Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2016 7:18 AM

Dec 2012

Based on the popular board game Clue: Master Detective (or Super Cluedo in Europe), this is a Non-mafia Free For All Minigame. It involves mechanics of moving through rooms and questioning/deceiving other players. Be the first to solve a murder mystery and win the game!

Mr. Boddy of Boddy Manor has been murdered by one of his unappreciative house guests, somewhere in or around the manor house with an unknown weapon. Whodunit? Where? With what weapon? Scotland yard is depending on you, the best detective in England to answer these questions.

Phases:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, Game Over

Game Setup
There are 30 cards consisting of 9 Characters, 8 Weapons and 13 Rooms.

One card of each type has been removed from the game and represent the facts of the murder case. The rest of the cards will be randomly and evenly distributed among the 9 players.
Every player begin in the Cloak Room and will be assigned a random Character.
During each phase, each player may move to a different Room and either make a Suggestion or an Accusation.
Each phase will last 48 hours and phase change will happen at 21:00 GMT.
The phase change will include a map of all players current location and a list of all Suggestions made that phase.
External communication such as skype or PM is not allowed when discussing the game!

Movement
Below is a map of all the rooms in the manor. Each phase you can move to any room that is connected by a black line to the one you are currently in. For example, if you are in the Conservatory, you can move to either the Studio or the Trophy Room. To move, you must send both hosts a private message, with the move you want to make, for example: "Move from Conservatory to Studio".

Suggestion
Each phase you can make a Suggestion as to which Character killed Mr. Boddy, with which Weapon and in which Room. You then choose another player to disprove your Suggestion.

To do this, make a post using the following format:
[b]Suggestion:[/b] I think [Character] killed Mr. Boddy with a [Weapon] in the [Room] and I want [Player] to disprove it.

Example:
Suggestion: I think Madame Rose killed Mr. Boddy with a Knife in the Kitchen and I want Zymf to disprove it.

You can only choose the Room, that you are currently in, but you can choose between all Characters, Weapons and Players.
If the Player you choose have any of the 3 cards you mentioned, they will be revealed to you in a private message.
All other players will only know if your Suggestion was Disproven or not.

If only 1 Player choose a Character in their Suggestion, the Character will be transferred to that Room, overriding their movement that turn.
If 2 or more Players choose the same Character in their Suggestion, the Character will not be transferred to any Room.

Accusation
Once you think you know the facts of the murder case, you can make an Accusation instead of Suggestion. Again, you must choose a Character, a Weapon and a Room.

[b]Accusation:[/b] I accuse [Character] of killing Mr. Boddy with a [Weapon] in the [Room].

Example:
Accusation: I accuse Madame Rose of killing Mr. Boddy with a Knife in the Kitchen.

If your Accusation is correct and you are the first player to make this Accusation, you and your team win and the game will end.
However, if your Accusation is not correct, you will be eliminated and the game will continue. You are no longer allowed to post in the thread and your 3 cards will be revealed.

Teams
The 9 players are split into 3 teams consisting of 3 members each; 1 Detective and 2 Assistants.
The Detectives are the only ones that know who is on their team. The Assistants do not.
If a member of the team makes a correct Accusation the entire team wins.

Sharing
Once per phase, players may Share a specific category (Characters, Weapons or Rooms) of cards with one another.

[b]Share [Characters/Weapons/Rooms] with [Player][/b]

Example:
Share [Characters/Weapons/Rooms] with [Player]

When 2 players both Share with eachother, they will be shown all cards within that category. It doesn't have to be the same category.

Voting
Each phase, players can Vote for another player to be eliminated.

[b]Vote:[/b] [Player]

Example:
Vote: [Player]

By the end of the phase, the player with the most votes will be eliminated.
If a player makes a correct accusation before being eliminated, they will still win the game.

To sign up for this game, use the following format: [b]Join: (Username)[/b]
The game is scheduled to begin Tuesday the 20th of September
If the sign-up list is filled by then, the 9 Characters will be randomly distributed using RNG.
You will then receive a PM with information regarding your role and the game will begin.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in a PM or this thread ;D

OBS: As this is the first time I'm hosting something like this, drastic changes to the rules might occur mid-game!
    OBS: So far I've tried to keep it as simple as possible, though.

