Forum Settings
Forums

Predict the next 9+ rated anime on MAL and give reasoning why

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »
Mar 30, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
Diamond wa Kudakenai, please. Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei is going up slowly but steadily as well, but it might never get into the 9s :<
Apr 1, 2016 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
@ColdBreeze @Snappynator
Lol I think you guys have already lost that bet on shingeki season 2 not being rated 9+. http://myanimelist.net/anime/31933/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken__Diamond_wa_Kudakenai jo jo is rated 9+ and the first episode hasn't aired yet, which means its current score is from the ptw list users. Since today it's being release it's already ranked and being rated on mal. Lmao

The same will happen to snk S2 on its air date, since it's currently rated 9+ as well. Lol
Basically any series that is rated 9+ that hasn't air yet, will automatically be rated 9+ on its air date. So much for predictions now. Lol
keragammingApr 1, 2016 7:58 AM
Apr 1, 2016 8:04 AM

Oct 2013
ColdBreeze said:
keragamming said:

Lol I think you guys have already lost that bet. http://myanimelist.net/anime/31933/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken__Diamond_wa_Kudakenai jo jo is rated 9+ and the first episode hasn't aired yet, which means its current score is from the ptw list users. Since today it's being release it's already ranked and being rated on mal. Lmao

The same will happen to snk S2 on its air date, since it's currently rated 9+ as well. Lol

Yeah, I saw JoJo and surprisingly the score is still rising.
SnK S2 is really above 9+? But I don't think it can hold it's score.
Maybe Jojo, but I don't see any chance for SnK.

Yes it's currently rated 9+ http://myanimelist.net/anime/25777/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_2nd_Season/stats but it wont show until the series air date. And compare to jo jo measly 400 voters, snk S2 has over 2k voters.

The thread said predict the next 9+ it's as simple as that. Nothing really to predict anymore tbh lmao
keragammingApr 1, 2016 8:22 AM
Apr 1, 2016 9:00 AM

Oct 2011
I''m guessing the upcoming adaptation of Orange will somehow break into the 9+ rating. The manga managed to attain 9+ rating before and besides, it involves romance + time travel which people will hype about.
Apr 1, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
@ColdBreeze @Snappynator
Lol I think you guys have already lost that bet on shingeki season 2 not being rated 9+. http://myanimelist.net/anime/31933/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken__Diamond_wa_Kudakenai jo jo is rated 9+ and the first episode hasn't aired yet, which means its current score is from the ptw list users. Since today it's being release it's already ranked and being rated on mal. Lmao

Basically any series that is rated 9+ that hasn't air yet, will automatically be rated 9+ on its air date. So much for predictions now. Lol

I thought people weren't allowed to rate shows that haven't aired yet.
Apr 1, 2016 9:23 AM

Feb 2011
If I had to guess I'd say re:zero will have the highest rating this season, doubt it will break 9 though and if it does it won't stay there
in summer mob psycho 100 will prob end up a very high 8
the only thing guaranteed to stay a 9 is S;G 0
Apr 1, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2014
keragamming said:
@ColdBreeze @Snappynator

Well I mean there are quite a lot of hyped shows that would have 9+ ratings because of people immediately giving it a 9-10 score before they even aired, so idk whether I would count them until maybe it has aired and a few hrs since then has passed by.
Apr 1, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
keragamming said:
@ColdBreeze @Snappynator

I thought people weren't allowed to rate shows that haven't aired yet.

Who told you that? All they did was prevent those unaired series from being ranked until the day they should officially aired, they also don't show the current ratings of those series. Today is when jojo first episode will air, so they free the series from those limits on that said day even before the actual episode is aired.

Snappynator said:
keragamming said:
@ColdBreeze @Snappynator

Well I mean there are quite a lot of hyped shows that would have 9+ ratings because of people immediately giving it a 9-10 score before they even aired, so idk whether I would count them until maybe it has aired and a few hrs since then has passed by.

