Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2016 6:19 AM
Jul 2018

An official website has launched and announced along with a teaser that an original anime titled ID-0 is currently in production. A list of staff members was also listed on the official website. More details about the anime will be revealed at a later date.

Staff
Director: Gorou Taniguchi (Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch)
Series Composition, Script: Yousuke Kuroda (Boku no Hero Academia)
Mechanic Character Design: Kanetake Ebikawa (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans)
Original Character Concept: Range Murata (Shangri-La)
Character Design: Hiromi Katou (Guilty Crown)
Mechanical Design: Fumihiro Katagai (Hitsugi no Chaika), Takeshi Takakura (Captain Earth), Takayuki Yanase (Comet Lucifer)
Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
Studio: SANZIGEN
Production: World Cosplay Summit

Teaser:

Official site: http://id-zero.com/

Source: Nijipoi

ID-0 on MAL
Sakana-sanAug 9, 2016 1:46 PM
Aug 9, 2016 6:28 AM

Sep 2014
Low expectations....also full CGI >>

Will give a shot since Gorou is directing this show

Aug 9, 2016 6:46 AM

Mar 2014
Staff is pretty nice but it is SANZIGEN.
Aug 9, 2016 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, expect CGI. Somehow, I get the feeling we'll be getting similar themes with Active Raid.
Aug 9, 2016 7:10 AM

Mar 2012
the song on that PV makes my ear bleed.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Aug 9, 2016 8:47 AM

Jan 2015
Great PV, but I'm not sold.
I mean...it's Sanzigen
Aug 9, 2016 9:01 AM

Jun 2015
umm...i have no problem if it's SANZIGEN's CG tho, i enjoy their anime
Aug 9, 2016 9:50 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Even if its still fucking CGI, it might not be that bad. (Bubuki Buranki was pretty good looking for a CGI show and its from SANZIGEN.)

Just gonna hope its gonna be better than Active Raid.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 9, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
at last MAL finally made a news about this lol

im gonna watch this for sure
Aug 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Dec 2015
Original anime ! Range Murata's designs !! 3DCGI...
Aug 9, 2016 11:47 PM

Jun 2012
Everything Gorou Taniguchi has done since Code Geass has been absolute trash. No hope for this.
Aug 10, 2016 2:44 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Rei366 said:
Original anime ! Range Murata's designs !! 3DCGI...
Sinebla said:
God, Range Murata.

I'm pretty excited to finally see some more work from Range Murata. His character designs are one of my favorites. Unfortunately, I highly doubt the final anime will end up sticking close to his designs, as in the case with Akira Amano's designs for Psycho-Pass.
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 10, 2016 4:55 AM

Mar 2015
not really my thing.. well look for further information...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 13, 2016 7:28 PM
Dec 2008
Shuhan said:
Everything Gorou Taniguchi has done since Code Geass has been absolute trash. No hope for this.

Hmm...let's see if your statement has any actual merit.

Jungle Taitei - Yūki ga Mirai o Kaeru (TV special)

This was a decent general audience film with an alternate take on the material.

Nah, I don't see anything "absolute trash" about it.

Space Dandy (2 episodes)

Nothing wrong with the space race and the season two premiere.

Still not seeing the so-called trash.

2015:
Junketsu no Maria

This was a nice little show with surprising amounts of historical accuracy.

Definitely not trash.

2016:
Active Raid

Dumb fun. Just definitely not for people who are allergic to Power Rangers or Super Sentai series.

Some people do think it's trash, but I certainly don't.

Other than the last one, which is really just super niche, I don't see anything resembling evidence for your point of view. Taniguchi can make very different series. Even if you hate Active Raid, for example, it's illogical to make such a generalization about a completely unrelated upcoming show that will not have the same goal. Therefore, I hereby conclude that your statement is not supported by the facts.
MadonisAug 13, 2016 7:34 PM
Aug 13, 2016 11:10 PM

Jun 2012
Madonis said:
Shuhan said:

Space Dandy (2 episodes)

2015:
Junketsu no Maria

Definitely not trash.

2016:
Active Raid

Dumb fun. Just definitely not for people who are allergic to Power Rangers or Super Sentai series.

