Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some people watch anime at 2x speed or faster?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2016 5:43 PM

Dec 2015
Kagami said:
Nunnally03 said:
That's really something.... I think they do that because they think it will be cool if people think they watched too many anime. You may not believe me, but there are really people out there who think that being called "otaku" is cool.

Nothing wrong with liking and wanting completions, but only if they're normal completions. Some guy with 200 completions > Some guy with 500 completions who does this.

Huh? Did I said anything about people who like and want completions? I myself have completed a lot of anime..so I do not get what you mean?

I am replying to TS about those who watch anime 2x speed - simply because they think it's cool being otaku.
Aug 13, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2015
wtf????i thought everyone here watches anime at 2X speed.You disgust me,normie like you should vanish from MAL.
Aug 13, 2016 6:20 PM

Mar 2016
Watching something at 2x speed for the sake of completion is just sad.

Aug 13, 2016 6:26 PM

Jun 2014
Cireph said:
If the anime's pacing is too slow and the plot is just boring I guess. Tbh, I would just drop the anime if it's like that so idk why people would still continue watching. Maybe for anime completion rate?

I think a lot of people do it for quicker completions and its really sad.
Aug 13, 2016 6:31 PM

Sep 2011
Mayuka said:
Tyrel said:
Sounds dumb tbh. 2x Speed you can't even make out the characters dialogue because it turns to gibberish.
Not if pitch isn't changed? VLC lets you speed up without affect pitch at all.
I don't use VLC. I use MPC-HC 'cause of the filters, so I'm not sure if it has pitch change.
Aug 13, 2016 6:32 PM

Feb 2013
Kagami said:
Cireph said:
If the anime's pacing is too slow and the plot is just boring I guess. Tbh, I would just drop the anime if it's like that so idk why people would still continue watching. Maybe for anime completion rate?

you sure like to repeat that hot opinion dontcha
Aug 13, 2016 6:33 PM

Jul 2012
Tyrel said:
Mayuka said:
Not if pitch isn't changed? VLC lets you speed up without affect pitch at all.
I don't use VLC. I use MPC-HC 'cause of the filters, so I'm not sure if it has pitch change.
I've tried MPC and it changes pitch, yeah. That's why I mostly use VLC because it's better at speeding up.
Aug 13, 2016 6:34 PM

Jun 2014
romagia said:
Kagami said:

you sure like to repeat that hot opinion dontcha

Damn straight. I speak the hot truth.
Aug 13, 2016 6:40 PM

Dec 2015
People actually does that? I didn't know that was a thing. That seems completely stupid and I will rather drop it than watching it in 2x speed.
Aug 13, 2016 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
gwendal738 said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Nah suck it up pussy, you started a god awful series, now you have to take your medicine and finish it.
Nobody likes a quitter.

Lol you say that like I care about other people's opinion on how I watch anime and how I do things. I am not going to sit through god awful series and waste my time that I could use to watch other anime more worthy of my time.

Weird. You're saying you'd be wasting your time by watching the last two episodes at a normal pace, but isn't also true you had a choice getting that far in an anime that you obviously felt was a waste of time? I say suck it up and finish the series normally or don't watch it if you were wasting your time on your own decision. A lot of whining I hear when its clearly all your fault.

