Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 2016 5:28 PM

Aug 2008
read it but i agree with ivisire, should allow webtoons after 2 years+ of publishing, especially with a bunch of us requesting it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Feb 2014
I will participate in keeping this zombie thread going by voicing my appreciation for this title... Just started it, but I think its enjoyable with a neat concept. My 2p.
Aug 7, 2016 2:57 AM
Jun 2015
e. Digital Media
if electronically distributed by a company known for publishing digital manga (ex. GanGan Online).
New Candies:

Old Candies:
Aug 14, 2016 5:12 PM
Nov 2014
I've decided to switch from Anilist to Mal. And to my surprise, the gamer isn't even on the database. To my surprise again, it's because they won't add it on a matter of principle. How dumb is that. What's the point of setting rules that are only going to hold you back. Just simply allow this to be added. It's unreasonable not to.
Aug 16, 2016 8:03 PM

Feb 2015
yourface32 said:
I've decided to switch from Anilist to Mal. And to my surprise, the gamer isn't even on the database. To my surprise again, it's because they won't add it on a matter of principle. How dumb is that. What's the point of setting rules that are only going to hold you back. Just simply allow this to be added. It's unreasonable not to.

ikr, just stay on anlist, it makes so much more sense and is a lot more reasonable with its rules. not only that but they recently did a massive update less than a week ago. i'm so glad i found them recently.
Aug 20, 2016 7:53 AM
Nov 2014
TomDay said:
ikr, just stay on anlist, it makes so much more sense and is a lot more reasonable with its rules. not only that but they recently did a massive update less than a week ago. i'm so glad i found them recently.

Yeh, I switched back to anilist whilst I was swapping over all my anime data. Because they decided to not add a re-airing with extra footage of psycho pass onto their database becuase of their rules. So I had enough tbh and switched back.
Aug 20, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
yourface32 said:

Yeh, I switched back to anilist whilst I was swapping over all my anime data. Because they decided to not add a re-airing with extra footage of psycho pass onto their database becuase of their rules. So I had enough tbh and switched back.

yeah dude i was seriously considering going to anilist when i found it, but i don't like to leave dead accounts so here i am. good for you, though, don't waste your time with this severely outdated site.
Aug 20, 2016 3:45 PM

Sep 2009
I concur that maybe the site needs a bit of reforming;

Staying on Topic, however, I do enjoy the title as well, nevertheless having it started just recently! ^_^
xoxo
Aug 25, 2016 4:13 AM

Jun 2009
JayArcher said:
While I can understand the desire to being able to keep track of things you like, the simple fact is that there are literally thousands, if not tens of thousands, of unpublished web manga, manwha and manhua. If MAL allowed them in, it would literally double the amount of entries in the database and the mods can barely keep up with what is going in now. The sheer logistics of trying to enter the data is mind boggling. Therefore, the only reasonable thing to do to keep the site running is to set limits and thus the manga guidelines, such as requiring a physical publication for webtoons, were born.

This is literally the stupidest reason yet. They just have to let more people moderate, and the database can handle this. It’s most likely hosted at a webhosting company. So the only thing that happens is they have to pay more, but more entries also mean more people will use the site. so those advertisement views will make up for the losses.

Like i said in the ToG thread, admins/moderaters dont give a ***** about their users.
Aug 25, 2016 5:59 AM

Jun 2015
h4ff said:
JayArcher said:
While I can understand the desire to being able to keep track of things you like, the simple fact is that there are literally thousands, if not tens of thousands, of unpublished web manga, manwha and manhua. If MAL allowed them in, it would literally double the amount of entries in the database and the mods can barely keep up with what is going in now. The sheer logistics of trying to enter the data is mind boggling. Therefore, the only reasonable thing to do to keep the site running is to set limits and thus the manga guidelines, such as requiring a physical publication for webtoons, were born.

This is literally the stupidest reason yet. They just have to let more people moderate, and the database can handle this. It’s most likely hosted at a webhosting company. So the only thing that happens is they have to pay more, but more entries also mean more people will use the site. so those advertisement views will make up for the losses.

Like i said in the ToG thread, admins/moderaters dont give a ***** about their users.

Mods take some time to train, plus more mods aren't necessarily a good thing.

There have been instances in the past where a mod's account was compromised and the database was altered.
More mods=more targets for phishing.
Jan 6, 2017 7:16 PM

Mar 2015
why you guys not try become mods than always complaining? i believe mal will allow it, if they have enough people to maintance it... just with current rule, the backlog for manga already 2 mounth usually...

mal is nice the way it is, sure it can be better, but it's understable why they can't...

OT:
what is this?

