Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Knight's & Magic' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

New
Sep 22, 2016 9:49 AM

Mar 2013
The first compiled volume of Knight's & Magic's manga adaptation, which will be released on September 24, will announce that the light novel series will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

Knight's & Magic is written by Hisago Amazake-no and illustrated by Kurogin, and was initially published on the Shousetsu-ka ni Narou website in October 2010. It began publishing under the Hero Bunko label in January 2013 and is currently ongoing with six volumes released. It was placed 6th under the New Works category in the 2014 Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi rankings. The manga adaptation by Takuji Katou began its serialization in April 2016 in Young Gangan.

Synopsis
A mecha otaku is reincarnated into another world as Ernesti Echevarria, also known as Eru. In this world, huge humanoid weapons known as Silhouette Knights exist. Dreaming of piloting those robots, Eru and his friends, Archid Olter and Adeltrud Olter, aim to become Knight Runners.

Source: Hisago Amazake-no’s Official Twitter

Knight's & Magic on MAL
KinetaApr 13, 2021 12:03 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2016 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
That picture ain't too interesting...

Sakana-san said:
A mecha otaku is
nope.
Sep 22, 2016 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
heard this is a super wish fulfillment like series, but hey its got mechs so at least theres that, They'll likely be terrible CGI mechs though so ill almost certainly pass.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 22, 2016 10:02 AM

Oct 2015
Sounds promising but cant help but be kinda reminded of Hundred just that it has no harem,romance tags. With the whole mecha and knights thing.
Oh well did anyone read the novel and can perhaps share bit of info as to how the characters and the story is? :)
Sep 22, 2016 10:03 AM

Mar 2014
@ckan

inb4 new Eva
It has tightsuits, mechas, uh, that's all it needs, right?
Sep 22, 2016 10:06 AM
Feb 2012
JizzyHitler said:
heard this is a super wish fulfillment like series, but hey its got mechs so at least theres that, They'll likely be terrible CGI mechs though so ill almost certainly pass.

When's the last time we got to see some actual good mechs? That Gundam series perhaps? You know, the one with the orphans.

This one's literally screaming "shitty LN adaption" therefore it's a big no-no for me.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 22, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
Rachmaninow said:
JizzyHitler said:

When's the last time we got to see some actual good mechs? That Gundam series perhaps? You know, the one with the orphans.

This one's literally screaming "shitty LN adaption" therefore it's a big no-no for me.

iron blooded orphans has potential to be really good as long as the 2nd half doesnt shit the bed, fafner exodus was outstanding and one of the best mecha shows for me, concrete revolutio is criminally underrated though theres only a few mech fights.

the genre is still in a weak state but its at least heading in the right direction. Bones apparently has a mecha original coming out next year so we will at least get some nice 2D mechs to gawk at (hopefully with writing drastically better than captain arse), and full metal panic is hopefully gonna come out soon.

this show just sounds lame

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 22, 2016 10:10 AM

Mar 2014
Rachmaninow said:
JizzyHitler said:

"Good" as in nimated? Regalia had pretty well animated ones, Gundam Thunderbolt was also after IBO and those were even better. If you get a couple good looking mecha shows a year it's already good.
Sep 22, 2016 10:14 AM
Feb 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Rachmaninow said:

iron blooded orphans has potential to be really good as long as the 2nd half doesnt shit the bed, fafner exodus was outstanding and one of the best mecha shows for me, concrete revolutio is criminally underrated though theres only a few mech fights.

the genre is still in a weak state but its at least heading in the right direction. Bones apparently has a mecha original coming out next year so we will at least get some nice 2D mechs to gawk at (hopefully with writing drastically better than captain arse), and full metal panic is hopefully gonna come out soon.

this show just sounds lame

You got me sold on the Exodus one, mate.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 22, 2016 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
This can be Escaflowme tier or typical LN ISEKAI tier.

@JizzyHitler
I think Fafner was pretty underrated too, Exodus was awesome.
Sep 22, 2016 10:17 AM

Jun 2012
holy shit they didn't even try to be creative with this name and concept ahah
Sep 22, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
kofmaster said:
This can be Escaflowme tier or typical LN ISEKAI tier.