I have never felt like I wasted my time watching an anime, even one I disliked.
Aug 13, 2016 7:12 PM
Feb 2014
People do that? God why?! You might as well not watch anime at all if you are going to have it at two times the speed! If all you care about is having a big completion list by speed watching anime you might as well stop watching all together. Anime is meant to be enjoyed at a easy low key speed and should never be rushed. And I get that some animes aren't for everyone and if an anime isnt appealing to you then dont fucking watch it! I don't care if a friend recommended or if your sibling recommended it or whoever if you find it boring to watch then dont waste anymore time on it. Drop it or just don't mention it to people if you're so worried about keeping your drop list empty. You could have more time better spent watching anime that you like then spending it on speed watching an anime you don't. It's ridiculous it's childish and it needs to stop. Because now it's just feeding your ego and eventually your going to be more obsessed with your "completion list/complex" then you are with finding the stuff you enjoy. I know this isn't the place but another thing I hate is when people will avoid watching an anime for a year or two to wait for the dubbed version to come out because they are too lazy or don't feel like reading subtitles. My boyfriend does this all the time and it drives me fucking crazy. I tell him to watch the subbed versions of anime I recommend to him because "you get more of the story and cultural jokes that way" and he immediately pulls up the dubbed versions or waits till a dub version is available because hes too fucking lazy to read subtitles. I get that some people have a hard time reading fast but if you can physically read that fast there shouldn't be any reason why you can't watch the sub version of an anime. And I'm going to be in the unpopular opinion here for a second. Dubs tend to really suck unless: they hire good voice actors for characters (and not just that they are good they have to fit/play the part well), keep an equal balance of story content and throw in the occasional joke or two to add comedic relief without depriving from the storyline, and they don't go through 4kidz (because we all know 4kidz is the Satan of Dubbed show's)
Aug 13, 2016 7:22 PM
Feb 2014
Cireph said:

Oh no doubt it's for completion rates. Those types of people make me sick. Cause all they care about is a interchangeable number and don't bother taking the time to enjoy their experience. They'd rather boost their numbers (which to most people won't matter at all). And I just find that sad. Were all allowed to have our opinions but I see that some people have been extremely mean on this thread. It makes it especially difficult to bring burning topics like this up when there's the posing threat of some asshole that just comes and shits all over everything and leaves like they were the victim of the discussion.
Aug 13, 2016 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
Naruto Shippuuden filler episodes are a great example of episodes where some people might consider watching it 1.5 or 2x.
Aug 13, 2016 7:47 PM
Feb 2014
cjkira99 said:
Naruto Shippuuden filler episodes are a great example of episodes where watching it at 2x might be warranted.

But what's the point? You might as well fast forward if you aren't going to pay attention to certain scenes. Watching at x2 the speed doesn't make time go any faster then what you would on normal speed. In fact I find that watching videos at x2 the speed slows down your time of perception. Where as watching normally I lose track of time or time appears to move more quickly. Because you're actually immersed in the show rather then skipping over parts or speed watching. Basically people who watch anime above normal speed are less likely to retain the information that is received through watching the episodes. Because your brain can't keep up to par with processing and digesting the information youve received from watching the show. Hasent anyone learned from the tortoise and the hare parable? Fast doesn't always mean better! Just because you sped through a series doesn't give you any reward or bragging rights in fact it just tells people you're more concerned about getting things done quickly rather then taking the time to check for quality. You saved 5mins by watching x2 speed? Good for you! But did you get any enjoyment out of those extra mins or watching the episode x2 SPD? If the answers no then what's the fucking point of speeding it up if you aren't going to fucking enjoy it? If you hate the show then dont fucking watch it. Sorry most of this salt isn't meant for you its more so for everyone in this discussion in general. So don't feel like I'm targeting you its not meant to be directed solely towards you.
Aug 13, 2016 7:59 PM

Feb 2013
Hyuukichan123 said:
cjkira99 said:
Naruto Shippuuden filler episodes are a great example of episodes where watching it at 2x might be warranted.

But what's the point? You might as well fast forward if you aren't going to pay attention to certain scenes. Watching at x2 the speed doesn't make time go any faster then what you would on normal speed. In fact I find that watching videos at x2 the speed slows down your time of perception. Where as watching normally I lose track of time or time appears to move more quickly. Because you're actually immersed in the show rather then skipping over parts or speed watching. Basically people who watch anime above normal speed are less likely to retain the information that is received through watching the episodes. Because your brain can't keep up to par with processing and digesting the information youve received from watching the show. Hasent anyone learned from the tortoise and the hare parable? Fast doesn't always mean better! Just because you sped through a series doesn't give you any reward or bragging rights in fact it just tells people you're more concerned about getting things done quickly rather then taking the time to check for quality. You saved 5mins by watching x2 speed? Good for you! But did you get any enjoyment out of those extra mins or watching the episode x2 SPD? If the answers no then what's the fucking point of speeding it up if you aren't going to fucking enjoy it? If you hate the show then dont fucking watch it. Sorry most of this salt isn't meant for you its more so for everyone in this discussion in general. So don't feel like I'm targeting you its not meant to be directed solely towards you.
but what if the answer is yes?

