Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was interesting, with Shinobu making an appearance again.

I like how realistic they went about making the food dish. Tsugumi looked anxious when they were cutting that fish especially the head. The family background storytelling is interesting too, Tsugumi looked so cute when she was little too!
Sep 5, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
A summer out to the beach, but the girl feeling down from the heat.

Highschool girls doing homeworks without AC. The father and daughter visited them with the horse mackerels. lol @ cat talk. First timers cutting the fishes. Horse mackerel hamburger? Not sure if the girl is being afraid seeing it dissected with those huge eyes or excited.

Hayami-san's character wanting to eat horse mackerel sashimi so bad. lol @ the teacher's face in the memory when touching the girl. Even though I'm not sure what she meant by how awesome the fish became that got her excited. That made everyone excited. Teacher's friend joined up later. Then everyone enjoying together.

Fish bone senbei by the teacher's friend, and talk about he is been interested in studying sweet and used teacher as the target of experiment.
tsubasaloverSep 5, 2016 9:33 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2010
The beach episode without any fan service for ones, which is refreshing.
Well preparing the fish was nice and they had a nice dinner because of it
Sep 5, 2016 11:09 AM

Sep 2015
Tsumugi with less hair is cuter imo
I wonder why she was in a bad mood at the beginning
Sep 5, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
For some reason I thought Tsumugi was going to feel bad for the fishes, having their heads lopped off like that.
I need sleep.
Sep 5, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
It's a Beach episode. A new episode taking "place" beside home, Tsumugi's school, Kotori's house. But it's TOO BAD they're just come for a VERY short time because Tsumugi is a kitty and kitty doesn't like water, right? LOL And now the kitty Tsumugi is eating what cats love, with smile and happiness. :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 5, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2012
Bit of a low key episode but still nice. Seeing baby Tsumugi was heartwarming, but then this show excels at that. XD
Sep 5, 2016 11:37 AM
Sep 2013
does any of you know if this anime series is popular in Japan?

anyway.. super sweet epi! felt like 10min
Sep 5, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, Was cool to see Shinobu and Yagi again.

Seems Tsumugi was a little gloomy in the beginning, Possibly cause of the previous episode's events?

The way Kotori's face lights up when she hears from Kouhei about cooking and food is so cute.
The cat conversation between Shinobu and Tsumugi was also really cute.

The fish preparation was actually a little gross. Those organs especially, I'm surprised Tsumugi was able to sit through it.
Tsumugi learnt the greatness of the Food chain XD Amazing how the small fish traveled into the belly. XD
Was really nice to see Baby Tsumugi. :)

Was heartwarming to see everyone enjoy the feast at the end.
Lelouch0202Sep 5, 2016 11:44 AM
Sep 5, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Very formulaic episode for this series, but as ever that's not necessarily a bad thing. Would've been nice to use a different setting for more than 30 seconds for once, but oh well. This was fine too.

With two episodes left, I'm hoping at least one of them strays away from the well-established formula and mixes things up to end this on a high.
Sep 5, 2016 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Those fish cuisines looked delicious!
Sep 5, 2016 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
So Tsumugi was upset for some reason and was calling herself a cat. Disappointing that they didn't tell the reason behind her sadness. It could very well be related to her mother. Probably something that they came to the beach for the first time without her mother or because they planned on coming to the beach with her but couldn't.

And they cook fish. Tsumugi experiences the entire process of a full fish becoming food. Previously she only saw the steps after the meat was in pieces ready for cooking. Here she saw Inuzuka cut off the fish's head, remove it's scales, remove it's internal organs too. And it was pretty gruesome for a little kid like her but she still saw it all. And I think I saw Tsumugi using chopsticks for the first time here. Previously she only had her plastic fork or spoon. Now she has chopsticks.
Sep 5, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2015
I don't really like fish, but now I want some... (*¬*)
Glad to see that Tsumugi started to feel better after a while. She is probably coming to terms a little with how life sort of works regarding life and death seeing as to how she expected her mom to be back last episode ; ^ ;
Sep 5, 2016 1:58 PM

May 2015
Delicious fish in today's episode. It was really nice to see them all eating together again.

Sep 5, 2016 2:39 PM

May 2008
lonelytree said:
For some reason I thought Tsumugi was going to feel bad for the fishes, having their heads lopped off like that.

