Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2016 6:07 PM

Jul 2013
8/10 from me - this show was enjoyable especially for its characters and battles.

Finally Subaru owned up to the shit he pulled on Emilia! Their scene together was beautiful. Now they can finally move forward into happiness together :) <3

If there's a next season I hope we get to see more Felt!

Jan 2011
should i add more Rem/LN fans?
http://imgur.com/a/yMV4V

because it's kinda insane lol.

Has been a wild ride since spring this show had it's ups and downs and has some unforgetable moments,while i wish the arc after the first day didn't drag on so long it picked up in the second cour only to lose it's steam near the end with this unexpectedly safe and happy ending.

will look forward to seeing what else this has in store since in reality we kinda haven't covered much like at all

8/10 and thanks RE:Zero for giving birth to yet another waifu war because we really needed more

Mar 2010
Hoo booy. Waifu war and projection time, complete with reductionist arguments. sigh

Angry_Always said:

I just went through a whole thing describing how Rem has more development as a lover so I will just use a list of my points.

1. Emilia being consistent = their relationship not going past friendly at all or changing in any way beside a fight.

2. Rem and his relationship evolves and develops throughout the show. It's called character development and relationship depth.

3. Rem was there when everyone else, including Emilia, turned their backs on him when he descended into darkness.

4. Rem broke him out of his depression and kept fighting for him after being rejected.

5. Rem has more than two emotions, as well as a dark side to her character. Emilia is bland and simplistic.

6. Emilia, apart from saving him once, has done next to nothing for him.

1. Who cares? It was practically the same thing with Subaru and Rem until ep 18. And ep 13 definitely changed their relationship, because unless you never been an serious argument with someone close there no way you say that. But was one needed so Subaru could grow up and break out of his hero complex and decide if he's helping Emilia because he truly has feelings for her or is he ding it for himself. It's only going through his character and self examine that he could give her an answer.

2. No, Rem's feeling for him evolved, to Subaru she was merely a co-worker and close friend like everyone else in the manor. Similarity Subaru's feelings for Emilia changed because he no longer makes everything going about him but her.

3. Yes because he pushed everyone else from him because of his pride. It was his fault he knows it. That's he doesn't go running Rem and acting she only who cares about him because he was the one who brunt those bridges himself. 2nd half of arc 3 is spent primarily on repairing those relationships. That was also what Rem wanted him to do because she knew his feelings for Emilia were genuine.

4. So did Emilia back in Arc 2. It was thanks to her actions that Rem actually soften to him a bit.

5. That's retarded and selective. Emilia may have gentle side, but she also stern, leveled headed. She has no problem killing people in self-defense. Rem's dark side is just her being dumb reckless.

6. I can't even take you seriously now. If not for her Subaru
-Wouldn't be living at manor now.
-Would have died multiple times
-Would have gone insane from PTSD Rem gave him.
-Would not have anyone deafened from suspicions
-Would have nowhere to go.
-Would not be getting his mana gate treated by the healer in country thanks her going out on a limb to for a contract with a political rival.

She's done plenty for him without without going to extremes. Even in his monologues in the manga and LN/WN he regrets that he's always causing her trouble in one way or another for everything she does for him.
Iron_MawSep 18, 2016 6:30 PM
Sep 18, 2016 6:15 PM

Jul 2016
katsu044 said:

Has been a wild ride since spring this show had it's ups and downs and has some unforgetable moments,while i wish the arc after the first day didn't drag on so long it picked up in the second cour only to lose it's steam near the end with this unexpectedly safe and happy ending.

will look forward to seeing what else this has in store since in reality we kinda haven't covered much like at all

8/10 and thanks RE:Zero for giving birth to yet another waifu war because we really needed more

What's your number 1 unforgettable moment? Was it Subaru bashing himself while standing on the White whale, Betelgeuse in episode 15, or perhaps...... I LOVE EMILIA?

Waifu wars were truly a marvel in this anime :D
Sep 18, 2016 6:17 PM

Jan 2013
Thanks Re Zero for an incredible moment of Japanimation.
Sep 18, 2016 6:21 PM
Apr 2010
Too many questions that remain unanswered, and it never left the "thing just happened" feel for this series. 5/10 for the whole thing
Sep 18, 2016 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
So, I have to say, I feel a little underwhelmed by the end. Despite the happy ending, i don't really feel a true sense of closure, if anything it felt a little anti-climactic. A little part of me would have been OK with the series ending in turmoil/confusion as it began, but I guess you'll have people upset about ending it either way since there's no explicit promise of a second season just at this moment and the story isn't really finished.

