Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 19, 2016 11:03 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty nice done. A good story well told is a nice surprise in this industry with interesting concepts thrown to trash by a bad story.

Sometimes the conservative is the right way to go. And this series excels at it.
Aug 19, 2016 11:28 PM

Dec 2013
Seems like Fio likes Nero more than Frate.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 20, 2016 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
Looks like he's going for the take everything from Nero approach before he'll kill him.

Fango's slicked back hair just seems funny for some reason.
Aug 20, 2016 12:15 AM

Feb 2016
I don't understand the ending
Aug 20, 2016 12:30 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Avlio is really one cunning guy, They way everything is falling into place for him(rather setting up) feels natural when it's actually contrived. Nero shooting Frate was a prime example for that.

The "I'll let you meet him soon" was a very nice play of words.

So Ronaldo and Frate both died, I kinda feel sorry for Fio, All she wanted was family. Wonder what was written on the note Fio received.

It's actually kinda ironic how Avlio criticizes Nero and Frate for playing and dragging so many lives into their feud when in fact he himself is doing the same for his revenge.

360AttAck said:

I'm assuming that Avlio said he would be Nero's brother in order to make Nero trust him more so that he can set up his revenge on him in a much more painful way. Knowing how devious Avlio is, I wouldn't put it beyond him.
Lelouch0202Aug 20, 2016 1:18 AM
Aug 20, 2016 12:32 AM

Feb 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

Avlio is really one cunning guy, They way everything is falling into place for him(rather setting up) feels natural when it's actually contrived. Nero shooting Frate was a prime example for that.

The "I'll let you meet him soon" was a very nice play of words.

So Ronaldo and Frate both died, I kinda feel sorry for Fio, All she wanted was family. Wonder what was written on the note Fio received.

It's actually kinda ironic how Avlio criticize's Nero and Frate for playing and dragging so many lives into their feud when in fact he himself is doing the same for his revenge.

360AttAck said:

I'm assuming that Avlio said he would be Nero's brother in order to make Nero trust him more so that he can set up his revenge on him in a much more painful way. Knowing how devious Avlio is, I wouldn't put it beyond him.
No I meant that avilio said to frate to shoot nero and nero didn't give a fuck about avilio saying that to frate? And nero ended up shooting frate
Aug 20, 2016 12:38 AM

Jul 2007
Well, this continues to be strongly written and good, even if the world still feels somewhat dull and under-fleshedout. I really wish we saw more of the period stuff that surrounds them and not just the tale of revenge itself.

If we ignore the whacky mexican and human lasagna "so anime" stuff this also remains relatively serious in tone avoiding most of anime tropes. Hell, most of this could literally be a HBO series, it doe snot even shy away from topics of sex like anime usually does.

Either way Avilio is irredeemable. Show has done absolutely nothing to make us understand his motifs or humanize him. He is pretty much a psychopath hellbent on murdering the hell out of that mafia family and causing them suffering. Its pretty clear that the narrative expects us to view Avilio as no better than the people he is taking revenge on. Chances are he will either die by the end of become a new mafia boss, essentially becoming the very thing he hated.
Aug 20, 2016 12:52 AM
Dec 2013
Avilio is sick af. Will he literally do anything for his revenge? I thought he was losing his hatred D:
This animu is just too gud
Aug 20, 2016 12:55 AM

Apr 2012
Damn Avilio is a puppet master

L-Ryoshi said:
Seems like Fio likes Nero more than Frate.

kinda hard not to like Nero over Frate lol
Frate is a little bitch boi with a drug problem

Aug 20, 2016 1:17 AM

Dec 2014
360AttAck said:
Lelouch0202 said:

No I meant that avilio said to frate to shoot nero and nero didn't give a fuck about avilio saying that to frate? And nero ended up shooting frate

He tells Frate to 'just end things already'. I guess he was just making a rhetorical point to Frate asking him to wrap up the whole issue, To Nero it probably looked like he was telling Frate to just leave the family as that's what Nero was telling Frate to do. However Avlio knew that it would end with Frate picking up his gun and in an attempt to kill Nero. He removes the bullets so that he can ensure Nero's victory even if he drew his own weapon late.
Aug 20, 2016 1:43 AM

Jul 2013
The episode was so intense people even forgot Fango's new fabulous hairstyle.
Aug 20, 2016 2:03 AM
May 2013
EVIL is the word. He's dragging countless innocent people's lives into his revenge scheme. MC must die at the end, that's my best guess.
Aug 20, 2016 2:18 AM
Mar 2016
feel like everything going too smoothly for Angelo tho, nvm but I like it so 4/5 :S
Aug 20, 2016 2:33 AM

Jun 2015
Alvoso said:
imo this show is pretty overrated

So because people like something you don't, it's overrated? Ok.

