Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2016 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
Here is a collection of promotional videos (PVs), TV ads (CMs), and trailers for the last week. This thread excludes videos that have already been featured in an article. Please check the News Board, under the Preview tag, for articles that feature a promotional video. Last week's PV thread can be found here.

Ajin Part 3: Shougeki | Movie | Trailer
The third Ajin movie is set to premiere on September 23.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai | TV | PV
Demi-chan wa Kataritai is an anime adaptation of Petosu's manga. The series will be produced by studio A-1 Pictures and is slated for Winter 2017. The video introduces the characters.

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou | TV | PV
Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou is the third TV anime adaptation of Haruichi Furudate's manga series and it is scheduled to broadcast on October 8. The video previews the opening song "Hikari Are" by BURNOUT SYNDROMES.

Koe no Katachi | Movie | Trailer | CM
Koe no Katachi is a movie adaptation of Yoshitoki Ooima's manga. The movie will be produced by Kyoto Animation. The full trailer previews the characters, along with the movie's opening theme song "Ai wo Shita no wa" by aiko. Two commercials were also released in addition to the trailer. The movie is scheduled to premiere on September 17.

Kuroko no Basket: Last Game | Movie | Teaser
A teaser video for the movie that adapts the sequel manga of Kuroko no Basket. The movie is expected to premiere in April 2017.

Kuroko no Basket Movie 2: Winter Cup Soushuuhen - Namida no Saki e | Movie | Trailer
Kuroko no Basket Movie 2: Winter Cup Soushuuhen - Namida no Saki e is the second compilation film that recaps the second season of Kuroko no Basket. The trailer previews "The Experience" by OLDCODEX. The movie is slated to premiere on October 8.

Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito | OVA | PV
Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito is a 3-part anime prequel of Kore Yamazaki's manga. The new video previews episode two, which will be bundled with the seventh volume, to be released on March 10, 2017.

Musaigen no Phantom World Special | Special | PV
An unaired episode of Musaigen no Phantom World will be included in the seventh Blu-ray volume of the series, to be released on October 5.

Pop in Q | Movie | Trailer
Pop in Q is an original movie by Toei Animation that is being released to commemorate the studio's 60th anniversary. The new video is a full trailer, which has announced that the movie is scheduled to premiere on December 23.

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume | TV | PV
Kinema Citrus's anime adaptation of web manga Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume will be directed by Yasuhiro Irie (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). The video previews the opening and ending songs, titled "Shakunetsu Switch" and "Bokura no Frontier," respectively. The anime is to begin its broadcast on October 4.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi | TV | CM2
A short commercial for White Fox's original anime Soushin Shoujo Matoi. It previews the anime's opening song "Chou Musubi Amulet" by Mia REGINA. The anime will begin its broadcast on October 4.

Stella no Mahou | TV | CM
A new commercial for the Fall 2016 anime Stella no Mahou.

Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori | TV | CM
Two new commercials for the Fall 2016 anime Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori.

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari | TV | PV2
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari is an anime adaptation by LIDENFILMS based on the manga of the same name, and will be directed by Yoshihide Ibata (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo). The anime is scheduled to broadcast on October 9. The video previews the story.

WWW.Working!! | TV | Character PV
The new videos preview Kisaki Kondou and Sakaki Kenichirou, respectively.

Sakana-sanDec 24, 2016 12:59 PM
Sep 11, 2016 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
So excited for Koe no Katachi movie. KyoAni has done absolute justice to the character designs and the overall feel of the series in the PV. Moreover, voice acting sounds on point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 4:19 PM

Jul 2015
CG-Silver said:
So excited for Koe no Katachi movie. KyoAni has done absolute justice to the character designs and the overall feel of the series in the PV. Moreover, voice acting sounds on point.

I'm also excited but then I remember there will be months of agonized waiting before the bluray is released. I'm finding it hard to cope with waiting to watch Kimi no na Wa already, can I manage the time until Katachi is available or will I snap?
Sep 11, 2016 4:29 PM

Dec 2013
A crazy amount of PVs this week. Haikyuu and Koe no Katachi are the ones I'm most excited for.

Ajin's trailer is the same as before...
Sep 11, 2016 5:13 PM

Jul 2014
Oh I remember trying to read that Demi-chan etc manga once, I think I fell asleep (no really)

Looks like they've taken the edge off the character designs, which is nice, it looked a bit immature back then. Guess I'll give it a try.
Sep 11, 2016 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
BlueBalls said:
I'm also excited but then I remember there will be months of agonized waiting before the bluray is released. I'm finding it hard to cope with waiting to watch Kimi no na Wa already, can I manage the time until Katachi is available or will I snap?

You don't watch Kyoto Animation movies in not HD. I will agonizingly wait for the HD version. No matter what! I am doing the same with Kimi no Na wa. I only watch Shinkai movies in HD.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 11, 2016 5:38 PM

Apr 2015
shanimebib said:
BlueBalls said:

You don't watch Kyoto Animation movies in not HD. I will agonizingly wait for the HD version. No matter what! I am doing the same with Kimi no Na wa. I only watch Shinkai movies in HD.

