Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 20, 2016 8:56 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Chika, she had been holding it inside her all the while, she must be the one who was most hurt seeing that big fat ZERO in the result sheet.

Aug 20, 2016 9:12 PM

Aug 2008
You bet your idol ass I'll be coppin Saint Snow's single when it drops on iTunes. Can't wait for the mixtape because it was FIRE

And my heart sank many times this episode. With Aquors getting a 0 and Kanan rejecting Mari.
Aug 20, 2016 9:41 PM
Dec 2013
is it just me or Yohane's voice became Chika's voice this part?

Aug 20, 2016 10:31 PM
Jul 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
Somehow Saint Snow's performance reminded me of Baby Metal....

Ironic since the VA for Ria and Babymetal come from the same idol group, Sakura Gakuin.
Aug 20, 2016 10:57 PM

Jan 2014
The real reason ~~

Music speaks to people's hearts. All throughout the world. I believe it's a powerfull language.
Aug 21, 2016 12:39 AM

May 2010
paganpoor said:
L-Ryoshi said:
Somehow Saint Snow's performance reminded me of Baby Metal....

Ironic since the VA for Ria and Babymetal come from the same idol group, Sakura Gakuin.

it also reminds me of babymetal, but what do you mean Babymetal have VA when they are a band? dont get it..
anyway this episode is fine, i feel like Dia is soon joining the group then Mari will join if Kanan join >.>
meowskieAug 21, 2016 12:43 AM
Aug 21, 2016 4:51 AM

Sep 2014
the 8th episode was so frustrating for me >< and that gay drama between 3rd years seems to be never end, by the way I liked episode so much!

I hope the next song will be really Step ZERO to ONE, and with full Aqours members
Aug 21, 2016 5:08 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode.

Saint Snow turned in a good performance.

So many feels!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 21, 2016 6:49 AM
Jun 2016
Luke72 said:
Side note: those Zara's are starting to annoy me a little

I won't lie, I'm not too fond of them either. But I'd take it over "nya" any day of the week.
Aug 21, 2016 7:20 AM
Jul 2010
hellion13 said:
paganpoor said:

it also reminds me of babymetal, but what do you mean Babymetal have VA when they are a band? dont get it..

The actual members of Babymetal and the VA for Ria come from Sakura Gakuin.
Aug 21, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty unexpected, at least for me.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 21, 2016 8:24 AM

Aug 2014
I really feel like this should be a 2 season show like the original Love Live. They have 5 episodes to recruit the 3rd years and also be good enough to get to Love Live and save the school.

Also this episode was incredibly sad but well done since it made me feel something in my cold dead heart.

One final point. It has taken considerably longer than I thought it would before they managed to get a full team (it could have been like that in the original Love Live but I haven't watched that in ages so I can't remember that well)
Get your shit straight Brenda
Aug 21, 2016 8:35 AM
Oct 2014
Walowizard said:
I really feel like this should be a 2 season show like the original Love Live. They have 5 episodes to recruit the 3rd years and also be good enough to get to Love Live and save the school.

Also this episode was incredibly sad but well done since it made me feel something in my cold dead heart.

One final point. It has taken considerably longer than I thought it would before they managed to get a full team (it could have been like that in the original Love Live but I haven't watched that in ages so I can't remember that well)

By this time Love Live, Eli has caved in and joined Muse to great choruses of hallelujahs. Ironically, Dia performs the nasty post-morterm for Muse, as gently as she can, an interesting parallel in some ways to Eli going drill sergeant nasty on the club in the original episode 8. Of course, Kanan is the big outside context problem of Sunshine.

This is how the third year drama we have right now would look like if we substitute Muse characters into it. Nozomi would be moving things behind the scene to encourage disbandment to avoid her juniors from being hurt further. Eli would be doing her best to push the Idol Club forward, would try to reconcile with Nozomi.... only for Nozomi to cruelly ignore her outstretch arms, tell Eli to stop things before more people get's hurt, and leave Eli in tears. Meanwhile Nico would be student council president, and also delivering a gentle post-morterm telling Aqours where they stand and why the odds are against them and why they failed, while gently comforting her younger sister. Yes I am aware - Kanan does not equal Nozomi clone, Mari is no Eli nor Nozomi, and Dia is sometimes compared to Eli, and sometimes to Nico.