OT: This episode was decent, got to feel bad for Fio though, getting caught up in all these gang wars when all she wants is to be able to live happily with her family. Avilio did some good manipulation this episode, 'twas fun to watch.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Aug 20, 2016 3:01 AM
Jan 2015
DMoC said:
Alvoso said:

of course. why else would anyone call anything overrated?
Aug 20, 2016 3:18 AM

Jul 2012
Shit got pretty real. I think I need to re-watch the show though because I still don't know who half the characters and families are though :v
Aug 20, 2016 3:21 AM

Feb 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
360AttAck said:

He tells Frate to 'just end things already'. I guess he was just making a rhetorical point to Frate asking him to wrap up the whole issue, To Nero it probably looked like he was telling Frate to just leave the family as that's what Nero was telling Frate to do. However Avlio knew that it would end with Frate picking up his gun and in an attempt to kill Nero. He removes the bullets so that he can ensure Nero's victory even if he drew his own weapon late.
avilio is a Smart motherfucker
Aug 20, 2016 3:59 AM

Jan 2016
Damn Avilio is just a MASTERMIND.
This episode was a lot of progress. Things are now going to be real deal. Only Nero is left. Surely this episode was one of the best.
Aug 20, 2016 5:57 AM

Oct 2015
dede_rich said:

We're now officially in the second half of the show. I'm hopeful for some real complications to come up soon, specifically with Avilio. Right now, the disputes and politics of the three families seems pretty trivial while Avilio's plans are the real focus, and with those going unhindered, things might go by a little too quickly and easily.

Wait, has it been confirmed howmany episodes this is gonna have? It still says 7/?.
Aug 20, 2016 6:09 AM
Aug 2016
It was entertaining to see the darker side of the MC,before this episode Angelo was just an avenger ,however now he's a home wrecker!

And for the people still speculating about the theory that Luce is still alive, just take a look at 9:25 in episode one. Next to his burned house we see three corpses bags and one is significantly smaller in size , these corpses are non other than Testa,Elena and Luce.So I think Luce is dead for sure.
Aug 20, 2016 6:38 AM

Jun 2013
i fucking hate Ronaldo and the Vanettis bros. are fighting each other damn the ost was epic at the end. Avilio is so cunning
Aug 20, 2016 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
Wow Angelo, bravo!
Is it just me or the ep was kinda fast paced?
Aug 20, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2014
I like how everything is going as planned for his revenge. Its a nice change from most anime. I just hope his innocent friend survives this. Avilio will probably die at the end. But I like his character. He has a goal and works for it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 20, 2016 10:06 AM
Oct 2011
This episode gave me a lot of Death Note vibes, which is damn awesome tbh. His manipulation skills are off the charts. Gotta wonder what Fio's note said...
Aug 20, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2014
Avilio is the kind of character who pull the strings from the backgrounds, well not from the viewers' perspective of course. Ironic to see him saying "I'll be your brother" to Nero when he plans to kill him eventually, unless he really feels intimate to him.

I kinda think all this family drama ended up fruiting nothing, the Vanettes will end up being under the Galaccias after all, though no doubt Nero can do something about.

Avilio said to Nero that "he had a little brother" and he said he will let Nero meet him someday, isn't that pretty much like telling him "I'll send you to the next world"? maybe Nero knew all along that Avilio is seeking revenge and he was the one who sent that message to him?... well that sounds a bit ridiculous.
Aug 20, 2016 11:50 AM
Jun 2015
"I had a little brother like him once. I'll let you meet him soon." - Angelo to Nero
I lost my shit when he said that I am so hyped for Angelo.
Aug 20, 2016 11:54 AM
Jun 2015
Alvoso said:
just because it is 'dark' or 'mature' doesn't mean it's necessarily good
Oh really because I have heard nothing about this show anywhere. I'd go so far to say that it flies under the radar. If you really want to see overrated there are plenty of shows like One punch man and DBZ
Aug 20, 2016 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
Finally Avilio proved himself as real mastermind behind things and also proved his worth to the family.
Frate was really weak but this episode clearly showed Avilio has planned everything carefully with all details.

The episode was great. My only gripe is that he told him about his brother.. Nero is not stupid, if he leaks those little details about him all the time he'll understand who he is.
Aug 20, 2016 1:26 PM

Mar 2015
This is too easy for Avilio, i'm hoping that something goes wrong for him.
Aug 20, 2016 2:20 PM

Dec 2010
Tenth said:
This show has gotten stale and predictable, kinda a shame since I was pretty hyped for it on this first episode.