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 10, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2011
Shame we don't have it on MAL. Internet manga/manhwa or not, its a still manga/manhwa. People reading it the same way they read other manga. So i think it should be on MAL. This site is all about keeping score of what manga we reading or anime watching
Mar 10, 2017 11:25 PM

Feb 2015
sajber said:
Shame we don't have it on MAL. Internet manga/manhwa or not, its a still manga/manhwa. People reading it the same way they read other manga. So i think it should be on MAL. This site is all about keeping score of what manga we reading or anime watching

MAL is not just how you described it. There are rules you have to follow in order to add stuff like manwha/manhua, one being I think it should be printed in a physical form.
Mar 11, 2017 1:55 PM

Jun 2011
I know that's a rule. But im saying that its still manga/manhwa, printed or not, people reading it the same way they reading others. And its the same as others.
Apr 6, 2017 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
Out of curiosity, why is it a rule that it absolutely has to be released in physical format?
Jul 25, 2017 7:07 AM
Mar 2014

It's personal, November already.
Any better answers?
It has already been published for some years.
Jul 27, 2017 9:46 PM

Mar 2015
L0bsterman said:
Out of curiosity, why is it a rule that it absolutely has to be released in physical format?

professionally published mean it has to be printed by reputable company for sell in japan/chinese/korean market...

it does outdated IMHO, but as long the databse rule it self doesn't change, i doubt it will allowed..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 16, 2017 2:05 PM

Feb 2016
Kuma said:

OT:
what is this?

The moderators have to see this. I hope The Gamer will be added to MAL...
May 27, 2018 10:08 AM

Jan 2017
Still not on MAL?
ITS 2018 :/
Sep 15, 2018 10:42 PM

Feb 2015
Ahmad_o said:
Still not on MAL?
ITS 2018 :/

well it still isn't in book version so, it doesn't matter what year. the rules have to be changed eventually though, of course.
Feb 28, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2008
I see this limit is nonsense so, anybody knows a better website to create a list of manga without that database limits?

I follow also manga made from English and Spanish people, some have been published but some others are webtoons. I wanted to add some popular manhwa to my list and maybe manhua, but it is not possible.

DICE: The Cube that Changes Everything
The Gamer

It's a shame. Will change MAL that silly rule in the future?, I don't think so.
Feb 28, 2019 8:31 AM

Nov 2012
jusore said:
I see this limit is nonsense so, anybody knows a better website to create a list of manga without that database limits?

anime-palnet
anilist
There are also non-English analogues of MAL. And they are developing dynamically, unlike MAL.

I don't want to go out from MAL, but what is happening in the manga DB now, it's a shame.
Feb 28, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2008
I'll check that websites, thank you for the suggestions.

Media lists should works like a network, so we don't need to create a new list into different databases, but our own computer list that create a synchronization between them all.
Feb 28, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2015
jusore said:

I follow also manga made from English and Spanish people, some have been published but some others are webtoons. I wanted to add some popular manhwa to my list and maybe manhua, but it is not possible.

DICE: The Cube that Changes Everything
The Gamer

I recommend Anime-Planet, but they don't add hentai into the database if that's what you're into.
May 25, 2019 9:44 PM
May 2019
2019 and still not on MAL

Edit: "This manga is pending approval."
https://myanimelist.net/manga/118818/The_Gamer
ShiIeokiMay 26, 2019 8:18 AM
Oct 15, 2019 4:54 PM
Aug 2018
jusore said:

Good idea, where can we submit things for rule change? AND YES< I HAVE READ THE WHOLE THREAD, the thing that MAL doesnt have enough space for some things is(not completely, i understand their point) kinda stupid, i mean, its 2k19 and the database has to have had some major expansions.... Anyway, where do i submit for that rule change that has been in the way?
Oct 16, 2019 11:54 PM

Feb 2015
RKMiateri said:
jusore said:

Good idea, where can we submit things for rule change? [...] Anyway, where do i submit for that rule change that has been in the way?

Nowhere. Submitting suggestions isn't a thing.
You can post a message / make a thread on the suggestion board and if the mods and whatnot will approve of the idea, they will say a word to higher ups. After that is done, whatever it will actually be implemented and how long we'd need to wait for it is another thing that none of us can really affect.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Oct 17, 2019 7:44 AM

Jan 2018
It would be great if someone made databases dedicated to anything east asian webtoons though.
Jan 2, 2020 5:11 PM
Aug 2017
Kruzy said:
323kiki said:
guys, its 2015, can we add it now? it is becoming more known

Come back in 2020 when we'll be adding stuff just because they're known.

Welp, it's 2020. You wanna remove that comment?
Mar 4, 2020 11:25 PM
Nov 2016
Kruzy said:
323kiki said:
guys, its 2015, can we add it now? it is becoming more known

Come back in 2020 when we'll be adding stuff just because they're known.

Man it's 2020 now, why isn't it added yet?
Mar 5, 2020 2:57 PM
Mar 2018
A website of this size should be able to maintain a big database, it's already 2020

they are not simply giving the same recognition/visibility to every creator and this is unfair
Oct 4, 2020 4:45 PM
Jan 2014
answering my own question years later '.' the character known in The Gamer as Harem King is most likely the MC of Life Howling by the same author
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7686 by Barbaduk »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

130 by Barbaduk »»
Apr 22, 10:28 AM

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Apr 19

0 by Uutama »»
Apr 19, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Apr 18, 7:52 PM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.