Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2015
Sometimes791 said:
BlueSkylark said:
btw. is it even that important to include the last 2-3 Episodes in a review. I mean the ending is for some shows like 91 Days and Alderamin paramount. However most of the stuff can't be included anyway since it would be quite spoiler- heavy.

As for the ending, you don't include the content but evaluate it, how it concludes the series, if it was satisfying, if the way to the end is good and so on. So I have to strongly disagree with you.

If I look at what I wrote myself I maybe stated something wrong.Sry. :D What I meant was you can't include much of the later Episode. I mean of course I think its good when you can state that the Ending was satisfying. However those are mostly 1-2 lines which you can write after the biggest part could already be finished. You can also include it in your verdict of course, but my problem would be sentances like.
" At first the character felt a bit bland, but in the later episodes he had a huge development."

For me this is not something I want to read cause it would imply that there is a certain moment I need to look out for, instead of going in blind. I know something will happen.
Thats why I think its not bad to write about the ending but there isn't that much you can write. ^^'
Sep 15, 2016 1:05 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BlueSkylark said:
btw. is it even that important to include the last 2-3 Episodes in a review. I mean the ending is for some shows like 91 Days and Alderamin paramount. However most of the stuff can't be included anyway since it would be quite spoiler- heavy.
This depends entirely on the show. If it's let's say a mystery anime then it's super reliant on its conclusion, in which case you definitely should wait until the very end. But if it's something like a plotless moe show or an ecchi/harem, you can probably write it a few weeks in advance and it's unlikely anything will change
Sep 16, 2016 7:51 PM

Apr 2013
  • If you spontaneously feel like sharing any review you've written with the rest of the club, then you're always welcome to do so in this thread.
Here's my ReLIFE one, then:

https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=222789

@HaXXspetten
Is ReLIFE included in the end-of-season round? Forgive me if you've already answered this, because I only skimmed the thread.
Sep 16, 2016 11:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Fall said:
Is ReLIFE included in the end-of-season round? Forgive me if you've already answered this, because I only skimmed the thread.
Well sure, just that some people already reviewed it in the mid-season list and won't have to change anything since then if they don't want to so it'll just be re-uploaded for the end-of-season list if so. Doesn't mean you can't do it a bit later though so go ahead
Sep 17, 2016 12:34 AM

Apr 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Fall said:
Well sure, just that some people already reviewed it in the mid-season list and won't have to change anything since then if they don't want to so it'll just be re-uploaded for the end-of-season list if so. Doesn't mean you can't do it a bit later though so go ahead
I originally wrote the review on July 3rd, though I hadn't joined the club until today. I've since edited it extensively, so it's as complete as it's ever going to be at 4,000 or so words.

ReLIFE review here: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=222789

^That's my submission for the end-of-season list, then.
Sep 17, 2016 12:36 AM

Oct 2015
4000 words... holy ganesh

well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 17, 2016 5:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
3567 to be exact... but still how the hell do you manage to get that much for a 1-cour romcom lol

Think the longest I've done was about 2.5 k but that was for Legend of the Galactic Heroes which you could write an essay about if you wanted :s
Sep 17, 2016 6:27 AM

Oct 2015
well ima try to see how much i can get with re:zero which i plan to do with a unique format,

also, haxx, ima give you one of my reviews early ^^, it's not in the review page yet, cause it's incomplete and i dont like to have that annoying incomplete on the review

Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 17, 2016 9:57 AM

Apr 2013
Would you believe me if I said I cut a significant chunk out of it? As in, 353 words?

I cut this bit out of the 'bad drama' section because it alienated viewers who haven't seen the show I make a great deal of comparisons to prove my point:

HaXXspetten said:
but still how the dell do you manage to get that much for a 1-cour romcom lol
I wrote a 2.2k word review for a 2015 SoL film that lasted for an hour and a half here: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=218574

So, there's that.
Sep 17, 2016 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=229219

Is anyone else reviewing Hatsukoi Monster? I doubt it, but here you go.
Sep 18, 2016 4:23 AM

Oct 2015
alright, i got my rem:zero ready to collect the salt from butthurt fans
Sep 18, 2016 5:19 AM

Apr 2015
I may prepare a kono bijutsubu review as well if time allows.
Sep 18, 2016 6:54 AM

Jun 2015
Not sure in what way to submit my reviews all at once or as I write them?

in any case here is my first:
Hatsukoi Monster
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=229294
Sep 18, 2016 6:54 AM

Jun 2015
Burger-Meister said:
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=229219

Is anyone else reviewing Hatsukoi Monster? I doubt it, but here you go.

