Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tsugumi and her father has some amusing chemistry.

As usual, Tsugumi has an open mind of imagination. The food making process is realistic as usual. I like how Tsugumi is getting more used to using a knife with the help of her friends and family. Also, I'm finding it more interesting that the other supporting characters are appearing more and more together like a group gathering at Tsugumi's home.

Delicious. Tsugumi's little pink outfit is also adorable imo.
Stark700Sep 12, 2016 9:28 AM
Sep 12, 2016 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
Hayami-san's character is asked for crepe menu. It got her heated up. That made the teacher to make one for his little daughter, who never had one and has problem with her friend.

Making crepe. I'm glad her problem's kind of solved after everyone and him saying he only thinks about her. Potato crepe, which is her new menu for the culture festival. Trying best to do what one likes. That fluffy outfit made them made up. Hayami-san's character's witch outfit made me a bit of remind of Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, and lol @ "multiplied Gari Gari-san".

One more ep. left.
tsubasaloverSep 12, 2016 10:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 12, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2010
Kotori's love for food got noticed by the class and it seems the have worked out well for their culture festival.
Tsumugi running in some trouble at school which worked out as well.

Also Kotori in that witch outfit was funny.
Sep 12, 2016 11:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very cute episode, for the most part not focused on cooking, but relationships and friendship.
Sep 12, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2013
Tsumugi looks like cotton candy with a pig hat it's adorable. Was not aware there were that many crepes now I must try them all. Seeing Iida as a witch reminded me of witch craft works for some unknown reason I don't know why.
Sep 12, 2016 11:11 AM

Sep 2015
Noooo one more left
Those kids are just so cute (why 3 garigari tho)

I'll test that recipe one day, it seems good as f
Sep 12, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
Oh no, Tsumugi's having a "quarrel" with her best friend. It even makes her don't want to talk about food anymore.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 12, 2016 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
Classic goodness with a little extra focus on Tsumugi's problem.

Kotori sure does love to think about food, Her face is so full of glee every time she thinks about eating. XD

Our theme this week was crepe's and it was nice seeing the full gang present for it as well. That Shinobu death stare at Yagi XD

I loved the scene where everyone told Tsumugi that Kouhei always thinks of her, Was really sweet. :)
It was also nice to see Kouehi teach and advise Tsumugi about how some things in life will go wrong even if no one was really at fault.

Nice to see Tsumugi make up with her friends, That play though. :3
Kotori in the witch costume was cute. <3

Finale next week, Wonder what kind of episode we'll get. Sad to see the show end. :(
Lelouch0202Sep 12, 2016 11:33 AM
Sep 12, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
The crepe looked delicious!

Nice to see Tsumugi was able to make up with her friends.
Sep 12, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Hooray for an episode slightly less focused on food; certainly makes one hell of a refreshing change, especially with an episode as good as this one. Now, can the final episode end things with a bang next week? Here's hoping.
Sep 12, 2016 1:08 PM

Jan 2015
tsumugi-chan as Mr. Galigali is the cutest thing ever *______* and I know they're still kids and everything, but I still got fired up when Hana-chan called Tsumugi weird >.< so mean!! T.T
But I really like this ep :) how Ida-san managed to get closer to her school mates! and also how the other characters appeared and managed to play significant roles in this story! it was really refreshing! and also, those sweet potato crepes looks delicious!!! :P
"Who are you calling a regular cabaret girl? GET ON YOUR KNEES! I'M THE QUEEN OF KABUKI DISTRICT!"
Sep 12, 2016 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
Tsumugi is upset because her friend wanted to become Yoshiko-chan with her. And Tsumugi wants to be the cotton candy pig. Inuzuka helps make Tsumugi's cotton candy costume and they all become happy again. Lol there were a lot more Galigalis than Inuzuka expected.

And Kotori has made friends thanks to her eating. She likes eating and that comes in handy more than the fact that her mother is a chef who comes on television.
Sep 12, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2016
Flying Witch crossover, anyone? :)

Sep 12, 2016 2:11 PM
Aug 2014
Shinobu protecting the ship Sensei x Iida.
Sep 12, 2016 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
dm106 said:

Is that what she doing? I never thought of them as a potential couple.
Sep 12, 2016 2:54 PM
Aug 2014
Zackhario said:
dm106 said:

She did that before. Some of episodes back, even Yagi said "Again?" in reference to helping Kouhei and Tae (Tsumugi's mom) become a couple.
Sep 12, 2016 3:18 PM
Sep 12, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
A little trouble at school for Tsumugi & her friend. Nothing wrong with wanting to be Mr Galigali.
Nice to see Kotori get involved with her classmates & come up with an idea for the Cultural Festival.

LOL Kouhei talking about food all the time.
Crepe Party. The more the merrier. Love seeing Yagi & Shinobu there.

