Forum Settings
Forums

Smartphone Game 'Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100-nin no Oujisama' Gets Anime Adaptations

New
Aug 28, 2016 7:44 AM

Nov 2007

During the Summer Festival held today, it was announced that smartphone game Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100-nin no Oujisama will receive two anime adaptations. A short anime series will be broadcast in 2017, with a TV anime to be broadcast in 2018. The announcement also includes a new CD series release for the game that includes a drama CD, character songs, and music.

Synopsis
The heroine is a normal girl, until one day she is invited to another world and becomes the princess of the dream world, where people use dreams as the energy to live. One day, the dream world is being attacked by something called "yumekui" ("dream eater"), and many princes are being attacked by it. The heroine must wake them up to save the dream world, as the princes are unable to wake up due to having their dreams stolen.

Game Main Cast
Avi: Kenichi Suzumura (Prison School)
Byakuyou: Showtaro Morikubo (Hakuouki)
Hinata: Ayumu Murase (Haikyuu!!)
Shigure: Soichiro Hoshi (Break Blade)
Kairi: Mamoru Miyano (Steins;Gate)
The complete game cast can be found on the official website. There are some voice actors cast as more than one princes, and also female voice actresses cast as princes.

Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100-nin no Oujisama is a puzzle RPG game developed by GCRest for iOS and Android. The goal of the game, which is targeted toward female players, is to solve puzzles to wake up their desired prince, who they can then improve their relationship with with via various in-game features.

Game PV

Game official site: http://www.yume-100.com/
Game Twitter: @yume100prince

Source: Otakomu

Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100 Nin no Oujisama: Short Stories and Yume Oukoku to Nemureru 100 Nin no Oujisama on MAL
LeknaatJul 18, 2023 12:50 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 2016 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
Waow, a super epic game adaption, woohoo cant wait....yeah~~~, cant wait woohoo....yeah...
Aug 28, 2016 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
YAHHOOO!!! FUJOSHIES LAND IS COMFIRMED ON 2017 HAHAHAHA!!!!

Look so good, specially the art. Must watch.
Aug 28, 2016 8:07 AM

Jun 2008
So happy for yume100. I'm interested how they'll handle the characters (who will make an appearance and such).
Aug 28, 2016 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Tfw most otome games are getting anime = Me rolling more on the fujoshi bait hype train.

Ahhhh~~
Aug 28, 2016 8:26 AM

Mar 2016
I don't think I've heard Morikubo or Murase voice characters like that, didn't expect that. I'll probably watch this when it comes out, so I'm hoping the cast will be the same to satisfy my curiosity xD
Aug 28, 2016 9:33 AM

Jun 2008
Yes i'm so up for this!
Aug 28, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
So this is a new reverse harem ? Yeaaah i'm so hyped.
But fujoshis are always ruining the hype. It's a reverse harem not a yaoi.
Aug 28, 2016 10:47 AM
Aug 2015
The question is will it be good or bad.

The answer is gay.

Are reverse harems still trying to be straight lmao xD

Anyways, hyped!
Aug 28, 2016 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
Have there ever been a good game adaptation excluding visual novels?
Aug 28, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2008
Hanane said:

The answer is gay.

If you're trying to say that the anime will have BL (hints), then I doubt it... I mean, they might do it to broaden the audience, but firstly, it's obvious that fujoshi aren't part of the target group from the basic system of the game and secondly, the ones who do play it for BL (hints) are a minority, especially when compared to similar games (EnSta for example). Note that there are people who like both male x female and male x male elements (meaning that there are people who also like BL but aren't in it for that).

-Janet said:
Well if your talking about games that are targeted for females in general or reverse harems then add the discs of both seasons of Hakuouki and together they made over 30,121.But my point is there are Otome games that are successful so this anime might just do it if it can pull out a good story.

Anyways the hate on this thread is real -rolls eyes- but as @Username said this year is taken over by us !!!!!!!!

Nah, they're talking about
HaXXspetten said:
>mobile game adaptation

Successful adaptions to anime are already named, so I'm not sure why you're bringing up even more examples as if the person you quoted was denying it...