I did like the overall closure to the battle, although I would have liked to have seen more shots of the villagers and the army so we could get a little bit more time seeing them happy. Of course Rem has become irrelevant at the moment, although according to spoilers, if we get a se2 she should become part of the narrative again lol. I hope they talk a lot more about the witch and the overall mystery. Apparently there is supposed to be a preview so I'll be waiting for that whenever it comes out.

Otherwise, 8/10. The series has had it's ups and downs but overall I enjoyed Subaru's character development, he's def. more likeable than your usual "i'll be the one to save my waifu" protag, the love triangle aspect was what i'd call tolerable, and I liked most of the characters. The concept itself is really cool and I hope they expound more on it. If this is all white fox puts into re:zero I kind of feel like I'd drop my score from a an 8 to a 7 or 6, but I'm assuming they're going to continue this story.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Sep 18, 2016 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
And here ends one of the greatest anime I've seen. Now we patiently wait for a Season 2....
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Sep 18, 2016 6:31 PM

Jun 2012
So that is why the letter was blank O.o poor Rem, since they didn't even made Subaru wonder why the letter was blank they must have really skipped her scenes. The ending and how those credits were rolled, they must really want not to continue the anime, motherfuckers.
Sep 18, 2016 6:32 PM

Jan 2008
Extremely enjoyable series. Glad I stayed off the discussion boards.

Ending was a bit overkill on the lighting but strangely helped a lot with the mood. Kinda wished they didn't play the first ending though, felt out of place, should have just kept the second ending there instead of during the bomb scene. Also should have at least showed a full shot of all the characters or something too, that would have nice.

Don't understand how Betelgeuse died so suddenly though during the chase, not that I don't have my guesses but some reasonable verification would have been nice.
Sep 18, 2016 6:38 PM

Jul 2013
The fact that people dont even know the diference between skipped and not reached that point in the adaptation is something that i dont know if i should laugh or feel sad about.
Seriously, the episode was alredy long enough withouth that, and it was even a pretty good episode, but no, you guys so desperatly need that Non-skipped scene.

Its also understandable when they havent even confirmed a S2 Greenlight, so leaving a cliffhanger ending and not being adapter later would had left a pretty sour taste in many anime viewers.
no
Sep 18, 2016 6:39 PM

Jul 2016
Paul said:

Ending was a bit overkill on the lighting but strangely helped a lot with the mood. Kinda wished they didn't play the first ending though, felt out of place, should have just kept the second ending there instead of during the bomb scene. Also should have at least showed a full shot of all the characters or something too, that would have nice.

Don't understand how Betelgeuse died so suddenly though during the chase, not that I don't have my guesses but some reasonable verification would have been nice.

His death was pretty simple really, Subaru used Julius's spirit Ia that Julius entrusted Subaru with, to burn the remnant of Betelgeuse. Without Subaru's throwing of the gospel he would've also died, since Betelgeuse could've grabbed him. Julius also implied that Spirit's are adept at purifying/exterminating the soul earlier on in this episode.
Sep 18, 2016 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
Verifax said:
Paul said:

His death was pretty simple really, Subaru used Julius's spirit Ia that Julius entrusted Subaru with, to burn the remnant of Betelgeuse. Without Subaru's throwing of the gospel he would've also died, since Betelgeuse could've grabbed him. Julius also implied that Spirit's are adept at purifying/exterminating the soul earlier on in this episode.

I figured it was something to do with the spirits but strangely enough, for a sec I thought he was gonna burn the gospel. Regardless, I felt the death during the chase was a bit kinda just out of no where.
Sep 18, 2016 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
Paul said:
Verifax said:

I figured it was something to do with the spirits but strangely enough, for a sec I thought he was gonna burn the gospel. Regardless, I felt the death during the chase was a bit kinda just out of no where.

I can understand that, but Betelgeuse was by all acounts already very weakened. It was just a showcasing of how pitiable Betelgeuse actually is, and a way of allowing Subaru to put an end to everything personally. I believe that even Subaru felt some compassion for Betelgeuse at the end.
Aug 2014
Worthy finale, the action was good and the confession scene at the end was a perfect climaxe. Propably the second best episode after 18, but its no definite ending.
If this doesnt get a season 2 my regards and rating for the whole thing will drop alot, right now id say its close to a 9 but without sequel stays an 8

Anyone noticed how Patrasche curled himself around Subaru right before the explosion? PATRASCHE BEST BRO 4 LIFE

Btw is there a manga that has progressed further than the anime went at this point? im interested in reading but not in WN/LN format

