Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2016 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was a thrilling episode. Avilio took his chance and made a kill.

Lives are just so fragile in this show..
Kinda felt bad for this woman...family drama can really be a pain to deal with. Fio's life isn't going to be same ever again...

I'm also still curious to see what Fango's next move is, the guy is so mysterious.

Stark700Aug 19, 2016 12:11 PM
Aug 19, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
I like it how Avilio only does the killing for his revenge himself when it's actually necessary and how he instead prefers to manipulate the Vanettis into killing each other; he's doing a damn good job of it so far, though Fango is still an unpredictable variable who will no doubt complicate things for Avilio soon, and that's before considering that Avilio has undoubtedly got to personally deal with Nero in the end.
Aug 19, 2016 12:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I kinda want Avilio to fail more and more. Going way too easy for him and he fucked up people's lifes, he is doomed to die atm.

I'd be sad if Nero dies.
Aug 19, 2016 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for the woman! She suffered from a lot of pains!
Aug 19, 2016 12:15 PM
Jan 2015
imo this show is pretty overrated
just because it is 'dark' or 'mature' doesn't mean it's necessarily good
Aug 19, 2016 12:20 PM

Dec 2014
I wonder what's going to happen to the baby.
Aug 19, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Angelo is finally done playing games and is off to a quest to break Nero
Aug 19, 2016 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
Oh shit Avilio the god
I didn't expect Fio killing Ronaldo, really sad scene
Aug 19, 2016 12:37 PM
Mar 2016
More More More

I want More of this.
sad that anime like this don't come every season.

FUNNY THAT JAPAN IS FULL OF OLD PEOPLE & they like high school, young girls doing weird things.

They want to re-live their younger days.
Happy watching
Aug 19, 2016 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
It's like all of these people are Avilio's pawns, and he's moving all the pieces into the right places to get them to kill each other. He's pretty smart in that regard, since that would cause people to not suspect him of killing everyone. Things are going a bit too smoothly for him though, so at some point I'm expecting his plans to run into some complications. In fact, I'd prefer it if that happened, it would make the story more exciting to see how Avilio would deal with that. Otherwise, the story would just become boring if nothing ever goes wrong and all of his plans play out perfectly.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 19, 2016 12:42 PM

Oct 2014
"I have a little brother like him, I'll let you meet him soon"
That line got me incredibely hyped

This was definitely the best episode of the series. Angelo is really taking control over everything. Oh and the part where he could tell Frate was hiding the gun was amazing.
Aug 19, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2015
Damn, Avilio is manipulating everyone so badly. This episode was intense.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Aug 19, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Damn I love this show, this is my favorite episode so far. I like how Avilio is maximizing his revenge to the fullest by throwing nero into despair with all the killings in his family. Fio is being shipped off away from the battlezone, I wonder if we will see her again. Can't wait for next episode!
Aug 19, 2016 1:50 PM
Jul 2016
Since most of the characters in the series are directly or indirectly involved with Avilio, they don't seem to notice that he is the thorn creating this mighty mess. The story is probably keeping Vincent distant so that he could notice that Avilio is the problem here?

For now I could only see Fango as a relevant obstacle for Avilio or Corteo selling him out (highly unlikely imo).
Aug 19, 2016 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Smudy said:
I kinda want Avilio to fail more and more. Going way too easy for him and he fucked up people's lifes, he is doomed to die atm.

Of course he's crazy, he saw his family die at the hands of Vanetti ...

the only person I feel sorry is for Fio that don't have anything to do with the death of his family and is one of the people who suffer most from all this, and still had to marry the clown Ronaldo.

PS: Finally Ronaldo is dead
Aug 19, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
The series gets better and better with every episode.

Angelo is a master manipulator. His final line, "I'll be your brother from now on", gave me chills down my spine. Literally everything for the sake of revenge.
Aug 19, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2015
I feel sorry for Fio... She's the innocent one in this whole family drama.

Avilio is really sly, though. Everything's running smoothly and according to his plan....

Aug 19, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2016
I agree with the Fango variable, and we got Vanetti and Nero secured for sure, but he wants the fourth!
I am so glad those two are dead, too bad Fio is broken now...
This pacing is set so well, these 6 episodes are gonna a be intense as the last 7!