Lastly, there's no indicator that this will have fujoshi in mind as the target audience nor be related to BL in any way, so I'm not sure why so many people like to spread misinformation in this thread.
Aug 28, 2016 11:48 AM
Mar 2010
Sniff...sniff....I don't know what to say. Just three years back I SO wanted male idol anime and more anime aimed at females and we have been blessed with a wonderful harvest in both 2015 and 2016...and hopefully for the years to come!

(Yes, I know this isn't a male idol anime but I've been hoping for one for so long and now there are so many!)

I'm so happy and grateful.

Kinda off topic: Disc sales are becoming less relevant nowadays with lots of streaming services in Japan and more money is coming from other parts of the franchise. We don't know yet whether this will be a success or not but...

Otome anime in the last few years haven't sold that much (with a few exceptions) but the anime are still being made. So they get a good boost for the game/ the Drama CD's etc.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 28, 2016 11:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BlueBalls said:
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis is the only one I'm aware of (Zestiria is supposedly decent too but I'm not watching it)
Aug 28, 2016 11:59 AM
Aug 2015
@Face_Faith I was joking.
I doubt it too since the anime will be based on a otome game, so the chances of BL hints will be from zero to none. I was partly referring to the recent animes (Prince of Stride and B-project) which from first glance look like a reverse harem but when you actually take a good look at them the idea is thrown away. I was speculating something like that might happen to this ^^

Anyways I'm hyped for this! Otome game adaptations are worth the will!
>This thread is getting some serious hate T.T
Aug 28, 2016 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
There's gonna be 100+ characters in this Anime, which means 100+ seiyuu.

I love the Anime industry (no sarcasm intended at all).
Aug 28, 2016 12:06 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
HaXXspetten said:
>mobile game adaptation
>massive fujoshi bait

doesn't get a whole lot worse than that does it

It won't sell, a lot of these don't sell, if the anime is not Utapri or a sports anime like Free or the much loved Haikyuu (in which you'll have the male audience as well) it's a lost cause almost by default.

its an ok game so maybe
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 28, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
BlueBalls said:
Implying visual novel anime are better?
Aug 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
Mayuka said:
BlueBalls said:

Fate/Zero is good so that's VN:1 Games: 0

EDIT: Looks like FZ has a LN source so I guess that's moot.
Aug 28, 2016 12:13 PM

Jul 2012
BlueBalls said:
Mayuka said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/21843/Shingeki_no_Bahamut__Genesis

is one game adaptation i can think off right off the bat :>
i rated as 7 but eh, i guess u hate it :c
Aug 28, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2015
Mayuka said:
BlueBalls said:

No I didn't like it, what about UBW by Ufotable.

It had its moments imo.
Aug 28, 2016 12:16 PM

Jul 2012
BlueBalls said:
Mayuka said:

It had its moments imo.
sorry i hate the fate franchise as a whole so i can't really see it as an example :^(
Aug 28, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
Mayuka said:
BlueBalls said:

It had its moments imo.
sorry i hate the fate franchise as a whole so i can't really see it as an example :^(

https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate

Source: visual novel

Game, set, match
Aug 28, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
BlueBalls said:
Mayuka said:

Game, set, match
i also dislike steins gate but sure

i mean, i like shingeki no bahamut more :^)
Aug 28, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2015
Mayuka said:
BlueBalls said:

Game, set, match
i also dislike steins gate but sure

i mean, i like shingeki no bahamut more :^)

I give up

Should I lower steins;gates's score to 6/10, it wasn't that good was it?

Been thinking about it
Aug 28, 2016 12:24 PM
Feb 2015
Face_Faith said:
Hanane said:

The answer is gay.

If you're trying to say that the anime will have BL (hints), then I doubt it... I mean, they might do it to broaden the audience, but firstly, it's obvious that fujoshi aren't part of the target group from the basic system of the game and secondly, the ones who do play it for BL (hints) are a minority, especially when compared to similar games (EnSta for example). Note that there are people who like both male x female and male x male elements (meaning that there are people who also like BL but aren't in it for that).