this is looking a bit like a ken m skit
Aug 13, 2016 8:33 PM
Feb 2014
romagia said:
Hyuukichan123 said:

Does it really matter? Good for them if they enjoy watching it at that speed. But it seriously pisses me off that anyone would remotely think that watching things at double or quadruple the speed is enjoyable because even the sound of it just makes my stomach churn. If you divert your attention for even a split second you miss like half of what people are saying. And at that point its a lost cause trying to catch up unless you slow down and stop to listen closely. And if you aren't even going to take the time to watch a show normally then dont watch things at all because it's something you have to dedicate your time to its not something you can be like "Oh I just want to dip my toes in I'm not going in all the way." You have to either be really invested into it or gtfo because people will chew you out for trying to pretend like you've seen a series but you really weren't interested in it. Also in my opinion speeding things up just makes you out to be a person who has patience issues or a very short attention span. Even I (a person who suffers from autism, OCD and ADHD) understand that being quick about things isn't always the best thing to do unless the task requires you to be quick on your feet and quick in problem solving. And I just don't see watching anime at x2 the SPD to be one of those situations. It takes the "enjoyment" purpose out of it and replaces it with this "empty" feeling as if you're just doing it to get rid of it rather then spending the time you have enjoying yourself. You're treating it like it's a chore rather then a passion/for fun.
Aug 13, 2016 8:41 PM

Aug 2013
Quequel said:

Never did that either, I would never be able to keep up with subtitles, if I actually like a show, I like the fillers too, most of the time they are funny and Ilove to laugh

In fact, I often have to pause/ rewind because of the subs, so in the end its probably x0.75 speed for me.
Aug 13, 2016 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
Is this like the people who like that nightcore crap?
Aug 13, 2016 9:10 PM

Jun 2014
Hyuukichan123 said:
romagia said:

Does it really matter? Good for them if they enjoy watching it at that speed. But it seriously pisses me off that anyone would remotely think that watching things at double or quadruple the speed is enjoyable because even the sound of it just makes my stomach churn. If you divert your attention for even a split second you miss like half of what people are saying. And at that point its a lost cause trying to catch up unless you slow down and stop to listen closely. And if you aren't even going to take the time to watch a show normally then dont watch things at all because it's something you have to dedicate your time to its not something you can be like "Oh I just want to dip my toes in I'm not going in all the way." You have to either be really invested into it or gtfo because people will chew you out for trying to pretend like you've seen a series but you really weren't interested in it. Also in my opinion speeding things up just makes you out to be a person who has patience issues or a very short attention span. Even I (a person who suffers from autism, OCD and ADHD) understand that being quick about things isn't always the best thing to do unless the task requires you to be quick on your feet and quick in problem solving. And I just don't see watching anime at x2 the SPD to be one of those situations. It takes the "enjoyment" purpose out of it and replaces it with this "empty" feeling as if you're just doing it to get rid of it rather then spending the time you have enjoying yourself. You're treating it like it's a chore rather then a passion/for fun.

I think I've realized even more than ever that the anime community has changed for the worse in some areas. The "Can watch 2x the anime in 2x the speed" is a laughable way to justify the actions of watching anime at 2x the speed. Like it has been said many times, some people care more about a number than their actual experience watching anime. Though, watching an anime at 2x still in my opinion is a psuedo completion and is a gross habit.
Aug 13, 2016 9:16 PM

Feb 2013
Kagami said:
Hyuukichan123 said:

I think I've realized even more than ever that the anime community has changed for the worse in some areas. The "Can watch 2x the anime in 2x the speed" is a laughable way to justify the actions of watching anime at 2x the speed. Like it has been said many times, some people care more about a number than their actual experience watching anime. Though, watching an anime at 2x still in my opinion is a psuedo completion and is a gross habit.
if you ask me, even worse is this "holier than thou" attitude, being so negative over a minority of anime fans, and wanton generalizations
Aug 13, 2016 9:20 PM

Aug 2015
It come down to reason.
if they do that to skip the boring part then sure why not if it make them enjoy the show more? It's entertaining medium if said method make them enjoy it more i see no problem. some people doesnt care about the content but just want to mark their experience with the show as they enjoy it. (which is why you see alot of people like cheap mindless thriller)

If they do that just for the sake to add it to complete list then it's really really pathetic.
No one care about their list. if they want to add it that much just read some wiki summery just add it to their list. No one give a shit.
Aug 13, 2016 9:20 PM

Jun 2014
romagia said:
Kagami said:

if you ask me, even worse is this "holier than thou" attitude, being so negative over a minority of anime fans, and wanton generalizations

You sound incredibly butthurt. Need some cream to help you deal with it?