Aug 19, 2016 3:16 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was very good 3 deads all "done" by Avilio im really enjoying this anime alot, Angelo is playing the manipulating game!
"I have a little brother like him, I'll let you meet him soon" i was like "DAMMMM SON!"
NEXT EPISODE PLS! :>
iTzKenzoAug 19, 2016 3:20 PM
Aug 19, 2016 3:19 PM

May 2016
I thought there was serious death flags for Fio, but it looks like she made it.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Aug 19, 2016 3:22 PM

Oct 2015
tywhoppity said:
I thought there was serious death flags for Fio, but it looks like she made it.

Maybe angelo will meet her later xD since she is pregnant and that kid needs a Father-ish presence.....
Aug 19, 2016 3:36 PM

Dec 2010
Alvoso said:

a 7.85 on MAL is overrated? okay.
Aug 19, 2016 3:58 PM
Jul 2016
Jesus, Angelo was straight up SAVAGE. Screwing with Frate so that Nero ends up killing him, forcing Fio to kill her husband, killing an innocent man at the carriage. This guy's willing to do ANYTHING for his vengeance, without any lines about revenge (Sasuke from Naruto)
Aug 19, 2016 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
Alvoso said:

y but in this case the show is both good and dark
Aug 19, 2016 4:07 PM

Sep 2013
Tbh, I was rooting for Angelo to extract his revenge. But this ep made me sympathize with the three Vanetti siblings. Even Nero showed remorse while recounting his 'first job' to Angelo in the camp, while he just manipulates others to spread chaos.

Also, wasn't Nero running from Orco, when Fango took over, could he not join back Vanettis, coz Frate was hunting Nero to avoid war with Orco, and therefore prevent Galassias intervention???

Poor Fio, ultimately had to soil her hand with murder to save(unsuccessfully) her family.What was the note handed to Fio in the bouquet??
Aug 19, 2016 4:17 PM

Mar 2016
Alvoso said:

Overrated? This show isn't even that popular, and the MAL score isn't even that high (7.85)

Aug 19, 2016 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
This show has gotten stale and predictable, kinda a shame since I was pretty hyped for it on this first episode.
Aug 19, 2016 4:48 PM

Apr 2013
Angelo went in this episode. He first used Volpe to destroy any (slim) chance left for reconciliation between the Vanetti brothers just to kill the poor lad once the job was done. Then he used Fio to take care of Rolando and finally even forced Nero to kill Frate himself. Apparently he wants to kill Nero physically as well as psychologically.

Yeah I'd say that was a pretty badass episode.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 19, 2016 4:51 PM
Jul 2016
geralt said:
Angelo went in this episode. He first used Volpe to destroy any (slim) chance left for reconciliation between the Vanetti brothers just to kill the poor lad once the job was done. Then he used Fio to take care of Rolando and finally even forced Nero to kill Frate himself. Apparently he wants to kill Nero physically as well as psychologically.

I don't think it's just that. Angelo needs Nero to get close to the Don of the Vanettis too.
Aug 19, 2016 4:56 PM
Jun 2015
I'll let you meet him soon... LEGEND

Fio will be back with her child
Aug 19, 2016 4:57 PM
Jan 2015
mahoupenisu said:
Alvoso said:

a 7.85 on MAL is overrated? okay.

considering i've given it 6/10 so far, it is overrated (in my opinion)
just as you may think it's underrated since you've given it 9/10
Aug 19, 2016 4:59 PM

Apr 2013
Buck_Wade said:
geralt said:

I don't think it's just that. Angelo needs Nero to get close to the Don of the Vanettis too.
Yeah but he's already become buddies with Nero, was there really a need to make Nero kill Frate when the little brother was just gonna leave?
Seems to me like he's enjoying making him suffer.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 19, 2016 5:06 PM

Dec 2015
Poor Fio family is broken and has to raise a baby by herself
Aug 19, 2016 5:43 PM
Jul 2016
geralt said:
Buck_Wade said:

Yeah but he's already become buddies with Nero, was there really a need to make Nero kill Frate when the little brother was just gonna leave?
Seems to me like he's enjoying making him suffer.

