Forum Settings
Forums

Cast and Staff Members for 'Shuumatsu no Izetta' Announced

New
Sep 2, 2016 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
The official website for Fall 2016 anime Shuumatsu no Izetta has announced the cast and staff members with new PV. The anime will start on October 1, 2016 11:00 p.m. on AT-X, followed by Tokyo MX, Sun TV, and BS11.

Cast
Izetta: Himika Akaneya (PriPara)
Fine: Saori Hayami (Amaama to Inazuma)
Bianca: Aya Uchida (Love Live! School Idol Project)
Lotte: Nao Touyama (Bakuon!!)
Ervira: Kana Hanazawa (Orange)
Sieg: Hiroki Takahashi (Hetalia Axis Powers)
Hans: KENN (Scared Rider Xechs)
Belkman: Junichi Suwabe (Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen)
Ricelt: Natsuki Hanae (D.Gray-man Hallow)
Basler: Yoshimasa Hosoya (Handa-kun)
Herrmann: Ryotaro Okiayu (Toriko)
Tobias: Junji Majima (Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin)
Görz: Kouji Yusa (Mob Psycho 100)
Elliot: Daisuke Hirakawa (Free!)
Rudolph: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Crayon Shin-chan)
Otto: Kouichi Yamadera (Dragon Ball Super)

Staff
Director: Masaya Fujimori (Fairy Tail Movie 1: Houou no Miko)
Series Composition, Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus)
Original Character Design: BUNBUN (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
Character Design, General Illustration Director: Yuu Yamashita Sword Art Online II)
Military Direction: Gekkan PANZER, Takashi Izumi, Yuusuke Tsuge
CG Studio: Orange
Art: GREEN
Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki (Akatsuki no Yona)
Music: Michiru
Music Studio: Flying DOG
Studio: Ajia-Do
Production: Shuumatsu no Izetta Production Committee

Opening theme song: "cross the line" by AKINO with bless4
Ending theme song: "Hikari Aru Basho e" by May'n

PV

Source: Ota☆Suke
Sakana-sanOct 25, 2016 12:26 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 2, 2016 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
HanaKana and Yusa Kouji ❤
Looking forward to it
Sep 2, 2016 6:03 AM
Apr 2013
The red hair girl just has to spoil it huh? With her magical powers mumbo jumbo. And here I was hoping an anime about quasi Nazi Germany invading Poland or just WWII in general. GG.
Sep 2, 2016 6:10 AM

May 2014
@tsubasalover *1 October, also staff has been announced: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-02/shumatsu-no-izetta-anime-4th-promo-video-reveals-staff-cast/.106034

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PV looks and sounds great. Plus the Magi/Sound of the Sky script-writer/series composition is in charge of series composition and scripts, makes up for the lacklustre director at least.
Sep 2, 2016 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
An anime ambiented in WWII, with that cast?! A must watch. Wonder if this will have yuri...
Sep 2, 2016 6:20 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
EDITED because its pretty much useless now that Tsubasa added it in the topic

Man Ajia-do... thats a studio i've never thought i'd see here again and forgot it existed.
Also its interesting to see that there's actually credits for military directions.

I'm pretty excited for this but this could go pretty bad tho.

It's pretty rare that it ends up being good when they are late about the cast and staff. >_>
DatRandomDudeSep 2, 2016 6:41 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 2, 2016 6:34 AM

Nov 2007
@Dylan21 and DatRandomDude: I've updated the post with the staff list (actually, I was in the process of adding the list while DatRandomDude posted it). Thank you.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 2, 2016 6:55 AM

Sep 2012
Woo boy, that cast lineup is stacked AF
Sep 2, 2016 6:56 AM
May 2015
A setting that takes place in WW2 but with a twist of magic huh? What caught my eye is they've even hired people for Military Direction. Based on the PV, they really researched about the Nazi military and as a military enthusiast, this anime is like an early fucking Christmas gift for me xD

That PV though....Holy shit, am I fucking excited for this anime. I just saw the German army with their Panzer IV tanks and those Bf.109 warplanes. Also, two cute witch girls. Yuri?!

Oh my god, my expectations are so damn high right now but I gotta be cautious because I've never even heard of the studio before.
jc9622Sep 2, 2016 8:33 AM

Sep 2, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2012
Illyricus said:
An anime ambiented in WWII, with that cast?! A must watch. Wonder if this will have yuri...

Yuri in World War II and Saori Hayami in one of the main roles? Hot mix
RobertBobertSep 2, 2016 7:48 AM
Sep 2, 2016 7:51 AM

Mar 2016
Nao Touyama
Junichi Suwabe
Natsuki Hanae
Toshiyuki Morikawa
Kouichi Yamadera
gud gud gud

Aya Uchida
Kana Hanazawa
Yoshimasa Hosoya
even better

Saori Hayami

................. I'm in
No seriously.
Sep 2, 2016 7:56 AM

Jul 2013
RobertBobert said:
Illyricus said:

I don't know, amte. The key visual looks very suspicious...
Sep 2, 2016 8:04 AM

Aug 2012
So it's set in Vorarlberg and Tyrol.
I was already hyped, but that makes it even better.