Sorry that you are so taken back by my and seemingly the majority opinion, but you may as well sit down and deal with it amigo.

@Pixelzz - I still find it odd that those people will skip scenes or entire episodes and add the show to their completed list.
Aug 13, 2016 9:22 PM

Feb 2013
Kagami said:
romagia said:

Sorry that you are so taken back by my and seemingly the majority opinion, but you may as well sit down and deal with it amigo.
sounds a bit like projecting
surely there must be a reason why you have that cream
Aug 13, 2016 9:27 PM
Feb 2014
Kagami said:
Hyuukichan123 said:

I totally agree. It's like nowadays people are expressing their opinions on anime as if they won't make anyone cry by using such vulgar wording. In fact those people are what cause most of the flame wars on this forum. Because they genuinely don't give a fuck about people's feelings they think that because theyre behind a screen that they don't have to pull punch's and be nice to everyone. Watching at x2 the speed is equivalent to "look at me trying to be a fucking hipster" excuse my French but last time I checked anime wasn't about being a fucking hipster and compiling a list of animes you've "completed" by watching them at grotesquely increased speeds. I don't count animes as completed unless you fucking take the time to watch them at normal speeds. It's just horrible how degraded the anime community has become. It's no longer about enjoying things people just want it to "GOGOGO!" And get it over with. Its like we grew up in the awkward generation gap where were between the era when people took their time and enjoyed themselves and the era where literally everything has to be super sonic speed or people will scream at you for going too slow or taking your time. Or worse they'll make fun of you saying things like "You actually take your time to digest your food? What a loser!" Or "You watch anime at normal speed? NORMAL SPEED IS FOR DWEBS!"
Aug 13, 2016 9:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
So there are people who does that ...
Man, thats fucking retarded.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 13, 2016 9:28 PM

Jun 2014
DatRandomDude said:
So there are people who does that ...
Man, thats fucking retarded.

I have not seen a post by you since my mal survivor. Hopefully #4 is coming.

Also, yeah agree.
Aug 13, 2016 9:36 PM
Jun 2016
When they already watched half of the episodes then they realized that they should have dropped it in the beginning, but they were too disappointed to drop it since they already finish watching half of it, then they feel obligued to finish it to relieve the disappointment of wasting their time watching the show. I sometimes do it, but not 2x speed, i think i do it 1.5x only. And besides, there are animes out there which is too slow, doubling the speed made it look the normal speed.

And another reason is because of a friend's recommendation that they feel obligued to finish it. Or if the anime is highly rated, they are curious to watch it but turned out to be boring for them so they end up doubling the speed to satisfy their ego that "finally, i already watched this famous anime, but it wasn't that nice." It feels better than droppong the series which will made them feel incomplete.
Aug 13, 2016 9:41 PM

Jun 2014
KingCarlo0420 said:
When they already watched half of the episodes then they realized that they should have dropped it in the beginning, but they were too disappointed to drop it since they already finish watching half of it, then they feel obligued to finish it to relieve the disappointment of wasting their time watching the show. I sometimes do it, but not 2x speed, i think i do it 1.5x only. And besides, there are animes out there which is too slow, doubling the speed made it look the normal speed.

And another reason is because of a friend's recommendation that they feel obligued to finish it. Or if the anime is highly rated, they are curious to watch it but turned out to be boring for them so they end up doubling the speed to satisfy their ego that "finally, i already watched this famous anime, but it wasn't that nice." It feels better than droppong the series which will made them feel incomplete.

