Forum Settings
Forums

Official vote on artist to perform at the ceremony for the Olympics Tokyo, 2020

New
Aug 17, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2008

Vote for the your favorite artist to perform at the opening/closing ceremony
for the Olympics that will be held in Tokyo, 2020!

You can vote once a day per device
(meaning; you can vote through multiple devices, pc, laptop, tablets, smartphones, etc. in 24 hour, everyday until the deadline).
Voting will close at 24th of July 2020.

Voting page at: http://www.siesta-tokyo.com/article/439086791.html

starlightshine said:
there's also a foreigners-only poll that is also on the actual page, but I'll put a direct link here just in case.

Detailed tutorial on how to vote
LittleStarSep 2, 2016 8:00 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 17, 2016 3:58 AM

Sep 2008
katiak_Ula said:
I don't even know where is the vote button lol

Detailed tutorial on how to vote
Aug 17, 2016 4:00 AM

Sep 2015
I highly doubt that AKFG could win the voting though, as per the moment I voted they just got about 0.3% but I still voted for them.
Plus, they are the only Japanese artist/band I am familiar with.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Aug 22, 2016 12:01 AM

Sep 2013
Muse FTW!!! On serious thought, I'm looking forward Tokyo 2020.
Aug 22, 2016 12:25 AM

Jul 2012
I hope no Anime-related band wins.
Aug 22, 2016 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
transliterated list, for those interested

votes/rankings thus far, I guess?

1st place: Southern All Stars, 8939 votes
2nd place: Arashi, 7482 votes
3rd place: EXILE, 6820 votes
4th place: SMAP, 5956 votes
5th place: Yuzu, 3760 votes
6th place: DREAMS COME TRUE, 3167 votes
7th place: AKB48, 3057 votes
8th place: Utada Hikaru, 2952 votes
9th place: B'z, 2840 votes
10th place: Akiko Wada, 2336 votes
11th place: MISIA, 2240 votes
12th place: Mr. Children, 2146 votes
13th place: Saori Yuki, 2114 votes
14th place: Masafumi Akikawa, 2063 votes
15th place: Masaharu Fukuyama, 2015 votes
16th place: Saburo Kitajima, 2010 votes
17th place: Keisuke Kuwata, 1944 votes
18th place: Ikimonogakari, 1888 votes
19th place: Kiyoshi Hikawa, 1876 votes
20th place: Namie Amuro, 1814 votes

I'm aware of who many of these people / groups are, just haven't listened to all of them by any stretch yet. A lot of these seem to be old japanese soloists who were popular some odd years ago. Utada and Namie I love though. AKB would be interesting lmao. also I thought SMAP recently disbanded so shouldn't they be knocked off the rankings? Unless just for the olympics they'd hold another performance?
Aug 22, 2016 4:09 AM

Mar 2014
For the love of Satan Japan, don't select AKB48, you're just going to make a mockery of yourselves
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 22, 2016 4:20 AM

May 2015
For the love of Satan Japan, don't select AKB48, you're just going to make a mockery of yourselves

Just voted for them. :)
Aug 22, 2016 4:25 AM

Sep 2015
i said it before, i say it again: if japan really let's an idol band perform at the olympics then it will be the laughting stock for all eternity.

i mean ....

Nigami_ShinAug 22, 2016 5:04 AM

Aug 22, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
they should have drake
~Hime Hime~
Aug 22, 2016 1:26 PM
May 2015
Eminem said:

Why vote for them when you could just vote for Tiffany when she gets kicked out of Korea pal
small boy with big God
Aug 22, 2016 2:46 PM

Dec 2013
I say they're better off saying f'it

Bring in Angela Gheorghiu & Jonas Kaufmann to do a scene from Madame Butterfly LOL. Better than all other options combined...
Aug 24, 2016 7:37 AM

Jul 2015
The Oral Cigarettes aren't on it ;-;

I guess I will vote for One Ok Rock then
Aug 24, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2007
Miyavi & Dir En Grey as one option? Sooo like a collaboration between these two?
Aug 24, 2016 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
by the by, you can also suggest a non-Japanese artist from Asia if you so desire.
i like how people are requesting muse (Love Live). sadly they already disbanded, so maybe Aquors instead
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 24, 2016 3:36 PM
Aug 24, 2016 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
I voted for Aquors.