I am! I just posted mine!
Sep 18, 2016 7:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Chiburo said:
Not sure in what way to submit my reviews all at once or as I write them?
Either post them here or PM them to me when you're done
Sep 18, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
well, im done with my re:zero review, waiting for it to be finished so i can add some last words about the thing
Sep 18, 2016 9:50 PM

Oct 2015
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=229410

here's the re:zero review, if im not here tmr, it means someone has hunted me down
Sep 19, 2016 7:56 AM

Dec 2015
@HaXXspetten
Hello, just a quick question ^^
If I have already sent some reviews in the mid-season, can I resend them? Some of them may be almost the same but, I've changed/added a few things in others.
MelodySep 19, 2016 8:03 AM
Sep 19, 2016 8:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Luxanity said:
@HaXXspetten
If I have already sent some reviews in the mid-season, can I resend them? Some of them may be almost the same but, I've changed/added a few things in others.
That was the plan yes
Sep 19, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Luxanity said:
@HaXXspetten
That was the plan yes

Ok, thank you! :)
Sep 19, 2016 1:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sooo after some debate I've decided that the submission deadline for end-of-season list is going to be by the end of the month, I.E: Friday, September 30th. Again, for those participating, just PM everything to me when you're done, or alternatively post it in this thread (though I'd personally prefer the former, harder to miss that way)

For those who submitted reviews for the mid-season list but that have made updates since then, please send them to me again so I'll have the latest version myself. If you've left a link to the same review on MAL in this thread previously then I can get the updated version manually from there but it's a bit of a hassle for me to do that with everyone so I'd appreciate it if you saved me some effort on that front :>

Just going to tag everyone I've seen show some interest about participating in this thread; hope I didn't miss anyone. But of course, it's still not too late for anyone else to join in last second if you want, there are still about 1.5 weeks left after all~

@Silyon
@Sometimes791
@Mystifire
@LoneWizard
@snapeftw
@meison
@Hibbington
@Forgotten_Memo
@lovelyangel666
@animegirlism
@Luxanity
@oso2301
@FanteHS
@Chiaki__Nanami
@Tanstafl
@BlueSkylark
@Chiburo
@vladkob
@Fall
@Burger-Meister
Sep 19, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
@HaXXspetten

BTW, just a suggestion for an improvement.
I believe you should add a link at the bottom of their review if it is posted so the reader can click the helpful button.
Sep 19, 2016 2:01 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hibbington said:
BTW, just a suggestion for an improvement.
I believe you should add a link at the bottom of their review if it is posted so the reader can click the helpful button.
I already considered that a long time ago actually, decided not to do it last time however. Might be okay this time though since it's for actually finished shows. If someone hasn't actually uploaded their reviews officially to MAL then they might feel a bit unfairly treated if so though but I guess they only have themselves to blame in that case

But yeah maybe, we'll see
Sep 19, 2016 6:20 PM
May 2015
i reviewed orange but as of now i'm gonna wait for it to finish before updating it, as i'll watch the last episode i'll start updating
Sep 21, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
5 Down ~ 7 to go!
Sep 23, 2016 11:35 PM

Oct 2015
onii-chan, we have a problem, next week around 30th sep is when alderamin and 91 days will end, soooo when's the deadline and how we gonna deal with this?
Sep 23, 2016 11:49 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
meison said:
onii-chan, we have a problem, next week around 30th sep is when alderamin and 91 days will end, soooo when's the deadline and how we gonna deal with this?
I'm aware of that. They're the last ones to end, at about 19:30 - 20:30 on Friday CET. But it's not like I'm going to start working on the thread until Saturday sometime anyway so there'll be at least a 12-hour gap in-between (probably a bit more) if people want to write something up for them and send them in (and I doubt most people would write from scratch anyway). Or what, you want an extra day just to accomodate for those?
Sep 24, 2016 12:39 AM