And since none of this ever happened to Muse and it probably sounds crazy for this scenario to happen to Muse and among the third years, I think it's clear that Episode 8 of Sunshine is an episode with no clear parallels to the original Love Live, though I'm sure someone would point out about Episode 13 of the original Love Live as a possible counter-example. In the same way Episode 5, Yohane's episode could be analogous to any episode in the original Love Live.
novalysisAug 21, 2016 8:39 AM
Aug 21, 2016 8:42 AM

Jun 2014
This is definitely a step in the right direction. Best episode yet.
Aug 21, 2016 8:51 AM
Dec 2012
The song St.Snow sung was actually better than I expected I will give them that (Not as great as Strawberry Trapper though xD). Holy sh*t!!! Zero people!? Are you fking kidding me??? I nearly choked on my drink seeing that, wth man? Did they slip during the performance? I call it now that the results are rigged! This is some bulllsh*t!! Oh, so the whole story of the third years has been unfold, they can't sing at the big stage and they dissolved the group afterwards. They sure received quite a lot of criticize for that. Still sad seeing Kanan being so cold to Mari, while she is the one that get her into this mess in the first place. Dia and Kanan given up but Mari still not willing to give up on the group. Little Kanan is so adorable! Now, Chika can also control the weather like Honoka did? What sorcery is this?
Aug 21, 2016 2:25 PM

Mar 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Would be more interesting if they all just gave up on being school idols and the anime became a yuri show instead

#bestplottwist
Obviously you don't care about this stuff, but what the hell I might as well.

Do you even realise how stupid that suggestion is? The reason people watch these shows isn't to see these happy go lucky girls get punched in the gut. They watch it because they want to see them learn from those experiences, overcome those obstacles and eventually achieve their goal.

The sort of show you just described would be an absolute trainwreck. Lulling you into a false sense of security, punching you in the gut only to suddenly turn into a stupid meme comedy series about lesbians? I don't care if you're joking, that is an awful idea on just about every level.

Not only would a show like that deeply disappoint me and many others, but it's a surefire way to lose tens of thousands of Blu-Ray sales.
Aug 21, 2016 2:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
SeibaaHomu said:
HaXXspetten said:
Would be more interesting if they all just gave up on being school idols and the anime became a yuri show instead

#bestplottwist
Obviously you don't care about this stuff, but what the hell I might as well.

Do you even realise how stupid that suggestion is? The reason people watch these shows isn't to see these happy go lucky girls get punched in the gut. They watch it because they want to see them learn from those experiences, overcome those obstacles and eventually achieve their goal.

The sort of show you just described would be an absolute trainwreck. Lulling you into a false sense of security, punching you in the gut only to suddenly turn into a stupid meme comedy series about lesbians? I don't care if you're joking, that is an awful idea on just about every level.

Not only would a show like that deeply disappoint me and many others, but it's a surefire way to lose tens of thousands of Blu-Ray sales.
Ehm.. well.. uhh... you really didn't need to take it seriously >___>
Aug 21, 2016 4:56 PM

Apr 2016
Though Aqours lost, I still kinda want to see their performance... too bad it wasn't shown.
As for Saint Snow's performance, it was vocally good but I don't like the facial expressions though. It's good that they are not the #1 in that event coz I felt that it wasn't as good as I heard A-Rise sang for the first time. My opinion.
That ZERO votes is quite heartbreaking though. Chika is a strong girl. Time to bounce back.
I wonder how many episodes will this be... Will they do 2 seasons with 12 ep each or a 24 episode series. :)
Aug 21, 2016 6:10 PM

Aug 2008
Can we all just take one moment....just one moment.

Aug 22, 2016 4:47 AM
May 2013
Anyone knows the title of the Saint Snow song? I really like it tbh.
Aug 22, 2016 4:56 AM

Feb 2016
Loved the scene at the end with Chika and Riko. The moment got ruined though when the other members popped up out of nowhere, it made me cringe.
Aug 22, 2016 4:58 AM

Mar 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Ehm.. well.. uhh... you really didn't need to take it seriously >___>
I'm just saying, even as a joke I can't get on board with that. And I'm pretty deep in yuri hell.