Well, she was a cat in this episode, so there's that :)
Sep 5, 2016 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
Tsumugi & Shinobu adorable as kitty cats.
Love how Kotori is so happy & energetic about the fish.

Really like how they showed the preparation & filleting of the fish. Nice job Kouhei.
Yagi arriving just in time for food.
Another delicious dish.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 5, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
Kotori is really trying to make herself apart of the family, lol

Sep 5, 2016 4:28 PM

Jul 2012
That was quite a short beach scene. Good episode like usual. Don't really have anything else to say though.
Sep 5, 2016 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
Kotori <33

Another great and hilarious episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 5, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
Welp, after the feels fest of last episode, they scared us with half an episode of Tsumugi looking and acting down. I'm actually pretty positive that that was more about her thinking of her mom, and the "I'm a neko" act was just a cover up. Kids are like that sometimes, and only they can pull it off because adults actually take what they say at face value all the time.

The post-beach scenes were great actually. I loved how Shinobu just happened to be at Kotori's place, indicating that they do get together to do normal stuff at home sometimes at least.

The cooking process was also very informative. I'm happy they used the interwebs for instructional videos, since it made things all the more real. The entire de-boning process was mesmerizing actually. Made me want to go buy a fish and try for myself (can't, I hate guts...).

Yagi showing up at the end to make those senbei was fine and all, but Tsumugi eating them all brings me to what I think the next episode is gonna be... Tsumugi needing to diet XD

Kouhei my boy, that is most definitely NOT how you rock a baby... XDDDDD
L-RyoshiSep 5, 2016 5:51 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 5, 2016 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
I appreciate that when Yagi spit out his beer it didn't magically vanish; he had to clean it up.
Sep 5, 2016 7:52 PM

May 2010
Just so everyone know

1. The procedure to gut a fish isn't the same for all fishes.

2. You can't eat raw fish unless it is 1000% fresh or sushi-graded (meaning freezed) or you can get food poisoning.

Also you don't really want to use your hands to clean a fish, use toothpicks or a fork when the innards are removed.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 5, 2016 8:11 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I wouldn't really consider this episode a beach episode as most of the episode took place at Kotori's crib.

Kotori looked cute when she suddenly hopped to check her text message. She's really falling for Kouhei.
Tsumugi's expression when the fish head popped into the bucket lol.
Overall it was a nice episode. Everyone had their time to shine.

Raw fish will always be my dislike. I got told you should never eat raw meats, poultry or fish as you can get sick.

Sep 5, 2016 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
Confucius said:
Just so everyone know

1. The procedure to gut a fish isn't the same for all fishes.

2. You can't eat raw fish unless it is 1000% fresh or sushi-graded (meaning freezed) or you can get food poisoning.

Also you don't really want to use your hands to clean a fish, use toothpicks or a fork when the innards are removed.

I always used my hands...might be why I couldn't get rid of the smell.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
Sep 5, 2016 10:57 PM

Sep 2013
Kotori was super adorable in this. That little hop she did when she got that text was cute.

Got to see baby Tsugumi and she's quite cute but I loved seeing the mom absolutely knackered after giving birth while Kouhei tried to rock her. That made me laugh more than I thought I would.

Sep 5, 2016 11:12 PM

Jun 2013
Really good and sweet episode!
Sep 5, 2016 11:56 PM

Feb 2014
One of the few times I actually wanted to see a beach episode, instead of yet another formulaic episode with them stuck in the kitchen. Still, it was an enjoyable episode nonetheless.

I always thought filleting fish resulted in the wastage of a lot of the meat around the backbone, so it was nice to see a dish that made use of that part of a fish.