In response to "some anime are slow so speed it up". I feel like a case can be made that you are not watching the anime the way the creators animated it to be seen and the feels you'd normally have for it will become disjointed. Then by rating a show you watched in a way not created to be watched that way is pretty much an invalid score.
Aug 13, 2016 9:48 PM

Aug 2015
Kagami said:
romagia said:

@Pixelzz - I still find it odd that those people will skip scenes or entire episodes and add the show to their completed list.
what about people that watch it at x2 speed but doesn't add it to their list? what if they just enjoy it that way?

it come down to perspective and how much you're trying to make sense of their action.

It's it their list how they arrange it is up to them. I don't know why i should care about that.

Then question come down to why using a list system in the first place?
To manage your list? or to show off how much you've watched?

As for the former reason, people manage their list in their own way.
They set it as complete because they finished it, just because they skipped something doesn't mean they can't make sense out of entire story.

Let's take long run shounen as example
If there is a few episodes filler that is irrelevant to story(let's say episode 300-305), they don't like that so they skip it and watch the show up to episode 310. So, when they manage their list. what episode do you think they should mark as current watching point? Obviously it's easier for them to ignore the filler mark it as 310. so they can easily see and pick up where they left off the last time they watched it.

So for me as long as what they do can increase their enjoyment factor, then it's understandable.
Though yea it's pretty odd but understandable and not pathetic like doing just for the sake of adding to completed list.
Aug 13, 2016 9:56 PM
Jun 2016
Kagami said:
KingCarlo0420 said:

In response to "some anime are slow so speed it up". I feel like a case can be made that you are not watching the anime the way the creators animated it to be seen and the feels you'd normally have for it will become disjointed. Then by rating a show you watched in a way not created to be watched that way is pretty much an invalid score.

That's why we are called rational beings, because we know how to adjust on any circumstances. What's the point of watching a show the way the creators wanted to be if it will bore you to death. And besides there are really slow-paced anime, reaching the point where it focus on a rock for 5 seconds, and to the grass for another 5 seconds, and to some other unrelated objects.

Well this is my opinion, i respect yours.
As the saying says, "To each his own"
Aug 13, 2016 10:02 PM

Jun 2014
Pixelzz said:
Kagami said:

what about people that watch it at x2 speed but doesn't add it to their list? what if they just enjoy it that way?

it come down to perspective and how much you're trying to make sense of their action.

It's it their list how they arrange it is up to them. I don't know why i should care about that.

They set it as complete because they finished it, just because they skipped something doesn't mean they can't make sense out of entire story.

If there is a few episodes filler that is irrelevant to story(let's say episode 300-305), they don't like that so they skip it and watch the show up to episode 310. So, when they manage their list. what episode do you think they should mark as current watching point? Obviously it's easier for them to ignore the filler mark it as 310. so they can easily see and pick up where they left off the last time they watched it.

So for me as long as what they do can increase their enjoyment factor, then it's understandable.
Though yea it's pretty odd but understandable and not pathetic like doing just for the sake of adding to completed list.

You're wrong though. You say they set something as complete because they "finished it", but just because you get what went on in the scenes or episodes you skipped doesn't mean you watched that scene and or episode. Your argument goes against what the term "complete" even mean. Sure, I could watch Cowboy Bebop and randomly not watch episode 20, then its a fact I didn't complete Cowboy Bebop. I could watch Lucky Star and skip episodes 10-11, but that is not a completion either. How do you finish something you have yet to finish? Answer - You can't! No matter how you try to twist it or spell it out to me, you're wrong.
Aug 13, 2016 10:27 PM

Aug 2015
Kagami said:
Pixelzz said:

You're wrong though. You say they set something as complete because they "finished it", but just because you get what went on in the scenes or episodes you skipped doesn't mean you watched that scene and or episode. Your argument goes against what the term "complete" even mean. Sure, I could watch Cowboy Bebop and randomly not watch episode 20, then its a fact I didn't complete Cowboy Bebop. I could watch Lucky Star and skip episodes 10-11, but that is not a completion either. How do you finish something you have yet to finish? Answer - You can't! No matter how you try to twist it or spell it out to me, you're wrong.
But that's your sense of meaning with "complete" word. it can mean they're done with this series. well it's back to my argument. it's their list and how they use them is up to them. why do they have to follow your definition of complete when it's their list?
Let's take my list my example. (well it's private but w/e)
I use dropped as on hold and on hold as top priority PTW.
see? it is my/their list. I/they have no obligation to follow your list managing style.
Aug 13, 2016 10:32 PM