Sep 1, 2016 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
Hiroshi Kamiya + Daisuke Ono
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 1, 2016 9:24 PM
Mar 2011
SAS wil win since there that bog though there recordsales say diffrent they have more numder ones than b'z one olnly cuase there around longer but sicne thye got more radio play

B'z are the biggest seliing Japanese artist of all time and by my math the biggest selling asian artist 120 mlionn sold that record and co lives

i dont like idol pop bur seing SMAP for one last gig would be nice for people they were togtaher for over 20 years

the only ones id like to see are the ones rate 15-19 i lke a few of them and il be at he op so yes
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 1, 2016 9:52 PM

Jan 2015
DateYutaka said:
SAS wil win since there that bog though there recordsales say diffrent they have more numder ones than b'z one olnly cuase there around longer but sicne thye got more radio play

B'z are the biggest seliing Japanese artist of all time and by my math the biggest selling asian artist 120 mlionn sold that record and co lives

i dont like idol pop bur seing SMAP for one last gig would be nice for people they were togtaher for over 20 years

the only ones id like to see are the ones rate 15-19 i lke a few of them and il be at he op so yes
what abou mr. Children? Aren't they one of the top three for best selling artist?

la critique de l'intention pure
Sep 1, 2016 10:35 PM

Dec 2015
The list so far... Fictional idol groups (µ's, Aqours, STARISH, Quartet Night), seiyuu (HanaKana, Miyano Mamoru, Aoi Shouta, Hiroshi Kamiya, Ono Daisuke...), even visual kei (Versailles)?! It also amuses me to see Korean artists on the list (especially BTS, really?).

By the way there's also a foreigners-only poll that is also on the actual page, but I'll put a direct link here just in case.
starlightshineSep 1, 2016 10:46 PM
Sep 1, 2016 11:42 PM
Mar 2011
katiak_Ula said:
DateYutaka said:

what abou mr. Children? Aren't they one of the top three for best selling artist?

yes but thee not even n the same breath as Bz' sa;es wise it like compaing the sales of the betles to fleetwood mac sort of thng

for example out side os sas b'z have had the most weeks on the onricn chart total n hr past 20 years couting ll singes b'z have had [ a total combined 1200 weeks in the chart since 1995] that incuisd of they had any in the top 100 at thsames time tther loggest ammount of weeks in the carts ecver was ladt navagation syaty ib the top 100 oricon charts for 60 weeks in total in cuding 20 in the top 5 and 40 inside in the 40
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 2, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2015
DateYutaka said:
yes but thee not even n the same breath as Bz' sa;es wise it like compaing the sales of the betles to fleetwood mac sort of thng
the gap that far?? I saw before the estimation of b'z around 80 m compared to more than 50 m for mr children

for example out side os sas b'z have had the most weeks on the onricn chart total n hr past 20 years couting ll singes b'z have had [ a total combined 1200 weeks in the chart since 1995] that incuisd of they had any in the top 100 at thsames time tther loggest ammount of weeks in the carts ecver was ladt navagation syaty ib the top 100 oricon charts for 60 weeks in total in cuding 20 in the top 5 and 40 inside in the 40
lol, I can't get thro' the end, but let's say b'z got the better endurance and better numbers in top chart, that talk a lot for popularity.

So, does it mean that mr children popularity shouldn't be on top 3 or even top 5 kinda like that?? Or it's just already been overwhelmed by recent idol stuff and can't cope with that??

