then maybe My Heart Is Beating (you could use it for the Manhwa item, if you don't have filled the slot already)
DullboySep 30, 2016 9:51 AM
Sep 30, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
I second Gods Lie. I couldn't find anything else in my list that was short and SoL. I mostly read stuff that is long as fuck. Which is why I am SOOOOO far behind.
Oct 2, 2016 11:32 AM

Oct 2007
@Sooru I was reading Ooku but it was scanlated up to like chapter 30 and then stopped. I haven't found more since though I really liked how it was going. It was probably dropped due to licensing.

I need help with the following, suggestions appreciated:
» Read a manga that focuses on non-romantic relationships
» Read a manga that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship
» Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field
» Read a manga with an archetype as a main character
» Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic
» Read a manga that has not been adapted in any way
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant
» Read a manga based on real event or person

It would be best if it was less than 50 chapters, but if it's really good, I'm willing to read a hundred.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Oct 2, 2016 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
tsuyokunaru said:

» Read a manga that focuses on non-romantic relationships: Kamisama no Iutoori
» Read a manga that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship: Nazo no Kanojo X
» Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field: Shigeshoushi
» Read a manga with an archetype as a main character: Saishuu Heiki Kanojo
» Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic: Boku wa Mari no Naka
» Read a manga that has not been adapted in any way: Voynich Hotel
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant: Heads
It would be best if it was less than 50 chapters, but if it's really good, I'm willing to read a hundred.

Hope you like them :)
Oct 2, 2016 1:50 PM

Oct 2007
@HeNrYTG50 Except for Shigeshoushi and Saishuu Heiki Kanojo, I'll read the rest! Actually, now that I remember I already have one for professional in his field, so I'll just be missing the archetype.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Oct 2, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
@tsuyokunaru Aww, Saishuu Heiki Kanojo is really good! But it's great that you'll give the rest a chance. :D Be sure to tell me what you think about them. :P
Oct 2, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2007
HeNrYTG50 said:
@tsuyokunaru Aww, Saishuu Heiki Kanojo is really good! But it's great that you'll give the rest a chance. :D Be sure to tell me what you think about them. :P

I watched the anime a few years ago and though I now the ending is different and so on and I found the anime fine, I really don't want to go through that emotional roller coaster again hahaha
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Oct 2, 2016 11:46 PM

Jan 2010
tsuyokunaru said:
@Sooru I was reading Ooku but it was scanlated up to like chapter 30 and then stopped. I haven't found more since though I really liked how it was going. It was probably dropped due to licensing.

They must be the chapters posted by Viz Sig, they used to have a system similar to Chrunchyrolls, but they ripped their translations and they stopped. After School Charisma stopped around 27 chapters, and I remember that I started to read Ooku when they announced that they'd stopped thus I stopped reading it, which was a pity because I really liked the first 7 chapters.

tsuyokunaru said:

» Read a manga that focuses on non-romantic relationships Yoningurashi (Maybe this could work, since it's about a family)
» Read a manga that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship Yonensei
» Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field Viking
» Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic: Ludwig Kakumei
» Read a manga that has not been adapted in any way: Donten Prism Solar Car
» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant: About Death

Hope it helps.
Oct 3, 2016 4:31 AM

Oct 2007
@Sooru Thanks! Yeah, probably. I never finished Afterschool Charisma because I started reading it on the Viz website and they took it down before I could catch up.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Oct 3, 2016 2:11 PM

Apr 2014
I come back from the read of National Quiz and it was pretty great, I enjoyed reading it very much.
If you are searching for something with a distinctive art style, and if you like the idea of an absurd dystopia were the japanese nation is ruled by a crazy TV quiz emission, then look no further. ^^

Beside, I also recommend to read Baka to Gogh from the same drawing artist, which is a great story about friendship (one of the best I have read in the departement).
Oct 4, 2016 9:20 AM

Jul 2016
I should read more manga, this challenge might get me to do it :stuck_out_tongue:
Manga raw? Do you love it? I am very love it, insteresting comic from Japan, It is a raw manga, means scan of manga, if you can do it, also you can earn a lot of money.
Oct 5, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
Hey, can someone recommend a manga to the "» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant"?
I'm into drama/seinen/psychological, something like Kokou no Hito and Oyasumi Punpun.
Oct 5, 2016 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
Spes said:
I'm into drama/seinen/psychological, something like Kokou no Hito and Oyasumi Punpun.
I would recommend to try Tsumi to Batsu.
Otherwise Homunculus seems like a good choice.
DullboyOct 5, 2016 1:15 PM
Oct 7, 2016 6:27 PM
Apr 2014
Spes said:
Hey, can someone recommend a manga to the "» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant"?