And sensei comparing Tsumugi's birth and growth to filleting a fish was a bit weird.
Sep 6, 2016 12:07 AM

Jul 2016
oooh, it's an episode about fish, I love fish!
btw, gloomy Tsumugi quite made me worried, and they didn't tell us the reason why she is feeling down.
Sep 6, 2016 6:23 AM

Jan 2011
That's the face of someone on painkillers.
Sep 6, 2016 6:34 AM

Nov 2012
Tsumugi doesn't seem as energetic in the beginning, probably because of the heat? Having such a long hair in a hot day doesn't seem comfortable.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 6, 2016 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
they went to the beach awesome!
Sep 6, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
tsumugi cuteness overload..... Ahh this show always brings smile to my face
Sep 6, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2014
This week food is fish, huh.
Not a fan of fish dish, but I do like tuna fish.
Kotori...looking like a bride by the mins.
Sep 6, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2009
I loved Tsumugi's expression when she fish's head being cut off. xD Then again, I found the whole process to be kinda gross. ^^'
Sep 6, 2016 3:15 PM
Aug 2015
that before credits scene makes me thinks gay daddies is still possible..

lmao I won't doubt it since the mangaka making the original series does BL..
stronyySep 6, 2016 3:20 PM
Sep 6, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2012
Hanane said:

Saaaaame. Maybe Yagi had a thing for Inuzuka instead of his wife
Sep 6, 2016 5:06 PM

Oct 2011
I can't handle all this cuteness... I love this show so much and I'll miss it.
Sep 6, 2016 9:52 PM

Jul 2016
Don't start with the BL, this is pure bro's relation. Go to fundanshi Koukosei for the other stuff.

Thanks to this I now have interest in trying raw fish.

I support KotorixSensei ship until the end. Let's keep it up... the glances from Kotori say it all.
Sep 7, 2016 3:49 PM
Dec 2009
Didn't check around the bike, didn't check the kickstand, bumped into something, OVER. Seemed like a pretty realistic depiction of how strict tests for licenses are, haha.
Sep 8, 2016 7:02 PM

May 2015
Fish this time! It looked very yummy and Kotori getting so excited was funny. It was also cool seeing them learn how to prepare it using the internet as supposed to Kotori's mom's instructions. Speaking of Kotori's mom, I really wonder if she and Sensei will ever actually meet each other. I mean, there's only 2 episodes left!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 9, 2016 4:50 AM

May 2015
Ehhh.. and I was exp. to see Kotori in swimsuit ;(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 9, 2016 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
This has got to be the most frustrating cooking show ever. I know it's supposed to be slice-of-life and I see those elements peppered throughout the series and in each episode to a certain degree but I see lots of attempts of this show being cooking-based and Kotori's aichmophobia is not moe at all.

I'm surprised Tsumugi liked sashimi. Most of my younger nephews and nieces and including myself hated it at her age. They spit out any hwae (회) that we give to them. Even until now, I don't like all raw fish or seafood. I absolutely hate sea pineapple.
臭い-
Sep 10, 2016 6:57 AM

Apr 2015
Kinda boring episode for me tbh.
Sep 10, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2015
Yea the episode was decent it seems this series is taking a step back and getting worse. The cute factor has faded and there is not much left holding it together. The process of cooking a fish was interesting at least.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 10, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2013
Nice ep with an expectation of fan-service at the beach, but no Kotori or Shinobu in a swimsuit. Filleting a fish was a bit unpleasant to see but they managed to make it into delicious food.
Sep 10, 2016 12:39 PM
Mar 2015
Cool episode, but kinda small ending I think, just my opinion. Still, love it!
Sep 13, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2015
Tsumugi looked really interested, but not all to happy with how the fish is prepared, but she appeared to be getting happier as the process continued. I was quite happy with the results. Good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 14, 2016 12:47 PM

Jul 2009
Tsumugi was not happy during the beach visit, but she got so interested seeing how the fish was prepared.
Sep 16, 2016 2:29 AM

Dec 2007
Shokugeki said:
Hanane said:

Saaaaame. Maybe Yagi had a thing for Inuzuka instead of his wife

That's what I was thinking as well.
Sep 19, 2016 4:25 AM

Nov 2011
I think this episode is one of the best, regarding the management of the characters during the narration, in doing so has been more interest in the story, although there are not many steps forward with the story. The culinary part is really invasive this time, but thanks to the interplay of all the characters, it was not annoying, since even this time it was also an opportunity to learn more about Tsugumi and Inuzuka. But I want more space for Kotori, really!
The fact that it has given a face to the mother of Tsugumi, increases in me the desire to see her more often, as happened in this episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

311 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 20, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

90 by Raizel »»
Mar 5, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

117 by Raizel »»
Feb 23, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

151 by Raizel »»
Feb 15, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

151 by Animeshnik012 »»
Jan 5, 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.