@JizzyHitler
I think Fafner was pretty underrated too, Exodus was awesome.
its kind of the fault of the 1st season being so flawed and really not picking up until the 2nd half, exodus was everything the original wished it were and i think it is one of the finest mecha series around. Shame barely anyone in the west has watched it but at least its big in japan

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 22, 2016 10:39 AM

Jul 2010
Reincarnation is such cliché and overused but atleast it's about mecha this time so I guess it will be enough for me to check it out atleast. Hopefully they are not in shitty CGI...
Sep 22, 2016 10:41 AM

May 2013
Is this reincarnation stuff the new shitty LN base for the next two years?

Sep 22, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2009
Ventris said:

Yes, can you taste the 2/10 already?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 22, 2016 11:04 AM

Aug 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
Ventris said:

Yes, can you taste the 2/10 already?

Too generous you pleb it's a -69/69
Get ready for the harem boiz
Sep 22, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2016
oh finally this is a good news for me
this is a LN that i really hope to get an adaptation
hope the execution will be good
BlackPoint said:
Sounds promising but cant help but be kinda reminded of Hundred just that it has no harem,romance tags. With the whole mecha and knights thing.
Oh well did anyone read the novel and can perhaps share bit of info as to how the characters and the story is? :)

Sep 22, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
And here I thought Konosuba and Re:Zero killed this genre for good...
Sep 22, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
I'm fine with Tenkû no Escaflowne, thanks for the try.
Sep 22, 2016 11:14 AM

Oct 2015
Xarkiesami said:
oh finally this is a good news for me
this is a LN that i really hope to get an adaptation
hope the execution will be good
BlackPoint said:

Hmmm the MC seems pretty decent then, hope the action stuff and story progress will be interesting enough^^

TrashDax said:

Killed? I hope we get some more of them in the future instead of fujoshi trash and boring sports dramas.
Sep 22, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2016
JizzyHitler said:

well from the synopsis above it's definitely cliche. but i think this one has a creative concept because it's combining robot and magic (that's right robot use magic). but i also worried about the CGI if it got gundam treatment then it's good.
Sep 22, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
Red_Keys said:

Sakana-san said:
A mecha otaku is
nope.

lmfao my thoughts exactly

#30character
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 22, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this sounds as uncreative as it can get, and not just because of that title.

Pass.
Sep 22, 2016 11:54 AM

May 2012
Knight + magic + beautiful girl = good by default
Sep 22, 2016 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
Ventris said:

Youjo Senki and Honzuki no gekokujou are both examples of good stories with a reincarnated MC. Like in any genre of literature , it's more about taking the time to pick than anything else.

I don't know about that one tho. Never heard about it~
Sep 22, 2016 11:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just me or does the MC look like a trap?

Well in any case doesn't sound like anything very original at least so I think I'll skip it
Sep 22, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Just me or does the MC look like a trap?

Well in any case doesn't sound like anything very original at least so I think I'll skip it

I was wondering about that too. After checking, it seems that he's just having a feminine appearance, but it's neither used as trap or reverse trap.
Sep 22, 2016 12:16 PM

May 2010
BlackPoint said:

Killed? I hope we get some more of them in the future instead of fujoshi trash and boring sports dramas.

This is important fact.
Sep 22, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
Sounds terrible, gotta remember that for whenever it comes out. Wish MAL had a blacklist feature for anime.
Sep 22, 2016 12:56 PM
Nov 2015
thepath said:

LoL
The MC is a boy not agirl LMAO
Sep 22, 2016 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
Trap + Isekai = Instant Watch

Ventris said:

Next 5 years.
Sep 22, 2016 12:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
plz japan
stahp
from time to time its alright a story like that but jesus christ

TrashDax said:

On the contrary, because of them we gonna get more of this genre. ._.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 22, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
DatRandomDude said:

TrashDax said:

On the contrary, because of them we gonna get more of this genre. ._.

yeah, I lowkey hoped that Konosuba and Re:zero would be failures, so that Isekai wouldnt get too popular, but oh well most LN fads don't last much longer than 2-3 years. Anyways, mecha + isekai + shota MC are like my least favorite things, so I'm probably skipping this.
Sep 22, 2016 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
"A mecha otaku..." didnt read the rest, just your usual mecha hater...;_;

[insert generic comment about how this is going to be the worst anime ever]

BlackPoint said:

^
Sep 22, 2016 1:46 PM
May 2015
Lol, just the name alone tells me that the author lacks creativity.