Oct 2015
;-;. show airs at about 3.30am friday night when im asleep, if i rush the finishing touches, i can hand it in by 1pm? or as soon as i get back from lunch, dammm

well jut a heads up, if i didnt send thoe 2 shows, it means i couldnt make it in time :D

right now,
-amaama no inazuma(done)
-masou gakuen(working)
-mob psycho 100(working)
-rewrite
-zetsubou-hen(done)
-tales of zestaria
-d.gray-man hallow
-fate/yuri loli illya(working)
-alderamin
-re:zero(done)
-mirai-hen(working)
-food wars(working)
-91 days
-amanhu!(working)
Sep 24, 2016 12:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well I could put it together on saturday evening instead if you prefer, that'll give you closer to 24 hours
Sep 24, 2016 1:10 AM

Oct 2015
that would be helpful :D

thx >w<
Sep 27, 2016 11:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just going to do a second round of reminders for the submission deadline of the end-of-season review list. I've moved it forward a couple hours in order to give some extra time for people wanting to review the shows which have the last ending dates of the season. So the deadline will now be at 8pm CET on Saturday, October 1st

Again, those who have already sent their stuff in can ignore this message. For the rest of you (who still plan on participating that is), make sure you either post your final reviews in this thread or PM them to me before the deadline (preferably the latter). You've got a little less than 100 hours left~

@Silyon
@Sometimes791
@Mystifire
@LoneWizard
@snapeftw
@meison
@Hibbington
@Forgotten_Memo
@lovelyangel666
@animegirlism
@Luxanity
@oso2301
@FanteHS
@Chiaki__Nanami
@Tanstafl
@BlueSkylark
@Chiburo
@vladkob
@Fall
@Burger-Meister
Sep 27, 2016 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
i'm kill...Im behind in 9 currently airing shows rn...

Tomorrow have a day off and will try to finish Zestiria and Mob at least ;_;
Sep 28, 2016 12:23 AM

Oct 2015
9/15 review already done, ima send the first 9 i did to you ok?
@HaXXspetten

(just a heads up, ill send regardless ^^)
Sep 29, 2016 4:08 AM

Oct 2015
@HaXXspetten

due to reasons, i cant completed the fate/illya and d.gray man hallow review forgive me ;-;
mob psycho 100
Zestaria

so here's my 2nd batch, ill finish 91 days and alderamin by sat morning and ill be done ^^
Sep 29, 2016 4:12 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well I gave up on Kaleid too for various reasons so I can't blame you
Sep 29, 2016 4:16 AM

Oct 2015
cause if we write, we're forced to talk about the obligatory bad animation quality, soundtrack fail and rushedness of ep 11. >.>

and the ep 4 or 5 scene with the ahem >.>
Sep 29, 2016 4:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well no for me it was more like a) it's the 4th season already so it's pointless talking about any premise-related stuff since everyone knows all about that already, and b) Kaleid is being adapted so slowly that one individual season on its own doesn't actually cover very much content so it's hard to really talk about the story, especially whilst avoiding spoilers. So ultimately there's not a whole lot left you can actually write about. I'd just end up with some really short review that barely even feels worthwhile so why bother

I'd rather maybe review the manga as a whole when it finishes one day
Sep 29, 2016 4:42 AM

Oct 2015
meh same, tho im tempted to review the movie all go full fanboy
Oct 20, 2016 2:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay so I updated the OP with some new information regarding the Fall season. Please let me hear your thoughts if there's anything you want to change for the event this time around beyond what I've already mentioned

Just going to quote myself for good measure
Onii-chan said:
Since the Summer Review Event I haphazardly put together turned out to be decently successful and since people seemingly wanted to continue the idea, I've decided to give it another run for Fall 2016 as well.