Sep 2, 2016 7:57 AM
Mar 2011
katiak_Ula said:
DateYutaka said:
the gap that far?? I saw before the estimation of b'z around 80 m compared to more than 50 m for mr children

lol, I can't get thro' the end, but let's say b'z got the better endurance and better numbers in top chart, that talk a lot for popularity.

So, does it mean that mr children popularity shouldn't be on top 3 or even top 5 kinda like that?? Or it's just already been overwhelmed by recent idol stuff and can't cope with that??

with mrchizu as there fans call them there like sas there number ones a are more ar plya then sales driven oricon has as a chart sales air play[tv and radio] and sales[ not streaming these days]

to get number ones hence why say namie amuro has alot more no 1's than her sales show and Hamasaki Ayumi has alot less then her sales shows [ its ayu who is 2nd in sales total but only has 1/4 of the number 1's nas b'z do

and when t comes to weeks on the chart [ both naime and ayu have been around since 1995 but have in cutiing 6 year ofrm B'z life span around the 1/3 of the amount fo weeks since how avex resle singles thye hardy enever put any pf there boig five ot have singles or albums first print whting in 4 weeks of eathc other for albums or 2 weeks or singles

naime biggest selling singile is can you celebrate only spent 12 weeks in the chart since her album was relsed within 6 wees of the reord and avex x pull simgles most of the time withn n two weeks of relese of albums even of there stil selling

but air play kept it in the charts for a futher 6 wekks in the top 50[ the pat of the charts that is aired weekly ] and 8 weeks in thr op 100 print only char[ 51-100 are nver show on the weeky chart show well bakc then thye were not [ now the weekly cjhart show on on woowow muisc and has 3 there hou block or 150 mis with ad time taken out

Sep 2, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
It's not an official vote. It's a fanmade poll. Whoever wins this poll is not guranteed to win.
Sep 2, 2016 8:18 AM

Jan 2015
DateYutaka said:
katiak_Ula said:

with mrchizu as there fans call them there like sas there number ones a are more ar plya then sales driven oricon has as a chart sales air play[tv and radio] and sales[ not streaming these days]

to get number ones hence why say namie amuro has alot more no 1's than her sales show and Hamasaki Ayumi has alot less then her sales shows [ its ayu who is 2nd in sales total but only has 1/4 of the number 1's nas b'z do

and when t comes to weeks on the chart [ both naime and ayu have been around since 1995 but have in cutiing 6 year ofrm B'z life span around the 1/3 of the amount fo weeks since how avex resle singles thye hardy enever put any pf there boig five ot have singles or albums first print whting in 4 weeks of eathc other for albums or 2 weeks or singles

naime biggest selling singile is can you celebrate only spent 12 weeks in the chart since her album was relsed within 6 wees of the reord and avex x pull simgles most of the time withn n two weeks of relese of albums even of there stil selling

but air play kept it in the charts for a futher 6 wekks in the top 50[ the pat of the charts that is aired weekly ] and 8 weeks in thr op 100 print only char[ 51-100 are nver show on the weeky chart show well bakc then thye were not [ now the weekly cjhart show on on woowow muisc and has 3 there hou block or 150 mis with ad time taken out
I see, so good selling not solely determine the popularity because it's also talk about how good it on the air play

Sep 2, 2016 8:41 AM
Mar 2011
katiak_Ula said:
DateYutaka said:

I see, so good selling not solely determine the popularity because it's also talk about how good it on the air play

anothing band i wish wa one the poll was spitz

there an huge case of of oorocaon chars work with air play thee first 2 abuns sold like crap arund 200k total but they had 5 top ten smgim from tw a;bums then there 3rd album was a mega hit sales wise and topr th album charts ofr 5 weeks while nong in the top 100 for 40 weeks bot sales and airplay

th other side of it is X's/X Japan's first alub solf mlionn units [ the first indie record in japan to ot that [ but peeked at low 30's on the charts but alot stayed in top 100 for 8 weeks but neer got really that high

out side of very few x is the only metal band ot have huge mainstrme chart sucess on that time

in the 2000's diru and gazette did but in the late 80\'s and most pf the 90's metal was under garund in japan

while malice mizer did well they only did well in the Gackt Era when there were more chamber pop then metal