Jun 2014
Pixelzz said:
Kagami said:

But that's your sense of meaning with "complete" word. it can mean they're done with this series. well it's back to my argument. it's their list and how they use them is up to them. why do they have to follow your definition of complete when it's their list?
see? it is my/their list. I/they have no obligation to follow your list managing style.

Its not my style, its a global fact. You can't finish an anime and not finish the anime. Once you skip an episode, why not skip all the episodes?

Your argument is faulty and makes little sense. By your argument, I could go on a wiki for episodes and a detailed description as each and mark it as complete....
Aug 13, 2016 10:44 PM

Aug 2015
Kagami said:
Pixelzz said:

Its not my style, its a global fact.
oh, how?
You can't finish an anime and not finish the anime. Once you skip an episode, why not skip all the episodes?
Sure if that give you the sense as you get what you want from the show and the feel like you're done with it. but does it? i don't think so.
Does skip one episode affect my overall enjoyment factor?
Does skip all episode affect my overall enjoyment factor?
Are both method above has the same effect on enjoyment factor?

Your argument is faulty and makes little sense. By your argument, I could go on a wiki for episodes and a detailed description as each and mark it as complete....
But Is "complete it" the ultimate goal of you watching anime? if true then it's pathetic.
The goal of entertainment medium is to get an enjoyment out of it. If you feel like reading wiki will give you the sense of you're done enjoying it then sure. do it. But that can't be an option.

You're arguing here by assuming everyone watch *insert any show here* just for the sake of complete it. But No. they watch to enjoy it, not just to complete it. if they're done enjoying it then they're done with it.
Aug 13, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2015
I'm guilty of using the 1,5x speed on the Tokyo Ghoul anime because I had already read the manga and just wanted to get over this shit quickly after seeing how butchered it is, because yeah I'm some fag who won't drop. Also concerning childhood shit like Pokemon where I obviously missed a few eps here and there back in the day, it won't stop me from marking it as completed because I've seen most of it and I'm way too lazy to search what I missed in a show that I've outgrown.

If that makes me a "fake fan" then so be it I guess.
Aug 13, 2016 10:53 PM

Jun 2014
@Pixelzz - Erm.. I can't cure your ignorance. If you can't grasp you can't finish an anime without finishing it and support the idea of "reading a wiki" could be a good way to tackle the anime medium then I don't think you'll get anything I say.

Opinion of 2016 - If they enjoy it... they finished it even if they didn't watch a single episode.

Bai Bai.
Aug 13, 2016 10:58 PM

Aug 2015
Kagami said:
@Pixelzz - Erm.. I can't cure your ignorance. If you can't grasp you can't finish an anime without finishing it and support the idea of "reading a wiki" could be a good way to tackle the anime medium then I don't think you'll get anything I say.

Opinion of 2016 - If they enjoy it... they finished it even if they didn't watch a single episode.

Bai Bai.
Hmm, the ignorance is on your part. you refuse to acknowledge that people watch the show to enjoy it and not to complete it.
List system is just there for people to manage what they watch.
why do you assume completely finish is important or the ultimate goal of watching something?
why can't you accept people use listing system in different way?

And your argument doesn't make sense.
how can someone enjoy it if they haven't watch a single episode?
and how does one irrelevant episode affect overall enjoyment that much?
Aug 13, 2016 11:20 PM

Sep 2012
It's the first time I've ever heard of that and it does sound incredibly weird. I was once a completionist (during my first yer watching anime) and even then when I hated something I just kept going and never really watched it at twice the speed or faster. I don't see the point at all.
Aug 13, 2016 11:55 PM

Feb 2016
i've seen in this site has a kind of game called 'anime watching challenge'. maybe it's because of this ppl force himself to finish the anime faster
Aug 14, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
I've put some anime on 2X speed before if it starting getting really slow and boring at one part (like if there's a boring filler part of an episode or just really slow dialogue) though when it picks back up again I return it back to normal speed. I've also done that with some other shows that I lost some interest that weren't overly complicated to see if they looked like they were still interesting but I usually ended up dropping those.