New Rules:
  • If a player has not posted for 2 consecutive phases they will be replaced/modkilled (eliminated).
  • You cannot be transferred to a Room you are already in.
  • Players are split into 3 teams with 1 Detective and 2 Assistants (look above)
  • Players may Share cards of specific types with one another (look above)
  • Players can Vote for other players to be eliminated (look above)
  • When a player is eliminated, their cards will be revealed.
SorenApr 25, 2017 10:44 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2016 7:18 AM

Dec 2012
List of players:
1. Zuhra
2. _Claire_
3. SoulEaterQUEEN grrr
4. Jackrito
5. Shinichi-kun
6. Togs
7. thereapersedge
8. reiynii
9. Rinto-kun grave_robber

Waitlist:
- None...
ZymfSep 24, 2016 4:03 AM
Sep 12, 2016 9:13 AM

Apr 2015
Join: _Claire_

Sounds interesting.
Sep 12, 2016 12:00 PM

Nov 2013
Join: SoulEaterQUEEN
yelp , here's hoping this game doesn't start until death note finishes looool
Sep 12, 2016 3:56 PM

Apr 2014
Join Jackrito
Sep 12, 2016 9:47 PM

Mar 2014
Join: Zuhra

YES PLEASE
Sep 12, 2016 10:42 PM

Dec 2012
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
yelp , here's hoping this game doesn't start until death note finishes looool
The game won't begin before the 20th, so I don't think you have to worry about that ;)
Sep 12, 2016 11:03 PM

Dec 2013
Join:Shinichi

Sep 12, 2016 11:07 PM

Nov 2015
Join: Togs

I have a feeling this one is gonna be really overfilled hehe
Sep 12, 2016 11:41 PM

Mar 2014
This will fill up quickly but having to wait until the 20th!!!

I have some questions but yeah, there are like seven days to ask them so...
Sep 12, 2016 11:43 PM

Aug 2012
Zuhra said:
I have some questions but yeah, there are like seven days to ask them so...
Sorry :P
Coz I'm not available till Monday ><

Here's a fun way to spend your waiting days. Ask one question a day :'D

Sep 13, 2016 12:00 AM

Apr 2015
Will one of us be the "murderer"?
Also, are the other 8's job is to catch him? The game will not rest until he is caught?
Sep 13, 2016 12:17 AM

Aug 2012
_Claire_ said:
Also, are the other 8's job is to catch him? The game will not rest until he is caught?
Out of all 9 characters, there will be a murderer.
But it's everyone's job to find out who's the murderer. Basically the killer himself doesn't know that he's the killer.
Everyone plays the detective role to find out who's the killer in the story (including the killer).

Whoever figure out who's the killer first is the winner :)

Sep 13, 2016 12:23 AM

Apr 2015
aa-dono said:
_Claire_ said:
Out of all 9 characters, there will be a murderer.
But it's everyone's job to find out who's the murderer. Basically the killer himself doesn't know that he's the killer.
Everyone plays the detective role to find out who's the killer in the story (including the killer).

Whoever figure out who's the killer first is the winner :)

OH OH!
I think Zuu-chan will figure it first..

Zuu-chan: It is the wife! Definitely the wife!
Sep 13, 2016 12:52 AM

Mar 2014
_Claire_ said:

Zuu-chan: It is the wife! Definitely the wife!

Lol! Yes, it is always the wife!!!

I can bet @DenjaX's pancreas that I will not, cannot win this game. But I believe I will enjoy it anyway. Who doesn't enjoy a good murder game?
Sep 13, 2016 2:03 AM

Feb 2015
Join: Edge

Sep 13, 2016 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
I have no CLUE-DO I have to buy the game? Always see this game for sale.

Zuhra said:
I can bet DenjaX's pancreas that I will not, cannot win this game. But I believe I will enjoy it anyway. Who doesn't enjoy a good murder game?
You already bet one of my pancrease before D; How much more do you need?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 13, 2016 9:21 AM

Sep 2014
Join: Reiynii
This sounds like so much fun!!!
Sep 13, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
Yay its filled :)
Sep 13, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
Soren said:
No, still room for 1 more.