City pop was the big thing in the 80's as you may know it was then th ealry shibuya kei acts like flippers gulitar that went welll in the easly 90's as the new thing chart wise

mid 90's GLOBE and TRF were the biggest bands [ and b'z]

and then 97 came and Momasu were made this mindern idol pop began tere was bit in the 80's but agther onayko club split it ended there untill 97

=========

sorry fir the mini hisoty lesson
--------------------------------------

stuff like babymetal is not new just look up mari hamada [ she is i the japanese lita ford when it comes ot skill but in marketing she was called the metal Idol

Sep 2, 2016 9:03 AM

Mar 2016
LOL YOU CAN VOTE FOR LEN KAGAMINE SO I DID
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2016 9:36 AM

Mar 2014
Eminem said:

Im so triggered rn breeee
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 2, 2016 9:51 AM

Jan 2015
DateYutaka said:
there an huge case of of oorocaon chars work with air play thee first 2 abuns sold like crap arund 200k total but they had 5 top ten smgim from tw a;bums then there 3rd album was a mega hit sales wise and topr th album charts ofr 5 weeks while nong in the top 100 for 40 weeks bot sales and airplay
idk much about them beside it listed as one top selling in wiki -- I read tokyo jihen bassist produced their album once

th other side of it is X's/X Japan's first alub solf mlionn units [ the first indie record in japan to ot that [ but peeked at low 30's on the charts but alot stayed in top 100 for 8 weeks but neer got really that high

out side of very few x is the only metal band ot have huge mainstrme chart sucess on that time
in the 2000's diru and gazette did but in the late 80's and most pf the 90's metal was under garund in japan
as I knew they (X) were the only metal band that's get slot in kohaku uta gussen in early 90

in other side, how about punk? The only I knew for indie and break mainstream was The blue hearts especially their debut (not the stalin I think), but still I saw them were solely live Band than selling artist(because some controversy like banned from tv)

while malice mizer did well they only did well in the Gackt Era when there were more chamber pop then metal
I'd only heard gackt era, annoyin' stuff, idk but gackt himself gave me vibe he's such a jerk lol

City pop was the big thing in the 80's as you may know it was then th ealry shibuya kei acts like flippers gulitar that went welll in the easly 90's as the new thing chart wise

I never heard city pop and trf, globe they did anime ost so yeah

and then 97 came and Momasu were made this mindern idol pop began tere was bit in the 80's but agther onayko club split it ended there untill 97
lol, I'd thought onayko was kinda precursor of akb, in more polite way

=========

lol, u can elaborated more If u want, the like l'arc en ciel, glay, etc tho' it would be hours to me decipher ur typo xD

stuff like babymetal is not new just look up mari hamada [ she is i the japanese lita ford when it comes ot skill but in marketing she was called the metal Idol
yeah, the concept is not new, ima country we got some but not on "idol meet metal" concept like japan, more like pop girl meet/sing hard rock song

---------------------
Comic_Sans said:
Eminem said:

even when akb get banished from the earth, they're still can't get runaway with this kind of cancer lol
karambiaSep 2, 2016 10:00 AM

Sep 2, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
katiak_Ula said:
even when akb get banished from the earth, they're still can't get runaway with this kind of cancer lol
[Img*]https://cantbemoregla.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/20120101-exile-japan.jpg[/img]
Oh God spare me from this cancer

On another note, is the bald guy half black or something? I thought the Japanese didn't like dark skin
Nico- said:
Sep 2, 2016 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
katiak_Ula said:
[Img*]https://cantbemoregla.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/20120101-exile-japan.jpg[/img]
Oh God spare me from this cancer
damn right xD, how could those jap let their yakuza formed boyband

On another note, is the bald guy half black or something? I thought the Japanese didn't like dark skin
lol idon't have any idea, dude just get too much sunbath I guess xD -