-Janet said:
Well if your talking about games that are targeted for females in general or reverse harems then add the discs of both seasons of Hakuouki and together they made over 30,121.But my point is there are Otome games that are successful so this anime might just do it if it can pull out a good story.

Anyways the hate on this thread is real -rolls eyes- but as @Username said this year is taken over by us !!!!!!!!

Nah, they're talking about
HaXXspetten said:
>mobile game adaptation

Successful adaptions to anime are already named, so I'm not sure why you're bringing up even more examples as if the person you quoted was denying it...

Lastly, there's no indicator that this will have fujoshi in mind as the target audience nor be related to BL in any way, so I'm not sure why so many people like to spread misinformation in this thread.

& I'm aware he's talking specifically about mobile games I was just saying a lot of people seem to think the only successful game is Utapri. I've been here for almost a year in a half and I haven't heard anyone ever mentioned how well both Hakuouki and Brothers Conflict sold when they came out. I know they can't reach Utapri's popularity but for a reverse harem they sold more then 6k and that's unusual for something related to the genre.
Aug 28, 2016 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Omg, what's wrong with everyone? T_T actually it's funny seeing how ppl are posting some bullshit here and there, that make me laugh XD

@Hoppy Other than Diabolik Lovers, I've see many otome anime is selling great so I don't know why you are talking about the sales even tho it's not out till now.

I will leave this to Ecchi lovers :)
Aug 28, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2012
to be fair, utapri is a mobile rhythm game now so

it counts, does it? ;))))
Aug 28, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Mayuka said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I WANT TO DIE T__T
Aug 28, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2012
Username said:
Mayuka said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I WANT TO DIE T__T
YESSS :'D

its not released yet though! i'm excited
TyrelAug 28, 2016 4:06 PM
Aug 28, 2016 12:31 PM

Feb 2013
Why people get so salty? Should I get so salty whenever a new ecchi is announced? No, because I don't care not gonna watch it... *sigh* anyways this looks good.

I want an Anime adaptation of Mystic Messenger, but being the game korean I don't know who many chances therell be to get an Anime adaptation T. T

Aug 28, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
badwolf45f said:
I want an Anime adaptation of Mystic Messenger, but being the game korean I don't know who many chances therell be to get an Anime adaptation T. T
OHH omg it's a korean game? I thought it was JP for the longest time lmao. So the voices are Korean too?
Aug 28, 2016 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
@Mayuka GODDAMIT, HOW MANY SEXY GAMES ARE THERE WHILE IM PLAYING LL??? T_T I HAVE LOST MY YAOINESS, I WANT TO GET KILLED :( *hide*
Aug 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
@Username YES THERE'S SO MANY, as well as anime adapting them! I'm really happy the anime industry is getting into this kinda stuff :')
Aug 28, 2016 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
@mayuka ofc they will, girly anime is selling great! Can't wait for our Fujoshi land on 2017 *grin*
Aug 28, 2016 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
Mayuka said:
badwolf45f said:
OHH omg it's a korean game? I thought it was JP for the longest time lmao. So the voices are Korean too?

Yes. That's why I want an Anime adaptation so I can hear the boys with japanese voices, I'm not really fond with korean lol still is good, you get used to it, and it's not like they talk much...

Aug 28, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
Hanane said:
@Face_Faith I was joking.
I doubt it too since the anime will be based on a otome game, so the chances of BL hints will be from zero to none. I was partly referring to the recent animes (Prince of Stride and B-project) which from first glance look like a reverse harem but when you actually take a good look at them the idea is thrown away. I was speculating something like that might happen to this ^^

Anyways I'm hyped for this! Otome game adaptations are worth the will!
>This thread is getting some serious hate T.T

I see, but just bringing up words like "fujoshi", "BL", "gay" when that's unrelated to the original work (and then most likely to the anime as well) can make other people think it is...

Mayuka said:
There's gonna be 100+ characters in this Anime, which means 100+ seiyuu.

Some seiyuu voice more than one character in this game, so 100 characters don't necessarily mean 100 seiyuu, however, there are already more than 100 characters & seiyuu in the game. No idea how many will actually make an appearance in the anime, though...