And it never hurts to have a few back-ups on the waitlist as well ^^
Sep 13, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
Zymf said:
Soren said:
No, still room for 1 more.

And it never hurts to have a few back-ups on the waitlist as well ^^
oopsies
Sep 13, 2016 2:35 PM

Oct 2014
I am free for a game.
Hopefully I get noticed unlike the Death Note game. ;-;
Join: Rinto-kun

Sep 13, 2016 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
Sign-up is now closed but the waitlist is open!
The game will begin Tuesday the 20th of September.

(Might change this to the 16th instead, though...)
ZymfSep 15, 2016 11:31 PM
Sep 14, 2016 12:19 AM

Mar 2014
DenjaX said:

Zuhra said:
I can bet DenjaX's pancreas that I will not, cannot win this game. But I believe I will enjoy it anyway. Who doesn't enjoy a good murder game?
You already bet one of my pancrease before D; How much more do you need?

That one didnt count since Arri never hosted her game.
Sep 14, 2016 12:52 AM

Apr 2015
Zymf said:
Sign-up is now closed but the waitlist is open!
The game will begin Tuesday the 20th of September.

(Might change this to the 16th instead, though...)

How long do you expect the game to go on?
Sep 14, 2016 1:10 AM

Dec 2012
It's really hard to tell...
10 phases maybe (20 days)
Sep 15, 2016 11:30 PM

Dec 2012
Update: Considering how many players are also in the Death Note game, the game will not begin tonight. It may start the 18th 19th however.
ZymfSep 17, 2016 5:36 PM
Sep 19, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2012
Phase 1

It is early morning and many hours have passed since since the tragic murder of Mr. Boddy occurred. The police was contacted immediately after the body was discovered, but have only just started to arrive outside on the pavement. The 9 house guests, the Butler and the Maid have all been gathered inside the Cloak Room.

Butler: It is a shame that it has come to this, but the police instructed me to inform you, that you are all suspects in the murder of Mr. Boddy and that none of you may leave the premise until police have finished their investigation. You are however free to move around and explore the manor as you see fit. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

Maid: Mr. Boddy was such a Noble man! But now he has been... been ki-killed by one of you! I can still see the- the horrible, oh.. I can't, I *the Maid faints*

Time left till next phase change

@Zuhra, @_Claire_, @SoulEaterQUEEN, @Jackrito, @Shinichi-kun, @Togs, @thereapersedge, @reiynii, @Rinto-kun
ZymfSep 19, 2016 2:15 PM
Sep 19, 2016 3:04 PM

Nov 2015
Hey everyone I think this poor fellow got too hungry and ate some fruit he shouldn't have.

Suggestion: I think Miss Peach killed Mr. Boddy with Poison in the Dining Room. Jack I want you to disprove it : )
Sep 19, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
Togs said:
Hey everyone I think this poor fellow got too hungry and ate some fruit he shouldn't have.

Suggestion: I think Miss Peach killed Mr. Boddy with Poison in the Dining Room. Jack I want you to disprove it : )

Don't we have to choose the room we are currently in?
Sep 19, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2012
@Togs
You can only choose the Room, that you are currently in, but you can choose between all Characters, Weapons and Players.

Jackrito said:
Yes.

Sep 19, 2016 3:42 PM

Nov 2015
aa-dono said:
@Togs

Jackrito said:
Yes.
That's why I pm'd you that I moved there ? Or do I need to say it the thread as well
Sep 19, 2016 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
Togs said:
aa-dono said:
@Togs

Yes.
That's why I pm'd you that I moved there ? Or do I need to say it the thread as well
You will be moved to the location you asked for the next phase.