Sep 2, 2016 11:22 AM
Mar 2011
katiak_Ula said:
DateYutaka said:
idk much about them beside it listed as one top selling in wiki -- I read tokyo jihen bassist produced their album once

in the 2000's diru and gazette did but in the late 80's and most pf the 90's metal was under garund in japan
as I knew they (X) were the only metal band that's get slot in kohaku uta gussen in early 90

in other side, how about punk? The only I knew for indie and break mainstream was The blue hearts especially their debut (not the stalin I think), but still I saw them were solely live Band than selling artist(because some controversy like banned from tv)

I'd only heard gackt era, annoyin' stuff, idk but gackt himself gave me vibe he's such a jerk lol

I never heard city pop and trf, globe they did anime ost so yeah

lol, I'd thought onayko was kinda precursor of akb, in more polite way

=========

lol, u can elaborated more If u want, the like l'arc en ciel, glay, etc tho' it would be hours to me decipher ur typo xD

yeah, the concept is not new, ima country we got some but not on "idol meet metal" concept like japan, more like pop girl meet/sing hard rock song

---------------------
Comic_Sans said:

look fo the 25th eanvery of exyeasy records cd extays had some mnay good bands a;ot styED INDIE sadly [ cuase metal was not big [ or at lest natiev was not [ malasteen albu in the mid 90's slod 4.4 mloon recds its the biggest selling album by a non ntave artsist in japan 's history

l'arc began in 91 pick up by kai'hoon on right away they were to be the new Boøwy but that is unfair to anyone so many people f romed bands cause of Boøwy ell even in there time togtaher thye made instrument ssales go on 80o% year on year evety years they wre together

glay there taji's pet project at extasy like luna sea were to hide afther to claasic line of x was mfromed and thye went major thye tokk all of pets prorect mjaor with thye some stay major ike galy and luna sea but most went back to indie zi kill being the biggest since whar there members ended up doinf they were japan's alactrazz zi kill h fr example has kyoharyo late of kuroyume and yes yukihiro lateer of l'arc

though i liked sakura as drummer more but he had too go sadly

the stalin was never mainstrem it was found as outlet of a left wing activist as irony the combat of the [nazicore] bands like rommel and alike

im acully close frist with endo hes like the Japanese pete seeger or billy bragg sort it met him at a praty conference

hes caled his babd the stalin just for controversies sake but hes back then at in this mid 20 a hard left but he mellow with age he was even a me ber of the JRA for a short time

Sep 3, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2015
my brother told me about this. wasn't bigbang on the list? they're like even more popular than japanese bands, lol.
Sep 3, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
DateYutaka said:
[something something]
???
TomDay said:
my brother told me about this. wasn't bigbang on the list? they're like even more popular than japanese bands, lol.
As if the glorious Nippon jin master racers would want to see a bunch of filthy Chōsen jins perform at their OG ceremony SMH SMH
Nico- said:
Sep 3, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
As if the glorious Nippon jin master racers would want to see a bunch of filthy Chōsen jins perform at their OG ceremony SMH SMH

jokes on you my good sir, asians ain't even a race

try to swallow that my dood.
Sep 3, 2016 4:00 PM

Nov 2015
I want Aqua Timez and LisA to perform for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. That would be lit!
Sep 3, 2016 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
TomDay said:
jokes on you my good sir, asians ain't even a race

try to swallow that my dood.
TIL I'm an anti Korean Japanese nationalist and that Koreans aren't Asian
Comic_SansSep 3, 2016 4:05 PM
Nico- said:
Sep 3, 2016 4:39 PM

Feb 2015
Comic_Sans said:
TIL I'm an anti Korean Japanese nationalist and that Koreans aren't Asian

bruh why so unfair? why take them out of the continent :(
Sep 3, 2016 4:44 PM

Feb 2013
Dir en Grey, The Gazette and Babymetal should do it.
Sep 3, 2016 10:08 PM