Other than the last one, which is really just super niche, I don't see anything resembling evidence for your point of view. Taniguchi can make very different series. Even if you hate Active Raid, for example, it's illogical to make such a generalization about a completely unrelated upcoming show that will not have the same goal. Therefore, I hereby conclude that your statement is not supported by the facts.

Do you realize different people have different opinions? In my view all those sucked ass and im sure many agree with me. And their poor sales and reception pretty much prove what im saying.
Aug 14, 2016 12:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shuhan said:
Madonis said:

Space Dandy (2 episodes)

2015:
Junketsu no Maria

Definitely not trash.

2016:
Active Raid

Do you realize different people have different opinions? In my view all those sucked ass and im sure many agree with me. And their poor sales and reception pretty much prove what im saying.
And likewise many persons such as myself would agree with him too, what's your point?

But alas, the fact that you think that sales=quality shows just how narrow minded you really are lol
Aug 14, 2016 7:23 AM
Dec 2008
Quite so, I agree with Tokoya.

Not to mention that, objectively speaking, their reception has not been anywhere near as universally "poor" as Shuhan has implied. It varies from title to title. Critical opinions are generally quite positive about Junketsu no Maria, for example, even if it wasn't a huge hit. Unless you want to imply that quality and popularity mean the same exact thing. For instance, even I would agree that Active Raid isn't that great, but it still sold more than Junketsu no Maria. Does that make it better? No, not really.
Aug 14, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Well at least it has the only competent staff member from Comet Lucifer. The rest of the staff doesn't show promise though. Lots of grimderp on those resumés.

Shame that it's come to this, having to almost get excited for a mecha because it's not as bad as the other stuff that's getting announcements recently.
Aug 14, 2016 4:49 PM

Jun 2012
Tokoya said:
Shuhan said:

And likewise many persons such as myself would agree with him too, what's your point?

But alas, the fact that you think that sales=quality shows just how narrow minded you really are lol

It seems as though reading comprehension isnt your strong point. I stated an opinion and used sales and popularity to show that the majority agreed with my opinion.
Aug 15, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 2007
Shuhan said:

Having different opinions is a given, it does not excuse one from having to actually back them up via argumentation. You claimed everything a person did after CG was trash, you were presented with a counter-argument.
Argumentum ad populum is not an argumentation to debate something. "many agree with me" is a a flavor non-statement.
Sales are absolutely NOT an argument to use when talking about quality.
Aug 15, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2012
Fai said:
Shuhan said:

Having different opinions is a given, it does not excuse one from having to actually back them up via argumentation. You claimed everything a person did after CG was trash, you were presented with a counter-argument.
Argumentum ad populum is not an argumentation to debate something. "many agree with me" is a a flavor non-statement.
Sales are absolutely NOT an argument to use when talking about quality.

There was no counter argument lmao. He just told me my opinion was wrong because it didnt match his own. Take your fanboy shit elsewhere.
Aug 15, 2016 9:44 PM
May 2012
Am I the only one who's.....kinda excited towards ID-0?

The big thing that gives me doubt on this Series is just the director of Code Geass is in & I'm curious over what premises will be.
Aug 16, 2016 8:31 AM

Jun 2016
The premise looks interesting albeit horribly cliche and unoriginal.

>"Director: Gorou Taniguchi (Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch)"
Oh dear lord have mercy on me...

Also that song made my eardrums wither away.

Not sure how to feel about this overall but I think I'll give it a go nonetheless.
Aug 22, 2016 11:06 PM
May 2012
Erg_Orgy said:
>"Director: Gorou Taniguchi (Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch)"
Oh dear lord have mercy on me...

Sigh alrighty then.

Geez people these days... I have no idea why are they like to take it as a SERIOUS ISSUE. I mean seriously, I don't get why anime really affects our lives, obviously.

Oh well, it's better than nothing.
JafriZinAug 22, 2016 11:30 PM
Aug 24, 2016 5:00 AM
Mar 2012
Trailer feels unfinished or rough. Never seen one that shows mechs but no characters.
Designs look ok, more like cg akito.
Aug 24, 2016 12:01 PM

Sep 2007
Range Murata. :D Sounds good..always up for more original anime.
Aug 26, 2016 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
Is it about male genitalia? What the hell is that name?

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.