Oh, I see what you're saying. So the series has to maintain the 9+ ratings a few hrs after the first episode airs? Lol, that doesn't sound like a hard task tbh. Ok, we will work with that.
Jul 5, 2016 12:34 AM

Sep 2013
after watching the first episode of Orange which have the same director as S;G..I can safely say it has a good chance to be the next +9 anime..
Jul 5, 2016 1:28 AM

Oct 2013
malki said:
after watching the first episode of Orange which have the same director as S;G..I can safely say it has a good chance to be the next +9 anime..

The manga is also rsted 8.80. Very impressive.
Jul 5, 2016 1:43 AM
Jun 2010
"Kimi no Na wa" is a strong contender to be up there in my opinion. It's probably the director's best movie yet.
Jul 5, 2016 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
BRB-kun said:
Totally going to Koe no Katachi.
I doubt Kimi no na wa will reach 9.
Though imo, Re:zero has the potential too.

Maybe, but people are already scared abt how much stuff they will cut for the movie so can't be sure. However since it won't get much votes since subs won't be available till next year, it has a fair chance.
Same with kimi no niwa, hype for shinkai visuals can boost it even without subs lol.
Re zero has the best chance, can't see any another new shows getting 9+. D gray man hallow maybe but some people are disappointed with VAs and sns is rushing it.
Jul 6, 2016 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
Money on Orange for this season. The manga's got a high note already so I'm guessing a good adaptation could get the work done.
Jul 6, 2016 11:01 PM

Nov 2015
kamisama751 said:
Attack on trainwreck for sure 'cause it is the anime community.

nope. So wrong.

I think it won't be until SnK S2.
Since Berserk 2016 tanked I'm pretty sure 2016 will end up the worst year of this decade.
Jul 6, 2016 11:04 PM

Sep 2009
Not in this season, or the next. Because there doesn't appear to be anything new.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 6, 2016 11:21 PM

May 2015
Mob Psycho 100 might have a chance. Studio bones will most likely provide outstanding animation especially the fighting scenes (Yutaka Nakamura will probably work on it). Also it is hyped up thanks to the western success of One Punch Man. The difference is that this one might actually have a plot and more variety compared to One Pun Man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2016
kamisama751 said:
Steins;Gate 0 because Steins;Gate is super successful.

And awesome! From what I heard Steins Gate 0 is just as good as the original
Jul 7, 2016 12:32 AM

Aug 2015
Major123 said:
If Berserk gets another adaptation and its really good, I can see that getting around 9.

oh boy you guessed it wrong you guessed it really really wrong
Jul 7, 2016 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
I doubt anything will reach 9+this year... Maybe Haikyuu 3 has a chance,because of sequel boost. But yeah, 2016 really didn't turn out to be that super legendary year we were hoping for. (especially considering how weak fall season looks,at least in my opinion.)
Jul 7, 2016 5:14 AM

Jan 2013
ultravigo said:
Major123 said:
If Berserk gets another adaptation and its really good, I can see that getting around 9.

oh boy you guessed it wrong you guessed it really really wrong
I only said if it was really good which it doesn't seem to be. Going full CG was one of the worst choices to represent the manga's fantastic art style.
Jul 7, 2016 5:26 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
For awhile while it was airing, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi was above the 9.0 rating. It probably could've kept up there had they not screw up the ending.
It may be awhile til we actually see an anime worthy of acquiring even a high 8 rating again. But Steins;Gate 0 would be a favourite to look out for.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Jul 10, 2016 2:46 AM

Jun 2015
Lmao, looks like Kimi no Na wa is the new 9+ anime. Tfw a preview is rated better than 99% of all anime.
Jul 10, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2010
Honestly, maybe not in the 9s, but I can see Koe no Katachi possibly cracking the top 15 at least. It's a drama/romance film, based on a very well-received manga, dealing with complex issues that will likely pull at people's heartstrings, and is being animated by KyoAni. It seems almost made to be highly rated.
Jul 10, 2016 4:53 AM

Feb 2016
That Fate/Stay movie coming out has a pretty good chance to be a 9+. The track record of Ufotable is pretty good and the fanbase is pretty big.
Jul 10, 2016 6:11 AM

Sep 2013
BRB-kun said:
Lmao, looks like Kimi no Na wa is the new 9+ anime. Tfw a preview is rated better than 99% of all anime.