-Janet said:
& I'm aware he's talking specifically about mobile games I was just saying a lot of people seem to think the only successful game is Utapri. I've been here for almost a year in a half and I haven't heard anyone ever mentioned how well both Hakuouki and Brothers Conflict sold when they came out. I know they can't reach Utapri's popularity but for a reverse harem they sold more then 6k and that's unusual for something related to the genre.

But they were specifically talking about how these games' adaptions (as in games for smartphones, not PSV and such) were not selling well. So saying "there are anime adaptions of games for a female audience that sold well" is unrelated. It's not like they were not talking about how anime adaptions of otome games (as in for PSP or PSV and such) were not selling well.

Mayuka said:

Not unless the game will be adapted to anime and sell well, which hasn't happened...
Aug 28, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
Face_Faith said:
Not unless the game will be adapted to anime and sell, which hasn't happened...
it's joke.jpg

Some seiyuu voice more than one character in this game, so 100 characters don't necessarily mean 100 seiyuu, however, there are already more than 100 characters & seiyuu in the game. No idea how many will actually make an appearance in the anime, though...
ah the same as touken ranbu then mmm
Aug 28, 2016 1:50 PM
Feb 2015
Username said:
Omg, what's wrong with everyone? T_T actually it's funny seeing how ppl are posting some bullshit here and there, that make me laugh XD

@Hoppy Other than Diabolik Lovers, I've see many otome anime is selling great so I don't know why you are talking about the sales even tho it's not out till now.

Your right my apologizes for going off topic but it kinda upsets me when people assume Free, Utapri & Haikyuu are the only anime that can sell well, when there's been plenty of reverse harems/BL that have sold well. But I don't wanna get in an argument with anybody so I'll take my leave.

That pic though I'm sure the ecchi lovers will "fanboy over it" ;D
Aug 28, 2016 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
Dang it this was one of those games that ive wanted to play since forever but because of region lock I never did (and the whole process to play it in japanese is too much of a hassle lol) but the actual adaptation is in 2018 jeez... I wonder how long the series will be with 100+ characters?
Aug 28, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2009
OMG WHAT?!?!!?! I DID A DOUBLE TAKE WHEN I SAW THE TOPIC TITLE OH MY GOD... YUME100 GETTING AN ANIME.. WHAT... I CANT BELIEVE...
IM SO APPALLED
IM SO HAPPY!!!!!
It's a shame cause I quitted the game awhile ago (after that one year it was taking up too much of my time) but that's when the popularity boom started and everything happened LOL. XD ahh, I kinda regret it now...

Anyway I can't wait for Hinata! He was such a brat (an adorable one) but became one of the most possessive over the main character, that's for sure... :D I wonder how many of the other princes will be shown? There are so many good ones I don't know how they'll choose :"O Hopefully Cheshire will be inside xD I'm pretty sure Rika will be inside though since he was #1 in the awards! Ahh, I can't wait for Okitsu's beautiful voice ^O^
Aug 28, 2016 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
Cuky said:
Dang it this was one of those games that ive wanted to play since forever but because of region lock I never did (and the whole process to play it in japanese is too much of a hassle lol) but the actual adaptation is in 2018 jeez... I wonder how long the series will be with 100+ characters?
You can easily bypass region lock on Android!
Aug 28, 2016 9:03 PM

Mar 2008
uwaah....i'm so happy right now~~! i can't wait for more salty comments xD

Aug 29, 2016 2:39 AM

Sep 2015
Wow~ what a great time to be alive XD
aisoka said:
lol yeah XD

Aug 29, 2016 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
Ioryogi-kun said:

Huh? You're talking as if the majority of anime adapting otome games aren't midnight anime, but that's not the case. Midnight anime cover the expenses through the disc sales, so the sales of goods are unrelated. (Apart from that, I'm curious how you seem to be able to tell that the goods/merchandise are/is selling well...)
Aug 29, 2016 5:17 AM
May 2007
From shotas to ojisans oujisama I sure want to wake them all up.
Give me everyone for short anime save heroine for later.
Aug 29, 2016 6:10 AM

Sep 2015
Face_Faith said:
Ioryogi-kun said:

Huh? You're talking as if the majority of anime adapting otome games aren't midnight anime, but that's not the case. Midnight anime cover the expenses through the disc sales, so the sales of goods are unrelated. (Apart from that, I'm curious how you seem to be able to tell that the goods/merchandise are/is selling well...)

