Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 25, 2016 4:51 AM
Jul 2014
Fai said:
Mirality said:
Damn, that's a heavy choice. Even if the PV did give away which way she'll go. It'll certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.

Technically its two not three.

1 Miyu
1/2 Illya
1/2 Chloe.

True. I did think about making that distinction but other than lower mana output in combat it's unclear how Illya and Chloe being separate affects their Grail status. Chloe was still able to trigger a Grail wish on her own after all.
Aug 25, 2016 4:59 AM

Jun 2013
So Illya, after fighting with Rin and Luvia and then getting torn apart, literally, gets her body back. And then she fights Angelica, Luvia and Rin. That's pretty unfair since she's just one loli against three bishoujos.

And they discover the reason behind the Ainsworths wanting the Holy Grail. They want to save this dying parallel world and the Holy Grail will do that for them. Their story has some truth since obviously this parallel world doesn't look normal and Gil is also telling the same story. In this world, the Ainsworths are becoming the heroes and Illya and friends opposing them are the villains. Illya and friends are given a difficult choice to make – they either save Miyu and let the world die, or they don't save Miyu and let the Ainsworths fix the world. These are the only choices because there's really nothing else that can be done. They don't have another Holy Grail to give them since Illya isn't the Grail (or she could give herself up) and the one in the mountains was used up with Gil reincarnating. The world really is dying but whether the Ainsworths are really planning on saving the world is questionable because obviously Darius doesn't look like he is planning on becoming a hero.

Based on this story, Tanaka could be the ones responsible for the state this world is in. But that's a bit unlikely so Tanaka could be part of some other strong magic family who knows that the Ainsworths are upto no good and they want to stop them. But then what will happen about this dying world then? They would then probably have some alternative method.

Another thing was that Illya was pissed at the Ainsworths for treating humans like tools – Miyu is no more than a tool and Illya was also being treated the same. But then Angelica brought up a pretty good point. They were using humans like tools to reach their goals, but isn't Illya doing the same thing by using those heroic spirits to achieve her goal? She was using Saber and the other spirits as tools without their consent even though they were once humans too. With this, and with their supposed mission to save the world being told, Illya is being forced to question her actions as to whether she's doing the right thing or not, whether she really is a good guy or if there's no difference between her and the bad guys. This is interesting.

Based on the next episode preview, Illya will cosplay as a cute assassin and she will have second thoughts about saving Miyu but Kuro will be determined to save Miyu no matter what probably because "f*** this world". Now all that will be left after the next episode would be for Illya to cosplay as berserker, although, based on the cosplaying so far in this series, I wonder how they would make berserker Illya cute. They can't beat the sexiness of caster Illya, that's for sure. Interesting. The other stuff is interesting too...
Aug 25, 2016 5:00 AM

Aug 2010
Vhailor said:

I think I'll watch UBW for the time being and read the visual novel sometime later. Thanks for the heads up.

Anytime, mate :)

Although, if you don't mind going through the VN in the first place or if i you were even a little bit interested in that world, i HIGHLY recommend doing that first.
Starting with the anime is only recommended if VNs are just not your thing and you just prefer getting the inferior easy experience than reading a visual novel, no matter how much deeper and better that VN could be.
astroprogsAug 25, 2016 5:21 AM
Aug 25, 2016 5:20 AM

Sep 2015
Pacing was a little weird in this episode, first half was really slow... but I enjoyed second half a lot ! I'm so hyped for next week

Hope everything will be fine for Miyu, she doesn't have much screentime this season so I don't wan't her to die. But well I'm sure Illya will save her, she must protect her harem after all hehe
Aug 25, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
the fight was funny and damn what a twist
Aug 25, 2016 3:21 PM
Jul 2011
Yamada2 said:

Based on the next episode preview, Illya will cosplay as a cute assassin and she will have second thoughts about saving Miyu but Kuro will be determined to save Miyu no matter what probably because "f*** this world". Now all that will be left after the next episode would be for Illya to cosplay as berserker, although, based on the cosplaying so far in this series, I wonder how they would make berserker Illya cute. They can't beat the sexiness of caster Illya, that's for sure. Interesting. The other stuff is interesting too...

Pretty sure Illya can wear anything and look cute. Someone did do a drawing of how they suppose she could look though.
Aug 25, 2016 8:42 PM

Jan 2012
if I was the protagonist in this one... the world is fucked!

LOLI > WORLD
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 26, 2016 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
They will probably shorten some things here and there in the next episodes, but I didn't hoped from the start that they would fit 29 chapters into a 10-12 episodes anyway. I'll just hope that they will end this season up till that part, that's all.
Aug 26, 2016 11:36 AM
Jun 2013
maybe they'll turn 3rei into a 3 cour show at 12/10/10 or something (which would be kinda ironic, given the first season had one and the second season had 2 seasons).
Aug 26, 2016 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
And now we get to see Illya face a classic moral conundrum.