In case you missed it, the Summer Event basically consisted of an attempt at a combined club effort at reviewing as much as possible of the Summer season together. It ran in two sessions: one mid-season session published alongside the 2nd PRC list, and one end-of-season session alongside the 4th and final list. The former was thus more of a "preview" list based solely on what had been aired thus far, whereas the latter covered the full anime.

However, since we've done it once now it would be nice to hear your thoughts on what possible changes to make this time around. For example, is the mid-season list actually necessary or not? I'm personally not really a fan of reviewing unfinished anime and it's not something I normally do, and I know a lot of people feel the same way. At the same time, removing it would mean this "event" would be kind of eventless for the majority of the season which would be a bit unfortunate. So I would definitely hear what people think about that, as well as any other ideas you may come up with.

One change I am going to make for sure though is that there won't be any need to "sign up" what shows you're reviewing anymore. Just saying that you want to participate is enough so that I know to add you to the list of people to send out reminders to later, but as for what shows you actually plan on reviewing you don't need to announce publically right away.
Oct 20, 2016 6:03 AM

Oct 2015
well, onii-sama :3

i think mid season is really a bit pointless,

other than that, yay for the changes
Oct 28, 2016 12:57 AM

Dec 2013
@HaXXspetten

So what is the final verdict on the Mid-Season Review Thread?
We made the Character Class Weeks 3 and 9 to accommodate the mid-season thread.
You should probably start asking for sign-ups as well since I'm going to put this link under the Club Alliance Banners.
Oct 28, 2016 3:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hibbington said:
So what is the final verdict on the Mid-Season Review Thread?
We made the Character Class Weeks 3 and 9 to accommodate the mid-season thread.
You should probably start asking for sign-ups as well since I'm going to put this link under the Club Alliance Banners.
Well I was hoping some more people would actually share their thoughts on it before I decided on that, but I guess I can just do this to see if it helps:

@Silyon
@Sometimes791
@Mystifire
@LoneWizard
@snapeftw
@meison
@Forgotten_Memo
@lovelyangel666
@animegirlism
@Melody
@oso2301
@FanteHS
@Chiaki__Nanami
@Tanstafl
@BlueSkylark
@Chiburo
@vladkob
@Fall
@Burger-Meister

^ In case you guys missed it, I'd like to hear your opinions regarding what I said in the OP if you plan on participating this season too
Oct 28, 2016 3:57 AM

Oct 2015
i am interested in participating! but i do not to want to do mid season review. i will only review when season is over! :D
Oct 28, 2016 3:58 AM

Oct 2015
your legit just taggin every single name in this thread >.>

but again ill repeat mid season reviews are meh and can be done away with
Oct 28, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2014
One change I am going to make for sure though is that there won't be any need to "sign up" what shows you're reviewing anymore. Just saying that you want to participate is enough so that I know to add you to the list of people to send out reminders to later, but as for what shows you actually plan on reviewing you don't need to announce publically right away.
Good call

Lately i became extra bad with properly finishing seasonal anime...My "CW" list is bigger than ever so i do not trust myself in case i completely fail at keeping up with shows i promised like last season...I will try tho...
Oct 28, 2016 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah I agree that simply signing up without saying what anime you plan to review is for the best. You could end up feeling very different about something as time goes on and not have an interest in reviewing it anymore, or maybe something you didn't sign up to do sticks out later on and you wanna do that one instead.

If you still want to do a mid-season thread, my suggestion would be instead of mid-season reviews, make a more focused version of the Seasonal Discussion thread for people participating in the review event. Everyone can post their own mini-reviews if they like instead of submitting an official review before it's done, as well as get an idea of which anime will be getting a lot of reviews, and which will be getting few to none.
Oct 28, 2016 4:19 AM

Jan 2014
If you still want to do a mid-season thread, my suggestion would be instead of mid-season reviews, make a more focused version of the Seasonal Discussion thread for people participating in the review event.
This...
Oct 28, 2016 4:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mystifire said:
If you still want to do a mid-season thread, my suggestion would be instead of mid-season reviews, make a more focused version of the Seasonal Discussion thread for people participating in the review event. Everyone can post their own mini-reviews if they like instead of submitting an official review before it's done, as well as get an idea of which anime will be getting a lot of reviews, and which will be getting few to none.
Well I didn't submit anything officially until they were done anyway, I just posted them here only for the moment last time. But in any case that sounds reasonable except in that case you might as well just encourage people to use the seasonal discussion thread for that instead if you ask me
Oct 28, 2016 4:44 AM

Apr 2013
I don't have the patience to scrub through this entire thread, so forgive me if I'm re-stating anything.