Like I said in my comment, Angelo needs Nero, his only connection to the Vanetti's, to allow him to join them and get close to the Don. But because currently almost everyone is out for Nero's head, Angelo needs to get rid of them first, to allow Nero to get back into the family, to allow HIM to join, and to then kill the Don, and then Nero.
Aug 19, 2016 5:48 PM

Aug 2015
Nero just never die now can't he.
Aug 19, 2016 6:06 PM
May 2016
Words cannot express how happy I am that Ronaldo died. Plus Nero killing his little brother. Avilio isn't satisfied with just killing them; he wants to BREAK them. I love it!!!

This might be the best series this season.
Aug 19, 2016 6:23 PM
Feb 2016
So glad Ronaldo is dead, but I feel bad for Frate having to die as well.

...Fio though, losing her husband and one of her brothers so close to each other, really sucks to be her right now.

Not sure if I like Fango's new haircut, it looks weird on him.
Aug 19, 2016 6:26 PM
Mar 2011
I wonder what was on the piece of paper...
Aug 19, 2016 6:48 PM
Sep 2013
Oh god this is definitely one of the better episodes of this season.
Jesus christ where do I start? I felt like so much happened in the span of an episode.

Things seem to be going well for Nero and the gang after resolving their problem with Orco and gaining protection from Fango, but now Fango has them tied up. "You gotta do some dirty work for me if I offer you my protection".

Frate, oh the poor boy, went mad. He was drinking and smoking, taking some unknown drug that Ronaldo's handing him. Ronaldo's got puppet strings wrapped around Fio too. She just wanted her family (kazoku) to get back together rather than the family (famirii) to stand on top. Both she and Frate are trying their best for the family. She married into a loveless relationship, being treated only as a woman were in that time period (pretty sex objects and/or heir birthers). Frate was still bent on taking out Nero, backed by his inferiority complex. And I think it now clears up any theories that Frate's Angelo's little brother.

Angelo saw this family feud and tension and used it to his advantage. Used Volpe's loyalty (which was an obstacle) to make it look like he went off and did it on his own (smashed car). The assassination attempt threw Frate off even more in the process. Fio's completely on edge. When she receives the bouquet from Angelo, the note must have said something about Ronaldo's plotting to kill Nero, and with the hand gun hidden in the bouquet wrapping. Even if she's mothering the unborn baby of Ronaldo, her "love" for him never even reached her love for her siblings. But that goes to hell when Angelo finds Frate's hidden gun, slips out all the bullets and places it back in front of him and says, "Put an end to all of this already". Frate shoots a blank but Nero doesn't realise this until it's too late. Ridden with guilt, he's broken, possibly lost Fio's trust, maybe even weakened the trust between him and his father. But never fear, Angelo takes it onto himself to "become" Nero's new brother. Getting closer to the family, to Nero.

One last thing I'm sure everyone has noticed. Angelo says he had a younger brother like Frate, tells Nero he'll meet him soon. But back in episode 4... he says he's an only child. With Nero's head all messed up, will he even catch Angelo's lie?

EDIT:
I wonder what Fio thinks of Angelo? The guy who removed the burden on her shoulders or added to it?
And vice versa? Just another pawn in Angelo's revenge?
Aug 19, 2016 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
What happened with Nero's sister and Ronaldo, was exactly the same in The Sopranos. If we replace Nero with Tony.
Aug 19, 2016 7:37 PM

Jun 2016
Best episode so far.
Aug 19, 2016 7:42 PM

Dec 2012
Avilio breaking down the Vannetti Family from the inside. So much for family.

R.I.P Volpe, Ronaldo & Frate .

Did Fango get a make over? He looks different.

Avilio getting closer & closer into the family. Revenge is getting closer.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 19, 2016 8:14 PM

Dec 2013
Crazy episode. I liked that Fio played a role finally, and that the significance of her marriage with Ronaldo finally was acknowledged and made relevant. I do feel very bad for her though; she was trying to keep her brothers from killing each other and to keep her family apart, to the point that she even killed Ronaldo for it, but it was all for nothing in the end.