Jan 2013
Salty people judging an anime based on how well it is adapted... you really need to rewatch your priorities. Same shit as Unlimited Blade Works, the episode discussions were a summary of what was cut from the novel. Happy to have not partecipated.
Sep 18, 2016 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
leNerd said:
Worthy finale, the action was good and the confession scene at the end was a perfect climaxe. Propably the second best episode after 18, but its no definite ending.
If this doesnt get a season 2 my regards and rating for the whole thing will drop alot, right now id say its close to a 9 but without sequel stays an 8

Anyone noticed how Patrasche curled himself around Subaru right before the explosion? PATRASCHE BEST BRO 4 LIFE

Best Broette :) But yea, season 2 after all this buildup, would make for an amazing story.
Sep 18, 2016 6:56 PM

Jan 2016
Well, these comments about Rem kinda ruined the ending for me. You guys aren't even talking about anything else.
Sep 18, 2016 6:57 PM

Jul 2016
rigolotekitten said:
Well, these comments about Rem kinda ruined the ending for me. You guys aren't even talking about anything else.

And neither are you, how slothful! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
Sep 18, 2016 6:58 PM

Jun 2012
I really hated this anime halfway through but Im happy I stuck with it. I hope theres a second season someday. Guess I'll grab the Yen press translations of the novels.
Sep 18, 2016 7:01 PM

Sep 2014
Communist elf had a max 5 min scenes in the last 15 episodes, and yet again she takes the entire ending, nice.
Sep 18, 2016 7:01 PM
May 2009
That mini nuclear explosion - holy ....
I'm slightly disappointed with the Betelguese fight but nice final episode nonetheless

8/10 even with a slightly annoying mc
Sep 18, 2016 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
Verifax said:
katsu044 said:

What's your number 1 unforgettable moment? Was it Subaru bashing himself while standing on the White whale, Betelgeuse in episode 15, or perhaps...... I LOVE EMILIA?

episode 15 with that ending i thought it was really well done probably one of the best ones.
Sep 18, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2008
I enjoyed this show a lot. I'm fine with no Rem in this episode because I felt they spent too much time with her already. Emilia is supposed to be the main love interest for the MC as far as I know so they should be showing more of her.
Sep 18, 2016 7:06 PM

Jan 2016
Honestly,.this ending was VERY satisfying to me. 10/10
Sep 18, 2016 7:07 PM

Jul 2016
katsu044 said:
Verifax said:

episode 15 with that ending i thought it was really well done probably one of the best ones.

Ah, makes sense, I forgot that most people were truly enarmored with that scene. ''Sleep, just like my daughter''

My favorite scene was the ending of episode 20. Those three White Whales were one of the greatest middlefinger gestures I've ever seen.
Sep 18, 2016 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
BJuice wasn't the greatest final boss though, after seeing Wilhem just 1 shot him. I'm starting to think that The Witch used BJuice to toughen up Subaru by making him kill Rem.
Sep 18, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2016
Verifax said:
rigolotekitten said:

And neither are you, how slothful! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
Lol I did say something but Im not a big commenter
I was expecting a comment like this
Sep 18, 2016 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
It was a nice ending. Hope they make another season or some movies though, really want to know what happens with the witch, will she come alive or not and if she is a real threat or not?

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Sep 18, 2016 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
Raven_Wingz said:
BJuice wasn't the greatest final boss though, after seeing Wilhem just 1 shot him. I'm starting to think that The Witch used BJuice to toughen up Subaru by making him kill Rem.

One thing's for sure, Satella didn't give a shit about Betelgeuse surviving or his feelings. Betelgeuse also said things along the line of: I remember what you did for me Satella, even if YOU don't. Perhaps the Satella that is currently residing in Subaru hasn't got all her memories regarding the witch cult. Perhaps Satella made those gospels long, long before any of this happened and knew full well that following the gospel, would end in their deaths.
Sep 18, 2016 7:17 PM
Aug 2014
PinkSheep said:
leNerd said:
Worthy finale, the action was good and the confession scene at the end was a perfect climaxe. Propably the second best episode after 18

I could not feel calm watching him confess to Emilia This was probably the worst episode for me I don't hate Emilia but when he talks about how good she is & how she saved him then she says she can't save anyone I was just thinking of Rem v.v She's done so much for him I just couldn''t feel happy at all seeing that scene and I'm sure other people are very upset too

Why did that remind you of Rem? I think i missed something here, last time Rem appeared was after they fought the white whale right?
Do people take the thing with the blank letter as a sign that she was wiped out of memory/dead from the white whale?
Sep 18, 2016 7:18 PM

Jul 2015
I have a real bad memory

terminador_2397Sep 18, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
Verifax said:
katsu044 said:

Ah, makes sense, I forgot that most people were truly enarmored with that scene. ''Sleep, just like my daughter''

