Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2016 2:39 AM

Jan 2013
U1111 said:
Rance-sama said:

He was clearly one of the best characters on the alliance side, he's a lot like Oberstein in that regard.

There are many good characters I'm looking forward to seeing again, but among those not commonly mentioned, Hilda and Merkatz.

Way too lazy to look up his exact words, so I'll just C+P this.

Even if his motivation was mostly greed, you can't deny he attempted to setup something within the Empire.
Apr 29, 2016 3:27 AM

Feb 2015
Kircheis for the win.
May 26, 2016 1:18 PM

Jun 2015
Reuenthal, Bucock, Yang, Oberstein, Fredrica and Schenkopp were my absolute favourites.
Other characters that I love? Lohengramm,Dusty, Mecklinger, Muller, Meshango, Bittenfield, Mittermeyer, Truniht (troll king), Fraulein,Cazzelnu and Murai.

Julain was a decent character.

This, JJBA, Monster, 20th cb and Battle Angel alita are one of the few series that has a lot of characters that I like from.
Jun 5, 2016 5:37 AM

Dec 2015
Besides the 2 big main chars (Reinhard and Yang) I loved Reuenthal. Mainly looking forward to their char design and the voice actors. For the old Arslan OVA the voice actor of Narsus was the one that did Oberstein in LotGH. Unfortunately that guy died. Maybe they'll use the one that did Narsus in the newer Arslan TV series for Oberstein in the new LotGH.

Of course also looking forward to see other people. Schenkopp, Merkatz, Poplan for the Alliance and Mittermeyer, Kircheis, Bittenfeld and Oberstein for the Empire. Not that interested in Julian and Dusty.

Of course Phezzan also had some interesting guys. Mainly the "Landesherr" Adrian Rubinsky. Looking forward to see his char design.

Oh and I forgot Mueller.

But mainly Reuenthal and Yang - my top 2. Reinhard (+ Kircheis) more interesting in the Gaidens which I still have to finish. Not watched everything yet.
Jun 15, 2016 1:11 AM
Jan 2015
lotGH is the only anime where I like almost all the cast xD

But I must admit that I prefered the Empire side much more.... Reinhard, Mueller, Reunthal, Mittermeyer, Fraulein , Bittenfield, Kesler .... and all.

I just hope they don't screw up in 2017.
Aug 23, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
Rance-sama said:
U1111 said:

There are many good characters I'm looking forward to seeing again, but among those not commonly mentioned, Hilda and Merkatz.

Way too lazy to look up his exact words, so I'll just C+P this.

Even if his motivation was mostly greed, you can't deny he attempted to setup something within the Empire.

I've generally never trusted anything where Trunicht is involved, so I did not take much stock in what they found in his private papers. In the end it only provided a smear on Julian's plans anyway.
Sep 10, 2016 10:52 AM

Oct 2014
Well, Yang. But really...

On the Empire side Reinhard would've been a footnote if Hilda hadn't schooled his ass on just about everything other than moving fleets around:
    "Her intelligence is worth more than a fleet." -- Mittermeyer

Saved Reinhard's skin at the

In the year U.C. 800, in the Ninth Battle of Iserlohn, Hilda succeeded General Steinmetz to become the Fleet's Chief Advisor, formally capable of representing the Emperor and command on his behalf on the battlefield.

Also, when all the smoke clears at the end:
8oomerSep 10, 2016 10:59 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Sep 14, 2016 3:36 PM

Mar 2016
8oomer said:
Well, Yang. But really...

On the Empire side Reinhard would've been a footnote if Hilda hadn't schooled his ass on just about everything other than moving fleets around:
    "Her intelligence is worth more than a fleet." -- Mittermeyer

Saved Reinhard's skin at the

In the year U.C. 800, in the Ninth Battle of Iserlohn, Hilda succeeded General Steinmetz to become the Fleet's Chief Advisor, formally capable of representing the Emperor and command on his behalf on the battlefield.

Also, when all the smoke clears at the end:

This sums up my opinion of her pretty well.
Sep 19, 2016 6:04 PM
Sep 2016
High Admiral Merkatz. Brilliant tactician and loyal to the Goldenbaum Dynasty till the end.

My other favorite was High Admiral Ovlessor, despite his brief appearance. Savage, brutal in battle, and proud of his status. If only all of the Lippstadt leaders had been more like him.
TheKaiser9Sep 19, 2016 6:19 PM
Oct 1, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
The best charas?

My top four from the LoGH:

Reuenthal. He was proud and manly beyond words! And he had Norio Wakamoto's voice!
Yang. Because of his tea, laziness, outstanding tactical genius and being ordinary.
Hilda. An intelligent and strong woman.
Oberstein. A truly machiavellian personality.

Besdes, I also like Mittermeyer, Mueller, Bittenfeld, Schenkopp, Bucock and Kessler very much.

I stiill hope that several charas will have the same seiyuus as in the original OVA (Reinhard, Reuenthal, Hilda, Frederica, Attenborough etc.).
MaurevalOct 1, 2016 1:35 PM
Oct 28, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
Yang is the smartest and funniest guy, but I hate him a little because how half resoluted he is as a man. Yang admitted that he didn't like his country's bad goverment, yet at the same time he lack effort to do something despite his talent and intellegence. I can understand if he had became a total passive man, did not care at all about dirty politics, but he still did his job as a soldier ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 4, 2018 5:06 AM
Feb 2017
TOP 4
1. Reinhard.......what can I say the most beautiful man in the universe and the most brilliant ruler in the universe.People should feel lucky they have an empiror like him.
2. Kirchies........the frindship between Reinhard is amazing.He is too young to die.....
3.Hilda......I love this woman so much.She is the best
4. Oberstein....... I love him and hate him.He is the most complex character in LOGH
5.Mittermeyer.......he is so kind and honst.If only one can survive in LOGH, I am happy he is the one.

I find charcters from Empire side is far more interesting and impressive the Alliance side.
chia7299Sep 16, 2018 1:11 AM
Nov 7, 2018 1:34 AM
Jun 2014
Obviously Reinhard and Kircheis . Yang is way too vanilla.
Dec 28, 2020 6:44 AM

Jan 2009
#YangGang2020 lol

i only seen 2 episodes so far and he is more down to earth than that elitist Reinhard
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.