Avilio has definitely taken a big step forward in tearing apart the Vanetti family. However, I too really hope that something goes wrong for him soon. If all of his schemes go according to plan, I'll be a little frustrated. The moment when he noticed Frate's eyes darting to the gun was really cool though, and the "I'll let you meet him soon" line was perfect.

We're now officially in the second half of the show. I'm hopeful for some real complications to come up soon, specifically with Avilio. Right now, the disputes and politics of the three families seems pretty trivial while Avilio's plans are the real focus, and with those going unhindered, things might go by a little too quickly and easily.
Aug 19, 2016 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
So the Vanetti brothers are fighting for their lives – both fear being killed by the other. And we have nekoing Angelo to thank for that. Fio tries to bring Frate and Nero together to have them talk things out. That succeeds as Nero decides to talk things out with Ronaldo. But Angelo is a bastard who is trying to keep them fighting. He uses Volpe as an assassin and has him attack Ronaldo to make it look like Nero is out for Frate and Ronaldo. The attempt fails and Angelo kills Volpe and then hangs him from a bridge to make it look like to Nero that Frate will not stop until Nero's dead. And then Angelo gets sent to Fio and Ronaldo as a messenger from Nero who is supposedly willing to talk things out with Ronaldo. But the flowers came with a message probably written by Angelo with Nero on board. And Fio kills Ronaldo. She cares about the family which made it possible for them to tell her to kill Ronaldo, and eliminating Ronaldo is part of the story Angelo is writing up. He has Nero kill Frate too. He removes the bullets from Frate's gun and creates a shootout situation where only Nero is loaded. This kills Frate and now Angelo is Nero's brother, or so he claims. The story Fio has to tell is that Frate killed Ronaldo and Nero killed Frate to show his loyalty to the Galasias. Of course this isn't exactly what Fio wanted. Angelo had her kill Ronaldo by probably telling her that this'll solve things. But then she killed a Galasia so she won't be getting off easily among her in-laws if this news leaks out. So Angelo has Frate framed for this act which also works for his own plan. Fio wanted her brothers to live peacefully like a family but Angelo created such a situation where it wasn't possible, all so that he can get closer to Nero for his revenge. But will the Galasias buy this story that easily? Wouldn't they suspect Nero? Nero killed Ronaldo and Frate and had his sister tell them this made up story. Nero is especially suspicious because he was being specifically targeted by Ronaldo. But if things end up working out well then the Vanettis would be running themselves rather than being run by a Galasia puppet. Although I fear for Fio because she's probably going back to her in-laws and things may not work out perfectly.

Another thing Angelo is doing here is making Nero suffer. He will eventually have him meet his little brother, but he's also making Nero and Vincent suffer by killing family members – he killed Frate and now Fio is in a dangerous situation. So his revenge isn't only killing those who killed his family, he's also trying to make them suffer and get to know how it feels to lose family members. He gloriously thwarted Fio's plan to have the family live peacefully with everyone alive like a family should.

And we have Fango out there who just wants to stir up trouble. He's on Nero's side and with Nero now back in the family after eliminating Frate, this could lead to an alliance between the Fangos and the Vanettis. But it depends on Vincent who is still alive apparently.

Angelo sure is one evil bastard. His plan is going perfectly right now.
Aug 19, 2016 8:39 PM
Mar 2016
Avilio's plan is going right along.
Aug 19, 2016 9:05 PM

Sep 2014
The amount of manipulating that Angelo is doing though!
Aug 19, 2016 9:21 PM

Dec 2015
Episode was 10/10.
~
Aug 19, 2016 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
I honestly need to rewatch some key scenes from this show. The events that lead to this whole thing feel really messy for me right now. Apart from that, other stuff don't sound beliavable for me. Anyway, I have to rewatch and make the "confusion" (in my head) clear.
Aug 19, 2016 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
"i have a little brother like him, i'll let you meet him soon"
aw man
Aug 19, 2016 10:21 PM
Jun 2016
If only they could make an improvement on the animation ,aaaggg, what a good episode doe, i like the third-dimentionality of angelo, but, maybe being smart may not be good enough, i hope for some mistake, or something like that, don´t put me the "and he killed nero" thing at the end, give me more drama and some plot twisttt :P ;) ;)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.