I'm against mid-season reviews for a few reasons.

Firstly - and I know I'm restating the obvious - it's an incomplete opinion of a series. Depending on the show's structure, the first half of a series can be completely misleading as to the overall nature or quality of the series overall. An anime can start off very well, and it can then take a nosedive so steep that it's best avoided like the plague. By the same token, an an anime can take a while to develop its world, characters and themes and be somewhat boring for it, but the second half could build off of this in an incredibly satisfying way. Ping Pong The Animation comes to mind. The opinions given out by these reviews can be complete misrepresentations depending on how the series progresses afterwards.

Basically, the same old argument.

Secondly, the structure causes some issues that can potentially disrupt the structure of 'mid-season reviews'. Though, it's up to you how significant they really are. Take a series like ReLIFE - all of the episodes aired right at the beginning of the season, and it gets mixed in with all of the other incomplete opinions. It isn't only special cases like ReLIFE, either. If we're allowed to review OVAs, Specials, ONAs and the like, those are also complete reviews listed in the same section. Additionally, I would think that a mid-season review for a 12-episode series is going to be very different for a mid-season review for a 26-episode series because of that structure. Do mid-season reviews have any value for those longer series that are likely still getting into gear?

As I said, it's up to you to decide how significant these issue really are, but I would prefer one clean thread with no potential to cause confusion.

Also, I have a few questions regarding what anime we can actually review for the end-of-season list:

• Can we review OVAs, ONAs and Specials (and Films) that finish in this season? Single-episode OVAs that start and finish in this season are easy enough to think about, but it's worth considering stuff like Magical Suite Prism Nana, which has been airing since 2015 but hasn't gotten an official release yet (though it might this season?). But say for example's sake that an OVA has been airing since 2010, and the last episode is due to air Fall 2016. Would we be able to choose to review that OVA for this end-of-season review thread?
  • Can we review leftovers? This one's pretty straightforward. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer is 'yes', but i'm checking while I'm at it.
  • Can we review hentai?

Oh, and I might do a review for Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku or I'll get into 12-Sai and possibly review the second season this time.

Not sure yet. There aren't a lot of series I'd be interested in reviewing beyond the OVAs and Films.
Oct 28, 2016 5:14 AM

Aug 2015
Have to agree with Fall on the mid-seasons I did not like them that much and only wrote for the end-season reviews.

However I understand that without the mid- seasons the event would be rather small. So I thought of maybe two solutions.

1.) We could set the event in an early stage of the season (3-4 week) and package it like a "first impression"-event. That would serve some purposes, For example many people decide after the 1-3rd Episode if they drop a show or not. That way those people could write a "first impression" of what did not feel satisfying for them. On the other hand those people that dropped shows, could read "First Impressions of others so that they could pick up a other show instead. The important part in this idea would be the recommendations.

2.) One of my biggest problems with writting a review for the mid-seasons was that I would write a lot of stuff in my end-season review anyway like Art/Animation/Soundtrack/Intro/the basic elements of storytelling the show uses/ the character traits and quirks of the main cast and so I would have only made small changes and copied a lot of it.
The mid-season needs to be more diffrent than the end-season and so maybe make it in a more note based format, like only adreesing the show with key points ?

Anyway that are just some ideas. ^^'
I will participate in the end-season again since it was a lot of fun and I wrote my first reviews there. :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM

» [CLOSED] Winter 2024 AOTS Card Edition: BokuYaba Season 2

coziitsu - Apr 9

28 by coziitsu »»
Apr 14, 6:15 AM

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

40 by HaXXspetten »»
Apr 13, 11:16 AM

Sticky: » [Toriyama Class] Power Ranking Committee Winter 2024: Part 4/4 FINALE

KANLen09 - Apr 9

1 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 9, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.