Liesianthes said:
Anyone knows the title of the Saint Snow song? I really like it tbh.
Self Control
Aug 22, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2009
Honestly both u's and aqours have songs that are just plain and boring compared to a-rise and st.snow it's no wonder they don't ever win at first.
Aug 22, 2016 6:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I like the diversity in idol music, always welcome heavy metal of sorts. Muse really set the bar real high. I thought Saint Snow did very well and yet they only managed to get 9th place while Aquors got ZERO votes. Chika better not have thought they were going to waltz into the competition and expected 10th place or better. Being an idol requires hard work and dedication. It's sad to see Chika cry but at least she understands that being an idol isn't going to be a simple task.

Kanan straight up rejecting Mari, this girl will probably be the hardest to recruit. Sort of makes me wonder how the group is going to recruit her. Kanan seems to be very firm in her decision to not be an idol.

Aug 23, 2016 1:07 AM

May 2010
paganpoor said:
members of Babymetal and the VA for Ria come from Sakura Gakuin.

oh sorry didnt know that Babymetal is a sub-unit xD
Aug 23, 2016 1:41 AM
Jun 2016
LovelyHikari said:
Kanan straight up rejecting Mari, this girl will probably be the hardest to recruit. Sort of makes me wonder how the group is going to recruit her. Kanan seems to be very firm in her decision to not be an idol.

Nah not really, you can tell she wants to be one, she's just scared of freezing up and failing again.
Aug 23, 2016 5:25 AM

Dec 2009
Wao, i didn't expect Saint Snow to do that... Why didn't Ria do her acrobatics for the song??

Though i guess the idea is saving it for a reveal down the road, rather than busting trump cards early.

destructo22 said:
Can we all just take one moment....just one moment.
That might've worked if it wasn't fake.
GenesisAriaAug 23, 2016 5:42 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 23, 2016 7:46 PM

Jul 2015
"Oh boy, ya'll gonna screw up your first performance?" was what I first thought, but I still felt a little tense, but oh wow, a perfect zero, they must have sucked. Was also wondering when the tears would start pouring, but they held on pretty strong for a bit there. Anyway, Saint Snow's performance was... different from what I expected, but strangely good. Now lets hope nobody gets a cold from standing in the rain, and in the ocean at the same time.

Also, I keep noticing that one child who points at the fallen angel girl, whose mom then tells her not to look. I know it's happened a couple times so far. Another thing I noticed based on a tumblr post, the third years really are just in a yuri filled drama. It's not joke.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 24, 2016 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
Aquors was totally wrecked just like the 3rd years also in Tokyo!
Even though Aquors got 0 votes, they still sang, the 3rd years wasn't able to sang because they were overwhelmed of the other better groups. Looks like Saint Snow did a poor job in overwhelming Aquors to the point where they could not sing. But at least Aquors still has an accomplishment on singing!
Even Saint Snow didn't even rank! that's how different School Idol is right now with a total of 7,236 different groups (that was just last year)! that many figures clearly tells them that School Idols are not just a game! its a gamble!
The performance of Saint Snow for me is already a thumbs-up for me! Really well done even if they are just 2 members. (but 9th place and they still didn't even ranked!? its still top 10 so why? is ranking only considered for the top 3 only!?)
That right! Never give-up! Never quit! just like (naruto) LOLZ!
Chika never cried in front of the other girls but deep inside She's really really frustrated! and wants to cry the most. It's alright Chika-chan! let it all out! your frustrations! its better rather than keeping it inside.
5/5.
matias067Aug 24, 2016 12:31 AM

Aug 24, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2008
Love Live is like one of these US casting shows where everyone forget them in 2 years.

Haha

PS.:
The drama was pointless. I wonder how they will fix the girls in 4-5 episodes when all they do is copy (and being a add) of muse.
Aug 24, 2016 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
Saint Snow's performance > All of Aquors' and Muse's performances
Saint Snow was ranked better because they couldn't transform into ugly 3DCG when dancing.
#triggered
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 24, 2016 6:30 PM
Aug 2016
Hello guys, I'm Fauzan. I'm new here in this forum. It is nice to be with amongst of group that likes Love Live like this. I want to give 1 opinion and 1 question in this post.