Apr 2015
Oh boy that's a lot of artists. Before I say which I'm voting for, here's a list of ones I see on the list that I listen to:

-Hikaru Utada
-Yellow Magic Orchestra
-PUFFY
-Weird Al
-BABYMETAL
-Perfume

There are also a lot of artists I've heard a little bit of, or would like to get into (Crystal Kay, Momoiro Clover Z, AAA, and all the other artists on the list that have done at least one song in Pokemon, and I also want to hear more Kalafina because I enjoy their Madoka songs), but haven't heard enough to list them. And I'm also not including Vocaloids despite being a fan of some Vocaloid producers.

Anyway, I'm casting my vote for BABYMETAL, because 2020 will be their tenth anniversary. I'd be content if anybody I listed or plan on listening to more of perform though. I just think performing at the Olympics would be a cool thing for BM's 10th year.
BeatlesPkmnFan42Sep 3, 2016 10:14 PM
Sep 4, 2016 1:32 AM

Mar 2014
TomD said:
bruh why so unfair? why take them out of the continent :(
That's what you said
Nico- said:
Sep 4, 2016 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
@DateYutaka lol sorry take time for me to read it thro'.

look fo the 25th eanvery of exyeasy records cd extays had some mnay good bands a;ot styED INDIE sadly [ cuase metal was not big [ or at lest natiev was not [ malasteen albu in the mid 90's slod 4.4 mloon recds its the biggest selling album by a non ntave artsist in japan 's history
extassy keep that anniversary stuff, did it still legit to this day??
so metal was not that big for native, but biggest selling non native was metal artist??

l'arc began in 91 pick up by kai'hoon on right away they were to be the new Boøwy but that is unfair to anyone so many people f romed bands cause of Boøwy ell even in there time togtaher thye made instrument ssales go on 80o% year on year evety years they wre together
yeah, I think so. l'arc or any band of that decades more like/was part of band boom itself

glay there taji's pet project at extasy like luna sea were to hide afther to claasic line of x was mfromed and thye went major thye tokk all of pets prorect mjaor with thye some stay major ike galy and luna sea but most went back to indie zi kill being the biggest since whar there members ended up doinf they were japan's alactrazz zi kill h fr example has kyoharyo late of kuroyume and yes yukihiro lateer of l'arc
for now I'm not profound and too familiar with their music(glay and luna sea) apart they did indie debut in extasy record, I barely knew about them. Idk alcatraz but they had malmsteen and steve vai for short moment lol. yeah their circumstances were like zi kill, and it had yukihiro in it for one year?? Lol.
I did really like yukihiro as a drummer as he play more complex but he's so cold playin' it. compared to sakura in l'arc which was more elegant imo, especially in their early postpunk sound.

the stalin was never mainstrem it was found as outlet of a left wing activist as irony the combat of the [nazicore] bands like rommel and alike
I read they did controversy, I like their concept sound in their first album stop jap (not the trash one) , tho' I barely knew what it say lol

im acully close frist with endo hes like the Japanese pete seeger or billy bragg sort it met him at a praty conference
hes caled his babd the stalin just for controversies sake but hes back then at in this mid 20 a hard left but he mellow with age he was even a me ber of the JRA for a short time
lol, so u talk with him kinda like that??well I'm not surprised he become more as a kind of activist. I guess true hardcore punk icon felt that way, the like jello biafra, bit of hendry rollin' imo. and not jonny lydon ofc, keep rotten himself for not being hardcore lol .
I did randomly found a vid of aging endo when i searched about the stalin stuff. the impression did the way u talk, he looked mellow :v
karambiaSep 4, 2016 8:07 AM

Sep 4, 2016 9:53 AM
Mar 2011
katiak_Ula said:
@DateYutaka lol sorry take time for me to read it thro'.

extassy keep that anniversary stuff, did it still legit to this day??
so metal was not that big for native, but biggest selling non native was metal artist??

yeah, I think so. l'arc or any band of that decades more like/was part of band boom itself

for now I'm not profound and too familiar with their music(glay and luna sea) apart they did indie debut in extasy record, I barely knew about them. Idk alcatraz but they had malmsteen and steve vai for short moment lol. yeah their circumstances were like zi kill, and it had yukihiro in it for one year?? Lol.
I did really like yukihiro as a drummer as he play more complex but he's so cold playin' it. compared to sakura in l'arc which was more elegant imo, especially in their early postpunk sound.