I watch stuff that I actually really care about at normal speed unless some scene just starts dragging out. I don't understand how anybody could watch one at 4X though, I can barely keep up with the subs a 2X unless it's a really slow scene. Even if it's dubbed unless they are taking extremely slow I still don't think 4X would work well. I do watch Casshern Sins on 2X speed though, the pacing on the show is so slow for that most part it actuelly makes the show better for me. For some reason I just find that show really slow yet I kept Ergo Proxy and Wolfs Rain on normal speed.

Some people just don't have much free time so they speed up there anime to watch more. I didn't watch much anime last month because of college work and being busy with family stuff but I still watched stuff I actuelly cared about a lot on normal speed.
MattKitsune96Aug 14, 2016 12:23 AM
Aug 14, 2016 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
I never even knew that was a thing till now. The more you know, I guess.
Like I have my moments of being attention deficit, sometimes i'll take a break in the middle of an episode to do something else, which I think can be stupid, but that being said, I've never even thought of speeding up the show itself.

whatever floats people's boats, I guess. It'd be weird to hear the voices and sound pitched up, though.
Aug 14, 2016 12:20 AM
BL Connoisseur

Oct 2008
Kagami said:
gwendal738 said:

Lol you say that like I care about other people's opinion on how I watch anime and how I do things. I am not going to sit through god awful series and waste my time that I could use to watch other anime more worthy of my time.

Weird. You're saying you'd be wasting your time by watching the last two episodes at a normal pace, but isn't also true you had a choice getting that far in an anime that you obviously felt was a waste of time? I say suck it up and finish the series normally or don't watch it if you were wasting your time on your own decision. A lot of whining I hear when its clearly all your fault.

Again, I don't care what you think lol. I'll do it my way, you have no right to tell me what to do.

I am forever your most devoted believer.

Aug 14, 2016 12:24 AM

Jun 2014
gwendal738 said:
Kagami said:

Again, I don't care what you think lol. I'll do it my way, you have no right to tell me what to do.

That's fine if you don't care. This is my thread and am looking for various opinions on why people do this and am replying to people who stick out. If you don't feel like answering, no problem. I do have a right however to reply and give opinions to others in my thread.
Aug 14, 2016 12:29 AM

Feb 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TC5vCyny_U because they use the speed force duh
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 14, 2016 1:15 AM

Feb 2015
If only i had thought of this whilst watching familiar of zero, that girl lead pissed me off so much at the beginning but once i had begun i couldn't stop, though to be honest Id rather just stop watching something or skip it rather than watch it at a faster speed, just seems pointless to do so.
Mountain Dew is love, Mountain Dew is life
Aug 14, 2016 1:22 AM

Nov 2014
To this day I still don't truly understand why people do that.

If you find watching an anime so tiresome that you go to such lengths as to watch it in 2x speed, then just drop it.

Aug 14, 2016 2:19 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't know people did this lmao

Wouldn't watching it on 2x speed ruin the anime? I drop a series or put it on hold if I'm finding it slow/losing interest, completion doesn't mean much to me. I care more about enjoying the anime and experiencing it, that's why I go back to my list when I have time, and watch anime leisurely

Buuut each to their own
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 3:40 AM

Apr 2015
I know a friend who does the same with movies, he does grasp whats going on though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2016 3:47 AM

Aug 2014
katiak_Ula said:
Wow <_< can't believe it ppl did that way. for the sake of completion? Lol
... ikr >_>...... jeez damm ellites

Aug 14, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
well i prefer full skip than 2x/ 4x speed its more faster lol
atleast for me i do this not for sake of completion but for curious n when travelling watch anime n almost run out batery >_<
also i always rewatch more episode than i thought well depend on mood n time 3-5 time per episode withoutskip

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 15 minutes ago

3 by alshu »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

85 by LenRea »»
10 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

60 by Ricchan__ »»
20 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 2 hours ago

10 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

81 by BilboBaggins365 »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.