Try going to Ikebukuro or other entertainment'-related district and see for yourself. I can't even keep track of how many different kinds of merchs for an otome title people here claimed a fail and the crowd of girls really love there. I don't disagree with the fail part, I'm just saying merch sales for those title aren't meant to be taken lightly. How do you think those company keep producing more titles (take Norn9 or Amnesia for an example) even though the discs aren't selling well? Beside selling the game software, obviously merch sales also help keep things afloat for that title.

Most anime air around midnight anyways (usually from 10 PM). Unless it's the super popular long running titles from SJ or Bandai, in which case they will get the 4/5 PM timeslot... most of the time.
Aug 29, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2008
Ioryogi-kun said:
Wow~ what a great time to be alive XD
aisoka said:
lol yeah XD

uhh...yeah, it was the anime adaptation that introduce me of otome games like utapri even though i only know a few titles

Aug 29, 2016 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
-Janet said:
Username said:

Your right my apologizes for going off topic but it kinda upsets me when people assume Free, Utapri & Haikyuu are the only anime that can sell well, when there's been plenty of reverse harems/BL that have sold well. But I don't wanna get in an argument with anybody so I'll take my leave.

That pic though I'm sure the ecchi lovers will "fanboy over it" ;D

Haha, it's okay. Actually I meant about the haters xD
Aug 29, 2016 12:13 PM

Jun 2008
Ioryogi-kun said:
Try going to Ikebukuro or other entertainment'-related district and see for yourself. I can't even keep track of how many different kinds of merchs for an otome title people here claimed a fail and the crowd of girls really love there. I don't disagree with the fail part, I'm just saying merch sales for those title aren't meant to be taken lightly. How do you think those company keep producing more titles (take Norn9 or Amnesia for an example) even though the discs aren't selling well? Beside selling the game software, obviously merch sales also help keep things afloat for that title.

Most anime air around midnight anyways (usually from 10 PM). Unless it's the super popular long running titles from SJ or Bandai, in which case they will get the 4/5 PM timeslot... most of the time.

From what I understood, they were entirely talking about disc sales, because you cannot tell whether something sells well or not without numbers. As far as I know, there are no such numbers for merchandise sales (being made public), so there's no way to tell whether those sales are comparatively good or not, so I don't understand why you would bring up merchandise.
So if you see many people buying a lot of merchandise, it's entirely possible that those sales aren't necessarily good in comparison, there might just be even more people buying even more or more expensive things online.

More such anime being made doesn't necessarily have to imply that current ones sell well or enough. However, so many idol projects/anime being started for a female audience is because of UtaPri's anime adaption's success, obviously. Since people continue to buy UtaPri related things, other creators try to produce something similar for the same/similar target group. But it's not like all of them sell well (even if not compared to UtaPri).
About your examples, it's important to know who started the project (IF or someone else), which I don't. The original games that got adapted did sell well (for an otome game), so they probably thought it has potential because of that or because of this sort of setting/worldview/story, so whether the original is an otome game or not might not have been important for the go sign.
By the way, PriSt's anime being made to attract a different group from the original target group shows that the creators thought that the original group alone would not bring enough profit. (Well, I strongly hope this won't happen to yume100...)
The game's sales go back to the creators of the game, not of the anime. And as I said, midnight anime depend mostly on the disc and not merchandise sales. That's exactly why DVDs/Blu-rays have so many other stuff added so people will buy them, but since it's not enough, creators consider crowd funding. Recently, there are also many 2,5 dimensional adaptions (musical and such), however I'm not sure if the creators of the anime benefit from it.
Aug 29, 2016 5:15 PM

Jun 2015
Mayuka said:
Cuky said:
You can easily bypass region lock on Android!

I Just googled how and just started it :D I cant wait to see how fun it is!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 3 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
26 seconds ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
2 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
6 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.