I read they did controversy, I like their concept sound in their first album stop jap (not the trash one) , tho' I barely knew what it say lol

lol, so u talk with him kinda like that??well I'm not surprised he become more as a kind of activist. I guess true hardcore punk icon felt that way, the like jello biafra, bit of hendry rollin' imo. and not jonny lydon ofc, keep rotten himself for not being hardcore lol .
I did randomly found a vid of aging endo when i searched about the stalin stuff. the impression did the way u talk, he looked mellow :v

metal was all was underground in Japan sales wise not would lvle wa sits huge metal bands sell out the egg alot both nnative and not

extasy made traditional being ot be what it is now loudness was not on extasy or were bow wow but they never sould out big places untill late around 86 metal was the city gym and bars genre live untill then [ now twere are arens that only do metal like the zep in fukuoka for example

the older underground bands like [ unground as in not well know] lie sabbat and like are a gold mine mondern day metal in japan is sacling bakc since grugr in now the new thing in japan and has been for 10 years how its power metal taht is the genre that is keeping metal in the public mind

Jan 6, 2017 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Mayuka said:
I hope no Anime-related band wins.

i hope the opposite. maximum the hormone at olympia AHAHAHAHAHA
Jan 9, 2017 2:07 PM

Sep 2015
undead corporation of that list, shame they won't win really
Jan 17, 2017 10:42 PM

Apr 2013
Utada FTW!!!! What else after all haha.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 1, 2017 2:27 PM
Mar 2015
DreamingBeats said:
by the by, you can also suggest a non-Japanese artist from Asia if you so desire.
i like how people are requesting muse (Love Live). sadly they already disbanded, so maybe Aquors instead

Since it's for a huge event like Olympic, so if they get first, I reckon they'll make a come back and just perform for that one occasion. But only if the Tokyo 2020 Olympic officials are planning to use this survey list on this site.
--Tsubasa--Jul 1, 2017 2:40 PM
Jul 1, 2017 3:15 PM
Mar 2015
I was sad when I see male K-pop groups getting top in Group B, I personally don't think they're appropriate for the Tokyo Olympics.

The moment I saw ST☆RISH, QUARTET NIGHT and Kiramune All Stars in Group A, I laughed soooo hard (not a mocking one, but I don't know how to describe it), I'm happy that they're on the list and that they're getting votes.

But the only Seiyuu that I actually want to see singing at 2020 Tokyo Olympics is SAKAMOTO MAAYA!!!!! I saw her in Group B!!!!! She is an amazing singer with experience and a beautiful calming voice.

It would be interesting to have Takahashi Yoko (don't know if she's on the list) sing Zankoku na Tenshi no Teeze at the Olympics. Especially with the line "Shounen yo shinwa ni nare!" ("young boy, become a legend!"), wouldn't that light a fire in the Athletes!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind if Kobukuro, SMAP, Utada Hikaru, Mr Children etc. are to sing at the Olympics. Just no K-pop groups, young Johnny's groups (their group names worry me, like SexyZone and Kis-My-Ft2), otome game character groups.
Jul 1, 2017 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
--Tsubasa-- said:
But the only Seiyuu that I actually want to see singing at 2020 Tokyo Olympics is SAKAMOTO MAAYA!!!!! I saw her in Group B!!!!! She is an amazing singer with experience and a beautiful calming voice.

wasn't she the one that did the opening for Kobato? i loved that song ^_^
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

4 by LoveLikeBlood »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7565 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
6 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Today, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.