People who rated the anime are the ones who watched it in some convention (or should be, I think).

OT: I think there are good chances next season of my <3 Haikyuu boys get to the 9s.

Don't think the other series gonna make it. For instance, Orange will probably be another 8.8 or 8.9 (ew, but okay). Also, we (might?) have Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu next year, right? If they don't fuck up can easily be in the 9s.
Jul 10, 2016 6:17 AM

May 2009
I can't take the anime ratings on MAL serious if animes like Dead Leaves, Bokurano and Lain have underneath the 8.
Sep 9, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
Kimi no Na wa jumped from 8.7x to 9.23 right now :O
Sep 9, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2016
K-On!! will become the top ranked anime on MAL. It will be soon, when K-On!!'s genuineness is recognized

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Sep 9, 2016 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
Vileblood_Hunter said:
Damn. I thought this was legit a troll postbut what you said is legit.. I've been out of the anime loop for a bit and haven't seen anything on this site. Must be pretty damn good.
Sep 9, 2016 10:45 AM

Feb 2016
Re zero can if they do a perfect ending, according to LN readers if the bext episodes are done right it will definitely increase the rating.

Sep 9, 2016 10:58 AM

Aug 2015
Enishi- said:
Vileblood_Hunter said:
Damn. I thought this was legit a troll postbut what you said is legit.. I've been out of the anime loop for a bit and haven't seen anything on this site. Must be pretty damn good.

On the next score recalculation it will probably take #1. No other anime on this site has 60% (and growing) of its scores as 10s. This will probably lower over time but I think a spot in the top 20 (if not the top 10) is pretty much guaranteed. With a sample size of 2300 ratings, and a margin of error (or confidence interval of 2.7) there is a 99% confidence level that the current number of scores is a statistically representative sample size of the MAL population.
Sep 9, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
TheKillerAngel said:
Enishi- said:

On the next score recalculation it will probably take #1. No other anime on this site has 60% (and growing) of its scores as 10s. This will probably lower over time but I think a spot in the top 20 (if not the top 10) is pretty much guaranteed. With a sample size of 2300 ratings, and a margin of error (or confidence interval of 2.7) there is a 99% confidence level that the current number of scores is a statistically representative sample size of the MAL population.

I remember something similar happened with Boku Dake this winter. Four episodes in and it shot up to #5 all time. MAL cannot even handle Kimi's spot. 9.23 yet it's ranked 6th. I'd be surprised if your prediction was wrong - including the rating waning over time.

Edit: Just shot up to 9.3/10.
Sep 9, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2015
Sample size has shot up to 3000. This will be interesting to analyze. Most people were predicting that its initial rating would dip after AX. I wasn't expecting it to decrease much, but this sort of response is unexpected though perhaps not as unsurprising as it should be (given its enormously favorable response in Japan).

I think the most important metric to watch will be the score distribution and at which point it starts to stabilize. Right now things like troll votes are still exhibiting some sort of effect on the score (the number of 1s is .9% of the total, which is a 3-5x as high as top-rated titles like Steins;Gate, Clannad:AS, HxH, or FMA:B.
TheKillerAngelSep 9, 2016 11:29 AM
Sep 9, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2016
9.30!!
Bloody hell! Can't wait till the ranking to update.
Sep 9, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2009
I'd bet on the newest Haikyuu!!
Ratings tend to go up with sequels unless quality goes down.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 9, 2016 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Yourlolm said:
Re zero can if they do a perfect ending, according to LN readers if the bext episodes are done right it will definitely increase the rating.