So great to see that Tsumugi has other older figures in her life to provide advice & help her out.
I didn't think Tsumugi could get any cuter, but that Galgali costume on her was so freaking adorable.
Nice to see she made up with her friend in the end.

Kotori looks adorable in that Witch costume as well.
Final ep next week. Would love to see Kotori's Mum.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 12, 2016 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
I'd love to try those sweet potato crepes! Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods. ^_^
Sep 12, 2016 4:22 PM

Oct 2013
As others have pointed out, the Galigali-san costume was friggin adorable. Great job sensei!

It's nice to see Kotori has made friends in her class. In prior episodes she is always by herself.

She looked cute in the witch costume, but her mortified face! ha ha ha.

I love this show.
Sep 12, 2016 5:40 PM

May 2015
That is one colorful costume, lol. But it was obviously adorable. Not much cooking this time, and it was still great.

Sep 12, 2016 5:44 PM

Jul 2010
Arachnophobic said:

Comfy x Comfy yes pls.
Sep 12, 2016 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
I swear kids fight over the strangest things. Back when I read the manga, I wasn't sure exactly what Hana-chan's problem was with Tsumugi being Galigali instead of the other part. Even now, I'm still confused.

Overall this was a pretty good episode as it finally showed us the interaction between Kotori and her classmates. I thought we were finally going to get a proper introduction to Chiyo, but I guess that will wait till next episode.
Loved that they incorporated Yagi's love for making sweets as an excuse to bring him over to the shop again. It's this organic feel of the show that I appreciate, how they manage to throw tidbits in earlier episodes to use in the current one.

I'm assuming the next one will be the christmas party episode, since they'll want to end the series on a high. I guess the only hope for my carbonara episode would be an OVA or a second season then.. Though the biggest regret will probably be not getting to meet Kouhei's brother or Tsumugi's Grandma. Those two chapters were seriously the best (I always recommend everyone to go read the manga).
L-RyoshiSep 12, 2016 5:50 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 12, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
Zackhario said:
dm106 said:

Yep. It's been subtlety hinted throughout the series that Iida like Kouhei. Even Yagi and Shinobu notice it. Kouhei is to focused on being a father to Tsumugi to catch any of Iida's expressions and mannerism.
I do believe that Shinobi confronted Iida about this in one of early episodes but never came right out and said anything. She knew her boundaries.

There's also a little bit of something going on between Shinobu and Yagi. Not at the same level.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 12, 2016 7:11 PM
Sep 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
I swear kids fight over the strangest things. Back when I read the manga, I wasn't sure exactly what Hana-chan's problem was with Tsumugi being Galigali instead of the other part. Even now, I'm still confused.

She wanted them both to play the same role, I guess. You know, kids tend to be really stubborn at times, so she got mad because Tsumugi decided to be something else. Something that wasn't even supposed to be a role to begin with, to boot.
Sep 12, 2016 7:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
GOD NO NEXT WEEK IS THE LAST EPISODE
;-;
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 12, 2016 8:34 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Cosplay episode! Seriously though, Tsumugi was freakin' adorable in that costume. The costume itself was really cute too.

I find the amount of drama in this show kind of odd.

Ahh, those little girls are so cute. My inner lolicon can't contain himself.

Kotori as a witch was delicious.
Sep 12, 2016 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
sbyrstall said:
Zackhario said:

Yep. It's been subtlety hinted throughout the series that Iida like Kouhei. Even Yagi and Shinobu notice it. Kouhei is to focused on being a father to Tsumugi to catch any of Iida's expressions and mannerism.
I do believe that Shinobi confronted Iida about this in one of early episodes but never came right out and said anything. She knew her boundaries.

There's also a little bit of something going on between Shinobu and Yagi. Not at the same level.

Best part of the episode! Shinobu is a boss Love it! In the previous episode, she said she understand how the cooking was important to Iida she really didn't say the relationship although it was hinted that way. So she told Iida that she didn't want to interfer with the cooking for this reason. So when Yagi was impatient with them doing it wrong he tried to speed along the two newbies by doing it himself he got the evil eye to back off :D lol

Although I did not like the multiple Mr.Gali costumes since it was hand made one of a kind there shouldn't have been two copies on the stage..... Glad that the show did something different, but need more back story on characters, like why is Iida afraid​ of knives
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 12, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2016
There were some lovely small moments throughout this episode - the intensity with which Kotori approaches food and the intensity with which Shinobu was not having any of Yagi's crap today. Got my first profile pic off of this episode!
Sep 12, 2016 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
The whole quarrel with Tsumugi and her friend was silly but I could let it off the hook since they're children. Good episode all and all though.
Sep 12, 2016 9:45 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Let the divine Kotori shows her kawaii side. That witch cosplay was amazing. Kotori's just too adorable to ignore.