Wow you have amazing foresight. Tell me what's gonna happen next!!!
Aug 20, 2016 2:32 PM

Oct 2011
Avilio manipulating everything onfg so good. Poor Fio though.
Aug 20, 2016 2:40 PM

Sep 2012
Wintovisky said:
I honestly need to rewatch some key scenes from this show. The events that lead to this whole thing feel really messy for me right now. Apart from that, other stuff don't sound beliavable for me. Anyway, I have to rewatch and make the "confusion" (in my head) clear.

Same thing here. This might not be inside our heads, after all.
Aug 20, 2016 3:03 PM

Sep 2011
Alvoso said:
DMoC said:

No. That is not what overrated means. Person x likes show y more than me does not equal overrated. It's a pointless comment anyway and does nothing to aid discussion on the episode.
Aug 20, 2016 3:29 PM
Jan 2015
scruffykiwi said:
Alvoso said:

No. That is not what overrated means. Person x likes show y more than me does not equal overrated. .

what does it mean then?
Aug 20, 2016 7:46 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was crazy! 5/5
Aug 20, 2016 7:53 PM

May 2015
Confusing... I do feel sad for Fio though. Fango's new hairstyle is different?
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 21, 2016 7:07 AM

Nov 2014
Avilio/Angelo is leaving too many clues behind him, especially if one was to inspect Volpe's body and analyse the two shots, one hand wound and one shot in the upper right abdomen, which means that he was killed by the person that was inside the car, dropping the bullets in the flowerpot and lastly, the shootout between Nero and Frate, so, I'm pretty sure things will become very hectic for Avilio/Angelo.
Aug 21, 2016 8:03 AM
Nov 2015
Actually knowing what's going on is making me feel pretty smart. Hopefully my friends don't get it so I can explain it to them and look like the smartass I have inside my blood.

If there's something I dislike about the show, it's how Angelo seems to get out of literally every situation unscathed, I feel like the show has lost the element of surprise.

3/5
Aug 21, 2016 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
Angelo is manipulating everybody like a boss, this guy is too smart. I felt bad for Fio, she killed her husband and Frate died too, but I think it was needed for the family.
Aug 21, 2016 10:01 AM
Apr 2016
I was so confused about who's killing who and why, but I think I pretty much got it now. This show is good.
Aug 21, 2016 10:52 AM

Mar 2014
Fucking gangsters they just keep on killing each other
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 21, 2016 11:11 AM
Mar 2016
daze3x said:
Damn, Avilio is manipulating everyone so badly. This episode was intense.

Agree..............................
Aug 21, 2016 12:36 PM

Feb 2015
Another brilliant episode. That plot twist. And the theory that Frate is actually Angelo's brother is completely gone now. Just another great part to the story, no idea what will happen so let's just enjoy the ride...
Aug 21, 2016 5:24 PM

Mar 2014
what s the purpose of having Nero's sister to marry with that red hair asshole. all became meaningless
ButtSlapperAug 21, 2016 5:30 PM
Aug 21, 2016 10:30 PM
Jul 2018
ButtSlapper said:
what s the purpose of having Nero's sister to marry with that red hair asshole. all became meaningless

It was an arranged marriage to try and unite the families. She didn't necessarily want to marry Ronaldo, she was essentially forced to.

OT: the darkness is coming, such mobster killing this episode. at least fio got out, even if she was put on a bus train.

fango's new haircut is fine as hell, and fango is looking fine as hell

removed-userAug 21, 2016 11:34 PM
Aug 21, 2016 10:35 PM
Aug 2016
WOW, I really wonder how is it going to end... Will Angelo kill Nero? Or will Nero kill Avilio? Will they kill each other? Stay alive together? Maybe one of them will commit a suicide?

P.S. I'm seriously confused... How should I address the protagonist? Angelo or Avilio? To be honest I think that Avilio suits him better but Angelo is his real name and we know it from the start...
Aug 22, 2016 1:22 AM
Sep 2015
Dang, vengeance has turned Angelo into a friggin monster, and it looks like he plans to take Nero apart piece by piece. Good move by Fio, whether she realizes it or not, getting on that train and getting the hell out of Lawless. Right about now, I wouldn't feel safe being the guy's goldfish.
"Starting today, I'll be your brother." Damn...
Aug 22, 2016 1:23 AM
Feb 2015
naens said:
I wonder what was on the piece of paper...

It said "If you dont reply to this post, Nero will die in his sleep tonight"

:3
Aug 22, 2016 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
Angelo is crazy mf stirring family business down go the ground.
Aug 22, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2014
Poor Fio. She's innocent and shouldn't be involved in this. But I guess this is what the anime is trying to make us feel.
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.