Actually quite the opposite will happen after the salty last episode airs lol.

Anyway kimi no ni wa 480p hardsubs is really tempting me now.
Sep 9, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2015
Near_21 said:
Yourlolm said:

I don't recommend it; I think it does a disservice to the film. But it's ultimately your choice.
Sep 9, 2016 12:01 PM

Aug 2015
lol some users are just making MAL ID to give kimi no wa 10.
for example https://myanimelist.net/profile/Hieq
Sep 9, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
Wasn't RE:ZERO rated over 9 few days back?
Sep 9, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
RoyTF said:

NO!!

Max 8.78, now it is 8.75..........
Sep 9, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
Mustakurmu said:
RoyTF said:

NO!!

Max 8.78, now it is 8.75..........

oh really?? i thought at one point it was 9.01.I maybe wrong though.
Sep 9, 2016 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
TheKillerAngel said:
Sample size has shot up to 3000. This will be interesting to analyze. Most people were predicting that its initial rating would dip after AX. I wasn't expecting it to decrease much, but this sort of response is unexpected though perhaps not as unsurprising as it should be (given its enormously favorable response in Japan).

I think the most important metric to watch will be the score distribution and at which point it starts to stabilize. Right now things like troll votes are still exhibiting some sort of effect on the score (the number of 1s is .9% of the total, which is a 3-5x as high as top-rated titles like Steins;Gate, Clannad:AS, HxH, or FMA:B.
Correct. In a couple of years when that sample size is great enough to generate a more appropriate rating( at least by MAL's usual user base, IE trolls/multiple accounts, several seasons being categorized as different anime like GINTAMA... ect.) , I don't see it staying over 9.1-9.15. I highly doubt anything topple FMAB's spot for an extended period of time anytime soon. But we'll see.
Sep 9, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
TheKillerAngel said:
Near_21 said:

I don't recommend it; I think it does a disservice to the film. But it's ultimately your choice.

Lmao actually I was downloading the movie in the afternoon, but it crashed when 100 MB or so was left. I think I will pass, shinkai movie in low quality is not satisfying. But the wait for 6 months. :<
Sep 9, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
@keragamming Here is a picture for KnK if you wanted it :P

Sep 9, 2016 12:10 PM

Feb 2013
^holy shit pickles the world was so different before fmab
Sep 9, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2015
Goku said:
@keragamming Here is a picture for KnK if you wanted it :P

How old is that list? I never realized Trust and Betrayal was ranked so high at one point.
Sep 9, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2015
Enishi- said:
TheKillerAngel said:

Correct. In a couple of years when that sample size is great enough to generate a more appropriate rating( at least by MAL's usual user base, IE trolls/multiple accounts, several seasons being categorized as different anime like GINTAMA... ect.) , I don't see it staying over 9.1-9.15. I highly doubt anything topple FMAB's spot for an extended period of time anytime soon. But we'll see.

It's the first animated film to enter competition for best film at the London Film Festival, and I think most serious critics would at least consider it a more relevant artistic work to the field of animation than the Gintama movie, which is currently sitting at a 9.11.
Sep 9, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
@Enishi- feb 2009 so almost 8 years by now
Sep 9, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
TheKillerAngel said:
Enishi- said:

It's the first animated film to enter competition for best film at the London Film Festival, and I think most serious critics would at least consider it a more relevant artistic work to the field of animation than the Gintama movie, which is currently sitting at a 9.11.
Interesting. I guess I have no choice but to watch this thing today to see what I've been missing out on.
Sep 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Apr 2016
The only thing that amazes me is the ratings of "Gintama" it's ridiculously high and I've hardly seen anyone giving less than perfect score for things related to that franchise.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 37 minutes ago

6 by Archean-Return »»
3 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

29 by AngelWithGunz »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

9 by Dumb »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

160 by Saiunknown »»
25 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

35 by SignsOfSuicide »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.