Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2014 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Since I love Eiji Mikage's Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, I was really happy to find out he has another work, however sadly I found no translation of it.
Is there anyone willing to translate this? The raws are available in the internet so that shouldn't be the problem. Forgive me if I'm bothering you translators out there, but if you have the time and motivation to translate it I would greatly appreciate it, and I think many others would do so as well.
May 20, 2016 8:10 PM

Mar 2016
I second that statement --
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2016 8:21 PM

Apr 2013
It isn't F-Rank no Boukun, but the Kamisu Reina Seres has been fully translated on Baka-Tsuki and is in .PDF format. I recommend picking it up if you haven't.

On the topic of untranslated Eiji Mikage novels, I personally want to see Bokura wa Doko ni Hirakanai translated. It was his first-ever light novel, released way back in 2005. If I remember correctly, this work was on the verge of winning the Dengeki Bunko award, but didn't get it. However, it was published as a result.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/90371/Bokura_wa_Doko_ni_mo_Hirakanai

http://myanimelist.net/manga/67777/Kamisu_Reina_Series?q=kamisu%20reina

Jun 25, 2016 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
Bro, we just need to learn Japanese :(
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Aug 5, 2016 2:38 PM
May 2015
Any news about this? Or about any other project from this author besides Hakomari and Kamisu Reina? I m dieing for something like Hakomari but i cant find anything like it.

That aside, is it possible that this or the other works of him wont get translated?
Aug 21, 2016 8:27 PM

Jun 2015
Defan has picked this series up, you can read chapter 1 here: https://defan752.wordpress.com/f-rank-no-boukun/f-rank-no-boukun-volume-1-chapter-1/
Aug 22, 2016 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
Great news, but I actually hoped anyone would continue tsukumodo's translation which has been dead and since it gives me those hakomari vibes.

Anyway, I heard this has two volumes released and vol 2 ends in a cliffhanger, so...
Oct 5, 2016 12:02 AM
Mar 2016
You guys can read the chinese translations if you want to.
May 24, 2017 4:59 AM

Apr 2013
Frostbytes said:
Great news, but I actually hoped anyone would continue tsukumodo's translation which has been dead and since it gives me those hakomari vibes.

Anyway, I heard this has two volumes released and vol 2 ends in a cliffhanger, so...

Well, EEE picked up Tsukumodo, so there's that.
May 24, 2017 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
Fall said:
Frostbytes said:

It's not EEE who picked it up back again, it's erebea of nanodesu translations who picked it up as a side project
May 24, 2017 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
Frostbytes said:
Fall said:

It's not EEE who picked it up back again, it's erebea of nanodesu translations who picked it up as a side project
Oh, that's true. I knew somebody picked it up again recently, but I guess EEE was the original translator who ended up going inactive, rather than the who picked it up.
Mar 7, 2018 9:49 AM

Dec 2016
From what I've found on the net, the series is axed as of December 2017. Now, I used translator so it was hard to figure out how it happened exactly, but from what I understood the author didn't relase third volume fast enough back in 2013/2014 and the contract was terminated. He tried to find another publisher in December 2017 but got no response. The reason is most likely because it's been 4 years since last volume and since only two were released before, it's not really well known. The sales of first two volumes, while not bad (one made it to the Oricon's list), weren't anything special either, so no publisher was willing to take the risk. So with all that in mind, I believe the series have been officially dropped with no plans to come back to it. If anyone knows Japanese and is willing to confirm, here's the author's twitter:

https://twitter.com/mikage_eiji

Look at tweets from around November and December 2017.

There's also this site with relevant tweets and comments commenting on the situation:

https://www.matolabel.net/archives/70063627.html

On another note, I think the author started a new project in December that is yet to be announced.
Mar 11, 2018 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
readher said:

On another note, I think the author started a new project in December that is yet to be announced.

It has in fact been axed by Kadokawa. Another reason to hate them :3 Eiji Mikage just released a new novel back in November and is working on something unannounced at the moment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » F-Rank no Boukun Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

1 by patcan3609 »»
Oct 5, 2016 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.