Yup, gotta agree with that one. As it's said “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” So gotta wait for them ultra HD mouth watering visuals. You can't just risk one of the main attractions of the shows like that.

For now settle it with the extended PV. It got a 94% from audience on that.

CG-SilverSep 11, 2016 5:41 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
Yo that PV basically showcased most of the plot points in Koe no Katachi.

slightly in the spoiler territory also
Sep 11, 2016 6:14 PM

Nov 2011
The previews for Koe no Katachi looks great. Can't wait to see those.

Also quite excited about Haikyu! Season 3.
Sep 11, 2016 6:59 PM

Sep 2013
Koe no Katachi is really beautiful!

I really hope it come to theatre in my country
Because I don't watch this movie (and Kimi no Na wa) in a crappy quality

Or probably just wait patiently until BD Release...
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Sep 11, 2016 7:05 PM
Aug 2015
I'M CRYING VOLLEYBALL TEARS. I'm so excited for my babies to show up again!!!!
Sep 11, 2016 7:05 PM

Apr 2012

I have been waiting for adaptation this manga, but did not know that there would be Subaru-kun: D
RobertBobertSep 11, 2016 7:18 PM
Sep 12, 2016 12:45 AM

Apr 2015
RobertBobert said:

I have been waiting for adaptation this manga, but did not know that there would be Subaru-kun: D

Yeah, I thought I was the only one to think that xD
Sep 12, 2016 1:16 AM

Apr 2012
CG-Silver said:
RobertBobert said:

Yeah, I thought I was the only one to think that xD

Well, the ending of the manga quite well with his transferring into a parallel world :) Is that Ishida be a more calm, at least in high school.
RobertBobertSep 12, 2016 1:21 AM
Sep 12, 2016 2:30 AM
Jul 2018
Hoh. I wonder if HQ s3 will be able to deliver the hype circling all over the PV.

Super excited for Koe no Katachi and Kuroko no Basket: Last Game.

Anything else I'll be checking out: Mahoutsukai no Yome and Udon no Kuni.
Sep 12, 2016 2:54 AM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
BlueBalls said:

Very true, anime is a visual medium after all and both Shinkai and Kyoani are at the forefront of animation and art.
Sep 12, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2015
Red_Tuesday said:
Oh I remember trying to read that Demi-chan etc manga once, I think I fell asleep (no really)

Looks like they've taken the edge off the character designs, which is nice, it looked a bit immature back then. Guess I'll give it a try.

Yeah the manga was rather dull for me as well, I'll wait to see how the anime unfolds.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Sep 12, 2016 4:05 AM

Mar 2015
Noob question: has KyoAni ever treated a subject as heavy as bullying? If so, were they successful?
Sep 12, 2016 4:38 AM

Jan 2015
RedaJaNai said:
Noob question: has KyoAni ever treated a subject as heavy as bullying? If so, were they successful?

I'm very big Kyoani Fan and I haven't seen any subject like this, I think it's their first time adapting something like this.
Sep 12, 2016 5:11 AM

Mar 2015
begija said:
RedaJaNai said:

I'm very big Kyoani Fan and I haven't seen any subject like this, I think it's their first time adapting something like this.

Yeah from what I've seen (which is only a part of KyoAni's works, obviously) many of their series are light-hearted. I hope they won't screw up the atmosphere. Thanks for your answer!
Sep 12, 2016 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
RedaJaNai said:
begija said:

Yeah from what I've seen (which is only a part of KyoAni's works, obviously) many of their series are light-hearted. I hope they won't screw up the atmosphere. Thanks for your answer!

You can rest assure, its director Naoko Yamada is the absolute best in the medium at conveying characters' emotions and maximizing emotional impact.
Sep 12, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
RedaJaNai said:

All of their Key adaptations? Especially Air had some heavy themes, though of course the adaptation wasn't that good and omitted a lot.
Sep 12, 2016 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
So many PVs this week oh boi.
Sep 13, 2016 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
RedaJaNai said:
begija said:

In Kyoukai no Kanata violence more than is necessary for the adaptation of this manga. Their adaptation of Clannad so in general still has one of the highest ratings here. So everything will be fine.
RobertBobertSep 13, 2016 1:56 AM
Sep 13, 2016 2:01 AM

Jul 2012
I'm so hype for Haikyuu!! and Koe no Katachi!
Sep 13, 2016 3:24 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
RedaJaNai said:

In Kyoukai no Kanata violence more than is necessary for the adaptation of this manga. Their adaptation of Clannad so in general still has one of the highest ratings here. So everything will be fine.

Showcasing violence has nothing to do with being able to treat heavy subjects correctly and well MAL ratings... lel. But wait and seeI guess.
Sep 13, 2016 3:38 AM

Apr 2012
RedaJaNai said:
RobertBobert said:

Showcasing violence has nothing to do with being able to treat heavy subjects correctly and well MAL ratings... lel. But wait and seeI guess.

Well, you are asked if they know how to make a drama. Here's a good example .
RobertBobertSep 13, 2016 3:41 AM
Sep 13, 2016 6:21 AM

Mar 2014
Interesting movies.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
44 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 12 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.