My favorite scene was the ending of episode 20. Those three White Whales were one of the greatest middlefinger gestures I've ever seen.
yep that was quite jokes on you middlefinger to the viewer.
Apr 2015
Amongst this outcry for Rem, I thought Otto was somehow endearing to me for a minor character.
And Julius grew on me too of course. His relationship with Subaru is certainly intriguing.
Sep 18, 2016 7:23 PM
Jun 2016
Overall, the anime is simply amazing and also a nice way to end it even though there are a lot of things that needs to be discussed and those that haven't been revealed yet. So hoping for a sequel in the future. 11/10 truly a masterpiece!
Sep 18, 2016 7:25 PM
Aug 2015
AmejiHunter said:
Z4k said:

What important scene was skipped in the final episode?

Wasn't skipped, but they stopped right before it, and it would've been a GREAT ending. Cliffhanger, salt and shitstormey ending.

Skipped scene :

ah.. that made sense then, white fox made the best decision there. if they cliff hanged there, the "non-Reader" will demand other episode. and they have limited screen time, so that is the best ending they could offer.
im a bit curious bout what subaru said in the last minute which is muted, is he asking about Rem ?
i dont mind spoiler, judged from the ending, it wont get second season and im too lazy to read the WN
Sep 18, 2016 7:27 PM

Nov 2015
Takashi Rie can act holy fucking shit
Sep 18, 2016 7:30 PM

Oct 2015
What a great series. It will be lonely without it now :(
Sep 18, 2016 7:31 PM

Oct 2010
Patrasche is the real MVP.

Visit my DA profile here ~~~> http://toushi-kun.deviantart.com
Dec 2009
Best series finale I've watched in a while. 9.5/10 for ep 25 <3<3
Mar 2014
Wow! I was rather surprised this anime actually did end with a "happy ending" I was so sure it will end in some sort of cliff hanger to yet another season, for more weird episode and more torture for poor Subaru :p

...and I must say... Emilia was quite dreamy in the last few minutes of the anime.

Too bad she doesn't exist in real life. :D ... or does she? ;)

Now something bothers me... what about Rem that was in love with Subaru as well?
Sep 18, 2016 7:32 PM

Jul 2016
PukingMachines said:
Takashi Rie can act holy fucking shit

I procurred her making radio or alarm sounds while voicing Emilia. It's quite hilarious. Like in one of these sound files she's going Bi.bib.bi.bi.bi like an annoying alarm, yet it's still adorable. But yea she's done a great job, Inori Minase was spectacular too imo.
Sep 18, 2016 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
No Rem in finale equals insta shit.

No but seriously this was a very good fantasy drama with a lot of interesting twists and turns. Didn't expect this kind of ride. I can only imagine my enjoyment factor would of been even higher if it was binge watched instead of week to week but this show really did feed off the weekly cliffhanger on the resets. Very good show. Would really enjoy seeing the rest of this tale at some point.

In reflection, a few of the real stand out points to this show is not only the twisting narrative but the very strong support cast.
Sep 18, 2016 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
Well that was it. I didn't particularly find the last two episodes satisfying to end this season with. Just an intimate Emi and Sub moment plus killing Betel for the 50th time. Overall the show was fine. I started off disliking the show because of how closely it resembled a standard fantasy novel with a save/load visual novel gimmick. It took around halfway into the series for me to begin to see the show as something promising. I've grown to like the majority of the characters, but they're still uninteresting. 6/10 is my rating for this show.
Sep 18, 2016 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
6/10 overall this anime was good sometimes but bad others and the ending was very disappointing,
Sep 18, 2016 7:45 PM
Jun 2014
Sword Art Online 2 is great. To the one that said it was shit, you suck.
Sep 18, 2016 7:47 PM

Feb 2010
Is no one gonna comment on how the fuck the gospel bounced back into the carriage?
Sep 18, 2016 7:48 PM

Jul 2014
Simple and nice ending, i was HOPING for more, but i think the material isn't sufficient for another season.

But still i enjoy this show more than anything in this series. 10/10
Sep 18, 2016 7:49 PM
Jun 2016
that ending is so emotional that it almost made me cry tbh. pretty sad that rem didnt even have a screen time on the ending. :(
Cant wait for season 2 I hope.
10/10 for this memorable anime :D <3
Sep 18, 2016 7:49 PM

Jan 2014
Just finished watching the last episode. The ending is very enough for me.
Season 2? I don't need it. Really! :))

Love you, Emilia-tan <3 <3
Music speaks to people's hearts. All throughout the world. I believe it's a powerfull language.
Pages (35) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

68 by JP88 »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

723 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

698 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

1093 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

526 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.