Tsumigi's drama was a bit hilarious to see. Children fussing over the simplest of things.
Them crepes look delicious.
So next week is the final episode. Guess it's time to check out the manga, hopefully a new season comes out because the show is just good. It's basically my Monday Night Cup of tea.

Sep 12, 2016 10:07 PM

Apr 2016
dm106 said:

My favorite scene!
That stare at Yagi was hilarious. :v

I also don't think it's to protect the ship but instead to let them learn on their own. But either way is good for me. :D
Sep 12, 2016 10:11 PM

Apr 2016
sbyrstall said:
Zackhario said:

OK. You just made me curious now. I'm gonna add the manga on my TO READ LIST. :v
Sep 12, 2016 10:23 PM

Jan 2012
Tsumugi was definitely the best Mr. Galigali! XD

Sigh...one more left. :(
Sep 12, 2016 10:33 PM

May 2015
It's always nice to see episodes focused on how Tsumugi's getting along with friends at school. I'm glad she got to be Mr. Galigali just like she wanted. I'm sad that this show is ending! I wonder if the finale will be anything special? Maybe Kotori's mom will finally meet Sensei!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 12, 2016 10:38 PM

Jun 2015
Tsugumi looks so cute in that costume!!
Kotori looks great in that witch outfit as well!
Sep 13, 2016 12:05 AM

Sep 2013
Classmate: Can you think of any yummy crepes you want to eat right now?
*Kotori imagines 36 different Crepes*
Kotori: May I have some time to think? *eyes filled with passion*

I adore Kotori.
Arachnophobic said:

I loved Flying Witch! But I instantly thought of Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches considering Kotori and Shiraishi share the same voice actress in Saori Hayama (My favorite VA)

Sep 13, 2016 3:44 AM
Oct 2012
its already late to say this but at first i expected some hardlife from the father who force to raise his only daughter. but it doesnt seem to be the case. this one much more to another cooking based anime. what a disappointment. at least they put cooking-genre in the detail
Sep 13, 2016 4:38 AM

Jun 2012
illiara said:
its already late to say this but at first i expected some hardlife from the father who force to raise his only daughter. but it doesnt seem to be the case. this one much more to another cooking based anime. what a disappointment. at least they put cooking-genre in the detail

Well, they had some moments, like feeling bad for not making Tsumugi new backpack, and yell at her for leaving house alone.
Sep 13, 2016 6:12 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, this is one of the better episode. I guess the show is better when it's less focused about the food, which is quite a pity since I love when Yagi and Shinobu joined in the kitchen.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 13, 2016 6:51 AM
Mar 2015
Great episode, one from the better one's here. Kinda sad to see the next episode the last.
Sep 13, 2016 8:47 AM
Aug 2013
Kouhei is such an awesome dad. He's always trying his best to support Tsugumi, he's doing a good job.

Only one more episode left. ;_;
Sep 13, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
seeing tsumugi smile...makes my day everytime.... knowing only one episode is left makes me a little bit sad
Sep 13, 2016 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
Another adorably sweet and perfect episode!
Only one left
Sep 13, 2016 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
The end is near, this show with his simple proposal was one of the best things in this season, I will miss it.
Sep 13, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2014
TehSnawn said:
Arachnophobic said:

I loved Flying Witch! But I instantly thought of Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches considering Kotori and Shiraishi share the same voice actress in Saori Hayama (My favorite VA)

For a moment I thought I was the only to think about "Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo" :-)
Sep 13, 2016 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
"Put your hand into my fluff!"

There it is people, our quote of the season.

sbyrstall said:

That said, it's more like Shinobu is keeping Yagi from engaging the backup engine on a painfully slow sailing boat. When it comes to cooking at least. She knows those two enjoy the challenge. As a fellow foodie I can only imagine Yagi's frustration though.

Iida is getting (somewhat understandably) more awkward by the minute. First of all by being outclassed by Tsumugi's knife skills, and secondly because of Tsumugi's, for adults rather ambigous, remark about Kouhei needing to talk about girls.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 13, 2016 1:36 PM

Apr 2014
Haven't eaten crepe before...wonder how it taste...might try it when I'm not too busy.
Kotori and Tsugumi's costume is so cute.
Sep 13, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
so they are making crepe this time
Sep 13, 2016 2:20 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A good all round episode

felt sorry when Tsumugi was sad because of that girl but im glad that
they managed to resolve the problem

The making of the crepes though was pretty interesting and looked pretty
tasty

And Kotori had much more spotlight in this episode than ever
when she has food on her mind she can do anything lol

she looked cute when she was dressed as a witch though

And the play at the end was soo cute
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

311 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 20, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

90 by Raizel »»
Mar 5, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

151 by Animeshnik012 »»
Jan 5, 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.