After some episodes I watched, this episode could be the best than previous episodes. I got the feels in every single time and every single scenario I saw it. Probably this could be one of the evidence that LLSS is way much different than its predecessor for my opinion.

By the way, I'm still wondering where Chika's mom is. You know, there are only three person living on Chika's inn. They are Chika's elter sisters. If somebody knows the answer, I'll be happy to know it.

Thank you so much of having me in this forum. I'll be waiting your guys' answer. Bye...
Aug 24, 2016 7:04 PM
Aug 2016
Hello guys. I'm Fauzan. I'm new here in this forum. Nice to meet you guys. It's so nice to be here amongst you who talk about LLSS. I want to give 1 opinion and 1 question about this episode.

First is my opinion. I really lo e this episode. Comparing to previous episodes I really more fond of this episode. There were so many feels like you guys said before especially in three different occasions: Ruby hugged Dia and cried on her shoulder, Mari and Kanan; when Mari tried to ask Kanan for a hug, Kanan left Mari and it was so sad for her. Also last but not least Chika's confession to Riko that she was really frustrated because of Aqours' lost and zero-voted result, even though Chika tried to hide and bottle it so hard. Well, so many sad occasions but I think these are some strongest occasions that have strongest feels.

Last one is a question and I guess it's quite hazardous and sensitive question. As far as I saw previous episodes, I saw Chika living with her two elder sisters, right? I'm still wondering about Chika's mom and dad. Like LL season 1 and 2, Honoka lives with her mom and her younger sister while her dad is being busy with his job. My question is: Where is Chika's parent? Well I know it's a private thing and it's really sensitive for somebody to try knowing that thing. If you guys have some opinions about it, or you guys have agreed me that it's her privacy, just let me know about it.

Thank you for reading this post. I'll be happy to know your answers. If there are some things that I want to ask, I surely will come back and give my question to this post. Once again thank you so much.
Aug 26, 2016 12:46 AM
Jun 2016
Fauzan_Muhammad9 said:
Last one is a question and I guess it's quite hazardous and sensitive question. As far as I saw previous episodes, I saw Chika living with her two elder sisters, right? I'm still wondering about Chika's mom and dad. Like LL season 1 and 2, Honoka lives with her mom and her younger sister while her dad is being busy with his job. My question is: Where is Chika's parent? Well I know it's a private thing and it's really sensitive for somebody to try knowing that thing. If you guys have some opinions about it, or you guys have agreed me that it's her privacy, just let me know about it.

I don't find it odd at all. Her sisters seem to be adults and working already so they take care of her while she attends school and her idol activities. Perhaps her parents are deceased or are simply elsewhere.
Aug 26, 2016 6:59 PM

Mar 2009
Fauzan_Muhammad9 said:

Could just be the typical anime thing where anime parents are missing. And nothing more serious than that. Or they're working all the time.

As for the episode, how did they get 0 votes? They must have been downright awful. I see what they trying to do with this episode, but that was overkill. They could have given them a few votes but still landed them in last place. 0 votes lol. Come on...
Aug 27, 2016 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
Finally a performance without horrible CGI in Love Live.
Aug 28, 2016 2:58 AM

Sep 2015
A very fast drama episode and average i guess. Don't fear the failure and stand up again:)

Btw the subs really was bad in this episode.
Aug 28, 2016 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
ST SNOW WERE SO GOOD owo

Also, remember how people were wondering whether any of the girls in Sunshine!! would be as gay as Nozoeli?

Yeah, I think ChikaRiko and KanaMari answered that question here. :P
Aug 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2015
I kind of actually like Saint Snow's one song better than all of the Aqours group songs. Maybe it's the rock-theme in it, it's just better sounding to me and I didn't expect girls who look kind of like Nico to have such deep voices.

But now the song "Step! ZERO to ONE" makes sense, it could be about their votes. "It's not a game!" though.. Uhh.. Hahahaha.. Yeah.. Love Live isn't a game at alll..