Also, mecha? Hmmm...pass.

Sep 22, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2007
Crinnnnnnnnnnnnge.

This, people. Stuff like this is the reason every single LN adaptation gets treated like...well....an LN adaption.

Because for every single good one, there's like hundreds of things like...this. At least try to hide what a typical LN nonsense this is by pretending it is "deconstruction" for first half of the story, geez.
jc9622 said:

LN titles have nothing to do with authors.
Publishers want "clear and non-confusing" titles that "tell the reader exactly what it is".
Hence why you have shitloads of "How I/How to ..." and "... and ..." kind of uncreative titles in the ln market. In fact, anything with a less "obvious title" actually tends to sell worse, because japanese buyers ignore it.
AhenshihaelSep 22, 2016 2:08 PM
Sep 22, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2012
moaml_salm said:
thepath said:

LoL
The MC is a boy not agirl LMAO

LOL. I actually thought he is a girl until I checked his character page in MAL
https://myanimelist.net/character/121185/Ernesti_Echevarria

I love traps even more than girls. So, this is must watch anime now !! I hope it airs in winter season
Sep 22, 2016 3:45 PM

Sep 2015
So many light novel adaptation announcements. When is my precious HakoMari going to get one.
Sep 22, 2016 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
jc9622 said:

Also, mecha? Hmmm...pass.

Still better than your typical light novel ridiculously long name
Sep 22, 2016 4:06 PM
Sep 2011
Hope there will be a lot of reincarnation novel adapted to animu

Waiting for Death March, Konjiki no Wordmaster and Slime Tensei adaptation too bad Dungeon Defense is korean novel
Sep 22, 2016 4:18 PM

Jan 2014
I was expecting a lot of salt on this thread but it seems its more than my expectations.

That being said ugh, out of all the LN they had to pick this one up. Like seriously? I'm thinking maybe Silver Link or J.C. Staff is going to do this one, probably after they saw how successful KonoSuba and Re Zero is. I swear this adaptation will crash and burn though.... Some LNs are better left un-adapted....

Welp, it'll definitely get popular anyway, and will definitely be a good material for people to wage hate/love war on this one. Will probably skim watch this just to see the designs, if it's even a good adaptation that is....
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Sep 22, 2016 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
more bullshit coming out, nothing new..
Sep 22, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2008
Anime of the decade right here. You people have no idea.
Sep 22, 2016 5:32 PM

Nov 2011
Duck_knight said:
Hope there will be a lot of reincarnation novel adapted to animu

Waiting for Death March, Konjiki no Wordmaster and Slime Tensei adaptation too bad Dungeon Defense is korean novel

I wouldn't be surprised if these get anime in the future, Death March being very likely.
Sep 22, 2016 5:34 PM

Jun 2013
Looks pretty generic but its a Mecha so ill give it a watch, who knows, it might be decent.
Sep 22, 2016 5:37 PM
May 2014
yes, another reincarnation novel, will be looking forward to this

hopefully it can be on the same level as overlord if not better?
Sep 22, 2016 5:54 PM
Dec 2011
I like reincarnation stories but I dislike mecha. Will only watch it if it's a Harem. Trap + Harem = AOTY.
Sep 22, 2016 7:10 PM

Sep 2010
Might try it out just for the mecha aspect cause I really like the designs on the cover.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 22, 2016 7:42 PM

May 2010
I was too happy about all the Exodus comments i stopped thinking about this LN.
Sep 22, 2016 8:11 PM

Mar 2015
i don't even excited, but always giving a try...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.