Sep 19, 2016 4:32 PM

Nov 2015
aa-dono said:
Togs said:
Oh ok I didn't realize that from reading the rules. So this phase we can only suggest in the Cloak Room then ?
Sep 19, 2016 4:33 PM

Aug 2012
Togs said:
aa-dono said:
Oh ok I didn't realize that from reading the rules. So this phase we can only suggest in the Cloak Room then ?
Yep :)

Sep 19, 2016 5:00 PM

Nov 2015
Ok in that case:

Suggestion: I think Miss Peach killed Mr. Boddy with Poison in the Cloak room I want Jack to disprove it.
Sep 19, 2016 5:07 PM

Apr 2015
I have suggestion:

@aa-dono

If all of us share the content of our cards, will it spoil the game?
Sep 19, 2016 5:09 PM

Aug 2012
_Claire_ said:
I have suggestion:

@aa-dono

Yes it will spoil the game :(

Sep 19, 2016 9:58 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty sure the contents of our card are basically our hint to find the killer so prob not something u should reveal XD. Also how funny would it be if the killer did end up murdering him in the room we started at :O

Sep 19, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2013
im more inclinded to believe the murder happened in a place thats nomrally empty or where someone would be alone like the library/drawing room/conservatory/studio. Thats the say if the game uses any logic to determine the location of the kill or if its rng.

Sep 19, 2016 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
aa-dono said:
_Claire_ said:
I have suggestion:

@aa-dono

However, you are allowed to do it if you want.
But the goal of the game is to be the first to guess who the murderer is, with what weapon and in which room.
Sep 20, 2016 12:02 AM

Apr 2015
Then there is nothing we can do at this phase right, speculating at this point is useless because we know next to nothing about the game except our clues which is contained in the card.

Zymf said:
aa-dono said:
But the goal of the game is to be the first to guess who the murderer is, with what weapon and in which room.

Do we send the message for our movement for next phase?
Sep 20, 2016 12:52 AM

Apr 2014
Shinichi-Kun said:
im more inclinded to believe the murder happened in a place thats nomrally empty or where someone would be alone like the library/drawing room/conservatory/studio. Thats the say if the game uses any logic to determine the location of the kill or if its rng.

I'm pretty sure this is done by RNG. Since the way it works is one card from each section is took from play and that is the cards of the murder. Then rest are gave out between us makes it seem pretty RNG based.
Sep 20, 2016 12:55 AM

Apr 2014
_Claire_ said:
Then there is nothing we can do at this phase right, speculating at this point is useless because we know next to nothing about the game except our clues which is contained in the card.

Zymf said:

Well we can still accuse people based on weapon and person freely. You may also get lucky and do it on the person who has the card for this room. So it is far from pointless. I'm not sure how much discussion will be had though since it is basically hunting for cards unless people want to be helpful and give info freely.
Sep 20, 2016 12:59 AM

Apr 2014
Suggestion: I think Miss scarlet killed Mr. Boddy with the candlestick in the Cloak room. I want Zuhra to disprove it.
Sep 20, 2016 1:01 AM

Apr 2015
Jackrito said:
_Claire_ said:

Well we can still accuse people based on weapon and person freely. You may also get lucky and do it on the person who has the card for this room. So it is far from pointless. I'm not sure how much discussion will be had though since it is basically hunting for cards unless people want to be helpful and give info freely.

Psh, alright.

But don't you need to disprove Togs or something?

Suggestion: I think Monsieur Brunette killed Mr. Boddy with a Revolver in the Clock Room and I want @SoulEaterQueen to disprove it.
Sep 20, 2016 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
_Claire_ said:
That will happen automatically :P

Rules said:
If the Player you choose have any of the 3 cards you mentioned, they will be revealed to you in a private message.
Sep 20, 2016 1:36 AM

Apr 2015
Zymf said:
_Claire_ said:

Rules said:

But I haven't seen where is the prove or disprove post XD I know about that but I thought Jack needs to say "disproven" or "proven"
Sep 20, 2016 1:47 AM

Apr 2014
_Claire_ said:
Zymf said:

But I haven't seen where is the prove or disprove post XD I know about that but I thought Jack needs to say "disproven" or "proven"

It is my choice to disprove it in public I believe if I am able to. Only Togs will know for certain if I can or not. I think that is how it works
Sep 20, 2016 2:12 AM

Aug 2012
Jackrito said:
_Claire_ said:

It is my choice to disprove it in public I believe if I am able to. Only Togs will know for certain if I can or not. I think that is how it works
Yes. You are allowed to share/claim/prove/disprove but the only person who will know for certain is the person who asked you to disprove it in "official" Suggestion.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.