I do love how Dia has seemed to soften though, I kind of like her better now. Kanan is such a jerk right now, but Mari seems to be less annoying to me and she might actually be in my top 3 of best girls for Aqours.. Oh how things change around.

I'm glad that there's a struggle now though, it's nice seeing how things have changed from the original Love Live to now.
Aug 30, 2016 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
Character development episode....pretty good imo.
the intro tho...the duo in the intro. their song was damn good imo. that's what i called quality voice xD and i'm suprised that they didn't use CG for the dance. maybe they will neve use CG again in this anime....i hope so.

but it's still cruel that actually no one vote them. literally 0. nothing. i think that is kinda cruel. well, i'm more crueler than the voter cause i laughed when i saw they got no vote at all.

looking foward to the next episode.
Sep 2, 2016 8:26 AM

Sep 2008
This 0 points feels so unrealistic...
C'mon... 30 groups, so many people at the got 0 points?
Group on 29 place got 23 points?
Usually there at last groups with 5-3 votes,
they after all got votes in poll,
that's why they go to Tokyo!

Eh... what I doing I'm looking for logic in anime xD

I feel like the only one who don't liked Saint Snow's performance xD
Not my taste...
They song in shrine was good,
performance was... meh.
Sep 3, 2016 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
^Yeah, pretty unrealistic how they didn't win even a single vote. It's as if all the audience members were some kind of hardened, pipe smoking, top hat wearing "idol critics" that wouldn't stand for any pleb tier performance. Then again, getting a zero has a bigger impact and makes for better drama than some random single digit number.
And damn, that was some good animation during Saint Snow's performance.
Sep 28, 2016 1:03 AM

Jan 2012
^I completely agree with the above comments. When I first saw the jump between 23 and 0, I was like wtf.. too forced and unrealistic. But I guess they have to be cruel on that to force some drama in it.

And come on Saint snow... they ranked last with an unrealistic 0 points, not a word of comfort and just throwing more cold water on them, a bit harsh if you ask me, and that character of theirs is already a failure of becoming an idol (realistically). But obviously this is also just to force more drama in it.
Oct 3, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
Wtf. I completely despise these Saint Snow girls, but the song they performed at the beginning is now my favorite song I've heard in any Love Live thus far... dammit so conflicted lol.
Oct 3, 2016 10:26 PM

Jun 2012
Loved Saint Snow's performance and this was one of the stronger eps. full of feels :)
Jun 9, 2017 6:23 PM
Jul 2016
Holy shit Saint Snow kicked ass! The rock&roll feel was really cool and refreshing. So this was the emotional turning point episode then... Damn it breaks you down before it builds you up with new confidence and reborn mind set to make shit happen the way it suppose to from this day forward.
Oct 3, 2017 12:39 PM

Sep 2014
Aqours: 30th, 0 points
Still better than my country in Eurovision. lol
Oct 9, 2017 12:32 AM

Sep 2016
This was a really good ass episode, shows you how reality kicks us in the face, i had a feeling ruby chans sister was trying to protect them from something like this didn't fully know but now i see. It was a natural reaction to be sad or upset given the results but i also think someone should've prepared them thoroughly for what was to come since its a high stakes professional competition you have to be prepped to not go in and win it all or place top 5 or something, i seen they got 0 votes that was sad to see not even 1 almost like their performance was that bad? idk we never got to see it so i cant speak on it fully and i guess going through this can provide a very good learning experience than just telling them but hey up to the individual tho all in all really good eps my baby mari chan got curved by kanan like that :( she'll come to our side soon enough, looking forward to next eps
Facta Non Verba
Oct 25, 2017 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
The tears are understandable, after all the protagonists are girls full of dreams and without experience, as well as frustration for having had a similar bump. Really well-built script, the narrative was credible from the beginning to the end. Really stunned as Mari, Kanan and Dia, have changed after attending the same show two years earlier.
Nov 7, 2017 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, shit got real.
All the previous episodes, and School Idol Project, were all lovey-dovey, "we're just having fun".
This episode was a middle finger to all that, and I LOVE it.
And the drama is so understandable that it didn't come off as even a little melodramatic.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

165 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.