Don't know much about the director and slightly sceptical of the script writer, but the rest of staff and cast looks pretty good.

And for anyone wondering, the flag says " I am brave and piout (devout) " (although the German is slightly incorrect in terms of grammar, but not terrible)
.................................................................................
Sep 2, 2016 8:05 AM

Mar 2016
Ooh what an interesting cast they have there, I wasn't expecting Hanazawa to voice like that xD Well it's just one line, we'll see.
Sep 2, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2012
Illyricus said:
RobertBobert said:

I don't know, amte. The key visual looks very suspicious...

Cover and clip rather suspicious, agree. But I would have looked at least a couple of episodes for Hayami
Sep 2, 2016 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
>Series Composition by the same person that did the series composition for Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus

MY GOD MY GOD MY GOD! xD I'm excited for this one.

And BunBun made the designs? That's so cool QAQ Bunbun always makes great drawings.
Sep 2, 2016 8:45 AM

Feb 2012
Well at least its original, so it got that going on for it.

We'll see how it turns out tho.
Sep 2, 2016 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
In case anyone missed it: the anime is not actually set during WW2 it's a fictional war.
Sep 2, 2016 10:20 AM

Jun 2015
> Alternate history possible
> German bilingual bonus.
> Kana Hanazawa voicing a milf.

Sep 2, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
TrashDax said:

The fact that KanaHana is over here just makes everyone squeal, and good gif btw. This fits soooo much.
Sep 2, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
TrashDax said:

The fact that KanaHana is over here just makes everyone squeal, and good gif btw. This fits soooo much.
That's how great she is.
However, even when she is an excellent voice actress, the rest of the cast is also very good.
Sep 2, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

That's how great she is.
However, even when she is an excellent voice actress, the rest of the cast is also very good.

I do agree on the second statement you said, imo they did selected a good cast per say. Hell, I think staff wise is rather interesting as well per say. At least imo.
Sep 2, 2016 12:22 PM

Nov 2007
Not even a slightest of interest. Not with this mediocre cast and bland promotional video. *Adds to Plan-to-Watch list*
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 2, 2016 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
TheLittleRedHero said:
Illyricus said:
That's how great she is.

I do agree on the second statement you said, imo they did selected a good cast per say. Hell, I think staff wise is rather interesting as well per say. At least imo.
Now that you mention it, I don't know nothing about the studio who will animate this.
The visuals of the preview looks good, so I will have faith with this.
Sep 2, 2016 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Now that you mention it, I don't know nothing about the studio who will animate this.
The visuals of the preview looks good, so I will have faith with this.

Well the studio is one thing, and based on what I saw... Jesus christ they barely made anything after 2007 based on what I saw here, at least TV series wise.

But I find it really interesting with the staff's selection. Mostly the series composition/script, character designer, sound director and I guess the director is more of an... eh? I'm not too sure, but I am interested mostly in the series composition since he wrote the script for Kuroshitsuji and at least Book of Circus which is pretty much his best one, Heavy Object would be another one... Series composition for Accel World and it was pretty nice at least, So Ra No Wo To as well... I mean, I like most of the stuff at least.
Sep 2, 2016 3:26 PM

Mar 2014
WHAT EVEN IS THIS GODLY CAST HAHA
Sep 3, 2016 12:53 AM

May 2014
Excellent cast! Now I'm really interested in this!

Sep 3, 2016 12:54 AM

Jul 2012
KENN, Suwabe, Hanae, Hosoyan, Hirarin

Oh my lord
Sep 3, 2016 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
Ucchi <33

I just hope this has some Yuri, I mean, that cover... Don't give me hope >~<

Sep 3, 2016 4:50 AM
Jun 2015
Hayami fucking Saori..... 'nuff said
Sep 3, 2016 7:09 AM

Mar 2015
that was really plenty cast... hope can pull it off somehow...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 3, 2016 7:19 AM

May 2013
Oh german language and references will be big in this anime, also saw the alternative symbol and empire of the German Reich xD

And this new country is like a big Liechtenstein between Switzerland and Austria^^

Anyway can't for this series since the new PV looks awesome.
Sep 4, 2016 10:49 PM

Jul 2007
Series Composition, Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Kuroshitsuji: Book of CircusGuilty Crown)

RIP show, before it even started. This dude rivals Mari Okada in "holy shit why are you still writing you are so bad at this" department.

Also disappointed they chickened out with real historic setting and going for AU instead. The dialogue is already anime as hell ("HIMEEEEE SAMAAAAAA")
AhenshihaelSep 4, 2016 10:53 PM
Sep 17, 2016 1:02 AM

Feb 2014
Tetsuya Takeuchi is credited as Action Animation Director, and Satoshi Shigeta (along with Kentarou Azuma) is credited as Mecha Animation Director.
Sep 17, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2014
Modern history shouldn't be mixed with fantasy, there's almost always no suspension of disbelief. If it's sufficiently far enough back in time, like Akatsuki no Yona it can be tolerable.

Don't like the character designs either.

Also there are few things more cringe than quasi-German speech in anime. Almost dropped Suisei no Gargantia on episode 1 because they called an attack by a German-like name. Gets my acid reflux going.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.