Maybe try Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased)
Oct 8, 2016 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Dullboy said:
Spes said:
I would recommend to try Tsumi to Batsu.
Otherwise Homunculus seems like a good choice.

I started Tsumi to Batsu. Thanks!

Thanatos said:
Spes said:

Maybe try Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased)

Well, i really liked the anime, i will start the manga soon! Thanks!
Oct 11, 2016 3:43 PM

May 2016
Hello! Can someone please recommend a manga to read? :)
- slice of life/romance/comedy
- not very long & completed
Thanks in advance!
Oct 14, 2016 2:58 AM
Oct 2016
i like challenge and your topic
Oct 20, 2016 4:50 AM

May 2016
@Haedi, thank you! :)
Oct 22, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2013
hey, i'm almost done with the challenge but i still need a manga for: "» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant: ".
a very short manga would be ideal (~1-20 chapters). the genre doesn't really matter as long as the series is good^^

and it would be a great help if someone could check if everything is alright with my chosen manga :)

PS: do i have to state "how" i'm reading the manga when i've finished the challenge?
e.g. i'm "up-to-date" with akatsuki no yona since i've finished vol2 today (the most recent volume in germany). should i include a note somewhere?
Oct 22, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
Simar said:
hey, i'm almost done with the challenge but i still need a manga for: "» Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant: ".
a very short manga would be ideal (~1-20 chapters). the genre doesn't really matter as long as the series is good^^

and it would be a great help if someone could check if everything is alright with my chosen manga :)

PS: do i have to state "how" i'm reading the manga when i've finished the challenge?
e.g. i'm "up-to-date" with akatsuki no yona since i've finished vol2 today (the most recent volume in germany). should i include a note somewhere?

https://myanimelist.net/manga/83481/

edit: i suggest you turn in your challenge in a way that presents the easiest way for tsuyo to check it and pass it down. If you feel stating extra information would be better, do that. Too much information probably isn't gonna hurt your case here and will only expedite the process.
Oct 22, 2016 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
thanks @AudioTsunami, i'll use it :)
Oct 23, 2016 10:12 AM

Mar 2013
 » Read a webmanga or 4-koma
 » Read a manga published in the same magazine in which your favorite one was serialized
 » Read a manga by an author/artist you don't know
 » Read a manga published between 1990 and 2000
 » Read a manga that focuses on non-romantic relationships
 » Read a manga with children as the main cast
 » Read a manga with a non-human main character
 » Read a manga about food, music or art
 » Watch a Historical, Military or Police manga
 » Watch a Sci-Fi, Space or Mecha manga
 » Watch a Dementia, Horror, Demons or Vampire manga
 » Watch a Super Powers, Fantasy or Supernatural manga
 » Watch a Harem, Ecchi, Shoujo Ai or Shounen Ai manga
 » Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field
 » Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic
 » Read a manga adapted from a video game, original anime or light novel
 » Read a manga with a score of or below 7.0 in MyAnimeList
 » Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant
 » Read a manga that another user has read for this challenge
 » Read a manga that has been on your Plan to Read list for too long
 » Read a manga with a protagonist that shares your hair color

pref short stuff

I need a bunch of help...
AudioTsunamiOct 26, 2016 1:50 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» PINK BANANA is coming! The first English language book of its kind which collects some of the weirdest and most obscure manga of the 60s and 70s.

showashowcase - Apr 2

1 by St0rmblade »»
2 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
2 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
3 hours ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
3 hours ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - Yesterday

1 by codelyok13 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.