Fleckens said:
Pretty sure Illya can wear anything and look cute. Someone did do a drawing of how they suppose she could look though.
Reminds me of Assassin of Black.
Aug 27, 2016 2:07 PM

Jun 2009
Illya fighting while being a plush toy was pretty funny. xD The ending of the episode really reminded me of the main series.
Aug 28, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2016
Oh boy Illya gonna sacrifice Miyu
(I dont want this !!!)
Aug 28, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
Would it be a reasonable guess to hope that next ep
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Aug 28, 2016 8:24 PM
Jul 2011
gust11 said:

No we definitely won't get to that point in next episode. It will most likely end on
What you mentioned might be cliffhanger on episode 10 though.
Aug 28, 2016 9:49 PM

Jul 2007
gust11 said:

There's absolutely no way to rush next episode up to that point.
Aug 29, 2016 4:45 AM

Oct 2012
Fleckens said:
gust11 said:

No we definitely won't get to that point in next episode. It will most likely end on
What you mentioned might be cliffhanger on episode 10 though.
Fai said:
gust11 said:

There's absolutely no way to rush next episode up to that point.
I see, thanks both of you
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Aug 29, 2016 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
Parallel world of Miyu is actually getting doomed!
Illya really had a hard time fighting in that stuffed toy!
3 on 1 doesn't look good for Illya.
4/5.

Sep 7, 2016 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
That choice Illya had to make reminds me of the game Life is Strange...
Sep 14, 2016 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that brings the action but mainly by way of explaining in what consists the reasons behind the enemy(?) To act on the whole is fascinating to follow. The OST, remains one of the most valuable elements of this anime series.
Nov 3, 2016 9:06 PM

Nov 2013
How Illya returned to her own body was badass. I'm sure she needs a therapy after all that parallel world shit.

No, Illya, you're right. You used that power, but only to clean up the mess, that the Ainsworths caused. Also while hurting others is bad, self-defense is not.

Their world is dying? That doesn't change the fact, that they attacked first and made Illya and the others their enemies, not the other way around. Also, I wouldn't be surprised, if they caused this themselves.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 11, 2016 5:07 AM

Apr 2011
Screw that world. Save Miyu!
Sep 25, 2017 6:21 AM

Jun 2017
I love that this episode shows you that Sapphire also hates Rin and Luvia. Hilarious - it's funnier than when Ruby talks crap about them and insults them. Also, a "hero of justice" doesn't kill an innocent person against their will to do the saving, lol. That's a weak argument, very weak. You don't see Naruto or Luffy murdering someone in the name of saving someone else unless that person is already an aggressor.
Alpha-MethylSep 25, 2017 6:40 AM
Dec 5, 2017 5:28 AM

Sep 2012
save one or save the world
sry neither of the 2 suite me so i make a 3th option SO FK U :)
i hope she says that

i can see friction on her group coming up like she chooses Miyu & Kuro & others chose world or something like that
Dec 23, 2017 10:06 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!!

Lol at the doll Miyu. Though she seems a better aim than her old self XD

What a twist! Will it be Miyu or Za Warudo???
Apr 19, 2018 1:12 PM

Apr 2013
Villains? Justice? Ridiculous! And it seems like Illya will be blended by those words.
"Evil? Righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!" - Donquixote Doflamingo
Sep 11, 2018 1:19 PM
May 2017
Illya is back. How will she get out of this situation?
May 18, 2019 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
Dat cut. Luvia oppai.
Illya has her body back.
Champions of Justice?
World Salvation?
The world is ending.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 23, 2019 2:22 AM

Dec 2018
Well, Angelica should've use that spatial magic earlier when fighting Gilgamesh, she seems to be underestimating Gilgamesh.

How grandiose of Ainsworth to try to save the world. Unfortunately the fact that they could've sacrifice their own family but instead they sarifice other's family prove that selfish desires still lies within them. And Darius psychotic personality doesn't help to represent their goals. Unless of course, if there's something special about Miyu.

Speaking of psychotic, the only 1 that seems not psychotic is Angelica, and I guess she had dilemma in that family, not to mention she just stay quiet when Darius is 'torturing' Miyu.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Oct 31, 2020 1:44 AM

Oct 2007
Illya looks amazing in Sapphire costume.

so that world is in danger of collapsing.. the plot thickens.
Dec 19, 2020 1:57 AM

Feb 2019
Wow, things escalated real quick!!!
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Dec 23, 2020 1:21 AM

Mar 2018
Holy shit! That was amazing! The world or Miyu? That question reminds me of the
route.
Josuke99Dec 23, 2020 1:59 AM
Jan 24, 2023 3:21 AM

Feb 2020
goodness

pantsu pantsu mm rin's thighs

ba-boing

ba-boing-boing

also i'd always choose Waifu>some random bozo world
they can all die for all I care, or swap worlds and live in another one lmao
DoisacChopperJan 24, 2023 3:30 AM

Nov 15, 2023 2:19 AM
Jul 2023
Really neat at the end
- aw, no more teddy arc
- She has her body back, and is using miyu's clothes since shes holding saphire, interesting
- So, the worlds mana is drying up and Miyu is being used as a holy grail to stop it and save the world? Sounds like the Einsworths are the good guys here (nice touch calling them "Heroes of Justice", like Kuritsugu since he would sacrifice one for the greater number.
- I guess it's time for Illya to prove shes not like her father
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.